Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Spurs who are hunting down villa for 4th spot have city and arsenal at home,whilst we have spurs at home and owe them big time,I actually think if we can beat man utd at old Trafford the title will be ours

I'm actually feeling really positive after that,more so then before the game😃

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Likewise, i think that OT game is massive...we get a win there, the momentum that follows will be massive...it could be enough to carry us all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Pep is paid a fortune to promote the UAE, separate to his Man City contract. Often seen at F1 Grand Prix over there trying to avoid Martin Brundle in the pre-race grid walk! Of course, it’s because he is City manager that he gets this, but nothing to see here. Can’t prove they’re cheating ….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Maybe the reason to take off Nunez was based on fitness concerns and he only coming back from injury. This was his 3rd game in 8 days(albeit not full games).

The last thing we needed was him breaking down again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Great performance yet again with so many first teamers missing or not fully fit.

It just seems like a repeat of previous seasons, unfortunately, when (sub)conscious bias from referees against us will cost us the league. Again. The margins at this level are just so tight and as always, Liverpool seem to be referreed differently to other teams.

The City goal today - City player barges Macca out of the way, that's fine. Endo does the same (actually less, he just holds his ground and blocks the Chelsea player) vs Chelsea in the LC final and the goal is disallowed.

Doku kicks Macca in the chest at the end, no pen. Fair enough if the ref misses it, but for VAR not to ask him to even look at it on the screen is scandalous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Incorrect, city were charged and found guilty and issued a fine for multiple breaches already from UEFA. FACT.

Yep it'll be huge,we really do have to have the mindset now of playing a mini 10 game lge,starting off with Brighton which I hope to be at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

This 100% we need city out of it I’d take an Arsenal win over a city win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

No, and I just don't see Arsenal winning 11 in a row.

City to drop as many points as possible as soon as possible please.

If Arsenal beat City and then never let us catch them again then fair play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

They access the servers illigally and intentionally.

In fairness it’s an exciting run in every game has so much riding on it

when you look at other counties PSG 10 clear Inter 16 clear. Madrid 7 clear Leverkusen 10 clear

Explain how it was illegal if they still had valid log-in credentials?

Also, I don't believe anyone at Liverpool asked them to access their accounts - they took it upon themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Thought some of you guys might appreciate this..

...and yes, it was today..

Arsenal beaten City would be a great result. That would put 4 between us and them if we beat Brighton...that's pretty significant. Id fancy us to pip Arsenal in foot race to the end then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,535 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Two Cup games now, Sparta, and United away next Sunday. You'd think a very young side could hold on to a 5-1 lead. United away the important one in the FA Cu

Jones, Trent, Bajčetić, Gravenberch, Jota will all be close come next league game on March 31st . Jota probably won't make that one, but should be ok soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

Very true but previous seasons of thinking surely with 90 plus points that it won’t come down to GD or a point have left a mark.

Having said all that — I would have taken a draw when that first 11 came out. Quansah at times you could have mistaken for VVd given his composure and reading of the game (bar 1 error) . Mac, Endo and Returning Szobo looked impressive.

Bradley looks incredibly assured but Klopp is really managing his minute means yet again Gomez does incredibly well to manage multiple positions in a game.

Bittersweet game in the end all being said but still believe we needed to win this one today. Encouraging at least to hear Konate maybe back soon .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,983 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Remembering the penalty given to Palace near 2 minutes after the incident because VAR kept reviewing it during play, none of that today just 10 seconds and no foul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Totally agree with the above analysis,before the game,with the team that was named I would if taken a draw. Ultimately I think we needed to win the game. But it is what it is now. We have 2 league games at home after the international break. Win them and see where we are then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

A fine is not a punishment, it's just the cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,180 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

That was half a Liverpool team today and they outplayed City, well at least in the second half.

City are probably happy with the draw and the subs suggested as much but I've every faith in Klopp firing the lads up to go on another winning run now.

Salah is back, although not fully fit. Diaz has energy again, just needs the composure. Nunez is back, Robbo is back, Szoboszlai is back. A few more to return soon hopefully. Endo is powering around everyone these days. MacAllister is lording it. VVD at peak performance Kelleher is playing very very well.

A few green shoots. Let's go for it.

Endo was offside before leading to the block of the Chelsea goal while you can’t be offside from a corner so there was nothing wrong with the City goal Bar our own reaction time.

I really wish that Mac incident hadn’t happened right at the death as the more the result sinks in the more it feels weve were very hard done by by VAR again ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

If don't understand why it's illigal to login to another organisation server and use there data for 8 months, there is no hope for you.

Show us the regulation on that please?

Btw, second time you've spelled "illegal" incorrectly. I gave you the benefit of the doubt the first time. Now... show me the regulation please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

The most important thing today was not to lose, obviously disappointing that we didn't win it, especially with that penalty decision at the end, but, it means we are still in a great position with players coming back after the international break, plus the likes of Salah, Szobo and Nunez should hopefully be fully fit.

City and Arsenal have to play each other so, one or the other is going to drop points, a draw would be perfect. I think the international break is going to break Arsenal's momentum, plus they now have something to lose, so the pressure is on them, they've been playing with the freedom of nothing to lose recently, yesterday was the first time they looked a bit shaky as they knew a win would send them top, I don't think Arsenal will keep winning until the end of the season, they have already won 8 in a row I think, asking a lot to win 18 in a row, if they do fair play.

We have a lot of tough games left, United and Everton away are going to be dogfights, Spurs and Villa will also be difficult. Still a long way to go, we definitely in with a great chance, just, need to grind out the results and wipe out Arsenal's GD. Still think if we finish above City, we'll be champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,420 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's 3 times we've been let down by VAR against other big six teams this season.

Diaz goal not given against Spurs.

Odengard handball not given against Arsenal.

Doku penalty not given against City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Think there are too many people underrating Arsenal. I think they've progressed hugely since last season. Far better defensively, chipping in goals from all over the park, Rice making a big difference to their physicality and a genuine threat every time they get a set-piece. I think they'll be there right to the bitter end, hopefully 2nd behind us but if they beat City I could see them getting over the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,303 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Just feel big opportunity missed today, we made city look completely ordinary for large parts today. Pep settled for a draw very early on in the 2nd half.

4 point lead would of given us that buffer for one bad result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭ratracer

Watch the Premier league make up a rule to dock points cos JK is calling out the incompetence of the refs!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,420 ✭✭✭facehugger99

They will crumble like a crumbly shortbread biscuit.

Not even slightly worried about them.

Lads, Endo, what a player!! Didn’t give De Bruyne as sniff....

Himself and McCallister were unbelievable today. If we do somehow go onto to win it, McCallister has to be a serious shout for player of the year.

They're remaining fixtures are the most difficult out of the 3 teams. I expect city to beat them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,420 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Another player who plenty in here wrote off before he even got a chance. When will lads learn to give a player time to make an impact.

For me he's a real pro. Gets the job done and will just keep going as long as he can.

They have been hugely impressive scoring for fun and conceding very few and have very real chance of winning the League. Almost zero chance they crumble away. They could easier beat City in afew weeks.

Rice as mentioned has given that stability and grit so that soft centre from last season is gone. They don’t really have injuries so team is building momentum and chemistry and arguably the form team of top 3.

We live to fight another day but really felt we would of won today, city beat arsenal, we beat Brighton and that's the league good as sealed, could of lost one of the last 9 games and still won it.

Sky will sell tales of twists and turns but I'm seen enough title challenges with city that's it's won by a point or so.

• Advertisement

Compared to the generic crap usual posted , loved the passion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭Enzokk

I don't think they are bribing the referees, by the meaning of envelopes underneath the table with cash in it. But providing the PGMOL with extra money for their referee's to provide services in the UAE, well it stinks. The problem with it is that on a day like today you have to wonder if those referees were thinking about the Christmas lunch that was paid for by the UAE when their friends went over for a week and the money for their appearance was used to pay for their nice evening and dinner.

We are all human and I think it is only normal to have this influence your decision making. I mean we defended Luis Suarez to the hilt over all the things he did. It is flaws in our nature as humans and I don't think referees are immune to it. The problem I see, you cannot prove this is true, but you cannot prove that it isn't either, and that is where the problems lie.

They have had the freedom of been 3rd choice favourites, they are top now let's see how they handle the pressure of 2 teams like Liverpool and city chasing who have been there before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Nunez was completely out on his feet shuffling round, was a good decision to take him off, not sure why he was baffled, he was spent crowd were saying it for a few minutes before he came off.

You keep harping on this point and do not engage in what others have pointed out. Liverpool paid a settlement to City in that case but admitted no fault. The FA did investigate but due to the settlement did not think any further action was required as the settlement was done, in which City accepted the fee paid by Liverpool and the fact they did not admit to anything with it. If they felt so strongly about it they should not have taken the money.

But City was found guilty of breaches before and did pay a fine and agreed to other measures due to the fact that they breached FFP before.

"Under a settlement with Uefa City undertook to repay €20m from the 2013-14 Champions League revenues, have a European squad limit of 21, constrain transfer spending, not increase their wage bill until 2016 and make a maximum €30m loss for 2014 and 2015. City’s chairman, Khaldoon al-Mubarak, made clear publicly that he disagreed with Uefa and the settlement but argued that given the club’s success they would comply with the break-even rules after 2014."

If you want to play whataboutery about this that is fine, but engage with others when they make arguments. Otherwise it seems like you are just trolling.

• Advertisement

True but they are top now with 10 to go that's all that matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Always sane and reasonable over at Blue Moon:

For me Ederson never made contact with Nunez.

----------

Gary Neville is a closet Liverpool fan.

----------

He's a pitiful little ****. In bed with the Scousers these days. Or should I say ' inbred'... (About Neville again)

----------

2nd half shitshow and 100% Ake's fault , they were not even in the game until he f*cked up and gave the scruffy c*nts momentum, we do it every f*cking year one of our defenders gifts them a goal Cancelo last year Ake this year. We havent had a gift from them f*ckers at Klanfield for the 60 years i have been going there , and we got lucky because Diaz couldnt finish a good breakfast.

Depressing how we caved in yet again at that shithole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,535 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

First half

Sobo free header

Nunez to Diaz goal, offside when it was easier to be on

Diaz center of goal, free strike, misses target

Second Half

Nunez penalty, Mac Socres

Nunez to Diaz, Diaz failed to control when in

Diaz free in on goal from Salah pass

Nunez from Robertsons cross

Quansah strike

MacAllister pen call

On another day it's 5-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I only ever remember one lad calling him slow tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I am the head of cyber security should have been sacked at City after that, I mean it is the first thing you would do when someone leaves a company is disable the log in details and other computer accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Just on reflection, there aren't many teams that make City look ordinary and we did yesterday. Yes they had their chances but they will always have them, but we kept Haaland quiet again and before those chances, one of which would have been ruled out due to ball hitting Foden's hand/arm, we should have been ahead.

There was a lot of people that were thinking we were going to be outclassed by City and would be lucky to get a point, but it was the other way around. I am so proud of the team and the manager. They are proving that once again that while City is good, we are also very very good again this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭Talisman

It's hard to believe that with a quarter of the season remaining that our rag tag group of players is still challenging for the league title. I couldn't fault any of our players for their performance yesterday, they gave everything and at no point did it look like we fielded a make shift team.

Harvey Elliott has become Klopp's energizer bunny. In the first half he covered every blade of grass on the right, covered for Bradley when he went forward and stepped in to help him defensively when needed. Later in a matter of minutes he was supporting Robertson and Diaz on the left, helping out Gomez on the right and then pressing the goalkeeper. Salah didn't have the energy to do the press but Elliott had him covered. I've been really impressed with how he has stepped up a level during the season. It was a pity that Salah stepped offside in the 93rd minute because Elliott definitely deserved a goal to crown his performance.

Szoboszlai and Salah will need another few weeks to click into gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Under the NIS directive, the obligation is with the host to protect their systems and information. User access control is a basic requirement for any modern IT management system. The Internet is full of bad actors. ISO 27001 requires the host organisation to manage their own account access. In this instance they failed to do that. Persons with authorised access using said access is not illegal, even if said persons should no longer have access. It may be an ethical question but it's not a legal issue.

Perhaps you should educate yourself on the law and cybersecurity best practice before making statements you don't understand?

• Advertisement
Advertisement