Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Happy with the scoreline, considering we had nearly 30 mins of nothing.

We should be banging in 4 or 5 today, Forrest not up to much in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Yea, strikes it like Ronaldo, we've not seen it yet though, Trent takes them all , even when it never seems to suit Trent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,956 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Nunez hilarious as always, a well earned bicycle kick attempt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Attacking the annie in the second half is wreaking havoc with my ocd.

A lot of kicking the ball away after whistles and crowding the ref going unpunished. These rules really do only last a couple weeks until they're forgotten about.

• Advertisement

Salah's never even had a half decent free kick for us has he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Can't remember a decent one from Salah.

Harvey seems to be looking to pass behind him every time and its starting to annoy me.

It's Forest ffs. We should be hammering them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭tinpib

Shaping up for a comfortable finish here. So turning to the other game, hoping for a United win but let's face it that's not terribly likely. I know the head would say a draw but the heart says a 0:6 win for City, don't want them to equal our 7.

He's scored a few for Egypt and maybe in Italy but they're all years old, he really just gets them because we've no other left footers it seems

• Advertisement

Jesus Trent, keep it simple. Blasting over from 40 yards out is wasteful.

Gakpo is starting to wreck my head (easily wrecked today in fairness).

He's made some saves but Turner has been shaky all game

A lot of that is on Szoboszlai controlling the ball and finding Salah there instead of just hoofing it out of our box to safety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Some pass by Slob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Omg the neutrals will love that.

Good result, unremarkable game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

3 points and not a whole lot more to talk about.

City getting a very soft penalty for a pull in the box off the ball, geez Jota was man handled and flung into the net in our game off the ball from a dead ball situation and we got nothing. No other team in the league gets a call like City got, its so obvious what is going on. Ref didn't even give it, wasn't a clear and obvious error, but VAR stopped the game, a full minute of play later, after the ball has been up and down the pitch, minute later game stopped, and ref asked to look at the tiny hustle in the box, then gives a penalty for it. Nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

• Advertisement

I thought it was a very good performance, took a while to break through for the first, we then controlled the game while adding 2 more, Alisson a spectator throughout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Easy as you like really on to the next game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Szoboszlai excellent again today. Gravenbach did well but looked to tire early in the second half, once he's 100% conditioning wise he'll be a monster.

Yeah he's not played a full 90 for us yet, most is 79 mins vs Union and he's usually closer to 60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'd imagine he's still a good bit away from 100% given how little he played last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

A nice jersey alright . The problem with the one I have is I got F-ing Nando’ name on it . A mere months before he joined Chelsea . Its chucked in a box somewhere. The next one I got will have no name on it

I absolutely love seeing Bruno captaining that sinking ship.

Glorious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Szlobozai doesn't stop running. He creates so much space and opportunities from it.

I'd take a guess I wasn't the only lad in there today that had a few pints last night. Sleepy game, but a win is a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I will pray for Diaz's parents.

• Advertisement

Thoughts and prayers! A kind sentiment but ultimately will do nothing.

Realistically it'll be a large ransom. Hopefully it's resolved soon. Diaz must be in bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭giveitholly

With MacAllister one booking away from suspension I presume he won't be risked against Luton next Sunday

It's going to be hard to win this league when City have the officials in their pockets, no one else would get that penalty call today, or have a game called back after a minute of play, for what was a VERY soft subjective call at best, clear and obvious, you're having a laugh. Jota was Rugby tackled into the net from a corner today on the 29:07 minute, but it happens at every dead ball situation into the box, but today we saw VAR call game back , after a minute of play, called it an obvious error, needed ref to go to screen, even took him another minute to be convinced of it, my god it's so obvious what is happening in front of our eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Jones is back from suspension and Endo is looking better lately so I'd say he's benched yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Don't look at the time it took to look it the incident, it is about the first stoppage of play. The way City play they can take a lot of time between stoppage just keeping it amongst themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,301 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Really pleased with the start to the season, keeping pace with city and I still think the midfield hasn't properly clicked with the attack, so more to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,301 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He had 3 starts in the bundesliga last season he'll take a while to get up to speed. I've all the patience in the world for him anyway

Yeah I reckon Endo starts next Sunday as the no 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Augme

We are away to Bournemouth in the EFL on Wednesday so I'd expect Endo to start that. Four games in the next two weeks before the next international break. Not sure we'll have the luxury of not picking Mac to avoid another yellow card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Play Mac as you would, he will get a yellow when he gets a yellow and we will have to deal with it as a squad then. If he hasn't gotten it yet before the Brentford match you may think about not playing him to avoid him being suspended for City the next match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Yeah exactly. There can be limited times in Europe or maybe with a cup final coming up, when such a thing might make sense, but in this case us effectively choosing to give MacAllister a voluntary suspension for Luton would be ludicrous! Klopp will rotate players from time to time but not because of 4 yellows this early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭facehugger99

We’ve built a bit of a cushion to a lot of the other teams who would have been looking at Champions League qualification at the start of the season.

Man Utd, Newcastle, Brighton, Chelsea all at least 6 back.

Not bad considering the fixture list.

Szoboszlai is some signing.

My player of the season so far. Superb in every game. Quickly becoming my favorite player to watch.

Bench Mac against Luton.

It's f*cking Luton.

I know what game I'd prefer him to be available for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Alot of talk of Madison as the prem signing of the season so far, and he's been fantastic, but Sobo is under the radar.

Every week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Aston Villa look like they will seriourly challenge for top 4 this season, since Emery took over they are probably among the top 4 points wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

There was literally noone on that side yesterday that would start on any of the top 5 or 6 sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Had a quick look back over the last 4 or 5 seasons and the top 4 are way ahead on points compared to previous seasons so the difficulty rating is important, you'd expect 1 or 2 teams to start dropping points as their fixtures get harder.

The top 4 have dropped very few points compared to normal. I'd say it's a combination of an easy fixture list so far for Spurs and the bottom 5 or 6 teams are very poor. We really need to be dropping nothing against that lot.

On the other side, it feels like Chelsea was 2 points dropped. Villa and Brighton are way more balanced teams.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
Advertisement