Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Honestly ... watching the coverage, seeing the reaction online, and hearing some of the crap through my TV, it's really made me question why the fúck people care so much about something that's so unimportant at the end of the day.

Murderer chants, Heysel chants, Hillsborough chants ... all in there. And then some of the videos of fans were utterly deplorable.

Football tribalism is as close to institutionalised religion as we have in modern society. It's fúcking grim.

• You've obviously never gone regularly to football matches in the UK. The amount of cocaine involved. Doesn't matter what the league or games. There will always be groups of fans saying the worst thing possible. I remember a scouser shouting I hope your plane Munichs when we left from Dublin airport to Manchester as the two groups almost came to blows over the usual nonsense in the bar.

Football fans are the lowest of the low and from experience, the worst comes from lads who are in their 50s

But what does it say about someone who is willing to say the worst things, just because it deeply offends another team's fans?

I genuinely don't understand it. Maybe I'm showing how naive I really am.

And from what I can tell, there is absolutely zero policing of it when it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

One lad apparently shouting something in a bar once = thousands of United fans chanting 'Murderers' every single time they play LFC at Old Trafford. That's a unique take on things.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Well they are talking about having to let people out of prison now as they are over capacity. So police rarely got involved and it's usually a public order offence so not much outcome. Someone did get arrested at Etihad last game for doing airplane gestures. You even had someone mocking that 6 year old kid who died of cancer back in October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

No I'd say the potential cup final would be the cup final.

Not the only comment calling the quarter final of a cup competition United's final. Only really works in the league when there's nothing to play for.

• Hah. Yes Liverpool fans are angels, sorry I've forgotten you can do no wrong and never ever do Munich chants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

There is a good 10-15% of fans at most games I've been to who you would think were properly thick...

I was at OT in the corner near the away fans last season and there was a coked up lad (early 20s at most) who spent the entire 90 min (not exaggerating here, he would go away for 5-10 min and come back again) shouting Mason Greenwood is a Rap*st. Not in any kind of tune or chant.. just shouting it as loudly as he could, over and over.

You could visibly see other Spurs fans around him being uncomfortable. There were a lot of younger fans around him as well.

No idea why stewards don't step in here between the stuff he was shouting and the obvious drug taking. He was fully there to cause trouble and it could have gone very very bad for him.

Suppose that area of OT is a lot of day trippers, OAP and disabled but still

• GMP just released this statement.

Of the 72,000 people in attendance, 8 men were arrested for the following offences:

A 36-year-old Liverpool supporter on suspicion of possession of class A drugs.

A 26-year-old Liverpool supporter on suspicion of possession of class A drugs.

A 21-year-old Liverpool supporter on suspicion of possession of class A drugs.

A 21-year-old Manchester United supporter on suspicion of causing intentional harassment, alarm or distress through chanting.

A 59-year-old Manchester United supporter on suspicion of causing intentional harassment, alarm or distress through chanting.

A 46-year-old Liverpool supporter on suspicion of possession of a pyrotechnic.

A 19-year-old Liverpool supporter on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offence.

A 37-year-old Manchester United supporter on suspicion of pitch encroachment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

We had a big run of games lately. Majority were played with half a squad and they all resulted in wins. There was a constant run of games of midweek/weekend/midweek/weekend. There was also one game with extra time thrown in. The game yesterday was away from home and again went to extra time. It was played on a big pitch so it takes energy out of you. It's sore to lose last minute but we have to remember that it was a cup game. Cups are good to win, but they are not our priority at the moment. That might sound like after-timing but it would be much much worse if the loss was the league and stopped us winning the league.

Hopefully now we'll go and win there in the league instead to put us a few points clear at the top of the table. The cup game becomes a complete after thought then. We wouldn't be doing overreacting to losing a cup game to a Wolves or Brighton, but people are because it was Man Utd. Have to look at the bigger picture, the league is much more important than the cup. Nice time to have a break now and reset and come back and start the winning run again.

We beat Arsenal away in the cup but lost in the league. Which one would you rather have? Up to the team to right the wrongs now again in a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Annoyed by result naturally. We were so dominant but lacked the killer instinct.

I'd be livid if we are that dominant in the league game and it happens again.

We are obviously a superior side but need to show it on the scoreboard. That is two games this year where we were much better and don't get the win.

United were dead and had given up and we handed them the equalizer. Fair play to them though, it's about scoring goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Pat_bottom

Wow the percentage of each set of fans causing trouble is crazy I thought it was the other way around. Good to see figures being released but I suspect they will still be ignored and pretend thousands caused trouble.

Given how loud the chants were, you can be assured that it was more than 1 person. Just because it was only one arrest doesn't mean only person did it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

They all have one thing in common regardless of who they support

They are all clowns

Not representative of either great club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Do you think the Police have the resource to arrest everyone at a football game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

I wasn't implying you were speculating about a penalty shoot-out, others were, just replying to them on that. I know how shoot-outs work, my point was that he's faced probably more penalties than any of our keepers due to all the shoot-outs he's been involved in, a lot considering the amounto of matches he has played; more shoot-outs equals more opportunities to save penalties. I can only remember Allison in one shoot-out for us (again correct me if I'm wrong here) in the FA cup final, despite the fact he has been our number 1 for about 6 years and played probably over 200 matches for us, yet I'd say he has faced less penalties than Kelleher and generally would be facing the designated penalty taker, so less likely to save them.

Did I say they arrested everyone?

So you believe the police caught every fella that came up from Liverpool with drugs?

Do you thing the police caught every fella that throw flairs into the disabled section And arrested them?

Do you think the police caught every Liverpool fan that racially abused someone?

Of course you don't but hey just focus it on the opposition supporters chants that may of been a handful or may of been a few hundred or better again let's round it up to a few thousand because it makes us feel better.

So much finger pointing and blaming others it's completely gas and hilarious.

Where did I say anything like that? I just asked do you think the police have the resources to arrest everyone? Why are you adding onto it?

Where did I say they arrested everyone?

If they did the coaches back to Liverpool would of been half empty 😜😜

You were saying the percentage was low for the arrests, all I said do you think they have the resources at football games to arrest a lot of people? Why are you dragging it out to something else ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

Liverpool have been getting away with murder at the back for weeks. Kelleher has been outstanding lately and this has been papering over the cracks. However, on this occasion we didn’t get away with it and shipped four goals (+ plenty of other scorable chances).

We have all been believing the hype that the kids are ready when in reality they are not. Or at least they are not ready all together.

We need Jota, Trent and Konate back pronto plus full fitness for Mo and Szob otherwise we’ll win nothing.

I’m a bit concerned with Robbo’s form/fitness. From a guaranteed 8/10 every game, he’s now only a 6/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Have you ever listened to anything klopp has ever said since 2016? Belief is vital.

The reality is the players you mentioned just aren't available and the games have to be played. The fans not believing in those young players probably would have cost the team victories. That's how you get anybody to over perform, you give them belief to play at their minor.

It future seasons when klopp is gone a couple of months like the last two will probably destroy our season and the lack of belief from the fans will be a contributing factor.

The belief that has run through the fans and the club is unique and special and may not happen again for a long time. No matter who plays we should always try to hang onto and project that belief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭klose

The whole chanting thing really brings out tribalism, both sets of fans have ****, the retort of ‘“well your fans done it too” doesn’t help the situation, call it what it is and squash it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,551 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Uruguay are leaving Darwin out for their upcoming friendlies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

How does any of that relate to yesterday's game?

That was the strongest line up on paper that we've been able to field in a while.

If anything, the senior players misfired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Are we talking about the flares that were thrown from the away end into the disabled seating section? I'd assume an official complaint will have had to go in about that and the police will surely have to get involved then at least.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

You left out:

A 24 year-old Dutch player on suspicion of loitering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Great. Salah is staying put also I believe.

Anyone know regarding Szoboszlai, Kelleher, Robbo, Virgil, MacAllister, Endo, Diaz, Gakpo, Bradley being called up for their countries ? It would be nice of some players could get a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,535 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

My biggest gripe is how we sent 9 men forward for the last corner with minutes or so left, then left Bradley all alone, Bradley also did so badly in defending, I'd have done better myself. Plus Endo, being Japanese was always going to give Elliott the ball, even though Endo should have claimed it, it's their culture to be polite, to give it to a team mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Obviously we know Kelleher's in the Ireland squad - and alas, every single one of those other names was also called up (pending any late pull-outs based on yesterdays game).

Hard to justify that cock up/ Ball was 99.99999999999999999999% Liverpool's ball, but we didn't win it .

In hindsight, Harvey probably needed to just leave it to Endo - Endo had already won the ball, and was moving into open space, whereas Harvey was moving into bodies. Easy to say after though, it all happened fast.

Yea Endo's ball, Elliott needed to leave it, but Endo is more submissive. Then we have 9 men up there, crazy stuff.

Anyone who throws flares at people is lowlife scum that should be dealt with accordingly.

• Advertisement

i'd missed this earlier... what a weird racial/cultural stereotype to throw out in a completely nonsensical context...

It's not, I recall watching an Air Crash Investigation, where the co pilot was Japanese, he knew what was happening, could have saved the plane, but he stayed silent, the conclusion was he didn't want to take over, or overrule the experienced pilot due to his natural submissive nature as a young Japanese pilot. They really are the nicest people on earth. It was natural for Endo to hold the door for Elliott, to let him go first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

I heard about some old Japanese fella, he took on this American kid as his understudy as somewhat.

Old guy was quite ignorant, rude, not submissive at all.

Some say, this old stubborn Japanese guy saved this kid in a meaningful way and gave some direction to this young non Japanese teenager.

In the end though, the kid won the All Valley Karate competition defeating his nemesis Johnny.

Stories eh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Damien360

That episode was a Korean co-pilot and the pilot was a ex military Korean senior instructor. Either way it's a generalisation but as most of us know your posting style, I wouldn't see any malice in what you originally posted at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Comparing a novice pilot in a doomed aircraft to Endo on a football pitch?

We've descended into real wtf territory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭Talisman

Maybe tomorrow ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

Endo is not a sub he is a dm.

One small win in the international break is that Colombia will play their friendly games in Madrid and France, not South America.

Argentina are playing their games in USA. Nunez isn't playing with Uruguay, and Salah is not playing with Egypt.

Does that mean that all other games are Europe based, apart from Endo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,551 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Think so, yeah

Elliott and Quansah are with the U21s going to Azerbaijan first, but home second. Still technically Europe, but a bit of travel for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,983 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Surprised Elliott is still yet to get a senior squad call up.

Actually, speaking of Elliott. I wonder will he get a nomination for YPOTY?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,422 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Himself, Manioo, Udogie, Cole Palmer I'd think but Palmer will walk that.

I'd also think that the YPOTY should exclude anyone with 25+ appearances in the PL in the previous two years. It's a bit mad you could have someone who's 23 and played over 200 games for their club nominated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

• Advertisement
Advertisement