Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

How did Thiago play lads?

Excellent. Bossed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Capturekhfd.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

How did Thiago play lads?

Best game for us so far, destroyed their midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

6 wrote: »
    Excellent. Bossed it

But but but I thought he was a waste of money and didn't fit into this team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

SlickRic wrote: »
    I see many online blaming no Maguire for Utd's shít defence.

I can't even...

Every single defender they started tonight cost more than our entire back 4 combined :D

QIb3sWw.png
    5Vwl6qa.png
    7p8RweB.png
    qdbxcW0.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Just thinking back to the block from the lads against greenwood from 2 yards out... Absolutely pivotal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Sky keep harping on about United missing Maguire, while we plod along with what's probably our 5th and 7th choice CBs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I know Salah is clearly our POTY and deservedly so (Fabinho is worth a mention too of course), but Nat Phillips simply has to be the fans’ POTY. He’s limited, but it’s very difficult to buy or replace the kind of effort he gives when he wears the Liverpool shirt.

He fully deserves to be kept in the squad next season, he’s definitely got a part to play and there are games against strong, slow attacks that will actually suit him better than Gomez or Matip. I also fully understand him moving on too though, and starting every week for a lower-level Premier League club like Burnley or Norwich, and I’d wish him all the best if he chose that path.

He deserves immense praise though, and I’m genuinely happy for the lad. A huge win at Old Trafford in a must-win game, and Nat Phillips is the man of the hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Fabinho's interception before Jones lays it to Salah for the 4th - crucial

If Fab isnt there in midfield to make that happen things tend to go wrong in those situations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

.red. wrote: »
    Sky keep harping on about United missing Maguire, while we plod along with what's probably our 5th and 7th choice CBs.

Honestly, everyone has just forgotten.

The world could get a shock when we've a semi-normal defence again, plus maybe even our captain back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Not sure what that's about, did united player brush him off, or did mane leave klopp hanging

https://twitter.com/stuart_rodwell/status/1392953581158993920

But but but I thought he was a waste of money and didn't fit into this team

He'll be like a new signing next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

martyos121 wrote: »
    I know Salah is clearly our POTY and deservedly so (Fabinho is worth a mention too of course), but Nat Phillips simply has to be the fans’ POTY. He’s limited, but it’s very difficult to buy or replace the kind of effort he gives when he wears the Liverpool shirt.

He fully deserves to be kept in the squad next season, he’s definitely got a part to play and there are games against strong, slow attacks that will actually suit him better than Gomez or Matip. I also fully understand him moving on too though, and starting every week for a lower-level Premier League club like Burnley or Norwich, and I’d wish him all the best if he chose that path.

He deserves immense praise though, and I’m genuinely happy for the lad. A huge win at Old Trafford in a must-win game, and Nat Phillips is the man of the hour.

Agreed. Said earlier, his mentality is huge. A few of his more esteemed colleagues could learn a lesson or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭plibige

Great result, but to be fair we can always deliver a great result against the top teams if we click. The next 3 are games on paper we should be winning, but ultimately haven't been all season. I'd be more impressed if we win them three and show true form, than a one off result.

At the end of the day its night like this that make you realise "we still have a great team, just a few cogs in the machine are out of place"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Missed Mane blanking Klopp there until they showed that replay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Didn't realise Mane snubbed Klopp at the whistle.

Bit more passion than he's shown recently. Good to see actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Jota was class, United couldn't deal with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Sadio acting the clown at the final whistle? Didn't see that at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Mane has been absolutely ****e recently.

He hasnt got a leg to stand on being pissed at Klopp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Klopp shrugged it off during post match, every player wants to play all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Still....don't love it.

Klopp has shown plenty of faith (rightly so tho)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Mane will be put in his place or gone...he has been muck.
    But to disrespect your manager, someone like Klopp.
    Strange by Mane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I’d say it’s half frustration at himself too. Knows he’s been ****e this season. Nothing in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Vicxas wrote: »
    Klopp shrugged it off during post match, every player wants to play all the time.

Every player wants to play but blatant disrespect to his manager shouldn't be tolerated. This isn't a kid giving his coach the silent treatment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

I'd sure Klopp will have more harsh words in private

Didn't realise Mane snubbed Klopp at the whistle.

Bit more passion than he's shown recently. Good to see actually.

Nothing good in it IMO.

Sky lads are awful at Maths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

If Leicester lose to Chelsea and Liverpool win their next two games then Liverpool will have a better goal difference by at least 2 going into the last game.

If Leicester lose to Chelsea and Liverpool win their next two games then Liverpool will have a better goal difference by at least 2 going into the last game.

They can't seem to understand it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

If Mane doesn’t sort his head out, cash in on him .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

By the way I'm counting this as another point in the "Fabinho has to play in midfield, I don't care who the CB duo are don't take Fabinho out of the middle" basket.

Our biggest discrepancy between this year and last is our attacking threat.

Despite our travails, we've generally managed to keep things solid enough at the back. The 7 goals conceded against Villa were a bit of an anomaly (and happened with Fabinho in midfield, and our strongest back 4, although Adrian was in goal) and skew things a bit.

The biggest issue has been goals. And you might think "well Fabinho makes us more stable so we can create more chances" but that doesn't really appear to be true either, or at least not the extent that it explains our problems. Our "xG deficit" is something like 12 goals - we've scored 12 fewer goals than our chances would suggest we should have. That's not surprising to anyone who's seen us try to attack for much of the season.

Fabinho being in midfield or defence doesn't explain why our front 4 have had periods where they couldn't score in a brothel.

That's not to say it's not important. It's just more like the difference between 85 and 90 points in an otherwise normal season - for example an extra few points in a couple of tight games against top class oponents. It's working in the margins, at a time when we've been ****ing miles off.

We're looking at finishing at least 30 points behind our total from last season, so any analysis of things that have gone wrong needs to keep that perspective when weighting the relative costs of issues.

Salah and Trent wearing the armband in the same game.

Is that the first time either has worn it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭893bet

Two ****ing grinning idiots. Smiling with stupidity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Sometimes you just don't know what to say :o

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yup.. the only way we’ll be in trouble with GD is if Leicester give Spurs an absolutely unmerciful battering on the last day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

no, didnt Trent wear it in an earlier game this season, mityiland perhaps? Salah got the hump and had a moan in his interview to AS about it if my memory serves me right

Augeo wrote: »
    Nothing good in it IMO.

I'd be the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Trent famously wore it against Midtjylland earlier in the season, when Mo was pissed off not to be given it.

• Advertisement

no, didnt Trent wear it in an earlier game this season, mityiland perhaps? Salah got the hump and had a moan in his interview to AS about it if my memory serves me right

You're right about Trent, forgot about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭plibige

I've had a mad thought all season based on very little, but I think if we hung onto Grujic we'd have had a natural DM and could have gotten away with Fabinho in the back a few more times than we did.

I could be completely over rating Grujic's ability but I really feel that only Henderson and Fabinho can get a hold on the game as proper natural defensive midfielders. If its Wijnaldum, Milner or Thiago at the pivot we just get over run and play far too deep.

I know how mental what I said sounds but its just a notion I can't shift

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Klopp has been very patient with Mane. He was rightfully dropped.

All the front 3 scored. No argument. Big win away from home.

Mane should be furious with no one bar himself.

Hate seeing it.

Ole rested 10 player to hand City the title ,as he saw it more important to beat Liverpool,
    lost both games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

It’s all going to come down to feckin Burnley isn’t it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I forgot about the game, but an unexpected great result. Did Manê throw strop ?

IDEALLY LEICESTER BEAT CHELSEA?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭RonanG86

plibige wrote: »
    I've had a mad thought all season based on very little, but I think if we hung onto Grujic we'd have had a natural DM and could have gotten away with Fabinho in the back a few more times than we did.

I could be completely over rating Grujic's ability but I really feel that only Henderson and Fabinho can get a hold on the game as proper natural defensive midfielders. If its Wijnaldum, Milner or Thiago at the pivot we just get over run and play far too deep.

I know how mental what I said sounds but its just a notion I can't shift

I don't think we had room to register Grujic in the squad.

Obviously, in retrospect it'd have been better to have him in the squad instead of someone like Taku, Origi or Keita who've barely played (likewise, Diego Carlos probably would've been a more useful signing for this season than Jota) but Klopp couldn't have predicted that in September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

What happens if Chelsea win the CL and finish 5th? Doesn’t that mean the team that finished 4th misses out? Or does England get a 5th team? Like when we won in 2005 and ahem Everton didn’t qualify out of the qualifiers….

Sigh, we've been through this many many times, and that's just today

• Advertisement
Advertisement