Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭con747

….

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭Enzokk

I also find it a little hard to understand the uproar about the season ticket price rises. If you explain to me why something happens and I find it credible then I easily accept it. Costs have gone up in regards to opening the stadium for matches, i.e. salaries and other costs due to inflation. I bet you if the club decided to not give higher payment to stewards or those working at the club during matchdays these same jokers would be up in arms that they club should pay people properly.

Basically my problem with these type of protests, they hurt the team on the field when what they are protesting is not justified. I see Jay McKenna had a thread trying to justify it by saying that because there are numerous foodbanks in use the price rise should not happen. That is conflating 2 issues to try and justify their decision. The only people they are representing with this are the season ticket holders and they are a minority when you look at the club as a whole. An important part, but not the whole of the supporters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭decies

I know it’s a timing issue on both side of the argument but maybe not the best to be having a protest in a massive few weeks for the club . Klopp doesn’t need distractions of this in a presser conference the players themselves don’t need it either. Hoping for tie defining result tonight coupled with some changes . Lot lot at stake now going forward .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭decies

15 ambulances and 4 a+e are on standby later as he cuts the cake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,521 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I can't see us absolutely battering Atalanta (not without Jota and a Salah on top form).

A 2/3 goal lead would take so much pressure off the return tie for sure but just can't see it going that way.

I hope I've jinxed it

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭boosabum

With respect to ticket price increases, there is a sense that prices are already over inflated and add a low percentage on is still excessive. In the grand scheme, club won't make much extra but it's seen as the ever eroding nature against the customer as opposed the life long fan. For people making one or two trips over a year, it's insignificant. For season ticket holders it's just more and more expensive upon them that compound's bad kick off times for away games as well as travel difficulties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,983 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Losing it that they've posted this as a highlight when it's just a clip of Diaz being fouled and the ref ignoring it 😆

I was furious looking at that but I was furious for most of the game.

On what planet do you get to grip someone's torso like that with both hands if you aren't about to go for a cheeky score?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭steve_r

It's interesting to see the conversation on Reddit where the likes of SOS are described as more of a season ticket holders union rather than a supporters group.

It brings up that "local fan" vs "foreign fan" debate and I always feel that there is an element of the locals looking down their noses at the people traveling to see the matches. There's also an element of gouging that goes on with the resale of tickets, and that money doesn't go to the club.

I'd love to go to more games, but the reality is that its a challenge to get tickets in the first place, and then the other option is an expensive hospitality ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭McFly85

For PL clubs that have no problem selling out matches, are season tickets even a good model anymore?

There’s plenty of lads in Liverpool that have multiple season tickets and have been selling them off for games as a handy earner(don’t know if this is still possible tbh).

There’s also the other issues it causes, having an ageing crowd take the seats, stopping young lads from getting to go see their team.

There’s probably no perfect model but allowing everyone to just bid for home games from their LFC account, with some priority for locals, and big matches having additional priority for people who’ve bought most tickets that season would at least give people a better chance, make the crowd more varied and reduce touting.

I would imagine there’d be huge pushback from supporters clubs about it not being a local enterprise anymore, but could be better for the club in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

A lot of season ticket holders being the actual touts is a massive elephant in the room when it comes to ticketing at Anfield.

When a member sells their ticket back to the club for re-sale or forwards it onto their friend, they lose that credit for that game. When a season ticket holder distributes a ticket back to the club for re-sale or forwards it onto their friend, they don't have any repercussions regarding credits etc.

It's becoming a closed shop with the larger number of 13+ credits nowadays and the difficulty in getting past the 4+ credit stage so you're reset at 0. The bots are scraping up any remaining tickets that are sent back to the club, and/or in the additional sales held closer to the game. I suspect that a lot of people are creating new accounts in each sale, for one game only, just so that they gain the ability to buy a ticket from someone selling (maybe a friend of a friend with excess credits) and then forwarding that ticket (and credit) back to their own main account to gain the credits and race up the ladder to 4/7/13 credits and thus locking others out of sales, but keeping themselves in.

My credits from this season will count towards nothing next season, but someone who has created 5 new accounts in the last month alone will jump ahead of me in 2 ballots next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭steve_r

There's a massive demand for a small supply there's a big economic benefit for people who can resell Season tickets.

It seems to be far easier for the likes of United fans/others to get tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

A club exists for the benefit of its members, not for the enrichment of investors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,251 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Kelleher

Gomez Konate VVD Tsimikas

Endo Mac Jones

Elliott Gakpo Nunez

Tonight's rumoured lineup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭Enzokk

I agree, but who are the members and how much should the club be tailored to them? We can go down the rabbit hole of who and what is important, but the facts are the current Liverpool owners are not taking money out of the club as far as I know and the club itself made a loss of £9m on the last accounts.

SOS and the other fan unions can shout about a 2% increase, but half of the membership had a meltdown when they thought we would not be challenging this year and we were not spending enough. They will say the owners needs to put their hands in their pockets and put their money where their mouths are, and I could say the same to them when it comes to paying for their tickets. Record revenues and we are still losing money seems like a problem, right?

What I find interesting in this debate is that fans will use other clubs as a stick to beat our owners with. So when this is discussed Tottenham removing the senior discount and City recording record profits but putting up prices by 5% to 11% is somehow justification for opposing our clubs 2% increase. They have said why they are increasing prices, operating costs have gone up and prices need to go up. I don't like it, but I understand it.

At the very least when the match revenue is such a relatively small component as Rebel said

I thought that too, but I went and had a quick look

Matchday revenue for 22/23 was 80m, 13.5% of the total. That year we made a loss of 9m. Add 2% to the matchday revenue and that becomes a profit of 7m... Edit: no no no, brainfart, thanks TitianGerm 🤣

So it's not quite as insignificant as I (and I'm guessing you) first assumed

I think 2% is a pretty fair rise, especially after they froze prices for 5 years before last year. I do understand people being annoyed, but I don't personally see it as worth protesting over

Post edited by Electric Nitwit on

Yeah, the ticket allocation for members encourages a secondary market, albeit usually within a certain group. I've a friend with 13+ who buys every ticket but he only goes to a handful himself. I'm lucky that I benefit from this, there's half a dozen or so of us that spilt them. I know I'm being hypocritical, but I think what he does is wrong, but the system means there's no way for him to drop down to only buying for the matches he attends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

2% of 80m is 1.2m. So we'd have made a loss of 7.8m instead of 9m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,306 ✭✭✭✭rob316

On the ticket prices its only 2% but the reverse of that is whats 2% of maybe a 100m for the club?

I dont agree with Spion Kop stance tonight but again I'm not a local match going fan so won't be passing judgement.

Yep, you're right! Wow, that was some horrific maths, oops 😬

(I've got a maths degree and everything, the shame...)

We won't tell anyone you multiplied by 0.2 instead of 0.02 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,540 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

..🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Steviemak7

Matchday revenue includes more than gate receipts. It's all the hospitality too. So it's 2% of a figure much less than £80m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,540 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ah but I'm sure that end of it too would naturally go up, probably more than 2%, and rightly so considering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,251 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Jota and Trent on bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Some bench

Wouldn't mind Macca getting a night off soon

Hopefully we can do big damage tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,306 ✭✭✭✭rob316

So good having jota back for the run in, at the time that injury looked a season ender. We have badly missed his finishing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭Xander10

True, but i am nervous of him keeping injury free until the end of the season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Robert2014

Is Konate not a first choice centre half? Dont understand why he starts if he cannot now start the weekend. Surely we want him playing weekends and Quansah midweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Damien360

Bloody lucky. Shocking defending, some save

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,111 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Kelleher saving face there… heh…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭klose

Definitely a foul on Elliot in the build up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

Good start from Gakpo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭tinpib

Wow, another Alisson-esque save from Kelleher, brilliant stuff.

2 really good mazy runs. He's definitely up for it this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

That is the proper way to play advantage if that was an English ref the free kick would not have been awarded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Where have they been hiding this version of Gakpo all season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,111 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

What a bench, incredible.

Need to be switched on at the back here though, De Ketelaere and Scamacca are decent quality forwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Gakpo some lad, the way he uses his strength to hold onto the ball and get out of a tight space is incredible.

Gakpo was playing like this earlier in the season once he was moved out of midfield before he lost his form but when he plays like this he's great.

Jones taking to much out of the ball so far. He's always like this after coming back from injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Seem incapable of starting games well these days. Always slow out of the blocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Some lads out there not quite switched on to say the least. Lackadaisical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Ah here.....Darwin

That gets worse on replay

• Advertisement

Ahhh snatching at it

He should have taken an extra touch and hit it with his left foot to open the angle more.

Terrible miss. Not clinical at all and hasn't improved all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I've been a big supporter of all things Nunez but he's really pissing me off lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Infoseeker1975

Gapko has been brilliant so far, very disjointed with the changes, poor from Nunez as the keeper went to ground early so could have rounded him

• Advertisement
Advertisement