Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,535 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's crazy that City are still in this league, it's like the police charging a serial killer, but letting him go free on bail, meanwhile 3 more become victims, City are not serial killers, but they are serial winners, picking up trophies of competitions they simply should not be in. I think it's why no one sees their victories in the same light, it's why I literally have no idea who they beat to the league last season, who they played in the FA Cup final, or who they played in CL Final, why, because it's not real, no one takes it seriously, no one is impressed with the strong taking candy from a baby, their victories are frowned upon, not remembered.

In the Olympics cheaters are stripped of their wins, but football is too corrupted to act, they'll instead target the weak like Everton and Forest to ''act'' like they are enforcing the rules, when all they're doing is trying to take the spotlight off City. When found guilty, in the year 4000, they need to be stripped of the titles and Cups they won during this time period, and the history books need rewriting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭klose

Just the 3 positions for Gomez today, lad is Milner on steroids this year, what a player!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Just looking at the last few minutes again. Small things can have massive impact.

Diaz took the ball off Hudson Odoi and gave it to Kelleher for the re-start after the Konate stoppage. Sometimes Diaz can remind me of Rashford with the running down blind alleys, maybe shooting (badly) when he should pass, and coming up with the odd cracking goal. But what’s completely different than Rashford is his workrate and never say die attitude. He’s left winger and in the right back position hassling Hudson. Ref blows and he immediately grabs the ball and gets it to Kelleher for the quick re-start.

Then Joe Gomez does brilliantly to win the last corner. It’s an overhit cross from the left that looks for all the world it’s going out, but Joe doesn’t give up on it, gets control of it, and wins the corner. Super play. And then Endo forces the error from Forest on the edge of the box and Mac and Darwin do their thing!

‘We’re still unlikely to match City’s points total, but we have a great bunch of lads to follow. Our worst player today was Gakpo, imo, but he’s trying his absolute best and it’s just not happening for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I actually don't understand what you're getting at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,179 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Wonder if MOTD will show the few incidents where players from both clubs went down with head injury and both times the team with the head injury received the ball?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

I believe you are referring to me and I wasn't "moaning". I was merely pointing out the fact that right now Darwin is still raw and his decision making is still not at an elite level but just you wait and see, when he gets that down he will be the elite striker we all know he can be. That's literally all he is missing.

In a 2 v 1 against the keeper you should always pass it for the tap in. Its the highest percentage chance of scoring a goal. The outcome is irrelevant. If you keep making the correct decisions the results will look after themselves. If Jota is offside that is on him, unless you are telling me that Darwin assessed the situation and knew Jota was offside and therefore dinked it over the keeper which I think we both know is not the case.

For the record I've always been a fan and a defender of Darwin but that doesn't blinker me to the blatantly obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,068 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

If Liverpool jost it be worse for the neutrals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

I don't believe for a second that Darwin will "frustrate us for the rest of his Liverpool career". His finishing and decision making will get better. Not a single player since football began finished developing as a player by the age of 24. Even Messi and Ronaldo kept growing as players and evolving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Absolutely massive 3 points, I said earlier in the week I didn't care how they won as long as we got the 3 points , but, they really left it to the very last minute, makes it all the sweeter of course, like a few others, I didn't celebrate as was expecting VAR to intervine and disallow it for some reason, so relief was the overriding feeling when they didn't. I just love Mac Allister, he's been absolutely brilliant since coming back from injury, around Christmas time, he's just a fantastic all round player, does all the basics well, but, can make things happen too, a wonderful player we're lucky to have. Fair play to Nunez too, he gets a lot of stick ( tbf some warranted), so a great moment for him.

I suppose another patched up team on Thursday, with Nunez and Szobo getting more minutes, some of the lads who have been playing a lot recently need to get a rest. The important thing is to try to have our best 11 available and rested to start for the City game, with hopefully Mo on the bench ( although that's not looking too promising), the result today means we don't have to beat City ( obviously it would be brilliant if we did), but, City will feel they have to beat us, which could play into our hands as the match goes on. Not holding out much hope of United doing us any favours, but, you never know! Avoid defeat against City next week and we'll be in a fantastic position, with hopefully players back after the international break. Still a long way to go, but, we have a chance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

agree but im starting to really believe that we can win it we really can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

The improvement from Gomez this season has been incredible. I hold my hands up last season I said he wasn't good enough for Liverpool. How wrong I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Thankfully I was at home alone because I'd say I was like some kind of wild animal around the place,herself thinks I'm like a child as it is when it comes to Liverpool so I'm glad she didn't see me in all my glory today 🤣

It was a kick in stones for the neutrals because we got such a late winner.. is that not the case? I'm sure Arsenal, City and even some Utd fans were sure Liverpool was going to drop points today.

Now I've had a few beers today but I'm after reading that back and I think it's pretty clear what I'm saying.

We'll see:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Jesus lads is it the beers tonight or what but I'm neutral as are a lot of the people I see day to day and none of us care who wins the league so why do a lot of fans think all neutrals don't want Liverpool to win? And comments anyone has read online don't count. I mean actual human interaction outside of the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,983 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

• Registered Users Posts: 11,068 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I wouldn't call United, Arsenal or City fans as neutrals

Ok so you don't care who wins the league but find yourself reading through a Liverpool thread on the internet:)

I'm a neutral when it's between City and Arsenal but I'd rather Arsenal win the league all day long if wasn't going to be Liverpool.

I know lads that couldn't tell you what score their team had at the weekend but despise Liverpool and there is numpties like that supporting every team id imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

I read all the various teams threads on boards. I don't support any premier league team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Think Joe was lucky too at the end of the match not to give a peno away.

That said the amount of dragging for our corners was on a different level

It was like the officials didn't care for for this match

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

When you say “us” who are you referring to ? A band of neutrals with no bias at all that you happen to know all don’t mind who wins the league ? You mightn’t support a team or watch many games but people have a preference of who wins . You commented on here is rather odd if you don’t care yourself.

Beside City with their 115 FFP charges, Liverpool been one of best and most successful premier league teams in last 5 years and what grinds a lot of rival fans it’s we’ve done it all within the rules right way without oil money with a Manager the envy of world football who wins trophies with academy players against the odds . Grinds a lot of “neutrals” weirdly enough :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I avoided all radio today so Motd was the first I knew how we got on today .

Absolutely blessed to win that game , but they did due to what Klopp has made them into .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,535 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

United could do something tomorrow, in their last 10 visits to City, United have won 5 and drawn 1 , City only 4 wins.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

It's the hope that kills you.

But no - an easy win for City in the offing. Even Bruno will play. Still remember the disgust I felt when he Deliberately got a Yellow to miss the Anfield game on purpose. Club captain doing that - inspiring a United display by making sure he would miss it.

I'm convinced we would have won had he played.

We'll never know of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Hopefully loads of red cards tomorrow

That is all. We will do the rest ourselves

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,083 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

They really don’t understand that we kick every ball on that pitch.

I can't remember the last time I read another thread regarding a PL team I don't support but if I didn't actually support a PL team like yourself then I can't really comment.

Oh well each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭patsy sally

What's the fuss about the goal and ball not been given back to forest,if memory serves me right the ref dropped the ball 3 times during that game and ball wasn't returned to the team that were in possession.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Absolutely sensational win yesterday. I scared my 1 yr old with the shouting.

Nunez is some boyo.

Kelleher is playing great stuff

big shout out to Gomez. He is selfless.

You seem to be blinkered to the blatantly obvious that Jota had run ahead of Nunez, so if Darwin had done what you wanted we would not have scored. Jota was ahead of him when he headed the ball to him and stayed ahead of him as they both bore down on goal. To say Darwin should have passed to him in such circumstances is the height of nonsense.

And what a finish! Something he has undoubtedly practiced hundreds of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

For a reason. They'll likely lose to that scoreline.

I can't believe they've managed to turn this into some sort of controversy.

This is the incident that caused Konate's head injury that resulted in us getting the ball back, it shouldn't have taken a head injury for the ref to stop the game, it should've been stopped because that's the most obvious free kick to Liverpool you'll ever see. How he saw Yates flying in like this and didn't call anything is nonsense, that's serious foul play. Yates had already committed 4 fouls and gotten away with a few more, Forest can consider themselves lucky he's not suspended for next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Oh I know, it's for Toby.

I've a euro on 7-1 scoreline myself 😅

• Advertisement

Can have no complaints after that then how that wasn't seen is ridiculous

I just think if the ref was really in our pocket we'd have probably gotten this pen

Was Yates even booked for that karate kick

This is the one MacAllister and Nunez tried earlier btw, they've got a decent understanding these two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,303 ✭✭✭✭rob316

All my faith is Nunez is been repaid he has totally stepped up with Salah out. Looked far more dangerous the minute he was brought on yesterday

• Advertisement

Updated now and that's 3 players we've got averaging better than a Goal or Assist every 90 minutes.

Our other two forwards and the players with similar numbers around them:

Okay last one for now but here's the full sequence after we got the ball back for Konate's head injury. With the way it's being talked about you'd swear Kelleher punted it up the pitch onto Darwin's head and we scored.

Even after winning the corner Forest had a couple chances to clear, then one final chance to clear where they instead tried to dribble around MacAllister.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Tbf if the same thing happened us, we'd be raging, I can understand their frustration, especially so close to the end of the match, plus they had a shout for a penalty in that same incident. They still should have defended the goal better. It's a break that went our way and thankfully we were able to take advantage, we've had plenty of decisions go against us so we were due one to go for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Nunez is an enigma, I bloody love him.

I only caught the last twenty minutes and our dodgy box is about 3 minutes behind. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the goal pop up on my phone. Had to persuade the young lad to join me on the couch to watch the last couple minutes - and the winner - as he was distraught at only drawing and had left the tv.

Almost had to get thick with him to get him to join me. Some excitement out of a 7 year old a few seconds later (hadn't told him).

I've two tickets for the Wolves game so he's taking this run-in more serious than I am (I'm still in the 'we'll be close but won't win it group').

As for MOTD, there is some amount of hype on XTwitter about the usual shyte from Shearer and Jenas. One comment went along the lines that Jenas 'was someone who used to play football and took 0% joy from any of it'.

Made me laugh. Two clowns.

I think after Nunez 99th minute winner, there is a slightly better chance of City dropping points today. Wouldn't dream of putting money on it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm quite amazed at the controversy around yesterday. The reaction is quite astounding. Nothing near what the incident actually merits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭klose

The thanks function would have been greatly appreciated the last 18 hours.

Leon Bailey seems remarkably high there. Is there some sort of an anomaly I’m missing or has he been an assist machine? I guess he’d be top if you took away Mo’s and Haaland’s penalties?

It does highlight how well Jota and Darwin have been playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Bailey’s just been really good this season, with a good mix of goals and assists. Him and Watkins and Douglas Luiz have a really good understanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Musiala would be a big upgrade in the summer, i see the gossip pages have us linked. Contract until 2026 so would take a serious wedge of money to get him, and we can't rely on the Klopp factor for enticing players either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,107 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Upgrade over who, where do you see him fitting in? His best position would be Szobo’s, though could do a job at left wing, where we’re pretty stacked anyway. Great player but that sort of money would maybe do more good elsewhere. DM and RWF are our weakest spots in terms of depth.

• Advertisement
Advertisement