Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭giveitholly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭giveitholly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,546 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Enzokk

We were going to run into problems whether Klopp announced he was leaving or not. Our injuries and schedule has contributed to the current position we find ourselves in, not Klopp making the announcement. Klopp's announcement did not mean Jota, Trent, Alison, Szoboslai, Jones and Robertson got injured and is only coming back up to speed slowly at the end of a hectic season.

It is great to have those players back, but they were really needed to jump back in at 100% to replace the players who has been doing a stellar job in their absence. But that is not realistic and does not work that way. Anyone thinking Klopp saying he is leaving has more of an effect than our injuries and heavy schedule is just looking for clicks or they are paid to say something and the truth is not really going to attract attention.

Just thinking about it, it may explain why Nunez and Diaz are looking tired. They have had to carry a lot of our attack with Jota, Salah and Gakpo out for times this season. Add in Diaz was injured earlier as well, it really is amazing that we are still within 2 points of the top of the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Oh dear god. Can admins start screening **** like above before they post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭klose

I see Nacho from Real Madrid announced he wants to leave so is available on a “free” in the summer, now that would be a shrewd signing for Liverpool, vastly experienced and covers a lot of positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭The Moist Buddha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Augme

He's 34. Given the money he'll want, really cant see that happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭mormank

Wow I thought I was self conscious but you actually just offered up probably the most outrageous reason for not wanting to win a trophy I have ever heard… "People will slag us if we win the Europa so better to not". that's crazy dude!

Europa league final in Dublin as the last match of the season is roughly about 1000x better as a send off for Klopp than a league cup final in February followed by 3 months of misery.

• Advertisement

I feel like every year for the past decade or so about this time of the year I have been reading posts like this talking about how well we have handled our injury crisis that year…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Anyone who thinks the League Cup is better than the Europa can't be taken seriously.

Literally no-one cares about the league Cup.

I'm sure Klopp would have much rather add the Europa League in Dublin as his final game instead of winning a league Cup back in February .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,189 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

it happens every week or so for about the last 18-24 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭ratracer

Jeez, just cos you like Richard! It’s ok 😜

A 34 year old Nacho is best left alone.

What an ambiguous post, saying a lot without saying anything really.🙂

• Advertisement

I see Pep has complained about having to play Wednesday and then again Saturday. Poor City, having to play 3 days after a European match. I can see why they are tired, it must be tough having to play 3 days after playing in midweek. It really is unfair on them that they had to endure that. I hope he gets justice and they get favourable spread of matches from here on in. It really is unfair to expect a team to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭decies

no help from wolves . Wolves 0 Arsenal 2 FT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

We have to help ourselves first by trying to beat Fulham tomorrow! Realistically I think it's between City and Arsenal, can't see us staying in contention with the way we are playing.

whatever happens I think it’s important that we finish very strongly in our last 6 games , more implosion will just lead to further question’s especially regarding next season .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

I don't see how that's the case. Players look weary, lethargic after fighting on 4 fronts this season. New manager, new signings, new approach - I expect next season will be very different. It might not be successful but how we finish this season won't impact. Unless you're suggesting we won't make the CL, which is nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Bar that chance in the first half. Arsenal kept Wovles at arms length and could have won it by more. They looked very compact and you knew they would grind out a result…

Those are the type of performances we need to give between now and the end of the season, give up very little and get a result. The most average of offences have carved us open lately and that must stop.

you don’t know how next year is going to be more than me . Arsenal got the job done tonight after recent disappointments . We are starting to fall into the trap ah sure we are just tired , successful teams have to play a lot of games it’s always being that way . As regard finishing the season well it’s also important on how we look at players going forward into next season . Are some of them now especially in new midfield not as good as we thought they are ? Huge decisions on the horizon for new manager if new signings needed have no doubt some will have to be sold and maybe not the obvious ones . Looking for a W tomorrow now and take it from there .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

That's pretty much exactly what I said - next year is completely different. New start, slate wiped clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Klopp needs to freshen things up today and not leave it too late to introduce all 5 subs available to him today, to keep the energy levels up. A few question marks over who will start today for different reasons, can Trent start today as just back and not really match fit, Konate will probably be rested, Mac Allister needs a rest ( but, can we afford to?). Don't think Jota is ready to start, but, obviously can come on for last 25/30 Mins. Nunez, Szobo and Gravenberch shouldn't start and probably not come on ( maybe Nunez for last 10 mins?). Gapko and Elliott should both start, Endo should come back in.

Might need to look at playing some of the younger players at some stage today like Clark, McConnell and Danns. Depending on how the game is going, I'd risk having 4 subs on by the 60/65 min mark to keep the team fresh, holding the last sub until 10 Mins to go in case of injuries. Any kind of win today might get us back on track, but, not expecting anything more than a point tbh, which is a shame as City looked tired yesterday and think they might drop points in the run in, but, don't think we'll be able to take advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

massive game today and in fairness Arsenal got job done yesterday.

Still think this race isn’t over yet.

Elliot to start for me and jota if able.

Come on the reds

True. I guess it was ambiguous but I was really just saying what I was saying. I do feel that way, don't you? Maybe it's to do with how Klopp likes a tightknit squad on the smaller side of things. Or maybe it's to do with how we needed to explain away our failures each year.

Klopp's tenure has been the best of my lifetime hands down but he basically just won everything once in 9 years and the one I think we were all waiting for happened behind closed doors so may as well have not happened for all intents and purposes.

I know what he has been up against so this is not a slight on him, more on football itself I think. It's boring when 1 team just wins the league each year which has been happening in more and more leagues throughout Europe the past couple decades but only really started happening in the PL since city and their wall of money. Something has to give in football surely, the monopolies on the leagues can't be allowed to continue indefinitely surely. It just makes it boring and football is supposed to be entertainment at the end of the day.

Don't kid yourself, it's between city and city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭jones

Agree with above, i think Elliott and gakpo need to start. Szobo needs benching he just hasn't been on form for far too long and it doesn't look like he'll play his way back in. Nunez also on the bench but should make an appearance. Salah has been garbage too but probably has to start given the lack of options.

Today feels like a huge day and something tells me we won't win 😭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'd go with Alisson, TAA, Konate, VVD, Robbo, Endo, Mac Allister, Elliot, Diaz (RW), Nunez, Gakpo.

Then Jota and Salah early in the second half if we aren't playing well up front.

• Advertisement

Apparently Salah is benched and Trent starts again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Trent got a decent half in him on Thursday.

Makes sense he'd start again imo.

Id probably like to see Salah Jota and Gakpo start but can kind of understand if Mo is benched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,264 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Rumours that VVD and Alexis not starting either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭antimatterx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,983 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Like most I'm just hoping for a strong finish to the season, feels like we've been saying that for a few weeks now though as the poor performances continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Thud

turnaround starts today! big statement win needed

Liverpool have hit the wood work 21 times this season, far more than anyone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭antimatterx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Yeah, but 19 of them were Darwin against Chelsea. Give or take

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,264 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭klose

Changes were needed tbf, big chance for the lads today on the fringes.

Looking a bit into the future here but that was a big win for Everton. Some breathing space over Forest now. Forest are in a 6 pointer next weekend with Sheffield United while Everton are at home to Brentford which could be winnable. Everton might rotate midweek and target that Brentford game.

We have to go and win today away at a Marco Silva team. Something Klopp has never done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,714 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Given that 3 stonewall penalties weren't awarded to Forest, all Everton had to do was turn up. VAR gifted them that game, they weren't exactly amazing. We should be beating them regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Would be very pleasantly surprised if we pick up 3 points today. That midfield could be very ropey away to a decent side like Fulham. At least there are good options off the bench as long as we're still in the game by then.

• Advertisement

Also something that has to be said, before the result dictates it, but I'm supportive of the changes Klopp has made. Salah Szoboszlai etc deserve to lose their starting spot. MacAllister is one that unfortunately needed to be rested and that's the one really that is somewhat annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Well. Can’t be any worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Jesus, Grav

Still can't put the easy ones away, here we go again

What a ball Trent.

He's only played 70ish minutes since coming back but he's probably the only one that has come back with any sort of form.

• Advertisement
Advertisement