Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Thats really hard to take. A really deflating blow after doing the work.

Spurs had absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Klopp needs to be succinct and direct in his post match.

No ranting. No raving. No rising to the interviewer's bait.

Just ask about the Diaz offside. Nothing else. Because that informs everything else. If they ask about our resilience, just acknowledge it and ask about the offside we haven't seen. Until that is answered, nothing else should be talked about. Don't talk about the sending off of Jones or Jota. No point.

Just focus on Diaz. If nobody can answer that, well, he doesn't have to say anything about any referee. The lack of transparency says everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Not at all.

Just complete incompetence, which is far worse.

Nothing will happen with Howard Webb over them either. Another fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭JPup

Agreed. We can take a lot of positives from this game despite the result!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

A loss, but we will take a lot from that game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

This still applies, we're the real deal this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

We actually took a quick free near the end. I think a couple of them fancied getting a winner. Should have taken every available second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭antimatterx

That's **** joke. Refs are a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭arsebiscuits82

Spurs players and fans celebrating like they won the league

• Advertisement

Down to 9 men (debatable), an onside goal ruled out, yeah this match was because of the refs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

Everyone expecting Klopp to go off but I don't think he will. That usually only happens when we play poorly. I can't fault anything about that performance and hope it galvanises the team.

No flak for Matip but I'd definitely have some for Jota, brainless second yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭facehugger99

That performance gives me more confidence for the coming season than a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yeah the team were outstanding.

There's going to be some big VAR questions asked this week.

Still can't believe that finish. An own bloody goal into the top corner with almost the last kick of the game. With only 9 men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Gutted,but at least we didn't lose ground on City, still hard to take,we defended better with 9 than we have with 11

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

You can't explain that officiating as incompetence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

2 pts off citeh and never felt more confident about the strength of a liverpool team. Its on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Unlucky, heroic effort. Joel was very good, heavy legs though contributed to the OG, ridden rock solid by the officials and contributed to the last goal. We were still trying to win that game strange as it seems, we had chances to bring the ball into the corner and kill it and we didn't, but that's a small criticism.

Jota needs a kick in the hole, the only one I'd have any criticism for, pure silly especially with us already on 10.

Bigger picture, I wouldn't worry about Spurs on that performance, they were lucky.

• Advertisement

We have 3 straight red cards this season, rest of the league has 6 combined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Officials an absolute farce but jota knows he’s on a yellow goes in like that with a ref like that it was a crazy decision and cost us a point but feck Liverpool were robbed today hard to take that

Is that Jones gone for 1 or 3 games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,046 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Between VAR ruling out that goal for seemingly no reason, and getting the ref to change his mind on Jones with a very manipulative choice of images... really doesn't look good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,495 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Can we all agree at least, that there is corruption at play. EVERYONE, including Man U fans, including 3 year olds, know it was onside, while VAR team with all the angles and replays called it clearly off, in 0.0004 of a second.

You can only laugh at the combination of bad luck and sheer officiating incompetence we had to go through in that game. Ridiculously cruel for it to end that way.

That game was shaping up to be the best of the season too, some brilliant passages of play from both teams in the opening 25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It's not actual corruption.

But the offside needs to be explained, because every single other one is. Ever.

Some video referee, after already deciding Jones deserved to be sent off, and after showing every angle to the referee except the one where it shows he barely touched him, if at all, has decided Diaz was clearly offside enough to just move the game on. And we've had no evidence since.

It's absolute and utter nonsense. Why has a video ref decided that. Its inconsistent with how every single offside check is ever done.

I guarantee you they'll say the tech failed in the moment, so they went with the on-field decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I was saying to myself the whole game:

"so proud, so proud, so proud"

Gutted how it turned out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Outstanding performance. Never been more positive after a loss. Tough one to take for matip but he put everything in today.

I'm lost for words at that officiating though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Why are spurs celebrating like they won the european cup? it took an injury time OG for them to beat 9 men when they had 12 on their side.

I have'nt been vexed watching a game of football in forever, let me tell you, i'm mighty vexed tonight, we were robbed in broad daylight.

City have a tough run of fixtures coming up, we need to keep rolling and hope to be at least within reach on November 25th when we face them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

It’s corruption. It really is. From top to bottom. First Riley & now Webb - we know their form from when they were refs and as soon as they get the top job, they pack the list with Manchester & Yorkshire officials. We have seen it for years the treatment Salah gets. It’s actually got worse since Webb took over.

• Advertisement

The bookings are debatable and whatever but the Diaz goal is straight up robbery, I've never seen an offside review wrap up that quickly, especially one that looks dubious at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Simon hooper was stood down after wolves match surely that’s him done now

• Administrators Posts: 54,123 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The whinging on this thread is off the charts today. A bad decision and suddenly people are trying to find a great conspiracy behind every call that doesn’t go our way.

It’s easy to see why Jones was a red and if it was the other way round and wasn’t given there’d be at least 10 pages on this thread about how disgraceful a tackle it was.

Jota can have no complaints either. First yellow was very soft but he knew he was on a yellow and made a stupid tackle only moments later.

The only real big decision that we can legitimately moan about is the Diaz goal. That one will need an explanation.

Overall I thought we played very well. Spurs obviously didn’t know what to do against 9 men, and we did just sit back to a large extent. I thought Diaz had a quiet enough game particularly in the second half.

I guess Nunez wasn’t fit cause I’d have brought him on instead of Jota just for his pace, we were able to get balls in behind them often enough.

Gomez had a solid game, we needed his defensive skill set as it turned out. Though I think he was caught napping for their first goal, and they almost scored a carbon copy second half.

Pity we didn’t hang on for the draw but I still think they’ll take loads from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

One of hardest or certainly cases of cruelest bad luck in a game I can remember Liverpool playing in for a very long time . To lose like that in the end in 95th Min with an OG is hard. With Gapko injured as well , it's was a diabolical evening where everything that could go wrong did go wrong .

It's says so much about the state of that ref that Jones Red card felt like eternity of bad decisions ago. There afew mins there where Mo was through but had a free blown against him and then right after Jota gets booked when spurs player tripped himself .

I really can't get over how lucky spurs have been last few games. Thats a very hard one for players and Klopp to take today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,495 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's been going on a long time, tonight the corruption went to far, before one could question it, not be convinced, tonight they let their mask slip far to much, it's all very clear now, I have no doubt whatsoever now that someone is taking money.

Jotas first yellow wasn't soft, udogie literally tripped over himself it was farcical. However his second yellow was fair, and Klopp will probably give him a dressing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

He shouldn't be remotely blamed for that red given his first yellow was even a foul . Silly 2nd yellow but bar Ali the ref managed to book the whole Liverpool team

Ah **** off. It's not one bad decision, it's about 4 or 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

They had a line on one of the other channels, he's clearly on. Which seemed glaringly obvious at the time with the freeze frame.

Another apology I'd expect, or perhaps not given its Liverpool.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭passatman86

love the use of your word vexed 2 times ha ha. Thought only my family used that word in 2023 - you must be from down the country lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

That Mo one was a shambles as well.

He was in on goal, but a free and a yellow instead.

Forget an apology I want an explanation, who was looking at that footage and determined Diaz was offside?

All I can assume is that nobody actually looked at anything and they just stuck with the on field decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

I don't get the begrudging of Spurs celebrations. If you don't celebrate wins like that then what's the point in playing. Especially for a success starved club like them. Postecoglou came across very well too in the interview.

• Advertisement
Advertisement