Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,535 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Could go with Gomez centre back & Robbo left back, didn't Gomez have a brilliant game centre back last season when we beat City at Anfield 1-0

Anfield Edition have confirmed this lineup they always have the lineup early

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Is anyone confident of a win?

I think we need a real fast passionate start which hasn't happened too often this season.

Take any early lead,and manage the game from there,I'd take a 1 nil now🙏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭McFly85

Never confident of a win against City, but Anfield will be rocking and this group of players have been unbelievable all season so hopefully they can conjure up some more magic today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

I think we'll get plenty of chances, I just worry about our ability to finish them. Should be a cracker anyway. Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

Jesus Christ Salah not starting and Konate out is a massive blow and big boost for City. On paper we are trouble here.

It’s not so much an issue for me Quansah starting , it’s that Konate can’t. He’s been absolute rock alongside VVD , Quansah has a very long way to go to get to his level. Konate been such a huge part of our defensive stability while ravaged by injuries up front .

Big decision on how to deploy Gomez now. Putting him LB to mitigate Foden exposes a very inexperienced combo of Quansah/Bradley and I’d worried Haaland and Co. would and will expose that.

Salah and Konate is replaced by Elliott/ Quansah is just such a gulf of world class quality . Gutted these injuries are genuinely ruining the buzz before games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Looks like no Konate today. I fear the injuries might be too much to overcome today against a pretty much fully fit City side

Subs: Adrian, Nallo, Tsimikas, Robertson, McConnell, Clark, Gakpo, Koumas, Salah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Subs could be very important today.

Strikes me as a "let's not lose" lineup, which is fair enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Salah not starting could be a double edged sword. City could start full of confidence but Salah coming on he could run them ragged for 30-45 mins

Gomez ahead of Robbo at leftback. What's that about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Not confident of winning, too many injuries, be hopeful of getting a draw, but fear De Bruyne, Foden and Haaland. Would take a draw right now, a win would be a massive bonus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Can we all just pre agree the officials and commentators are crap saves a lot of typing 👍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭tinpib

Ya, that's what I think. Would be delighted to get to HT at 0:0. Then bring on Salah and/or others and try and schnake a 1:0 win. We've done it before.

At the same time you can never write this squad off, they have produced amazing results and performances out of nowhere. We could be raging that we aren't 2 or 3 nil up at HT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭Damien360

I'd agree with that. If we go toe to toe with our weakened team against City, we will be ripped apart. Soak it up and hope to hit on the break. Utd held them most of the game before running out of steam, albeit City had 75% possession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Not a hope of ‘Man City Nil’ being part of the final scoreline

We don't play for draws, but if it ended that way I'd take it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

It's a rarity under Klopp but I have close to zero expectation of a Liverpool win today. Been very lucky recently not to concede a load of goals. Predicting a 1-4 away win.

• Advertisement

Chelsea only test of late for City, and they failed it, lucky to get the draw. Since that game they've played useless teams, this is another test for a shaky City side. We'll get a LOT of chances today, need to take them, I'm talking to you Nunez 😋

They have 6 goals in 4 games in PL , 3 of those games they scored 1. 3-1 against United. They have a low count for THEM goal wise this season, 62 in total, Spurs 59, Villa 59, Both Arsenal and Liverpool have more goals, while conceding less than City .

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭IrishOwl...

I feel Liverpool's luck or whatever you want to call it the last few weeks is about to run out. Bradly, Quansah and Kellegher as 3 of your back 5 is not going to cut it today.

3 or maybe 4-1 to City. I think City are going to use this game as their marker for the remainder of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Well if we can overcome Barca 3-0 at Anfield with us missing key players I'm sure we can beat Citymissing a few.

They aren't as good as that Barca team was so hopefully another memorable 4-0 win today :)

A young Liverpool player is going to cost us by making a HUGE mistake at some point, it inevitable, hopefully it's not today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

City are far better than that Barca team. Lenglet started for them and bloody Arthur came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

God I wish we hadn't played Konate on Thursday now but cest la vie.

It's a big big game but there's still 10 more to come after this.

We just have to start well and see how quickly the lads can settle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Gomez to rattle Foden early please and thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

This Klopp v Pep shite on Sky is such a cringe fest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭tinpib

Sky is a total cringefest, Kelly is pretty good, but that other guy the Dave-atron 9000 is a presenter android off the Sky Sports assembly line.

I like Roy but I still mute most sky coverage and most of their commentary as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭ratracer

Endo keeping DeBrunye at bay is gonna be the key dynamic in this game. Halaand got damn goals all while KdeB was out injured. He’s their main supply man in midfield, need to limit his influence in the game.

In going for a Liverpool win today, in both my heart and my head!! 😬😬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,303 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Konate absolutely huge loss, big test for quansah

Why do they put Neville in as.co-commentator for Liverpool games. He is a pain in the hoop to listen to.

• Advertisement

I’d take a draw which puts pressure on city in the run in

A whole lot of rain heading to Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Big test for young lads today hopefully get a good result

Very good by VVD to stop that. Not gone on the deagback in the box after that

City got through us twice there too easily. Need to watch the overlapping runs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,983 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Very early days but City cutting us open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Nunez the target to knock it down to Diaz looks like the plan

That’s twice in behind Bradley

Gomez getting eaten alive by Foden

Very similar to Arsenal match very slow start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Very open any time we lose the ball. Given the players missing I wonder would we be better off being a bit more conservative today. Not in the nature of a Klopp team to play that way I know.

He is playing very far up the pitch constantly. Elliot is his cover every time. Hopefully we change tactics a bit as he can't do that all match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Elliott isn't the one to run in behind for these Nunez flick ons, he needs Salah that side.

• Advertisement
Advertisement