Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

That'll do pig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭SM01

Good for Gapko. If Jota is out a while we want all our strikers confident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,982 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Diaz misses the touch and passes it right to a Brentford defender...still gets himself an assist! They all count.

If Nunez is out too this is our front 3 for the foreseeable future. Maybe a consistent run of the same 3 will help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

Very convincing performance from us from start to finish imo. Was very eager to see how we handled things after conceding and we handled it brilliantly just calming things down and retaining possession culminating in the 4th. And all without Zsobo, Ali and Trent and losing jones and Jota early. Very impressive stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭ratracer

It’s coming home, it’s coming home…….#doubterstobelievers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,515 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Let Joe take it for the craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,410 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Great win really given the circumstances. Get the prayer mats out for the injuries now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,778 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Top save Kelleher

• Advertisement

Are we though? We couldve easily had 2 pens ourselves in this game with the Jota and Diaz fouls in the box. Sure one or two decisions have gone our way in the last game or two but that's not to say we haven't kept consistently not getting decisions in our favour. The Jota one was shocking imo and yet it'll just be glossed over like players manhandling Salah for 90 minutes each game is.

Another 12:30 kick off on the road, another resounding win. Add in 2-3 injuries forcing early subs and that's a really impressive victory.

17 fouls to 4 here, and we've had the majority of the ball.

And a +3 in the goal difference is always a welcome sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Van dijk excelent again today

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Matthew Benham, Thomas Frank, Romeo Beckham, David Raya, Nathan Collins, Bradley Walsh, Uwe Rösler, we have beaten them all, we have beaten them all!. Sergi Canos, can you hear me? Sergi Canos ... your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

1-4

A thoroughly convincing victory. Nunez with an outstanding opener, great assist by Jota. Salah assists Mac Allister for a fine second. Salah and Gakpo finish the scoring.

Kelleher did very well. Fine save just before the goal, a bit unlucky in truth. Another great save in injury time - Delighted he is our number 2.

Hopefully Jones is not too bad and that Jota will be weeks rather than months. Reckon Nunez is fine, tactical - as 2 subs were already made and he was probably due to come for Salah later in the game anyway.

A potentially tricky game over. Hope Brentford will be better the next day.

'C'mon Chelsea'....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Hopefully this fella knows what he is talking about and it's either option 1 or 2.

Clutches straws......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,177 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

86 years of hurt finally over, we’ve got our away win at Brentford.

Now it’s over to Mayo…

So our injuries are currently looking like:

Alisson

TAA Matip

Jones Szoboszlai Thiago Bajcetic(?)

Jota Nunez(?)

We've still got a good 11 but I'm not sure our bench will be up to much at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,520 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I hate the morning kick offs but getting to enjoy the other 9 games knowing we already won is great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭brevity

Good win. Very happy with how it was managed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

At least we'll never have to hear about 1938 again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭ratracer

Ah here, Klopp is a God, but even he can’t cure somethings……😂😂

True,still got a good starting 11,the problem though is that they will get no chance to rest now with all the injuries so more chance of them picking up injuries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Depending on length of injuries, if we beat chelsea next week i would not be completely opposed to fielding a weakened team in the FA Cup.

Exactly,throw out the cleaning staff against Southampton

Klopp makes it sound like Nunez coming off was mostly precautionary

• Advertisement

Would love to see Salah get himself another golden boot, would put him tied with Henry at the top with 4 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

He said Nunez felt something and not sure if it’s a problem are not . I can’t think of a single time this season Klopp has taken a player off like that and they have been fit to start within a week.

I’d absolutely hope I’m wrong but I think we run a major risk of all three injuries today missing the final now which is an huge blow

Great result today but those injuries today were soured the result for me. You could argue Grav and Salah can replace Jota/Jones but Nunez is unstoppable at the moment so praying he’s fit !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Sickner to lose Jota hopefully we see him back this season. What's the latest on Szob and Baijectic if Jones is injured we look a bit bare in MF now. Also how long is Allison out for?

Well, not exactly a huge shout but like I said that starting lineup just gave me confidence. I like Endo and think he is hugely under rated by alot of people and Jones has become a very accomplished Cm himself so to me that was a very strong midfield we put out even missing Zsobo, that defence is excellent and we know about the attack. My biggest positive from the match today was Diaz. For me that was the first game in a long long time that we have seen the real Diaz again, thought he was very good today.

I honestly think the fact that we only had 1 opportunity to make 3 subs in an entire second half played a role in Nunez coming off at HT too tbh. Had Nunez come out and had to be taken off in the first 10 mins or so you are completely limited in how you can affect the game as a manager after that as you can make no more subs....or at least I'm hoping so I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭brevity

I didn't realize City have 2 games in hand ... Thought it was just the one. Booo!

We had 3 remaining subs and only 1 opportunity to make a change outside of HT so I guess that's even more incentive to make a precautionary HT substitution. If Nunez plays the second half and needs to be subbed after 5 minutes that's the last time we could make changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

One by the end of the day,, arsenal working on their goal difference lately...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Apparently, we started for the first time in the league, with 11 different nationalities.

I do think Nunez is fine. Had we made no subs in the first half, I reckon he would have started the second half. Klopp made the right decision anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭IrishOwl...

They have yet to play their game today. It will be back to 1 by tonight.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,409 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Xabi got another win today. Frimpong is some player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,410 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Arsenal were way behind us on goal difference before we played them. Now they are 1 ahead of us after 11 goals in a week against West Ham and Burnley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Solid performance, a few great goals, and a huge loss with Jota. Really hope he's ok. It's like some of the lads are cycling in and out for each other - Jota came back just in time for Mo to go to Afcon, then Mo comes back, and Jota heads off again!

Hopefully Nunez is alright. I saw some complaints about his goal being an example of his poor decision making - I actually see it as the total opposite. His biggest problem is that he hasn't been making decisions - he's just been smashing it every time. Him looking up and actively making a decision in the moment (not to mention perfectly executing it) is a major positive. Like, he clearly got his head up, saw the keeper miles off his line, and casually, expertly, lifted it over him. Bravo! More of that please.

We got lucky a few times today too though - I kinda think they should've had a penalty for Robertson's challenge... Toney steps in, but Robertson is absolutely steaming in, and has no control of his pace at all and just smashes into him. If it was the other way around and it happened to Mo or Nunez, i'd absolutely be screaming for the pen. Think Endo was lucky enough not to get a second yellow as well, looked a clear yellow challenge in the 90th minute out by the sideline on Onyeka.

Fingers crossed for the medical reports on Jones, Jota, and Darwin now anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

It was good to see Gravenberch throwing himself around today and showing a lot more hunger, desire and aggression than we have seen.

I'm not convinced but would love him to prove me wrong.

Kelleher was excellent as well today and shows just how good a keeper he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

For this season, progress is all we really need to see from him. He's been fairly consistently decent in the more controlled games like today, and all the Europa games. Where I still really wouldn't trust him at all is the higher tempo games where the opposition makes the midfield a battle.

• Advertisement

Tottenham will be doing well to finish ahead of us now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The coverage of Salah over the next few days will be interesting.

KDB was hailed as the GOAT Prem midfielder upon his goal and assist return after injury.

I look forward to Salah being given his flowers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,409 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If they're not careful then United will finish ahead of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Post edited by SlickRic on

• Advertisement
Advertisement