Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭SM01

Scorcher!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,774 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I didn’t expect that from Elliot . Fantastic strike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,153 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It's really looking like Ange is a bit of a 'vibes man' style manager. Can get a great mood going that carries you a bit, but seems really poor tactically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Here comes Joe…..

It’s gonna happen. Never been so sure.

Lovely to see Bajcetic back as well too, what an awful year for that kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Gomez caught out for the goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,553 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Crazy you can be 4 foot offside, but then be the one tapping it into the net from the crosser who was not off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'd have no major complaints if Darwin stuck the head on Richarlison.

• Advertisement

Spurs were 3rd in form table a point behind City, before this 4 game losing run. . Just need City to do the same now

Looked off from the pass

No goal I hope

Jeysus… that's awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,774 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

4-2 now . What the ****

Have to say, changing up so much of the midfield for two young players with that much of the game left looks a mistake…

And a huge miss from Mo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Totally lost the midfield

It's good fun in fairness

Goal aside, Mo's been really poor today. Keeps losing the ball, missing his passes, has missed a few big chances, and constantly offside when he has no need to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I hope the new manager has a plan to fix the gaping hole in our defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

We have the technology

• Advertisement

Ha, nice, some Origi chants

Just go around him Nunez

Geez

People who never learn are so frustrating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Nunez is unique

Ah Darwin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bajecitic has filled out a lot since last year. Great to see him back got and hopefully gets plenty of game time next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Crazy game as always seems to be with us but win will do

Keeping them honest if nothing else. Would love to finish within 5, knowing we were robbed of 5pts fact!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭decies

Job done air of preseason friendly about the whole game , two more games and start of new era .

Finish by Robertson was cool, just slide it in where the keeper is not, Nunez would have blasted it at keeper 😌

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Enzokk

I think we were very good until the 4th goal, obviously, but the changes of taking off Robertson and Endo and bringing on Bajcetic changed the control we had in the middle and taking off Mac Allister 10 minutes later led to even more dysfunction with two 21 year olds and a 19 year old in the middle. Add in the changes Tottenham made it meant we lost control until Elliott went off. This is not to say I did not agree with the changes, just interesting how our changes along with Spurs making theirs meant the match was totally different. If we were still in with a shot of the title I don't think those changes are made at that time.

But those players, if they continue developing, could be part of our future so not angry that they were thrown in at the same time. It is all a learning experience and very good to have them on the field as it adds depth that is needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

We'd happily swap you for Nunez in this thread.

(I'm editing this to say I shouldn't be at this type of nonsense at this stage of the season)

… We'd swap you for no one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭Talisman

On the evidence of today, Bajcetic would be best served playing for the under 21s for the remainder of the season. He's too far off the pace of the Premier League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Benitez or Houllier? Who was more successful?

Sky where doing a thing earlier and comparing Klopps record amongst former Liverpool managers. So you had Shankly, Paisley, Dalgleish and Houllier but no mention of Benitez.

Don't get me wrong I thought that treble season was fantastic but the CL win And FA cup win the following season was magical.

Who's managerial career at Liverpool was better?

oh yeah, Rafa hands down for me. Won the biggest prize in club football. The Houllier treble season was really fun, but with the Champions League win, loads of amazing European nights, and the league push in 08/09 we felt a lot more genuinely relevant under Rafa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Probably,, considering there's two games left and he won't get any time with main team anyway…

Benitez without doubt was the better manager and also more successful. The club was a shambles when Benitez arrived and against the odds he delivered the Champions League in his first season. His team continued to compete despite all the shite that was going on behind the scenes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Enzokk

But the under 21's seemingly only has one game left, and this was his first match for the first team for a 19 year old this season. Yes he was rusty and as I mentioned we lost control when he was on, but he also did some very good things. I don't know what use he would have with the under 21s when he is obviously good enough to be with the first team. We are third and will finish there unless something spectacular happens with Arsenal or City. So no harm getting him some minutes I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Augme

Bajcetic should feature in every game in the PL to get some much needed time on the pitch. Ideally he'll start the last game of the season.

My point is that there is nothing to be gained by throwing him straight back in at Premier League level. He only began training with the group a few weeks ago because the medical staff were concerned that the stress fractures in his leg might re-occur. It's better to let him play at the under age level to build his fitness and ensure that the bone is fully healed than put his future at risk for the sake of seeing him back on the pitch before Klopp leaves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Benitez, not close

Two CL finals, a title challenge that went down to the final week of the season

Houllier had the treble season but we were never a top side under him. Sure, lost that squeaker against Leverkusen and finished second but sure Phil Thompson managed the team for 5 months of that season.

It’s frankly silly to suggest Houllier was superior,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭dogbert27

If you were to just look at trophies:

Houllier: 1 FA Cup, 2 League Cups, 1 UEFA Cup, 1 Super Cup, 1 Community Shield - 6

Benitez: 1 FA Cup, 1 Champions League, 1 Super Cup, 1 Community Shield - 4

But as you said there was more to the Benitez era. Second Champions League Final, Champions League Semi Final, Champions League Quarter Final and in his final poor season still got to Europa League semi-final.

Do to performances in Europe Liverpool were the number 1 team on the UEFA coefficient.

I think Benitez took at pragmatic approach and never gave the League Cup a priority after getting to the final in his first season.

Similarly with the FA Cup after winning it. Priority was the League and Europe.

The 08/09 season was a great run.

I loved the treble winning season with Houllier but tactically Benitez was ahead of him and I think put Liverpool back on the map as a club to be respected again across Europe.

Houllier's downfall for me was letting Fowler go, not signing Anelka and then signing Diouf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

it’s great to win trophies. But one champions league or one premier league trumps any number of the others.

We've so many more midfielders likely to be in and around the 1st team next season tho.

Can't really see Bajetic getting a look in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

From what I've seen of Bajetic last season and Gravenberch this season. Bajetic is a better player, he's better on the ball, better in the tackle and has a far better passing range.

If Slot sticks with his double pivot in front of the back 4, I can see Bajetic playing a part throughout the season.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Both gave us great experiences, but for me it's Rafa just for the many times we got one over on money bags Chelsea and the rivalry with Mourinho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭klose

Nunez has deleted all Liverpool related posts off his instagram, wonder what’s going on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

He's probably getting tonnes of abuse off Liverpool keyboard warriors and is sick of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭klose

Yeah that’s likely it, mad how people directly abuse him on social media, lads with nothing better to be doing with their time.

We're entering the season of speculation, where any little thing will be amplified in significance for the sole purpose of generating headlines.

Perhaps Nunez is finally getting wise to the fact that are trolls online who make it their crusade to abuse people such as himself for not being perfect in their eyes.

Of course he could just be fueling the rumours that the club want to cash in on him to finance Arne Slot's forthcoming spending spree.

Role on silly season …

Whilst not being impressed with Grav, I've a very small sample size of Bajetic games when all around him was essentially on fire.

Then there is the issue that many others feel we need another number 6 (nevermind what Slot thinks).

I think we've all way overblown Bajetic's relative ceiling and/or impact based on that terrible spell where he got game time and partly because we all want players to graduate from youth.

We shall see though

• Advertisement
Advertisement