Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I reckon we probably will.

Happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Salah will be moving on I'd say. All good things come to an end.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Re the spat with Salah and Klopp, I quite liked the manner in which Nunez came in and tried pushing Salah away and telling him to calm the fúck down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

I think you're probably right, we'll probably never really know, but, the team hasn't been right since and neither has Klopp, he's like a broken man since.

Id say so.

Im just not sure 150m last summer would have replaced Mo's 36 goal contributions this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Tommysocks11

How the hell did we end up drawing that game, should have won it around 4-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Like, seriously.

Taylor has stopped open play, for no apparent reason, and decided himself to call a physio over just as Gakpo is about to score.

That's not normal behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭Talisman

7 days to prepare for the next fixture, that's a bit of a novelty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

It probably won't be discussed on Sky Sports either.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

PGMOL have apparently said Taylor was playing advantage for a foul on the keeper, and when Gakpo ran at him there was no more advantage so he blew it up. Hmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,552 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

People need to decide, that the officials have the mental capacity of a 5-7 year old, or they have an agenda, as there as 8-10 year olds screaming at the TV at their decisions. And I find it hard to believe they have risen to where they are if they were as intelligent as a 5 year old, so it must be that they have an agenda

• Registered Users Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I assume we'll see some footage to demonstrate what Taylor was gesturing for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Sounds like trouble.

I think in these situations, you have to assume that the manager is correct. Seniority and all that.

Unless Klopp literally told him he's an overrated donkey of a player, or has been abusive towards him, then Salah needs to shut the fúck up.

Legend or not, keep it in-house. No need to stoke anything publicly.

Sad to see.

Yup.

Klopp handled it properly in the presser "We talked, it's done".

Salah needs to watch himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Tommysocks11

Piss off salah to Saudi, Liverpool made u and adored u and this is how u repay us by publicly arguing with the manager, especially when ur playing pure crop for weeks now, cash him in and free up funds please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Augme

Salah might just be purposely ensuring he gets a move this summer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

More goin on than we know

Alright relax.

He's still the main reason we are in 3rd.

36 goal assists. A CL, a Title and loads.of cups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

After Klopp buried it like this, it's very stupid from Salah to re-ignite the issue again. Klopp protecting his players while Salah gets a bit of a hidden dig in against his manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Enzokk

My guess would be that Salah is frustrated with both his form and the teams performance the past few weeks. This led to the incident on the sideline and what is ongoing now.

I think we can all agree, his own form has not been great but some of the chances we spurned from the FA Cup QF may have led to this. At least I think he feels that way.

Ah look he can't be happy with the chances others have botched all season.

He was carrying us until January.

That being said, would have liked to see some of this "fire" Mo speaks off over the last month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭facehugger99

When even Nunez is concerned at the amount of chaos, it’s time to worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

He's acting like a clown. He's been rubbish lately - for a good stretch - and this is petulance at being benched. People can say it's because of recent form, team being poor etc. but today's nonsense is because he was benched.

Tough. He's been awful lately and deserved bench.

Love the man but that is unbelievably disrespectful to Klopp.

Those 2 commentators on TNT were absolute shams particularly McCoist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭antimatterx

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Given the quality of commentators is fairly bad all round. McCoist isn't half bad.

Yeah like McCoist myself

• Advertisement

Carra has posited Mo might have taken too long to get ready to come on?

Were ye actually listening to the commentators? As anti Liverpool as it goes McCoist is a wanker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The Salah/Klopp thing is a microcosm of how precarious things can be for a manager, and how much 'managing' needs to be done.

That spat does not happen if Klopp isn’t going, or if we haven't failed in the run-in.

Klopp doesn't bench him twice in three games, and take him off early in the other, if he's not leaving, and doesn't have to care about superstars anymore.

In that spat, there's a little bit of 'I don't give a fùck anymore' from both of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭klose

The Salah thing coupled with Klopp alluding the FA cup loss to united twice effecting performances, can’t help but think something fairly major has gone on behind the scenes here, there’s fatigue/drops in form but we have been quite frankly shocking since then. It will be interesting to see this behind the scenes documentary they’re filming when it comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

This was suggested somewhere a week ago or so, and the more it goes on, it certainly looks like it.

The body language in the group is way different than it was before, everyone with hunched shoulders, tense and top of all not performing. It might be seeing something that's not there, but really fallen off a cliff since then. I is no angel, he's often huffed and thrown the toys when he was taken off and things didn't go his way, I suppose we've been lucky in that things have generally gone his way since he came to Liverpool. On the face of it though, he's bang out of order in this row. Regardless of Klopp going or not, players should have their own standards to maintain, even if there is nobody looking. Acting up like that is just being sh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Enzokk

The line between winning and losing is so close at the highest level. The smallest thing can derail a season or performance, you think it shouldn't but it does. That match against United broke something, maybe it was just our momentum and feel good feelings that pushed our performances for so long.

I hate going back on referee calls but the non-penalty call against City was huge as well. That could have been 2 extra points and it changes the dynamic for our matches after that. I still think we run out of energy, but this season will be one, another one, of what could have been. But we are very well placed still, finances look strong and the team is in a better position than it was 12 months ago so its not all bad, even if it feels like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

🤔🤔

Still wondering about this offside, he looks way off, but that shoulder and toe of the WH player

Seems Klopp wanted more than just a quick slap of the hand from Salah

It's crazy that the squad seemed in such good spirits around the Carling cup final. The youth were joining in an impressing and we won a trophy. Surely that would have been enough to keep the spirits up even if they results and performances were not ideal.

It feels like it's all crumbling down and it's so disappointing for Klopp to go out this way.

I think we miss Milner. I wonder is there a bit too much emotion in the squad and not enough stoicism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Salah would want to cop on, throwing a hissy fit because he was dropped(deservedly).

Salah has credit in the bank but Klopp is the IMF.

That's relatively small beans in the scheme of things.

I'm sure Mo wanted to come on earlier but he can't complain.

Id probably rather Mo on the pitch just standing in the middle hoping a chance falls for him if Jota isn't around but whatever, don't matter now

Comical, Taylor calling for the stretcher because the goalkeepers socks needed adjusting.

This league is a laughing stock, again it was about preventing Liverpool winning the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,556 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

That's an interesting point about Milner. He and/or Henderson may well have kept the standards/optimism/desire up in the last couple of weeks. As amazing a player as VVD is, I don't see him being the sort of captain to lift players out of a rut

I think they might have good at the "eyes on the prize" stuff. The British Stiff Upper Lip, Once More Into The Breach that people make fun of but has it's place imo.

VVD is a good player but I'm not sure he is a wartime consiglieri.

I actually think Salah and Nunez would have ripped WH apart today. Salah for me plays when fit, he has earned that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭decies

I’d keep Salah on bench for all remaining matches now . The title is well gone so the child sits .

Target now is 84 pts, and hopefully second place, so that when City get their 500 pt deduction, it's another title in spirit is nothing else.

Hope Arsenal lose now

I think Arsenal lose tomorrow, just to rub in the fact we've dropped 8pts in last 2 weeks, and come tomorrow we're still only 2pts off top of table……………..until the cheaters play…….

Hes in our top 3/4 players this season and certainly are biggest goal and assist contributor.

Not to mention he is also an asset we may want to maximize the value of in any summer sale.

• Advertisement
Advertisement