Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Wow...that was so poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Mr Disco

Ok. Liverpool were hopeless and have blown any shot at the premiership

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

What an absolutely dreadful game, with abysmal performances from so many of our players. Nothing positive to say at all, other than we're lucky Utd don't have the self belief to have had more of a go towards the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Awful awful performance. As poor a united side I can remember there for the taking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

A disappointing one, just not good enough or focused enough today.

For worse and better, all my feelings about the weekend ended up coming true.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Disappointing with the draw but not surprised in these games especially when going in as strong favorites. Was never going to be a rout like some were expecting here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Not good enough in final third. Nunez is a good sub, no more. Can’t remember the last game he’s influenced from the start. Similarly Diaz. Still, a point off the top is good almost half way in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Probably a bit over the top. Utd just wanted a point and will be delighted with it, not too much wrong with our team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭cmac2009

We've been woeful for a while now, and have been bailed out by wonder strikes and moments of individual brilliance. That doesn't go on for ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dont Be at It

Deleted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭giveitholly

That result has been coming in fairness,don't know why anyone is surprised,we have been very poor the last month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I’m not convinced by a number of options in the team and whether they have long term futures at the club.

• Administrators Posts: 54,130 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Diaz, Nunez, Szozboslai, Gravenberch, Salah were all absolute dross.

Diaz especially is starting to really frustrate me. He offered absolutely nothing today.

Nunez runs around a lot but that’s about.

Szozboslai couldn’t pass water today.

Huge opportunity missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Forgettable performance, Endo was our best player today.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Very poor.

I'm going to hold back the rest of what i was gong to say until tomorrow and see if i feel any different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,967 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

We're a point off top nearly halfway through the season.

We were bad today and have been at other points this season but genuinely what enjoyment do you get from football if this is your attitude? We're a point off top with 63 left to play for and it's all over already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,512 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Diaz refuses to play simple balls sometimes and prefers to dribble the long way around.

Can't wait until Jota is back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Rubbish game as mentioned United were never going to come and go toe to toe,Liverpool have to be disappointed we created very little all game but it is what it is now on too next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Alonso77

People need to seriously relax, this game will be well forgotten if we beat arsenal and Arsenal are not going to be as rigid as Utd tried to be today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

We were very poor. Awful performance. The quality on the ball was embarrassing for a big home game to go top.

Crowd were also awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

You will probably feel worse

But at least ETH will be there for another while 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭505_

The worst Utd team to come to Anfield in the premier league era? An ancient Johnny Evans at the back. That could be a disastrous result at the end of the season. Fair play endo probably only performer who comes away with any credit. I’d love if someone would come in for Nunez. Don’t think we’ll ever get that money back though. Headcase as well as an awful finisher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,512 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yeah let's be realistic, I'm not sure I fully believe even before the game but Arsenal at home to probably go top? You'd have to take it. We are really going to have to up it though.

Ya next week if they score they will be flavor of the month. Liverpool/United and Liverpool/Everton form goes out the window

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Dreadful stuff. It doesn't bode well for the season.

Endo was our best player.

I have lost patience with Diaz. I don't know what he brings to the team. He's been awful this season.

Gravenberch was poor again. Can't remember when he played well.

WTF has happened to Szoboszlai.

Time for us to get 100 million for Salah this summer from the Saudi's.

Nunez was dreadful.

Gakpo so hit and miss.

Klopp has to sort this out. Change the system slightly because it's not working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Szobozlai and Gravenberch offered nothing from midfield. Szobozlai couldn't pass 5 meters and a deep sitting team doesn't suit how Gravenberch plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That's as bad a draw as you'll see. Absolutely appalling, and I won't hear any argument that 'these things happen'.

Utd are awful. They were awful up to today, and make no mistake, they were awful today. That result is about us, not them.

Lads with free headers. Lads shooting rather than building the attack. Lads getting offside for no reason other than laziness. Lads not working with each other.

Utd did nothing special. If they want to believe they did, that's their issue. But that was an incredibly bad performance, and might be showing where we are actually at.

More embarrassing than City's draw yesterday.

I never thought it'd be easy. I told everyone who said we'd slap them that it just won't happen. But I thought itd simply be because Utd would stay tight, and we'd eventually make our way through.

No, we absolutely bottled that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dont Be at It

Klopp's inability to come up with a proper plan against good, deep lying teams is a persistent weakness.

I still think top 2 or 3 will be a fantastic year after last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Alonso77

This is an absolute myth about klopp and breaking down deep lying teams

I think that’s the most frustrating thing.

It wasn’t a united defensive master class. Liverpool just didn’t turn up.

Cant even use the Europe or internationals excuse this week.

Ask fans of almost any top team in world football and they'll tell you that their team uniquely struggles against low block defences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Alisson didn't do much wrong. He stopped any chances they had. Himself and Endo were our only positives.

Ya that is something he was ever bad with they need to score early in those games or its a draw or we lose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Augme

5 points clear of 5th and United didn't narrow the gap either at least. Big game against Arsenal, a defeat will really narrow the gap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Missing Jota big time. The rest of the attack are all playing poorly with a few games now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Feels like maybe Diaz is maybe having a bit of an emotional crash after everything that happened with his Dad. In the midst of it all, and the immediate aftermath, he was actually flying, as if all the emotion was fuelling him. But sometimes those sorts of events/traumas are worse after they've had time to settle in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

10 games without a goal now for Darwin. Diaz and Gakpo both up and down and not really getting many goals either. If Mo has an off day it’s a big problem. Jota has his faults but we miss his goal poaching ability when he’s not available.

On the plus side Virgil brilliant again.

I'm honestly not too bothered with the "system" today, hard to gauge how much it was at fault when everyone just wanted to shoot from 25 yards out every time we got forward. Imo this was almost entirely on bad decision making and execution from the forwards. We all saw how many times someone took an ill-advised shot when there was a pass on that would've led to a better chance.

• Advertisement

Ya Diaz may need an extended time off. I you say he is still all over the place of the trauma of what happened to his parents. Any person would't be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Nunez didn't even miss his usual hatful of chances today

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Such a poor performance. We didn'y deserve anymore than a point. United were as bad as we thought they'd be but half of our tean were absolutely brutal.

Barely worth mentioning but Van Dijk didn't put a foot wrong either imo

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭505_

Allison and vvd grand but think anyone saying brilliant is getting carried away. They weren’t up against any threat. Did anybody watch Utd against Bayern they are brutal going forward this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Is it wrong I'm now weirdly confident we're going to smash arsenal next week.

VVD and Alison probably saved us from a united smash and grab tbh.

They had better chances to score than we had.

Careful, that comment's enough to have everyone blaming you if we don't win now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

That performance was forecast by myself and a few other during the week.

Anyone that has actually watched us the last month, it was all very familiar. Ponderous, sloppy and just no pace to anything we do...

We are quickly dropping back into the average side we watched for most of last season. The impact of the new signings has well and truly faded. We need to pull the finger out, and fast!

• Advertisement

They showed more composure in the final third.

That string of 2-3 passes for Hojlund's chance was better than anything we put together, if that was up the other end there'd be one pass and then a speculative shot from outside the box.

Advertisement