Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Done extremely well for both. Great headed finish for the goal, and great hold up with clever play and lay off for the assist. More of that please Darwin and we will be good....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,501 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

That assist can only be described as "Darwin". Brilliant, but crazy 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Yep, the 3pm blackout needs to end.

Also Ireland living under the rules of British broadcasting rules needs to end too. I know we get one game at 3pm on Saturday but it's time we were like every other independent country in the world and show every game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,118 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'd guess we'd need RTE or someone like that to bid on the rights to show them here, and pay top dollar for that. Which won't happen as the customer base to have worthwhile return isn't there. I guess we have the 3pm game, plus the UK ones, so it ain't the worst really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Fair play to Mo, putting out a public video plea for aid and support to Gaza.

Gakpo back in training big boost to have an extra attacker again, even if it's from the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Just about to post this, huge boost for the match 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

We should be separate from the UK.

The old excuse of the spillover from the 28E satellite is no longer valid really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Missing from training apparently;

Andy Robertson, Ben Doak, Thiago & Stefan Bajcetic

Thiago has now been out for 6 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Bajcetic nearly as long, bar a brief couple of cameos.

May not see Robbo until Christmas. Big few weeks for Kostas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Tommysocks11

Feck sake, thiago is some sick note, hopefully we offload him soon to free up wages for Andre or whoever, a great player when fit but christ he's always injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

We really got screwed by the contractor here. I don't know if they were the lowest bidder and this is why the work is shoddy in places, but its not like they were a fly-by-night either. I can see that they may have started taking shortcuts once they knew their financial situation was precarious, but the end result is we have a stand that seems to have serious issues in areas and this is costing the club money but more importantly it is screwing fans who bought tickets in the stand that was supposed to be completed already.

I think that the next 4 games could kind of end up defining our season. Because of how the fixtures have fallen so far, we find ourselves in the top 4, but have played more difficult games than the other clubs in the top 4.

These are the fixtures played by each of the top 4 so far;

The main difference I can see is that Spurs have played the bottom 4 teams, and beaten them all, whereas the other clubs have only played 1 or 2. Arsenal & Man City have played a lot of teams in the middle of the table and Liverpool have played the majority of their games in the top third of the table. Arsenal have a different ratio of H:A games than the 3 others too.

The big thing for Liverpool is the next 5 games, where 4 of the clubs are lingering above the relegation zone, and really should all be beaten. We have to take advantage of this run of fixtures, before the Man City game after the next international break.

Have to be taking 12 points from 12 IMO, and even just work in somewhat of a buffer, at least. Winning all 4 games will set down a marker and say that Liverpool want to challenge for the title. Any draw and it confirms that top 4 is the height of the season ambitions in the league I reckon.

The likes of Szobozlai, Nunez, MacAllister etc were all bought to beat these type of teams, home and away. Time to do it now.

• Advertisement

Just discussing this with the lads in work, the next 4 games will define our ambitions this season. 12 points from them could put us top going into the next international window due the teams around us having more difficult opposition or else just taking points off each other. A huge amount depends on tomorrow though, if we don’t play well or take all 3 points, then this could have a knock-on affect on those next 3 fixtures. I would really love a comfortable 2 goal win with a decent performance and give us a platform to go to town over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Andy Robertson requires surgery on his shoulder

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

A big blow, Robbo has been nowhere near his best this season, but unfortunately the drop off in standard to replace him is stark. Tsimikas after a promising first few years was really poor last year, and he does not seem to have improved from what I’ve seen this season. Defensively he’s just not good enough, a massive few months required from him to see if he can get anyways back to some kind of form. 

• Advertisement

Yeah that's it, when Liverpool are playing the 'easier' games over the next 4 weeks, other top 4 / top 6 clubs have trickier games against each other. We should be gaining ground over a couple of these clubs in the same time frame.

Chelsea v Arsenal

Man Utd vs Man City

Newcastle v Arsenal & Spurs v Chelsea

Chelsea v Man City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

When we start doing the 'get 12 points from the next 12' posts, I always feel that we'll screw up. Tomorrow worries me for a few reasons: returning from international break, Everton have found a BIT of form, our record in the early KO isn't great, Tsimikas in for Robbo. I know it's Everton and it's Anfield - hopefully we'll win 4-0 and I'll wonder about my negativity.

Ya I get what you're saying, but at the end of the day, this Everton team will be fighting relegation when this season comes to a close. If we can't beat them tomorrow I think it could say more about us than them in the long run...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Absolutely, not arguing with any of that. Just a confluence of variables leaving me slightly uneasy. If we have designs on the title (unlikely) or Top 4 (very likely), we should send these away with their tails between their legs once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

With Robertson out for a good while, I think I'd rather see Gomez playing than Tsimikas. Gomez has been in good form and Robertson has spent a lot of time this season effectively playing as a third centre back anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

I've never been overly impressed with Tsimikas, Robertson rarely got rested, even when he looked burnt out and not up to his usual swashbuckling self which makes me think the backroom team thought the same. I think he signed a new contract recently and he wouldn't have gotten that if he didn't have something about him so who knows?

This is the scouser Greeks time to shine and prove me wrong. Very likable fella and I hope he shows he's up to it. The derby at home should be a good game for him to come into.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

If Tsimikas is not good enough to fill in for Robertson, then he shouldn't be at the club, he's long enough at the club, so Klopp should know exactly what he's capable of and if worth keeping around, the fact he signed a new contract recently suggests Klopp thinks he's good enough. There is no point holding onto players who aren't able to fill in when required, every member of the squad when fit and available should be able to fill in when called upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

He's been mostly decent as an attacking left back and puts good crosses in but if he's being asked to play more defensively, as Robertson has been, I wouldn't have as much faith in him. We'll find out his level if he plays most games for the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Since Tsimikas has joined, he hasn't had any extended run in the team, so difficult to judge a player when he only plays the odd game or few minutes here and there. Most players tend to need a run of games to show their true form, similar to Jones at the end of last season and Gomez at the start of this season, when they started to play regularly their form improved. Klopp obviously thinks Tsimikas is good enough as he wouldn't ( or at least shouldn't) have him in the squad otherwise. We'll find out for certain if he's good enough over the next few months.

Tsimikas coming in might result in a switch to the more traditional system that Klopp used to play.

One of the main reasons why Trent (and Gomez) starting inverting into midfield is because last season there was not enough legs in midfield to have control, energy, pressing or creativity and the extra player was needed. A lot of those characteristics are in the team again this season with MacAllister Szlobozai Gravenberch and Jones, so is there a need to invert as much?

When one full back inverts, the other has to hold back a bit. When you remove the need to invert, you can just return to the wing back system again. It's not ideal as MacAllister is not prime Fabinho but given the fixtures over the next 4 weeks, it's worth a try IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Kostas is an OK deputy for many games, but for any big games he's jot good enough. I'd be worried about a lad like him who is obviously #2 and not gonna displace Andy any time soon, signing a new, long term contract recently - he must have little ambition on a personal level.

What will happen is that he'll play a lot of the home games and the gsmes v the lower teams, and Gomez will play LB in the tougher games. Gomez will do a good job too, he stepped in there for a while a few years ago IIRC, around the time he broke his leg? It's a thankless task for Joe, he'll do well there but any goal conceded or error made he'll be castigate here and elsewhere even though again he'll be the square peg being forced to do the job in the round hole.... the role of the squad player I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,204 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Alisson, Alexander Arnold, Konate, Van Dijk, Tsimikas, Mac Allister, Szoboszlai, Gravenberch, Salah, Jota, Diaz

Post edited by paulie21 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Grav, Macallister and Sobo all start...

Oh yes, this is nice

That's an awful defensive bench. Will need to win this early IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Well nunez and elliot are game changers. Both have been excellent off the bench this season. Where is Doak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Klopp said he has a slight issue in the press conference.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

That team should win. The bench looks pretty good in fairness, cover and game changers.

Any kind of a win will do, 4-0 and no injuries would be very nice 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I predict 3 broken legs for Liverpool, and 2 sending offs for Liverpool, Everton , no cards.

Aside from Nunez, there is no player on the bench that you would say is a front 3 player. Elliott can play there but he is not exactly a winger or inside forward. He's been good from the bench as a midfielder from the bench this season.

Nunez & Diaz are gonna be doing a bit of job sharing today I'd guess.

4 defenders & a DM on the bench from 8 outfielders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭tinpib

What a beaut of a cross from Tsimikas there.

And lovely little ball into Jota from Gravenberch as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Had to laugh at Pickford shouting for a free kick for clattering into his own defender

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Heavy touch on that pass by Salah, would have been a good chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Why are we leaving so many short balls?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭tinpib

Crikey, Virgil looked really slow there, just about got there.

Very poor by Konate that lead to conceeding the corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,955 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Diaz absolutely has to score that, he seems to always let the blocker get back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Diaz couldn't afford to take a touch there. Should have just hit it.

• Administrators Posts: 54,123 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Gravenberch looking good today.

Diaz should have scored that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement