Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Bluemoon will be breaking out the conspiracy against us emails again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Henderson and Fabinho really not up to it today, and the result was Milner/Gomez being killed.

Without Salah being Salah, we lose that comfortably 2-0 in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

bit disappointed with the result in the end after being in front twice.. a few of our players looked out on their feet near the end.

I think we gave the ball back to city so easy at times... needed to hang on to it a bit especially when we went 2-1 up....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

He assisted Salahs goal and was our only midfielder who actually put his foot in the ball and took a little something out of it rather than just getting rid of it or losing it. You're on point as ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Yea. It was nice to see tbh. A good advertisement for soccer imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Augme

Defence wins title which is a big worry for us. Three times ahead against Brentford and we can't win and twice against City and we can't win. Frustrating but in a sense lucky to take a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Very sporting after - reminds you that they are not united at the end of the day. Great respect for each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Yup, peak title winning team killed every game, once we got a lead, games where wrapped up. We just seem to not adapt when we get a head, just continue as before trying to score again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Big change in the second half. Whatever changes they made with the shape and/or team talk clearly worked.

It's kinda annoying to have lead the game twice and not win but there was some quality strikes on display and City were very good at times to be fair them.

Mo Salah simply outrageous.

• Advertisement

Lads all of the players are friendly with eachother. They don't hate them because they compete against eachother. They're not children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,495 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's a fair result, we'd have not deserved the 3pts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Our midfeild isnt good enough

When Hendo & Fab miss a game we will struggle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Terrible first half. Much better 2nd half. RB was a huge problem today. I'd say 90% of City's attacks came from there. Thought we should have tried to shut up shop and defend deeper after Salah's goal. City were still finding space in behind our high line and the midfield looked leggy and weren't getting enough pressure on the ball. Granted not easy to change mid match.

Ahh stop will ye Salah, assisted himself.

Jones was dreadful today, (he young he'll learn)

Watch him for Foden goal in the build up, Summed him up today just couldn't get close to Citys midfeild

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Guys, this City team is very good. They have spent a boatload on very good technical players. Add in one of the very best managers of all time you have a team that should be winning everything. But we could have won it. That is how good we are. Yes we will always struggle to beat City, but this is true of all teams. Happy with the point and performance of the 2nd half.

I think this will give us confidence going forward. City have had our number for a few games now but we gave as good as we got this match. I was commenting on Jones looking lost, but I think this match will be very good for him. It will prepare him for the future for matches against City and other teams of this intensity.

Also, give Salah the new contract already. I don't care if he gets more than the others, he is a special talent that deserves it. He will be the exception without having to break our, already admittedly big, wage structure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

No home game for 4 weeks, international break plus 4 away games (2 league, one against a new manager possibly two 😋😉 hope not though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Hard to know what to make of that, lucky to be level at the break, but disappointing to lead twice and not to win.

Bobby helped when he came on, even though Jota had played his way into the game well, they are just different players. Lucky not to be down to 10, it's one criticism I would have of Klopp and Co that they can be slow to make a change to shape and tactics, and we should have paid for it. Having said that, the introduction of Gomez still left gaps on that RHS, exposed by goal #2. Second half was much better than the first, epitomised by Jones who was brilliant in the second half.

Mane's goal was good, but what can you say about Salah.... Absolutely Messiesque - as good a goal as you'd ever see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

A fair result overall, but very lucky that Milner wasn't sent off.

I can't help but feel that not strengthening our midfield and forward line will eventually come back to bite us in the ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

This is not true, proper rivals hate each other.

Carragher spot on Becker took one step p to many forward for the Foden goal but probably afraid he was going to keep going past Milner

Also, Sky was messing with the noise. There were times you could see the crowd applauding a player going to receive the ball for a throw-in and it was as quiet as a church.

Exactly oil money doesn't change that, Man Utd and Everton will always be biggest rivals regardless of league position's.

Name some current players that hate eachother? Even Messi and Ronaldo the most competitive players of the last 15 years are cordial to eachother. You can be friendly and fiercely competitive, it's not an either or.

Look at the managers, all respect and like eachother but won't give an inch while competing.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

fair result, shocking the first half, should of been at least 1 down if not more. Milner very lucky to stay on. Dreadful defending and can’t expect to be saying we deserved to win when the defending was that poor twice.

Salah is just unbelievable and a shame that goal didn’t win it but overall can’t complain about a point each.

Monday Morning Quarterbacking, there will always be times where someone could have done something differently. Had he stayed where he was and he was beaten on his near post Carragher would have been vomiting his disgust. Sometimes you just get beat by a good shot. That shot was on point, he had such a small target and he hit it. It was a great goal. Salah had a tighter angle and on his weaker foot as well, that is how special that goal was.

Wonder would Alilison have saved KDB's shot? Thought Matip might have knocked it out of his path.

• Advertisement

Carragher is the definition of an Uncle Tom.

Neville giving joint man of the matches.

Keane trying hard to be edgy.

Richards employed for his laugh.

Sky coverage has nose dived.

Those sort of instances are difficult, as a defender do you try get something on it knowing anything but full contact isn't keeping it out and means it's likely to go in or do you stay still block what's directly behind you and trust your keeper. You're likely always going to think you can block it.

Fuckin yawn.... Clickbait shite.

I say make your own mind up, listen to some of the pods tomorrow for analysis if you want something considered, but the TV coverage is lowest common denominator stuff. Just turn it off I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Joint man of the match what a load of nonsense.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Shame for Mo it wasn't a winner, a bit like the Spurs goal in Feb 2018 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

I haven't tuned into a match on Sky in a long time. Between Neville and Taylor in commentary and that lot in the studio it's woeful stuff....Dodgy box is the bizz!!!!

Yeah, Allison was definitely saving KDB’s shot. As a defender though you have to go for it so no blame on Matip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

It looked like he had it covered, but who knows.

My main concern at the moment is Mane, great finish today, but he had regressed massively from the player two seasons ago. He's only 29 so should be peaking now. Other concern is Henderson for obvious reasons, can't doubt his effort but he was very poor at periods today. Perhaps they will improve as the season progresses, I really hope so as I have huge respect for both and what they have done for the club.

Lot of complaining about Milner today, yes he wasn't perfect but honestly if Trent was back there I'm not sure it would have been much better. I'm sure a lot of city's attacks would have been focused on that area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Was convinced Foden was in an offside position during the build up for their 2nd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

If you offered me 2-2 before the game I'd have taken it and even more so of it was offered at half time. I wouldnt be massively concerned for us after that result as someone pointed out this City team is one of the best out there and can blitz anyone one their day and for the past few years we have really struggled against them....my main concern would be the form of VVD, he just looks a shell of the player he once was. He looks like his confidence is shot, he never looks to anticipate the pass and get ahead of the attacker to cut it off and he doesn't look comfortable with the ball at his feet at all these days. It's actually quite weird looking at him look so uncomfortable because he usually just looks the exact opposite!

Looking back now, draw is probably fair. But after not conceding in the 1st half and the chances we created, we should have won. Yes we got lucky with Milner, but so did City against Southampton so spare me sob stories. You need that luck.

They scored a great goal from Foden and a deflection from De Bruyne. They also cleared a certain goal by the skin of their teeth. Imagine doing this with a 35 year old right back. We got unlucky with TAA being injured and Williams not yet ready to step in for a full match, I believe he is coming back from injury himself. So I see this as a good point, didn't lose ground to City at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Yeah, Milner did as well as could be expected up against a tough opponent, and it's likely Trent would have the same issues. Our right back situation is a catch 22.... opposition will always target that area because Trent is so attacking and he's one of our main offensive outlets. Put a more defensive minded full back in there and we lose a lot going forward. It's a fine balance and it requires Fab, and Hendo especially, to cover that area of the field a lot.

Pep let us off the hook moving Foden. Liverpool and Milner must have been delighted to see Grealish out on the left and Foden in midfield second half. Was a crazy decision from Pep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

I get the Taylor comment but what channel has better pundits?

Most of what you say is correct, but what is there to suggest a fit Williams would have been trusted to start or even come on today? Very little I'd say, Klopp tends be conservative enough in these things, and I've seen little enough to suggest Williams is ready to start a game of this nature either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Not impressed with Hendo, Fabinho and VVD today, Jones was'nt great either but he's 20 and he will be good in time.

We were never in control of the game, and city looked like they would score every time they got near our box, we do tend to start the season slowly but i feel this team needs more to win the league, not necessarily in terms of recruitment, but in terms of intensity and confidence.

Very true. Against any other team he should be fine cover. Maybe even Gomez at RB if TAA is injured, I guess it depends on what you want going forward. I would say it is only against City, United and Chelsea that you would go for experience over youth.

RB is another position where our current player will make it hard to recruit a good back-up, because anyone worth a start in any other team will not want to sit on the bench here.

I thought the same but on the over head shot and Matip defo kept him on

If Alisson just runs into Sterling on the ground would the goal be disallowed?

2:2 may be a good result, but it is still another 2pts dropped from a winning position with 10 mins to go.

Feels disappointing after going ahead twice but that's Chelsea and Citeh out of the way until new year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement