Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Gakpoooooo. Have that pgmol, you corrupt shower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

He grabbed the bottom of his hamstring I think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I was just thinking, even at 1-0, can't fault one of them this half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

That offside decision looks absolutely rotten.

If they show the lines where Diaz is offside then fair enough but f**k me it looks bad.

GAKPOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Feck sake Diaz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

How did Diaz miss that!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Omg Diaz that would've been some turn around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Gakpo got a good shot on the ankle in that foul, when his foot got caught under yer man's knee. Could be a bad one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Boom could be ahead if they had of allowed Diaz goal which was onside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Probably would've been offside anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I've never been more pissed off about officiating in a game. Despite been robbed we have been absolutely brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

Look as he spun for the goal, his left ankle went very funny but he still continues. It's the spin on his left that got him. Hobbled immediately after. Same ankle he was caught with on the tackle just a few moments before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Incredibly frustrating half from a refereeing point of view.

Zero transparency on the offside with what was clearly a very very tight call that the naked eye puts onside.

Clearly biased presentation of images for the red card. Showing only the final images in slow-mo, instead of at any point showing the full incident in real time is outright manipulative from the VAR officials. I wouldn't allow slow-mo at all on those replays as they distort the reality of the event, but to not show it in real time at all is idiotic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I've no problem with mistakes. They happen.

Today's officiating from VAR has been rotten though. Rank rotten.

Is there a rule that you have to be pure stupid to oversee VAR?

Some of these probably can't manage their emails.

Absolutely of no help to the ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Should be 3-1 ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Surely the clubs have been protesting the level of VAR in all matches. Every single match I’ve seen the VAR has missed some sitters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,674 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Only started watching the game , Jones sent off . Watching it now harsh

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Everything I've seen suggests the Diaz's goal was onside, this is the one thing where VAR has to be black and white. Almost hope I'm wrong and it was just offside, because it is unacceptable if not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Bet there's nothing said and no lines drawn at half time from sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Never one for conspiracy theories but after that red card and the goal ruled offside but this is clearly corruption. The offside is black and white.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Really pissed off ever that offside decision. Why not draw the line?

Not going to even look at the offside at half time.

No mention on sky of the Diaz offside at all.

Redknapp continuously going on about "not meaning to hurt him" is dumb on the other side too - it doesn't matter if he's trying to or not, all that matters is if its dangerous. The actual defence is that the move for the ball was grand and controlled, he made clear obvious decent contact with the ball, and it was only that contact on the ball that slides his foot onto the Spurs player.

• Advertisement

That's the worst offside call against us since this onez and they have replays now ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

In spite of everything going against us I think we've been superb in that half. We dominated and were very dangerous before the sending off and even since we've been very dangerous. There's goals there for us on the counter if we can manage their post half time onslaught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Something very strange going on.

Incompetence is easier to explain than conspiracy but if it keeps happening then what other conclusion could people come to.

Just about mentioned that it was contentious on the way to ads, I would love a definitive answer because everything points to that being a goal that was rules out for no reason at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Calling the offside now, no lines drawn as they could not see the ball being released so they went with on field call - that is what happened I think, unless they can show the lines to confirm he was off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

That slide tackle foul on Gakpo that hurt him, why wasn't that VARed and a red card given?

Doesn't matter where this ball was sure, a still shot would show him with his knee in Cody's ankle and his ankle twisted, that's enough surely???

I'm pretty sure that they can match the frames from multiple angles, I'm certain of it in fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭antimatterx

It was a bad tackle, but there was mitigation. If this is what counts as a red, then let it be for the rest of the season as well. I don't want to see a similar tackle next week getting a yellow because he went over the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

That's the worst VAR offside call I've seen. Didn't even take a second look at it. Absolutely baffling. Sky not even mentioning it either.

Honestly, the red card is fine. A potentially dangerous tackle over the ball. Seen plenty of them given and would want a Spurs player sent off for something similar.

The offside though......

They definitely definitely can see the ball being released. They have cameras giving total coverage of the field in perfect sync. There was an issue last season where there was a blind spot right down in the corner, which they've rectified this season.

Mcmanaman on the channel I am watching on calls that onside. It's very obvious. What's the point of Var if this crap happens. Why no lines. How many games have we seen with 3 mins to make a decision and loads of lines drawn.

We've done really well so far but I think Spurs will be too much for us second half.

Happy to wrong though.

I am trying to give them the benefit here of that call (still a bullcrap call though if that is what happened)...I suspect the real reason might be stupider than that but I am trying not to be too cynical. It's hard work though.

• Advertisement

Yeah, tbh I don't entirely mind the call - it's on the edge for me. The images shown for the ref by VAR were a total disgrace though presenting a skewed version of events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭ratracer

I’d like to see Endo brought on for Gakpo and Nunez for Diaz on the second half!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭mormank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Harry Kane wasn’t and Robertson was against these. That’s the frustrating part pf it. They instinctively show red against ours, like Robertson, McAllister, Van Dijk & now Jones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,492 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sky requested images for offside, REFUSED to provided , as of yet

WTF

Jota instead of Nunez ? That's an odd choice. Gapko off as expected. Hopefully not for long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Have we seen the Diaz offside with any lines yet?

Like, I'm deadly serious.

It just seemed so odd that they told the referee to keep going with the game.

Absolutely corrupt that nobody has seen the lines yet. It genuinely smells extremely wrong. Even Neville is confused.

Even Neville thinks the offside is suspect.

• Advertisement

Jota on

Advertisement