Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,111 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Robertson.

I know it was 'only' Burnley the last day, but there was a clear and obvious switch of play that was on so often. With Elliot playing basically RM and then having Salah staying wide with Trent underlapping, along with Burnley players double marking some of these Liverpool players, there was a lot of bodies primarily on that side of the pitch. Henderson also seems to favour moving to that side of the pitch.

Below is a map of Tsimikas' passes in that Burnley game. There was a lot in the attacking third, and close to the box. Maybe it's a deliberate ploy to get the full backs closer to the box, but I think that the doubling up on one side with Keita (or possibly Thiago or Keita against Chelsea) in order to create space on the opposite flank for an on-rushing player is definitely done on purpose. I would rather Robbo in that scenario. He has the final ball. I'm not saying Tsimikas doesn't, but we have a lot more evidence of Robbo doing it consistently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

He definitely has a thing for Real alright... but as time goes on, the question will be asked 'are Real still Real?'. In the same way that we'd always have said Barca were the absolute pinnacle... well, maybe they're not anymore. I think Real would still be in pole position for him next summer if they do alright this year, but if they have a particularly bad one - which is not that big a thing to predict - they could start to look less glossy. They've already lost one of the biggest draws for him, which was working with Zidane. So if Mbappe looks at them in a year and sees a massive rebuild needed (team aging out all over the place), he might turn his attentions elsewhere with every big club in the world offering contracts. So I totally understand Real trying to force the issue right now while they're the only bidder.

There is a distinction in the PSG V City thing too, in that PSG are in a league where he knows he's going largely unwatched globally outside of their handful of CL games a year. He's also won Ligue 1 four times already, and he's only 22! Being in the premier league means being in the most watched league in the world, week in week out, and being tested in a way that he's just currently not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I don't think they are. I think a full season with no proper striker will absolutely harm their chances, unless Jesus can step up to the plate.

Kane, for me, would have a massive impact on their team though. Immediately make them strong favourites to win the league, whereas at the moment I think they're the weakest (relatively) that they've been in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This would be a nice draw tomorrow.

Lille

Liverpool

Benfica

Malmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I think Tsimakas may well have a final ball as good as if not better then Robbo i also think he has a better shot than Robbo

But i'd still go Robbo on Saturday he is stronger defensively , more aggressive in the tackle & most importantly has a better engine with more speed,

I think your bang on that Chelsea will look to exploit us high up the pitch on the wings so Robbo is vital

Cameroon asked Matip to come out of retirement and he turned them down,

He gave up winning the last AFCON and a chance to win this one got to admire his stance.

I wonder if he regrets choosing Cameroon over Germany. Seems like it was a choice done in honour of his Dad maybe moreso than for himself. Internationally retired by 24 is mad for a guy of his quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Goes to show how your international team affects how others perceive you. We all love him but other fans don't care about him. If he played for Germany he'd be world renowned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

If he played for Germany he'd have a tournament every 2 years.

He misses enough games already without his body getting less summer breaks to recover.

I get your point tho, look at Grealish. Changing international allegiances turned him from a 45/50m pound player into a 100m pound player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,491 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Away to Norwich in the Pepsi Cola Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,204 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Away to Norwich in Round 3 of League Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Is the champions league draw on tomorrow and if it is what time?

Not so bad, a long enough trek though.

Paper talk of Keita only playing our first two games as to shop him around, that Liverpool are looking for a bid this week. Would hate to lose him, but then we never really had him in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Man City v Wycombe

Just give them the bleeding cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Do u honestly think Klopp would play Kieta just to put him on the shop window? In that case Karius,Philipps and Origi should of started both games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Make your group, draw is tomorrow tea time so expect it to last 2 hours

Pot 1

Villarreal (ESP), Bayern (GER). Atlético de Madrid (ESP). Inter Milan (ITA), Sporting CP (POR), LOSC Lille (FRA)

Pot 3

Porto (POR), Ajax (NED), FC Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR), RB Leipzig (GER), FC Salzburg (AUT), SL Benfica (POR), Atalanta (ITA), Zenit (RUS)

Pot 4

Beşiktaş (TUR), Dynamo Kyiv (UKR), Club Brugge (BEL), BSC Young Boys (SUI), AC Milan (ITA), Malmö FF (SWE), Wolfsburg (GER), FC Sheriff Tiraspol (MDA)

Hope it's not that bad in reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

It couldn't be. Your draw has Man City against 2 relatively capable teams (on their day). That simply won't happen.

City trying to get Ronaldo and Chelsea apparently close to signing Kounde for 50m.

No thanks to both of those. Jesus. Serious signings for both teams if they go through.

Also, Pep supposedly is leaving City in 2023 when his contract expires. Ambition is to go to a National team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Pep in charge of a national team without financial scenarios would be interesting.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I actully think both singing's won;t work ,

Kounde is to small to be a Prem CB ,

Ronaldo ego with Pep's ego nah its not working , Does Ronaldo fit City style i don't think so , Sergio didnlt fit Pep's plan i don't think Ronaldo will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

No better test of his managerial ability than the Irish national team job. He's won titles with billion pound squads, now let's see him try it with Robbie Brady and Shane Long.

He's the same height, if not taller, than Azpilicueta. He'll be great in a back 5 for them.

Wouldn't bet against Pep finding out how to utilise one of the best players of all time.

I see Ocampos has been linked and now his Wife has changed her Instagram bio to YNWA not sure if there's anything in that,

He's 27 so probably to old reckon we need a young forward,

Worth a look though as she is in extremely good shape herself ,

Linked with Japanese/German striker Mii Nee Hertz

His injury record is atrocious though.

The club seem to be hovering up a lot of the best young English talent another highly rated 16 year they signed today from Newcastle.

Can't see Ronaldo going against the wishes of millions of United fans to join a minnow like City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Even if that was remotely close to a Japanese name it wouldn't be funny

I thought we'd get at least one more in, feels a bit of a let down

I wonder will Thiago come into the team this weekend, thought he done really well at the end of last season but Keita been fantastic in the 2 opening games,

Id love to see Fab, Hendo, Keita the weekend ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I can, it's all about the 💲💸 and I'm sure playing under Pep is an attractive proposition, he knows United aren't what they used to be....

Hopefully a bit of this on Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Been quite amusing seeing them all lose their minds on social media today as they realise he doesn't care a jot about them.

Why would he care about Man U since by his own words he was held as a slave there something a lot of there fans forget he said when he forced his way out of the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I like the look of group G already.

Atletico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Bad start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,204 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Only team in Pot 1 I wanted to avoid

Porto from Pot 3

Porto

• Advertisement

Stops us meeting again till late in the knockouts at least…

Porto is tough enough as a third team..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I don't mind Porto. And a relatively short trip. Could have been Shakhtar or Zenit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Sure, we lost against Atletico in the first leg, but we did beat them in the 2nd leg in 90 minutes. Nothing to worry about really. Yes they will be tough, but rather test ourselves than have an easy group then come up against a tough team in the knockouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Wow she's incredible. Def suspicions that she changed her insta to YNWA.

Group B

Atlético de Madrid (ESP)

Liverpool (ENG)

Porto (POR)

AC Milan (ITA)

Christ that’s tough!

Milan :-/

definite group of death.

Group A is tasty too, though they’re likely to get an easier 4th team.

edit - yup, Brugge for A, so that’s definitely ours as the G.o.D.

• Advertisement

That's a tough fcuking draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Very tough, why was it Milan could only go into group A or B?

I presume between country protection, and tv rights with other Italian clubs making them only able to play on one of the two nights.

Because they were paired with Atalanta who were in United's group so other side of the draw, UEFA pair teams up for TV viewers, was the same way I was able to say Liverpool were getting Porto before it happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

No significant travel which is a good thing. Well capable of winning the 3 home games - just a matter of picking up a couple of points away then.

That Lille group wouldn’t look out of place in the Europa Conference.

• Advertisement
Advertisement