Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Just seen Neco Williams mad goal in the friendly against Aston Villa. He might have something to offer this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Mbappe is doable if he's a free agent, if he wants 700k a week, you pay like 300k a week salary and then the rest as a signing fee.

Keep for 3 years and let him go to Spain then at 26.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Yeah I like to delude myself that we can get him if he's sensible with wage demands and what not. He's young enough to do a few years with us and still go to Madrid in his prime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

New Liverpool jersey reduced from €90 to €67.45. You get another 20% off that if you order before 10pm on ASOS.

Make sure you switch your region to Ireland.

They also have one of the training zip tops reduced to €52 from €65 with another 20% off again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I heard the plan for Mbappe is to offer him only a 2 year deal with a choice to extend to a 3 and there would also be a buy out clause,

Basically saying to him come play for us and of it doesn't go to plan u can go, leaves him in charge of his own destiny,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ha, two amazing goals in one!

Have always thought that if he were to stay, his position should maybe be as a forward rather than as defender. It's when he gets up towards the final third, and you know he can go outside or inside, that he really looks like he's playing the football he wants to be playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool are getting a £500k loan fee for Davies and if Sheff Utd get promoted they will get another £500k.

Liverpool have already made there money back on him as he joined for £500k and could make a profit by the end of the season and he is still a Liverpool player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

He came on at one of the friendlies at Anfield...

• Advertisement

Still convinced we need another top CM to win the league,

I see Renato Sanchez just had a knee op and is out for 6 weeks so that;s him out of the running although i don't think he ever really was going to sign ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Hey lads, there's a group of us going over to Liverpool for the weekend. A fee Liverpool fans amongst the group, we've realised there is probably no chance of getting tickets for Saturdays game. Would anyone here be able to recommend any pubs close enough to Anfield that would be decent to watch the game in?

With some luck and rotation we should be able to minimize the impact of the 'slight issues' which leave us without midfielders for months at a time. We have four midfielders that we can't run into the ground like Wijnaldum.

Thiago had what was described as a slight issue when he arrived at Liverpool, it was never sorted and continued to affect him during the Euros. Klopp spoke a couple of weeks ago about how it was affecting his ability to train, he was taken out of the training schedule to sort it out. Presumably that issue is taken care of now.

Keita has looked impressive in pre-season and hopefully he can carry the confidence from that into the season because he needs it. If he stays injury free we'll be fine and rotating him may be key to that.

Oxlade-Chamberlain looks like a misfit until he gets his fitness, it has been the same each time he returned from injury. He'll continue to look off the pace until he finds his rhythm and cameo appearances to eat up stoppage time at the end of a game are not going to help the situation.

Henderson is a problem because he declares himself fit to play when he knows that he isn't because he feels he would be letting the side down if he didn't. He has a history of compounding injuries because of such behavior.

Depending on how the international breaks are affected by travel restrictions we could potentially be looking at Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones and Elliott as our available midfield options for affected games. I wonder would Klopp consider drafting TAA into midfield if that situation occurs.

I was going to recommend where i go before games but then i realised iv never actually watch a match up near the stadium as i'd be going to the game ,

Iv always gone go to the Albert & the Sandon but for watching a game The Sandon would be the better of the two, (nice bit of history attached to the place)

Again sorry iv never actually watched a game in either just go pre -match if that makes sense ,

I'm sure the lads on here could recommend some more spots

*Sorry somehow i forgot the King Charles another pre-game favourite,

Ye id have to agree with all the above .

We kind of have our self's stacked with decent options but i'd prefer if we let one or two go and got one stand out,

Milner, Ox, Jones , Elliot, Keita for all different reasons could not be relied on to perform for a long run of games,

Then Thaigo & Henderson are a class above that but seem to pick up injuries,

Fab is the only one i would have total confidence in ,

I'd serious look at sending Jones on loan some where he can play Prem football every week ,

By the time he comes back Milner will be gone so will one of if not both OX /Naby ,

Taggys Bar on Anfield Road. Fills up quickly though. The likes of Jamie Webster and the other lads from Boss nights play there before the games.

• Advertisement

I heard that was great last season during restrictions , They where selling tickets for the beer garden and it was selling out in minutes ,

Yeah they do ticket only around the end of the season but its been walk ins only so far this season for the friendlies and the first game. They aren't selling tickets for Saturday so walk in again.

If the club were willing to spend the money they could have gone for Declan Rice prior to the Grealish transfer announcement. Before the summer Moyes had said that it would take an offer in the region of £65M for West Ham to contemplate selling him. With their supposed interest in Phillips, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Origi something could have been worked out. After the Grealish transfer, Rice will be valued at over £100M unless West Ham are desperate for money.

Ward-Prowse from Southampton would have been another solid midfield option and the fact that he didn't make the England squad could have worked in Liverpool's favour.

We're grand for 6's anyway, so wouldn't be too interested in Rice. Would have much more interest in someone like Kessie - better all round player, and more in line with what we need, for a lot less money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Twelfth man just down from the ground, always good to watch the game if you’ve no tickets. It will be packed before the game then empty out closer to kick off.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Excellent cheers lads! Hopefully a good atmosphere there on Saturday despite the early kick off.

I think Rice has the potential to add a lot more to his game. He showed glimpses of it during the Euros but he's still a bit raw when it comes to breaking forward. He's only 22 years old and he still has a lot of development potential as a player.

The few times iv seen Kessie play he has been brilliant, looks a proper all rounder,

I don't rate Rice at all plus hes just a 6 and we have the worlds best 6 already ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Jesus Declan Rice would be a terrible signing, not the kind of player we need. Even if we needed a 6, he's so overrated it's unbelievable. Always thought of him as a decent ball playing CB playing midfield. Technically not that great.

In relation to the current midfield options: Placing so much faith in an injury prone midfield (thinking of Ox and Keita) and presumption that youngsters will step up (Elliot and Jones) is crazy in my opinion, even Thiago and Henderson have missed key parts of previous seasons with injuries. But hey i'm not a league and european cup winning coach who works with them every day.

FSG are lucky to have a coach who doesn't sulk for not getting transfer resources, given his record. Only at the end of the season will we know whether it was a wise move. Its a very fair question Pearce asked in fairness, it does represent a genuine fear of a large portion of the fanbase, and to shout anyone down for having the temerity to ask questions is wrong.

Whatever you think of them as players is open to opinion, but we have no actual evidence based in reality that Ox and Keita can even replicate Wijnaldums contribution, let alone surpass it.

Thats before we even talk about the reliance on the same front 3 (with support of Jota) for next season, a season where 2 major parts of the attack will be away at the AFCON. Still think we will bring in a forward before deadline, we simply have to. No amount of spin can convince us Origi is capable of carrying the can when Salah and Mane are away.

Only 2 league matches fall within the AFCON dates - Brentford at home, and Crystal Palace away. Not the end of the world. AFCON ends on Feb 6th, and our next match is Feb 9th, at home to Leicester. If one/two of their teams make the final they might miss that one, or maybe be on the bench. I mean, it's obviously not ideal, but it's also not that big a factor.

I'd like another great young forward with bags of potential brought in - but that's for longer term reasons. Afcon isn't reason enough to jump the gun on getting the wrong person too early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

no thanks on Declan Rice.

the money asked for would be ludicrous.

he's also the most overhyped player I've seen in quite some time. he's a good destroyer, and can ping a pass or 2. but he's honestly not even half the player Fabinho is.

We are being linked with Barca's Ilaix Moriba this afternoon along with a host of other clubs as he wants to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXS8t60xVcw Origi out, this guy in. Super aggressive, intense, consistent defensive yet attacking player.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

A big no thank you on Rice, a big yes please on Raphinha, doubt they would let him go but he would certainly be a good addition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Fab, Firmino, and Alisson all missing for Man United game because they're all called up for Brazil WC Games ? Then missing more games when they return due to having to isolate ??

Is this true, sucks if it is .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I’d be shocked if it wasn’t sorted somehow. The clubs are paying these lads too much money for them to be missing games because of internationals in the middle of the season, aside from tournaments like the AFCON.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,291 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

They open at 10am on Saturday and are doing food from then too. Get in early!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

One thing I have enjoyed since Klopp joined is the distinct impression that Klopp really wouldn't notice if his neighbours bought a new car and painted their house orange. He just doesn't seem to care about keeping up with the Jones. Only ever seems concerned about getting the most out of the players he already has. In the stratus of high-spending clubs to which he belongs, he seems the most self-confident and self-contained of all the big managers, with faith in his decisions and his senior staff. I don't expect a big midfielder to come in, even if the neighbours are buying SUVs on tick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

We are blessed to have klopp,he would improve every team in world football imo.

Without a billion quid

I noticed from todays training pics there's no sign of Joey Gomez hope he hasn't picled up an injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Robertson back running already,hopefully he will be back after the international break

At this stage I’d nearly rather Tsimikas get a decent run of games while Robbo is unavailable so he’s well tuned in to the first team and sharp enough to rotate him in throughout the season.

An extra couple of weeks rest would do Robbo no harm at all, he played a ridiculous amount of football over the last year or so and you have to be so careful with ankle ligament injuries too. One just has to look at what an innocuous ankle injury did to Fernando Torres in his prime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Missing 3 key players against one of our main rivals in potential premier league title race and one of the biggest games in world football just so these 3 can sit on the bench in a Word Cup qualifier. Liverpool need to come to an agreement with Brazil for this.

• Advertisement

Liverpool's game against Man U is on October 24th Brazil's last game before that is on October 12th and there next game is on November 11th so I'm not sure how they are going to miss the the Man U game.

Woodburn off on loan to Hearts till January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Its only speculation from Toby, it's not a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

FIFA have not extended the exemption for clubs not to let their players travel to red countries for international games. The UK quarantine rules from red countries would mean that day 0 when they arrive is October 13th and they have to be in an isolated hotel room for 10 days with a negative test result from day 8.

This would mean they could not train until October 23rd the day before the game.

It's not just a Liverpool problem obviously so an agreement needs to be reached between the Premier League / FA and the UK government or world football clubs and FIFA to again extend the exemption.

A UK politician recently travelled around the world without isolating because he said it was part of his job. Could be argued by football players too as they are constantly being tested compared to someone just going on vacation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Why are people constantly talking about Mbappe? It’s never happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

If you're a member on irishkop.com, a few spares are popping up and some tickets are intermittently popping up on LFC's portal.

Just make sure you or someone else has a membership so you can either buy the ticket or have it transferred to you in your name.

The fact that it's the BT early game should mean most pubs will defo have it on (tricky if it was the 3pm game).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

With some tickets popping up online and on the portal what would the chances be of picking up a couple over there before the game Saturday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Considering they are on NFC passes now, I'd imagine tickets would be hard to come by. Not sure if you can transfer to another member right up to KO.

We really can be Thanks Whores now that the Like button is now Thanks button :)

I’m not sure if that exclamation mark was always there, but every time I see it now I can’t stop hearing this in my head:

• Advertisement
Advertisement