Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

1159815991600160116021604»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Phew. I'm behind a couple minutes on my dodgy so this has been my favorite post of the day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Shite game, 3 points, we move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

We were poor today. A better team would have taken points off us.

VVD immense again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Now to just match Arsenal and City’s results for the next 32 games and avoid defeat in the four matches against them.

Almost sounds simple on paper.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Good win.

We were fair poor.

Wolves were fair shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Absolute terrible performance. We're lucky we were playing against Wolves.

One of Salahs worst performances in a while. His passing was completely off. Also seemed to lose his pace too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

That last 2 and a half minutes was the most frustrating of the season so far for me. All we had to do was keep the ball for 2.5 minutes and we win the game. Instead we gave the ball away 5 or 6 times in that last 2.5 minutes. So stupid from us tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭giveitholly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Salah was poor today but he has had at least one performance than that for us this season. Can't remember which game I'm thinking of tbh, probably against Notts Forest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Doesn’t appear to rate Endo like Klopp did. I think he would have slowed things down when Soz was taken off.

Being young is a great advantage, since we see the world from a new perspective and we are not afraid to make radical changes - Greta Thunburg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Horrible game, that was a slog, got there in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Im surprised how many blamed Ali for the goal, Konate all day for me.

Robbos tackle was really poor as well tho tbf.

Great to have the points we have but can't shake the feeling we should be on 18 with much, much tougher challenges to come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Given how bad Wolves were when we pressed higher, and how dangerous they could be when we invited them on, Jones was the right call at the time… swapping our AMC for a DM would mean sitting deeper, which is where we struggled most today.

I don't think it's that he doesn't rate Endo, so much as he likes his midfielders to be more front footed - think he's just not much of a one for dedicated DMs full stop. Endo will play plenty though, played very well during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I feel like Endo might be a “closer” for Slot, brought on to see out a narrow lead in tight, difficult games.

More of a baseball term of course, but it’s not an uncommon squad role in football these days. John Obi Mikel was probably one of the best at it but there’s been a fair few over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Feel like we got away with one today,Wolves pretty good for 30 min,considering the illness ,we were sh1te at the same time,Mo brutal again 3/6 this season where he should be subbed off at 60/70 mins,shades of the NF performance from the 1st minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭ratracer

I’d definitely put that on Ali, he made a move to come for it, Ibou shielded the ball, then Ali changed his mind.

But all worked out well in the end thankfully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Yeah definitely one of those games you’ll quickly forget, however winning away from home and not playing well is always welcome and a necessity for teams looking to challenge for honours.

In terms of raw numbers we are both best attack and defending team in the league so far, very early days and relatively poor opposition played but it’s as good a start you could have hoped for for Slot coming in post Klopp. This team can play very well, consistency is obviously an issue so far but that will come all going well.

Some areas of concern, midfielder light no doubt and left back looks like it could become an issue too, but all in all, we are in good shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Could be 18, but the way I look at it, Forrest were unbelievable in their set up that day and everything they did, worked to a T. They were comfortably the best side, performance wise, that we have played this season. We are going well, but outside of Forrest we have played some awful teams.

Some huge games coming up, and we have to take 3 points against Palace next weekend. Another performance like today won't cut it at Selhurst I feel.

Advertisement