Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,524 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Really feels like we are building serious momentum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Fair play to whoever chose to sign Diogo Jota because his numbers aren't great before we signed him.

What a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

The full back line played incredible today. Trent is back to his best with his passing. What a performance by Quansah. He looks like a rolls Royce of a player. I have no hesitation him starting a premier league game. Despite a bit of a shaky start, Gomez did an incredible job marking Saka all game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,977 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I was terrified when Quansah went down with that non contact injury, glad he looks to be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,149 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Thought Konate & Trent were great.

Jones put a shift in and Diaz worked hard too. Not the best performance but a willing trier, in the right areas , and scored his goal. Gomez quietly very solid again. Jota a brilliant impact off of the bench again.

Klopp's subs though. He has them kids bouncing tonight and the energy they thought were great. They didn't seem like they were kids playing. The confidence they will get from that now.

I'm bouncing myself! 😂 Surely deserve a nice soft home draw next round now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,518 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Grav has been atrocious.

Definite improvement today but not the most noticeable when compared to Konate, Quansah and Jota.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Is VVD injured of just night off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭giveitholly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Masterful scouting. I liked him at wolves but never thought he could become what he has. Injuries only thing holding him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭Talisman

He was reported to have an illness and didn't travel with the team as a precaution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Imagine they went with flavour of the month Traore instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Tommysocks11

Great win, positives were konate and quansah, Joe did well on saka too, trent lovely passer but got skinned by martinelli a few times, Bradley showed how to defend as a full back, Jones good and grav when he came on, jota is class and best by far next to Salah, Diaz took goal well but was poor too, gakpo is too timid for his size, he should study jota and see how tough and aggressive he is and copy his style, nothing against nunez but I've given up, missed the target from 6 yards after jotas header off the post, he helped out well defending set pieces but offensively he is not good

A nice draw at home would be nice, oh wait, only City get those .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,407 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Heres Nunez and Ibou beating the head off the fan. Then Ibou pegs his hat away 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,614 ✭✭✭eigrod

Really deserve a handy home 4th round draw. We’ve had some really difficult draws over the last 3/4 years.

Won that without:

Matip

Van Dijk

Robertson

Tsimikas

Szoboszlai

Endo

Bajetic

Salah

Thiago

Impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Hasn't been atrocious at all. Hasn't made much impact, but there have been several good cameos, including today.

He hasn't been fit, that's clear, and he has only an hour at most in him whick is strange, but he hasn't played much high level stuff for a few years and it's showing. There is clearly talent there, he's trying hard, so let's give him a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Been far better than I expected, happy out with some performances but he has been hot and cold,I think he might be a player who takes a lot of management, after a good performance gets lazy etc, but overall a good signing so far, honestly the club didn't put a foot wrong in the transfer market in the summer, some of it might have been due to good fortune rather than design but unreal in a difficult market, especially some of sales...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

“Trying hard “ for one that’s a given let’s call a spade a spade he’s been poor that Utd cameo was maybe the worst Liverpool performance since lovren

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭atilladehun

He strikes me if one of those early developers when everyone treats them like adults when they should be still thought of as a child.

He was clearly super talented early but compared to Jones he's miles behind understanding the game. Give Klopp shove time to coach him and we'll see him get better and better. Probably going to take 2 solid years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Only heard the last 10 minutes on the radio as I was at a funeral but reading the last few pages here it seems it was a masterclass from Klopp with his subs.

Shearer was full of praise for the young lads from what I hear as well.

Yes, compared to Jones this season he's way behind. Compared to Jones 12 or 18 months ago, he's not. He has plenty of talent, has plenty of work and improvement to make for sure, but he's been catapulted into the Pool just 4 months ago. He has lots of ground to make up, but he has a very high talent ceiling and he can contribute as he improves.

There is nothing to be achieved I think from writing him off T this stage.

He has actively hurt us with his last 2 or 3 cameos.

Really poor passes, not getting stuck in, nearly costing us dear.

The "give him a break" bit is a it preachy. He's been really bad so I've said he's been really bad.

I have t asked for him to be shot

Joe Gomez is in contention for our player of the season. Really impressive wherever he’s playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

That whole game reminded me of a similar early round FA Cup fixture about 20 years ago at Elland Road. Leeds were flying high at the time but two late Liverpool goals late on settled the tie - Heskey got the 2nd in injury time with an almost exact replica of Dias' finish. Loverly.

Happy LFC got through, of course, but happier that there won't be a replay tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

When is the draw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Jaysus, we just take Trent for granted these days. What a player.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Before Wigan v Man Utd tomorrow evening. Around 7.45pm I expect.

Gravenberch hasn't been brilliant, but he hasn't been really bad either, nor has he really hurt us. He'll be fine longterm, it's a matter of identifying a role for him and getting him fit enough to fill it. He's been bounced around in several positions with us, and it was thale same at Bayern. He is only 21,so we can either undermine everything he does or trust Klopp and the coaches to help him develop.

He did well today, plenty of energy L, and along with the others he more than played his part.

When is the draw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,509 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Before the United match tomorrow night, about 7:50pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Mo missed a peno in Egypt’s friendly today - he lashed it against the crossbar. The keeper had dived the right way and the ball came off the bar and hit the keeper on the back and rebounded into the net! Salah did have a sublime assist for Egypt’s first (they beat Tanzania 2-0)

He's been great the last couple months, especially considering it was a period of a lot of games in a heavy schedule. Coupled with a lack of bodies at the back and less rotation options, he has really stepped up.

It's mad though, as it's hard to know where you would put him a 'Liverpool team of the year' as he hasn't had a position for himself yet, more covering in all 3 areas.

10 academy players in the squad today.

Trent, Quansah, Jones starting.

Clark, Bradley on as subs.

Kelleher, Nyoni, Gordon, McConnell Chambers also there.

Elliott also played about 20 games for the academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

I went to check how Fulham got on & found they played Friday evening at home to the Rotherham who are bottom of the championship, won 1-0 & rested the likes of Leno, Willian, Robinson, Palhinha, Jimenez etc.

Their freshness Vs our rhythm Wednesday night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

They will also have the weekend off before the 2nd leg as they play this weekend coming on the staggered winter break while Liverpool play the following weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭Augme

Great win. Somewhat fortunate in the first half not to concede but much improved in the second. Two huge games against Fulham now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭chicorytip

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,136 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The ref was excellent today too. It was good to watch a game with players allowed to make physical contact without it automatically being a free kick.

Players going down easy was waved on, no buying of free kicks. A much better spectacle.

Id say in the league the free kick count would have been double today.

You might watch his Arsenal and Utd cameos again, we are quite fortunate some of his misplaced passes and possession losses didn't come back to bite us.

Maybe he'll be fine long term but that's a separate point, he has been very poor until today imo though.

I hope we won't be here in year's time hoping for progress long-term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Hes had a few bad games, which followed a few good games earlier in the season (particularly great against Toulouse and Union). Grand today. As a lad clearly bought for the longer term im quite happy with him.

Salah got a hair cut, after the mocking he got online after the Newcastle game, where he got compared to Krusty The Clown Not sure why he ain't on drug for his hair, clearly thinning on crown, and temples have receded badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭dogbert27

How much would we get for Toby in the current market? 😃

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,565 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Loved the bit just after this, were Konate comes and is effusive in his praise fir Bradley. Brilliant player Kinate but I think he’d be a great captain too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭McFly85

Caught the game in a pub with a mate I hadn’t seen in a while, and I remembered the last time I watched us play Arsenal in the FA Cup with him was another game where Arsenal created a boatload of chances but still lost, the 2001 FA Cup Final.

So I guess what I’m trying to say is, you’re welcome😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Is a cb is the no. 1 priority? I think we have enough cover at full back now with gomez back to his best this season on both flanks(didn't think I'd be saying that for this position for him)

Would Bradley be able to fill in for Trent while Gomez is lb? Looked good in his cameo and i see he has a few caps for N Ireland where I'm nearly sure he played very well in a few of these as I remember reading a couple of reports.

Also think a striker is a priority, hope I'm wrong but can't see Nunez ever being a top class finisher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭klose

We have 4 fit centre backs including Gomez, not a hope we are actively looking at a player in that position, even when Matip assembly leaves this summer Quansah looks quite the player, to sign somebody else would be silly IMO. We all wanted a back up for Trent at RB but if Gomez keeps playing this well what’s the points in that also? He’s looking fantastic this season.

I personally feel Klopp is giving Nunez the full season giving him as much game as possible and they can review it in the summer, he’s not doing enough goal wise yet we seem a poorer team as a unit when he’s on the bench. Think his best game was him and Gakpo rotating between LW and CF against west game in the cup. Klopp could tell Nunez maybe he should move on and Nunez won’t be able to turn around and say he didn’t get a fair crack at it this season.

• Advertisement
Advertisement