Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭giveitholly

We ain't doing too bad for a season when we were supposedly in transition

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭505_

Even liverpool fans know Klopp has the capacity to be a w@nker when we lose. What makes winners winners i guess. He's been prickly with the media many times, wouldn't read in to this at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭rob316

One manager is just happy to be in a big job, the other is a serial trophy winner and doesn't like losing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Liverpool weren't clinical enough today...United took their chances when it mattered.

It's like the reverse of our years in the doldrums when we'd be flailing around in the League and pull a performance out of nowhere the odd time and give them a bloody nose in a cup.

So yeah, good luck to them I guess... hopefully they kick lumps out of City in the final, don't really give a shyte who wins tbh

I hate this attitude. As much as i love JK, a Utd fan put in our group earlier if ETH gets sacked at the end of the season his record probably reads 1-0 loss to Klopp in premier leagues. Obviously that doesn't tell the full story at all but we should focus on ourselves today. Should have killed it second half and only have ourselves to blame. The league will be incredibly difficult. Hopefully we can win the EL and have a send off with 2 trophies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

As far as i am concerted the game in April is far more important. losing today was tough yes but Liverpool threw that away but going into April with no extending games is also good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,494 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Does Kelleher escape critism in that game?

I think so. Perhaps the first goal he could have done a little better. But he's hardly getting near the other 3? I'd be more critical of vvd..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

That remains to be seen because we could win that game and still drop points elsewhere and not win the league. I still think the league is a huge ask personally and the least likely of all the trophies this season.

Winners of today are realistically through to final as can’t see Coventry doing anything so the team winning today on a one off game vs Chelsea/ City is unfortunately a much better chance of cup.

We’ve had a fairytale few weeks with crazy results with a depleted team so it’s just so disappointing our strongest starting 11 on paper for ages couldn’t see that game out today.

I thought the winner he should of done better for, amad is been pushed wide so the only shot he had on was far post, should of had it covered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭Enzokk

But it was a stupid question why weren't we intense in during extra time? We only played 9 matches in 30 days including a energy sapping 120 minute final against Chelsea and have been dealing with an injury crises. United, while dealing with injuries as well, only played 6 matches in that time. So why were we not as intense in the extra time? That guy is getting paid...and maybe it is because English is not his first language, but that is one of the more stupid questions you could have asked Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Ball went in off the post, he just about hit it in the perfect spot without hitting the post and missing. I don't think there is too much criticism of Kelleher for that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

United are genuinely muck..I'd hate to have to watch them every week...I feel sorry for united fans. Well not really...

Their players fall.over ..cry all day and are so negative and lazy.

Even if today was a freak ...I now hate Pool united games ..because I find it actually hard to watch them fall over and cry all day ...

Delighted we only have to see them 1 more time this season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If there is one player who was missed today, it was Diogo Jota.

No excuses, but he'd have just smacked one of those in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭SM01

Whadafuq is this bull?

Kelleher had a decent game. No other take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭decies

Correct but no excuse not to bring Danns on to stretch him

Absolutely, wasn’t his fault today.

To be so close to penos and commit so many forward for the corner and Elliot/Endo mixup far more culpable.

It’s crazy how afew weeks ago, we were celebrating goal from a corner at the death of extra time and afew weeks later literally get knocked out for the very same setup !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Such a weird game today. After the first 30 minutes until full time Liverpool were ridiculously dominant at times and made United look two levels below them. Liverpool contrived to mess up a whole pile of good attacking positions while they were completely on top. However, over the entire 120+ minutes we coughed up way too many chances to United. They scored 4 goals and Kelleher made a few saves as well. We were weirdly flaky in defence today and handed them a few chances on a plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭FrankN1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭ratracer

It really wasn’t trolling, Kelleher has been feted for the shoot out where he scored the 11th penalty after Kepa missed. I didn’t fancy him to be better than Onana in a shoot out tonight, mostly because of who we had on the field at the time. I had little confidence in our takers vs Utd.

It didn’t matter in the end, but I’d still have bet we wouldn’t have won a penalty shootout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Sickened with today to be honest.

we are guilty lately of not putting our chances away and it proved costly.

they only way to bury this is to beat them in the league.

i would have left salah on btw

The problem was Salah had to come off because he was forced to play 90 on Thursday he was never playing 90 again 4 days later after being out for a long time.

I hate to say it as I know Klopp is big on rhythm but the team selection on Thursday had ramifications today . There was always a risk of extra time today when the game vs Sparta was over as tie before the game not a mind after 15mins . Szobo and Salah should have been managed in a way their 90mins was today, not on Thursday.

Despite all that, to lose to a break away goal from our corner in the 120min with penos on the way mental. It’s the type of goal time and again mane and Salah scored so often for us over the years! Real shame as that another guaranteed final had we got through today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,750 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I hate to say it but watching MOTD , the chances Utd , well Rashford , missed were scandalous .They could have been been out of sight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

pathetic today tbh saa aba yi ma me te 8nka sɛ meyare kɔ yafunu mu.

Absolutely shambolic performance, how the f*** can you go from 2 1 up to lose 4-3????

Shocking stuff altogether

Why in gods name was mo taken off????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Possibly tired after playing 90 mins on Thursday. And he was pretty terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,315 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

He was offside for that miss right at the death of normal time to be fair

Excluding individual players and errors the midfield as a unit just wasn’t at it Sunday and can’t afford to be as ineffective in coming weeks and months .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭klose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭klose

On the winner, that’s how we won the league cup final, game coming to an end and they gambled on the winner, Van Dijk got on the end of one in the final, we got sucker punched yesterday, thems the breaks unfortunately.

if I was told we we had one clanger of a game left in us for the rest of the season I’d have picked yesterday, it’s a stark reminder not to take games for granted which is what we done yesterday, I expect a clinical professional performance against Brighton the end of the month and am sure we will get just that. We are at the will of the gods now how many players get rests over the international break, coming up to the Euros you’d hope managers will err on the side of caution in that respect. You’d feel worse if we played well and lost, we played sh!te and were deservedly beaten so I’m at peace with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

This.

Poor show of course yesterday, but in some ways better than sleepwalking into a semifinal and United turning us over in the league in a couple of weeks. This is their cup final, let them enjoy it, the big prize is still up for grabs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,422 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I missed most of the second half and saw none of extra time yesterday but before the game I would have said this is the least important competition we were left in for me. It's bad that we lost it but thems the breaks.

From what I did see I thought Mo and Szoboszlai were very rusty, Mo especially. Others looked a bit off the pace so maybe tiredness catching up with them. Nice international break now to help lads get back from injury and others to improve fitness.

Not sure about the Gakpo hate. He isn't starting week in and week out and when he does play he seems to be playing a different position most weeks. I definitely remember him playing as a CM, LW, CF, AM and RW this season. His stats are quite good for our fifth choice attacker and let's be honest he's probably better than any 5th choice we've ever had. I do think he shouldn't be used at RW, the position doesn't suit him and all his worst performances have came from there.

I love Diaz but if a big offer comes in for him this summer I think he'll leave. That would leave us with Jota, Nunez and Gakpo who can play LW and Mo's long term replacement needs to be found.

I also think we might see Robbo leaving this summer if there good money on the table. He just seems to be diving in more often and doesn't have the stamina of previous years. We look far more solid with Gomez at LB most days now. I'd be disappointed to see him go rather than staying around as backup LB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

Ok if it wasn't trolling then you really need to educate yourself before you speak on public forums.

"Caoimhín Kelleher has now saved six penalties in shoot-outs for Liverpool, the most in the club's history after surpassing Pepe Reina's tally of five, and has been involved in eight League Cup matches, four of which have gone to spot-kicks of which he has won all."

Having played only about 20 games for the club he is our record penalty saver in shoot outs.

Can totally understand you not having confidence in our takers or whatever but thats not what you said. You said you were worried about how our record holding penalty saving keeper would fare in a penalty shoot out. He might have let in all 11 and more for all we know but from what we know of him there is absolutely no reason to worry about him in a penalty shoot out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,516 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

When you get so angry about a match that you turn Ghanaian. 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

It hasn't been THAT tough to watch you guys compete over the last few years... I mean, more often than not you fall short

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Enjoy yesterday's 'final' as you won't be winning against City or Chelsea.

Plenty of trophies and success under Klopp and you come out with that nonsense of a post. I mean, I'm not surprised though considering the absolute joke of a club and fanbase you've been the last few years.

You're probably better off watching us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

I'm not criticising him, as he's been great in the last month or so, just pointing out that Kelleher has probably faced more penalties than any other keeper ( correct me if I'm wrong) with 4 penalty shoot-outs, so more opportunities to save penalties, plus most ( if not all) were in the league cup against players who normally don't take penalties or aren't first team players. He has been involved in an usually high amount of penalty shoot- outs for the amount of matches he has played. We'll never know how a penalty shoot-out would have went yesterday, so pointless speculating, tbh, it would have been better to get knocked out on penalties than what happened!

Watched match of the day this morning for more punishment. Though vvd and Nunez were fairly awful yesterday. Elliot was embarrassing for their winning goal. Think after the EL that was our second best chance of a trophy.

The one thing from game yesterday cemented how Klopp have turned Liverpool into a team that has reduced United fans celebrating us not doing a quad instead of realising they are actually through to semis themselves.

The release of pent up bitterness from united fans in last 24 hours must be a relief. 3 trophies in 3 seasons so far and counting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

That's how shoot outs work tho. Usually a team has 1 designated pen taker, maybe two so the other 3 or 4 of the takers will not normally take pens. Same works in reverse for the opposition keepers tho in those shoot outs and yet Kelleher has still never lost a pen shoot out and often he was up against far more experienced keepers.

And I never speculated about whether or not we would have won a pen shoot out yesterday, all I said was basically that it was strange to be actively worried about having Kelleher in goals for said penalties when he has literally never lost a shoot out with us in a senior game. We have 99 problems to worry about but Kelleher in goals for a penalty shoot out ain't 1.

Advertisement