Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Sometimes you just don't know what to say :o

giphy.gif

It's not malicous, so it's not a yellow. But it's a definite free in on the edge of the area. Ref bottling that is terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

IDEALLY LEICESTER BEAT CHELSEA?????

Yup. If Leicester beat Chelsea - or even draw with them - then winning all 3 games guarantees top 4, without worrying about goal difference.

Leicester beating Chelsea also means we could even draw a game and still potentially get it - pending goal difference on the last day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭Speak Now

IDEALLY LEICESTER BEAT CHELSEA?????

Ideally we beat West Brom and Burnley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,619 ✭✭✭eigrod

Hopefully the cup final will go to extra time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Speak Now wrote: »
    Ideally we beat West Brom and Burnley.

Exactly,let's worry about West brom first,Big Sam would love to do another number on us. Burnley will also be a tough tough game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

If anyone knows a thing or two about displaying emotion it's Klopp. I'm sure he will deal with it in his own way.

What a win, delighted and could be the boost needed for the next few games. But, it's a big ask and we can only hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

KevRossi wrote: »
    It's not malicous, so it's not a yellow. But it's a definite free in on the edge of the area. Ref bottling that is terrible.

Might have been difficult not to send him off for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity, as I don’t think anyone was there to cover, and Mane would’ve been running clean through.

Would’ve been like the David Luiz one earlier this season where his knees accidentally tapped the player from behind - still sent off.

But whatever it was, it definitely wasn’t nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

KevRossi wrote: »

Bollox..he slipped then pulled him down.
    Yellow all day..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That was gas. Went to Old Trafford and were like... "gimme them points" and they were like "no, absolutely not" and then we just took the points and big game Bruno was rolling around the ground, mad confused.
    Love taking 3 points off the saps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭Augme

Should Mane have blanked jurgen? Nope. But I'd much rather see that kind of reaction than Hazards. He's had a frustrating year and struggled with form and he's still dying to play. Those are the kind of characters you want in your team.

30th goal of the season for Mo, some man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Sigh, we've been through this many many times, and that's just today

Yeah I gave up following these threads a long while ago….. I just dip my toe in from time to time, and il all the better for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

I think Nat Philips is my favourite player

The double block from Philips and Williams has prolonged our season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Speak Now wrote: »
    30th goal of the season for Mo, some man.

Just proves that Carragher and Neville ain't got a goddamn clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

brevity wrote: »

100% serious, Phillips clears both balls which lead to Leeds and Newcastle equalizers, if he plays....

brevity wrote: »

I thought he was Irish for so long, dunno why I thought that. I wonder does he have any Irish roots that would allow him to play for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

We are top of the form table over last 6 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I thought he was Irish for so long, dunno why I thought that. I wonder does he have any Irish roots that would allow him to play for us.

Mixing him and masterson up?

• Advertisement

Mixing him and masterson up?

With goal keeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,349 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

With goal keeper

toby, your optimism was not unfounded.

i'm just disgusted about how badly liverpool schooled utd today.

both missing their main CB's, so that's no excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

With goal keeper

He's already capped for Brazil, so too late.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,008 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was Salah's 200th game for Liverpool he now has been involved in 170 goals.

124 goals and 46 assists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

That was Salah's 200th game for Liverpool he now has been involved in 170 goals.

124 goals and 46 assists.

And yet, from reading the various guises of this thread over the past year and half, people still think we should sell him.

Glico Man wrote: »
    And yet, from reading the various guises of this thread over the past year and half, people still think we should sell him.

I'd only considering a swap with Mbappe, Salah 29 in June. I'm not sure if the FSG plan is gone out the window but we're suppose to selling under their plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Rumours Cavani has had to cancel that new contract because he can't get out of Rhys Williams's pocket :)

He's already capped for Brazil, so too late.

Kelleherherher

Rumours Cavani has had to cancel that new contract because he can't get out of Rhys Williams's pocket :)

Williams was out of his depth, but we got away with his bad pass choices and weak defending.
    But I hope he progresses,

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Williams was out of his depth, but we got away with his bad pass choices and weak defending.
    But I hope he progresses,

What a load of rubbish after a shaky start he was very good tonight

There's no future for him in a Jurgen Klopp team as he has absolutely no pace but credit where credit is due tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Only watched the game now

0-30 - awful stuff, reading through the thread I agreed with the Gini talk, looked like a man that may not have a contract signed so an injury is a disaster. He did pick it up after that though.
    30-60 - they got stuck in, Fabinho and Thiago in particular, stepped it up, should have finished the game. United where also pretty terrible during this period.
    60-75 - the game could have went either way with the Rashford goal and Greenwood chances
    75-90 - kind of saw the game out, Salah wraps it up with a helping hand from the goalie

Trent was class. He does scream a right sided midfielder when you see performances like that. If we don't see a Mane apology in the next day or two I expect he'll be gone. Seems like Klopp said he was playing and then changed his mind, suck it up in public. I expect it'll be sorted behind the scenes and Mane will apologise.

The season may end on a positive. Win the next two now and be in control on the final day

Edit: it was never a penalty, great tackle from Bailly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Mané acted like an a**hole and I hope he's fined.
    If he continues to act in such a way, sell him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

honestly as someone who's fought with his managers all his career I see nothing wrong with what Mane did. For sure let Klopp know you're not happy with him. I'd be surprised if Klopp made a big deal about it behind closed doors and expect he'll manage the issue away.

Only God has scored more headed goals in the premier league than Bobby for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

eigrod wrote: »
    Hopefully the cup final will go to extra time

And then a 144 penalty shoot out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

gimli2112 wrote: »
    honestly as someone who's fought with his managers all his career I see nothing wrong with what Mane did. For sure let Klopp know you're not happy with him. I'd be surprised if Klopp made a big deal about it behind closed doors and expect he'll manage the issue away.
    You saw no issue all the while your team mates were probably facepalming at your behaviour. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭tinpib

Just saw the Mane snub of Klopp. Doesn't bother me at all, naturally the media will make a big deal out of it. I'm glad to see a bit of emotion and that he cares.

The onus is on Mane now. He needs to find his form again, simple as. And maybe this incident might help trigger it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,371 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That's as happy as I've been after a game this season.

Phillips, brilliant after 20 minutes.
    Thiago, found his feet.
    Trent, world class.
    Firmino, clinical.

Something clicked after the penalty overturn. And it was joyous. There is no reason we shouldn't have won more games like that this season. The defence dictates that we'd have never challenged City, but goals really should've flowed more often.

I'm so fúcking happy, and genuinely can't believe we've top 4 in our hands.

And a belated thank you for the assist, Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

what about Alisson guys? another near fatal error early on last night, its getting a bit concerning, it's happening regularly .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭dogbert27

what about Alisson guys? another near fatal error early on last night, its getting a bit concerning, it's happening regularly .

It has always been in his game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭plastic glass

Ah here-leave it out will ya. Allison is top class. Still the best keeper in the PL even with that performance against city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I think Mane was

1. annoyed at not being informed he wasn't started
    2. His replacement scored the first goal
    3. He missed the chance when Trent put him through
    4. With Salah scoring in the 90th minute he was the only forward not to score

Hopefully his anger is turned on West Brom and he plays a blinder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

SlickRic wrote: »
    That's as happy as I've been after a game this season.

Phillips, brilliant after 20 minutes.
    Thiago, found his feet.
    Trent, world class.
    Firmino, clinical.

Something clicked after the penalty overturn. And it was joyous. There is no reason we shouldn't have won more games like that this season. The defence dictates that we'd have never challenged City, but goals really should've flowed more often.

I'm so fúcking happy, and genuinely can't believe we've top 4 in our hands.

And a belated thank you for the assist, Arsenal.

I think we could of finished 2nd if Klopp hadn't persisted with playing our best midfielders in defence. As soon as he played an centre backs at all we went back to winning ways. Hopefully Klopp can drag us over the line into 4th now.

I think he's another who has suffered because of the CBs.

He's used to having those options and trusting them with the ball to their feet. I think he's going for trickier balls than he needs to as a result.

No excuse. He should be adapting better. But he'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Ah here-leave it out will ya. Allison is top class. Still the best keeper in the PL even with that performance against city

I know he's top class, where did I say he wasn't? he's excellent, he'd be one of the first names on any teamsteet but he's gone to **** with the ball at his feet. sloppy passes straight to attackers. it's constantly happening.

• Advertisement

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I think Mane was

I would say all of the above and knowing his own form has been bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

I know he's top class, where did I say he wasn't? he's excellent, he'd be one of the first names on any teamsteet but he's gone to **** with the ball at his feet. sloppy passes straight to attackers. it's constantly happening.

I've actually noticed something off with his right foot since he came back from his injury a while back. Like when he has the ball at this feet he seems awkward or something.

Sometimes you just don't know what to say :o

giphy.gif

That's the first time I've ever genuinely thought a decision was corrupt.

I think he looked at it, knew he'd just booked him, knew what it meant, and just decided not to make the decision.

I can't think of another explanation.

Salah is only 8 goals behind Drogba to be the top premier league goalscorer from Africa.

Drogba 254 games 104 goals.

Salah 155 games 96 goals.

Mane 226 games 93 goals.

PEA 112 games 64 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,619 ✭✭✭eigrod

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I think Mane was

Hopefully his anger is turned on West Brom and he plays a blinder

5. Annoyed That Mbappe is joining in the Summer :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement