Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Haaland fouled the Chelsea player, dragged his shirt and pulled him along with him as to get caught up, he does this 470000 times a game, how VAR reviewing this don't see it is beyond me, but it's always the case with City and VAR. Shady as fck .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

I can't help but feel not going for Kamara last summer when he went for free to Villa was a huge mistake. We had been broadly linked for a season or 2 and then nothing when it was clear he was on the move, he's been unbelievable for Villa this season allowing Luiz a bit more freedom to get forward more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I think Kostas was a big reason we were creating more chances when level v Brentford than v Luton. The width he provided on the left hand side just gave us a lot more variety in attack, more for the defense to think about.

I think Endo has to play against City, but needs to be very careful. He could have seen red in each of the last two matches, and a tight decision could go against him v City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Can't wait for the City match but my God, having it at 12.30pm on Saturday is infuriating.

We've had the early Saturday kick off after all 3 international breaks this season - that can't be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Endo did OK, but Virgil I thought set the tempo with Joel driving forward from the back. Really put Brentford on the back foot and helped create an extra man further forward.

Much more energy all around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I really want to see Endo play 5/6 games in a row so he gets proper match fitness before making a judgement.

At times yesterday he played the ball a little too simply and slowly for my liking.

On the otherhand, I love how he doesn't let his size stop him challenging people and as lucky as he was to avoid a yellow sometimes we need to be a bit more cynical (Luton last week)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

In a small way, this one is partly 'on us' and the City fans. Sky selected it in the 5.30pm slot but the police vetoed that kick-off because of incidents surrounding the most recent games between the teams.

Hard to credit really that 10 years ago this was a game that they used to allow on Stephens Day/New Years Day as it was a low-key min-security encounter between two friendly sets of fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Thought he did fine, he's the Milner replacement in the squad and he's contributing to that level and more. Klopp still wants a long term young no.6 but we'll be waiting till next summer probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If Salah somehow gets another PL trophy, he's unequivocally in the all-time PL 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Andre rumours seem to be strong again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭giveitholly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Was at the game yesterday but heard some interesting comments from Kellehers friends. He isn't happy at the club, and some within the club are not happy with him either. They wouldn't elaborate any further than that but my own guess is that it might be related to him not moving clubs last summer.

Best foreign PL player in history is between him and Henry. If Salah sees out his contract he will surpass him, he's an all time great either way anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭jones

I'm not sure Kelleher is even a good keeper tbh. He's great with the ball at his feet, good in penalties and has good distribution but the old school core keeper stuff like shot stopping, 1:1, claiming crosses etc I don't see it.

He's grand as a number 2 but if Alison were to get injured we'd be in serious bother.

He'll never improve sitting on the bench, playing a few times a year, he's 25 needs to move on. The best goalkeeper in the world is ahead of him and he won't be losing that position anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Harsh on Kelleher but he's just not good is he. Wet tissue paper seems to have more resistance than him. Would probably prefer calamity Adrian if the nightmare scenario occurred and Alisson was crocked.

Another international break and the first 1/3 of the season is almost done. Its been a funny season, remember the bedlam in here during the Lavia/Caicedo gate, on top of the Hedno and Fab exits. We now have a situation where we win our next game we go top of Premier League (unlikey I know), also in a position where we can secure top of our ELG group with a game to spare and have cruised into the quarters of the League Cup with mainly our 2nd string out on the pitch. All achieved with the teething problems of a entirely new midfield along with some major injury and suspension problems. We still have a few issues to fix before we can truly compete with City again over a entire season, but I don't think anybody expected us to be in this position at this stage in the season.

In my opinion the main reasons we are where we are, VVD getting back to near his best, Virgil on form and on song just has such a massive influence on every line of the field. He exudes such confidence when he's on it that it naturally beams onto others, especially on Matip when he's beside him in such form. Szobo giving some much needed energy and legs to the middle, needless to say, we had zero of both in there last season! The front 5, but mainly Nunez and Salah, they seemed to be building a real understanding and seem to feed off each others energy, Salah is playing the best all round football of his Liverpool career in my opinion and Nunez is becoming our next most important attacker, his hold up play, link play, aggression and runs off the shoulder, he's just becoming an absolute nightmare for opposition defenders and its causing havoc up top. He's also pressing with much more efficiency this season.

Where we need work, an issue that goes back and forth but how we set up with Trent is still going to be an problem against the top sides, I really don't know how its going to work in 2 weeks against City, especially when he's up against Doku, I'm hoping to be surprised, but I'm not sure what to expect! Konate, I really like the guy, but he's becoming a walking sick note and that's not what you need at centre back, we already have a long term mission to replace VVD ahead of us, but I have my doubts that Konate will be the man to partner whoever that maybe. The No.6, maybe Klopp feels Bajectic really is the long term guy and Endo is the stop gap until he's fully ready, but unfortunately Bajectic is still not right from last season injury and we don't know what condition he's going to be in for the remainder of the year. I think Klopp's hand maybe forced come January and we get someone in, it would be a killer to be in contention on a fronts and get let down by not properly addressing that vital position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Andre is an out and out 6. He’s played 90 games at DM in the past two seasons.

I do reckon if he joined in January, we wouldn’t see much of him till April though - but if we’re interested, it’s better to start settling him in sooner rather than later.

He’s had some fantastic shot-stopping performances, but then in other games it seems like everything goes right through him.

The bulk of his playing time is the EL group stages, so I’d love to see him go out on loan in January. Just needs to play week in week out at this stage - get him into a championship club as a starter and then we can really see where he’s at. It’s also the best way to grow his value for a sale, presuming he does alright, since he’s too much of a question-mark for any higher level/higher fee buyer right now.

Are you sure he is an out and out 6? Look I haven't seen him play but reading up on him online and I was sure he played more the Thiago role that a holding 6. I must do a bit more research into him

• Advertisement

Anything I’ve seen of him has talked him up as a 6, and that’s where his stats profiles all put him (transfermarkt etc), and he was definitely a very defence-minded 6 in the Libertadores final (the only full game of his I’ve actually watched).

here’s a kinda interesting, quite detailed breakdown of the fella;

Just looking there a bit more and it looks like he played as a double pivot in front of the back four. If we do sign him in January I don't think we will see much of in the second half of the season. Between him finishing a long season at the end of this month and how long klopp takes to embed some players into the team,he won't play much imo. Especially a player coming straight from South America won't be up to the speed of the Premier league

They play similar to the way we do in midfield - a 6, an 8 beside them, and then a more attacking midfielder. With us, he’d be the 6, Mac would be the 8, and Szob would be the one with more attacking freedom.

I think that thing of taking time to be introduced applies to anyone that comes in tbh. I doubt we’ll see any change in our lineups until April at least. No defensive player except VVD has ever come straight into the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭brevity

There are also so rumours about Lucas Beraldo a 20 year old CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

Konate has always suffered quite a few injuries in his career thus far I believe. Hopefully he will grow out of it as he is still very young for a centre back. If he does it will be him and one other as our main centre backs when VVD is phased out of the team, if he doesn't Klopp will still probably keep him and it will be up to our next manager to make a decision on him longer term.

I just done a quick check on his stats, he last 40+ game season was the 18/19 season for Leipzig where he made 43 appearances in all competitions. The following season it was 11, year after that 21, then 29 and last season it was 24 in all competitions. Not great, but hopefully he can recover from this latest set back and give us a good run in the team...

13/2 for liverpool to win the league is a good bet EW , when we beat City in two weeks it will be a lot shorter

He's nearly too much of an athletic specimen for his own good - he's big and heavy and strong, but also very fast, so that's a lot of weight and momentum coming down on joints and muscles whenever he makes a burst of speed, or a quick change of direction or sudden stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

How did he play? I saw someone here mention that he was rubbish that day.

Era he was alright, the game was an absolute mess, so no-one stood out except the kid (John Kennedy) who came on and scored a cracker before getting sent straight back off again.

Fluminense seemed to be very systems based though, so I’d say he didn’t have a lot of freedom. His role seemed to just be filling gaps - rarely went out to challenge, he’d just back off and cover passing lanes and often dropped back in with the CBs. Very much looked like a specific role, so hard to fault him for following orders.

I agree but there's a bit of a game going on this time I feel, he's been rested to make sure he is absolutely fit for the game at the ethiad. He covers that right side for Trent so well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I thought that game was if a very low standard. From an athletic and pace point of view, it was full of ould lads, like Xavani and Marcelo to name 2,great players buy it lads to bust a gut any more for 90 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Hey guys, does anybody know how to join the dublin or south dublin supporters club?? I emailed South Dublin and they advised they are full and the waiting list is also full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

• Advertisement

The International break is a nice time to check in on this and see how the other teams around the top end of the table are doing. I had originally done this for the top 4 but Villa are pretty close in 5th and Newcastle are not going away just yet in terms of knocking on the door, so I included the top 7. There is 12 games gone, around 30% of the season so the league table is starting to even off a small bit more and might give a fairer look at ho each team stands out. This is who each team has played home & away.

In the last run of games, I said that we needed to take maximum points from our games (Everton, Forest, Brentford & Luton). It was close and those dropped points away at Luton are what are currently keeping Liverpool off top. It was a bad result and I still fear it might come back to haunt us at the end of the season. No other team in the top 7 has dropped points to the bottom 3 clubs. After the Man City games, there is 4 games that should be won again in a row. A chance to either kick on and gain some breathing space, or try claw back points depending on how that first game goes. Liverpool only have 1 bad result this season I think so it is important to win those 4 games after the Man City one. Win the games you should be winning.

Man City haven't actually beaten anyone in the top 5 yet, but do play 2nd, 4th & 5th next in a run of tricky games. So they will be keen change that stat and start taking point off of rivals. 2 of them are at home so they will fancy themselves but have a lovely run of 5 or 6 winnable games in a row after that so again Liverpool will want them dropping points in the immediate games after the break.

Arsenal are beating the teams they should be beating. Which is what you need for the top 4. It's their games against the other top 4/5/6 where they are hit and miss. Beat Man City but lose to Newcastle. Beat Man Utd but draw to Spurs. Drew with Chelsea. They have 5 games against the top 12 teams but only 8 points to show for it. Which means the majority of their points are against the bottom clubs. They'll need to do better against the top half clubs, and have played more home than away games too.

Spurs have their own injury/suspension problems now and given that they have struggled against some top / mid table sides, their immediate upcoming fixtures (Villa, Man City, West Ham, Newcastle) could end up being season defining. Are they going to tail off with this run, or take points off of rivals and kick on again with momentum. As Liverpool fans, we'd be hoping for a few draws in there.

Newcastle are having a hit & miss season with some somewhat unexpected wins, but some really unexpected losses also. Only Newcastle have lost to bottom 5 club, in Bournemouth in the recent round. That could actually be significant for them too as the bottom clubs do seem to be a level below this year, but they have some injury issues so it is not exactly a massive shock and is somewhat explainable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

lads for getting tickets to a game at anfield. whats the best option without getting fleeced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Looking for this too. Let me know when you find out.

For a match at this time of the year hospitality, touts and travel agents are your only options. You need to be a member since August to transfer 'normal' tickets.

For 2024 onwards, become a member (€30 per person) and enter the ballot and hope that one comes up. Still waiting on that registration date, it was due in October/November time but the Anfield road stand is putting that on pause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

if you are a member but not having any luck with the ballots are there any other avenues open for buying from season ticket holders etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Always tickets floating about on match day but the chances are you'll pay a big wedge of cash and end up scalped anyway. Depends how willing you are to take a chance. Often heading to one of the local pubs around Anfield you'll fall into conversation with someone genuine who has a spare for the day. That's possibly your best bet. Taking a bigger chance when you hear someone loudly offering a ticket on the street outside. Personally I wouldn't head over without a ticket but I know lots who've taken the chance and got in.

if you are on another members friends & family list, before a certain date, then they can transfer the tickets to you. That credit would then transfer to your account from theirs so you'd need to have someone who is above a certain threshold and willing to give up that credit etc.

I don't think season ticket holders lose a credit, so there is scope there, and is a bug bear with many members.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Just the 4 goals for Mo against the mighty Djibouti

I see all our South American lads are playing each other today - Mac Allister playing Nunez, and Alisson playing Diaz, all at midnight irish time.

That could have been nasty, thankfully Salah was loose and fast, I'm all for 100% commitment , but sometimes you need to be a Gazelle out there

Diaz got 2 more big headers to take Colombia from 0-1 down to a 2-1 win over Brazil, and Nunez got Uruguay's second in their 0-2 win over Argentina.

Some incredible few days for Diaz! Big huge hugs with Alisson after the game too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Absolute joke the lads have to be back for a match tomorrow

Ridiculous. How are FIFA allowing Thursday matches in the international window? That's taking the piss

If they'd played an EL match in Anfield they wouldn't be allowed to play Saturday, but it's ok if it's multiple timezones and hours on a plane away?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

we're playing city on the 25th though

Yeah, seems my brain is particularly asleep this morning 🤣

I blame Vicxas 😝

• Advertisement
Advertisement