Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

The champions League group stage will still be going in January next year so I'm sure they won't want it clashing with the Afcon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is that the AFCON that only uses African based players? I could be wrong but I'd swear that there was one of them on a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,510 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Not sure if that was for me, but no - the potential clash with the club worlds is this version of AFCON...

Now you mention it, I feel like I remember there being a tournament for domestic based players too, but I quickly googled it and don't see anything...

EDIT, this is it, also biennial!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭Talisman

Rhys Williams is off to Port Vale for the remainder of the season. Hopefully he gets some game time there because the earlier loan move to Aberdeen was a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Ballot delayed for another week

madness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,226 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Anyone successful for Chelsea game only getting a week's notice to arrange travel/time off work etc. Its not right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Are they unsure how much of the stadium will be available, must be getting close to opening more?

Not sure exactly but it makes organising a trip a nightmare and expensive.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,407 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Two games that VAR have cost us points and it could have been worse only for we came back when we had sending offs go against us like Mac Allister.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

The LiVARpool jokes are beginning to get ironic at this point...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Joyce: Jordan Henderson scheduled to leave Al-Ettifaq training camp and return to England to consider options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Enzokk

The Premier League confirmed there is a date for the City charges, although when that is no-one knows. But the cases are infinitely different so trying to compare the 2 and make that the story by anyone is silly and meant to undermine what the Premier League is trying to achieve with the P/S rules (know you are not doing it but others fans are and not surprisingly journalists are doing the same).

The uproar from fans and especially Everton (fans, journalists and supporter groups) on getting the first penalty and then being charged again is weird to me. They did not follow the rules, they got punished. I don't know if 10 points is too harsh or not harsh enough because they are the first team to be punished, but to try and use that as some sort of get out clause or something that means they need to get a lesser penalty is not right either. They have now been charged a second time for the same breach but different years and this is not just because of their stadium. They had a net spend between 17/18 and 20/21 of 252m euro according to Transfermarkt. Since then they have been trying to claw some of that back and have been selling more than they have been buying, hence the crappy squad. Their owners and managers/DOF have bought drivel that they have not been able to recoup their money on and have not provided a return on the field. That is why they are in trouble. This is not rock science.

Our net spend in that same time period was 159m and we earn lots more than Everton. Remember the meltdown because we only bought Minamino in 19/20? That was to keep the books in line, not because we didn't have ambition. Reality of modern football but due not spending on anyone in that time we have been able to spend more in the intervening years coupled with more revenue coming in. This is not corruption from the Premier League, it just is what the rules are to try and have some level playing field. Spend what you earn. Nobody wants salary caps or spending caps so this is the next best option. This is not a conspiracy from Liverpool, United and Madrid to keep the shop closed as City and PSG have come in and barged down that door so it has not worked. Sorry, just frustrates me to see people being upset Everton was charged and may be docked points again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,407 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Autumn 2024 for the trial looking at some of the stuff floating around on twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Managed to sort all Saudis issues in six months, what a hero 🙄

Ah yeah, I know the cases are chalk and cheese, I was just talking about the optics. Not saying it's right that people are comparing them, but it's inevitable (and was very foreseeable)

I guess Everton's complaint about the "double charge" is that they've come in quick succession. Again, I understand why they have. It's that the first charge was later than ideal and it's right that they're trying to accelerate these checks so that they can be resolved in the correct season, ideally. But it must be hard to accept as a blue to be stung twice in a few months for what feels like the same sort of thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

They're all wearing rainbow laces and speaking a Geordie/Scouse hybrid in Riyadh now. Good job Jordan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,978 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Strange that Hendo wants out, only 2 months ago he was saying how he can't wait for Saudi to host the World Cup totally of his own volition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

It says a lot about the window when the most talked about transfer is is a free transfer from Saudi arabia to Holland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

What a clown Henderson is, could of seen out the last 2 years of a great contract, preserve his legacy at the club and be part of Liverpool 2.0.

He would of seen plenty of game time still for a 33 year old.

Ben Jacobs said he actually owes the Saudi club money. HAHAHA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I hope Henderson gets booed out of every ground.

Arrogant hypocrite of the highest order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

There's a hypocrite in every one of us at some stage or another.

Henderson did what multi-millionaires do, he went for more millions.

We got a few euro for him and didn't have to put up with him taking minutes off the new/young players.

If he didn't go, we wouldn't be where we are in the table. Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

I've no issue with hendo wanting out,he should never have gone in the first place mind but he's not the only player to struggle out there,Bobby isn't having a great time either apparently and I'd be expecting him to leave soon enough too,I'd take them both back in a heartbeat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

This is a crazy statement to make about a great liverpool captain,I certainly wouldn't be booing him anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Goodness no. We've moved on and certainly don't need Henderson back in our current midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭The Moist Buddha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Take henderson back? Did you watch Liverpool last season. The amount of times he lost possession or misplaced passes was endless. He was finished last season and now after he heading out to Saudi for 6 months you want bring him back to do what exactly? I wouldn't bring him back to make the tea.

We were all complaining last season about an ageing squad and now klopp is addressing it,although a season too late,but that's another debate. Henderson made is bed so he can lie in it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Now Salah will never go hopefully. He's too good and fit to waste this part of his career outside Europe.

Both back in a heartbeat? To what, play at the academy?

Absolutely.

Grown up men booing at games is sad as **** tbh. Each to their own!

I like to judge Liverpool players on what they do on the pitch.

Suarez did far worse than Henderson, yet a lot of the lads whining about Henderson probably lauded him. Classic case of choosing what to get offended about. Everyone right of course.

Enjoy what they gave us on the pitch. That's what I'll remember.

one of the major reasons he was a great Liverpool captain, with all due respect, has been shown to be a complete lie.

on the pitch, he was possibly one of the best midfielders in the league for about 18 months, but every social commentary that came out of his mouth (and remember social issues are a massive thing for Liverpool) has been shown to be nonsense. he doesn't really give a toss. you don't give a toss about the issues that he said he cared about, only to sell out in order to add to your wealth, which is already generational, and wealth that he nor his grandchildren will ever be able to spend. he sold his morals for a truck of money that he didn't need under the guise of 'doing it for my family'.

yes, we're all hypocritical about something. but there are levels. not all hypocrisy is equal.

Bristol Rovers (11th in League One) have just taken the lead against Norwich (11th in the Championship) in the replay to see who comes to Anfield next weekend

25mins gone

He was a great Liverpool captain for what he done on the pitch. Not for any moral side dish he was getting involved in.

Who gives a **** about his morals. That's his business. Btw, I think he was foolish but again that's his problem.

Anyone holding a footballer up as a moral leader probably needs to take a long look at themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭Damien360

Lots of footballers dont take any moral high ground, keep the head down and rock on. In fact the vast majority of Liverpool players and most of the PL exactly that. Henderson did the opposite and made a name for himself doing so. He built a profile on the back of it. He then trashed that when he went to cash in for retirement. So he can be called out on that.

As for football, you can't take that legacy away from him, but I definitely don't want him back simply because he is no longer good enough, nothing to do with his morals or lack thereof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Henderson made his bed, I really don't care what happens him given the way he left.

He was club captain, did a decent job as captain too, but as captain he had more responsibility than other players. He 'took the soup', basically said fvck ye to the club late in the window, I'm off for the money, and ye're on your own. I don't personally care where he went. Just happened to be a cvntish regime that sh1ts on its own people and several minorities, but that's on him. It was a disastrous move all around, whoever is advising him should be ran.

To me, he burnt his bridges and ruined his legacy, fvck him as far as I concerned, and I don't even want him to be a topic of discussion. Bobby is different, he was up front and honest, he saw out Hai contract and I'd imagine would be more welcome around the club.

• Advertisement

not one person holds him up as a moral pariah. he held himself up as one - that's the thing. i'm allowed to judge him as such.

Your last paragraph is on the money. I'd say everyone will agree with that.

Are you saying he burnt his bridges because he he left with time left on his contract? Or because of his morals?

He didn't ruin his legacy with the club by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I honestly didn’t know (or care) about whatever social issues he was or wasn’t involved in (just like I don’t know or care about what current players are involved in). I only heard about Hendo’s involvement when the move came about and there was a lot of exaggeration about how important he was to such causes!

He’s taking Saudi dollars, as is every single Newcastle player, every golfer who plays in big money Saudi events (which is more than just LIV golfers) and every F1 driver who participates in the Saudi Grand Prix. Hendo is as bad as, but no worse than, any of them. And it doesn’t lessen the charity or social work that any such sportsperson participates in. If they are hypocrites, let them work away.

As for coming back to LFC as a player, no thanks. But if he came back as an opponent, I would applaud him when he entered or exited the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

For me, yes.

He was club captain, had been given a big contract, had in many ways been Mr Liverpool, and then said 'no fvck it, I'm off '......regardless of where he went that was poor form in my opinion. If he had notions of moving on, he should have been honest about it. In today's terms, we got SFA for him, was it something like 7 million, you wouldn't buy a reserve full back for that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted he left, it forced us to rebuild but we had to panic to get in bodies in a couple of weeks rather than doing it in a planned manner. We reacted well and ended up with a better team, but we were put into a corner by Henderson and his greedy behavior.

Absolutely you can.

He can also be judged by what he did for Liverpool as captain.

• Advertisement

I was pissed off he left, but only because we were so short of midfielders.

We rebuilt and it's worked out well for us. He was on huge money too so it was a big saving for the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I would have kept Henderson in the summer. I, like Klopp, thought he had a squad role to play as both a player and a leader of a new young team. Squad player being the key point here. I think he would have a good bit to offer as a 30 mins bench, and cup player option. He certainly would be useful now while all the midfielders are injured. We saw a tired Henderson a lot last year, one who was rubbing on fumes. When not starting 2 or 3 games every week, I have faith that he would up his levels again, like other players in the squad have done this season with rejuvenated energy around them

Would I take him back now? Absolutely not. The line has been drawn, and crossed, to the point of no return. Henderson drew the line himself and exited the club in the utmost disgraceful way a club captain can do.

Well, that didn't last!

Norwich it is. 3-1 up and heading into injury time. I wonder could we get Suarez on a short-term loan for that match 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭giveitholly

No sign of Szobo training today so he will hardly make Sundays game

• Advertisement
Advertisement