Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I don't think it's anything to do with work ethic. It's that his confidence is absolutely shot - he always used to be smiling even when things weren't going his way because he believed he'd keep knocking on the door until he scored.

Now he's not smiling, his head is down and is undoubtedly being his own harshest critic.

Mane overall play is still pretty decent I think but the belief just isn't there at all. It's been uncomfortable watching at times to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Can't agree with the earlier poster saying Mane hasn't been determined or hardworking this season.... That's BS, and is outcome based analysis at best.

He hasn't been effective certainly, he's been off form, but his attitude on the field hasn't been bad, he's continued to work, and in many ways might actually be trying too hard.

With forwards, they have to be loose free in their movement. My opinion is that, particularly in front of goal, Mane has been uptight and nervy since hie form dipped, and has been over thinking his finishing rather than being natural and instinctive. It happens, and players can drop into a cycle of ever decreasing circles, they try even harder and concentrate more and make the problem worse!

Don't know what the solution is, maybe a summer break will help him reset, but he'll need to get back to the relaxed, instinctive player he was or he'll fall away.

I wouldn't make too much of his tantrum the other night, just a frustrated player blowing off steam.

In a recent interview with a French channel he said he got that frustrated he went and got his body and athletic performance tested to see if something was wrong and everything was perfect so its literally just been mental,

The fact he went to to that trouble sgows how much its been on his mind,

I think he was so annoyed the other night because he scored in his last game and expected himself to kick on so to be dropped was another roadblock,

The guy just wants to be great again

rob316 wrote: »
    Leave him where he is, he has plenty of space to kill the opposition.

Ye agree, hes also a weapon from RB that no other team in the world has

noodler wrote: »
    Like Robbo, I think Mane was good until Xmas.

I don't agree that he was been terrible all season, recency bias there I feel.

Yes, I alluded to the major problems being after Christmas ' If jota was fit for 2021 sadio would have seen plenty of the bench'.

9 goals is a terrible return for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Had a good chuckle at this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Kinda funny that with no united player in their own half that the United keeper was stuck to his line the whole time, even when Salah broke through from the half way line, he remained on his line right up to the point Salah scored.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Kinda funny that with no united player in their own half that the United keeper was stuck to his line the whole time, even when Salah broke through from the half way line, he remained on his line right up to the point Salah scored.

He did make it rather easy to be fair, left a huge area to his right for Salah to score into, nice of him really.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    He did make it rather easy to be fair, left a huge area to his right for Salah to score into, nice of him really.

I know, and Salah took one heavy touch, I was waiting for the keeper to come into shot on camera at that point, then camera panned and he was still in his goal.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Salah basically hasn't had a run of bad form extending past a couple games since he's gotten here and his only time spent injured was after Ramos removed his shoulder, he basically never lets the moment get the better of him and is always composed in the most high pressure situations, he's literally a perfect player imo.

• Advertisement

I see Rangers have won their last game of the season.

102 points and unbeaten. Does that mean he's topped Arsenal and City seeing as he achieved both their records?

Conceded 13 goals all season which is mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Reports Stuttgart are looking to buy Karius.

Might get a few million euros for him which would be a unexpected bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Watching Arsenal Liverpool fa Cup. Happiness really knew where to be. Really could have lost that game

And now watch Big Sam park the bus with a carefree West Brom team already relegated who will play with no pressure, and with key players looking to make an impression on Klopp and others watching as to get a move back into the big time.

Great to see Burnley have gone on holidays, hope they stay there for another week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Watching Arsenal Liverpool fa Cup. Happiness really knew where to be. Really could have lost that game

the irony of Henry crying over the Henchoz handball :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

gimli2112 wrote: »
    the irony of Henry crying over the Henchoz handball :)

Probably what inspired him! :o

Evans coming off injured is good news for us it weakens there defence for the final two league games.

We have the same number of home points as United,
    How is that even possible considering we lost 6 on the bounce at one stage,
    D

Evans coming off injured is good news for us it weakens there defence for the final two league games.

Surely we want Leicester to beat Chelsea on Wednesday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Great to see Burnley have gone on holidays, hope they stay there for another week.
    Burnley were in the game until Rodrigo replaced Bamford for Leeds. He had an immediate impact and the intelligent movement versus a tired defense bumped up the scoreline later. I wouldn't read anything into the result because Burnley will be a different prospect playing in front of their own supporters.

• Advertisement

I want Leicester to win both games and for Chelsea to win the CL*.

*Lesser of two evils as it were :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

It doesn't matter - we have to win three games and improve our goal difference to be certain of a top 4 finish.

If Leicester lose to Chelsea they can still reach 69 points by beating Tottenham.

Talisman wrote: »
    It doesn't matter - we have to win three games and improve our goal difference to be certain of a top 4 finish.

If Leicester lose to Chelsea they can still reach 69 points by beating Tottenham.

If Leicester win the max points Chelsea can get is 67 so we could technically get 4th over them with two wins and a draw.

Talisman wrote: »
    Burnley were in the game until Rodrigo replaced Bamford for Leeds. He had an immediate impact and the intelligent movement versus a tired defense bumped up the scoreline later. I wouldn't read anything into the result because Burnley will be a different prospect playing in front of their own supporters.

I didn't see it, only the result. BUT, thanks for taking this crumb of hope away from me. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

And now watch Big Sam park the bus with a carefree West Brom team already relegated who will play with no pressure, and with key players looking to make an impression on Klopp and others watching as to get a move back into the big time.

I'm glad they're sorted. Better than them needing one point to survive.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

If Leicester hold out here they'll likely be a hangover from celebrating & Chelsea will be out for revenge. Couldn't see Leicester winning this pre kickoff and can't see them winning the PL game v Chelsea either :pac:

Hopefully west ham drop points later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i really really dislike VAR

Happy for BRod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Delighted for Rogers and Leicester

Wanted extra time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

FA hangover for these 2 hopefully.

Was hoping for extra time was offside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

i really really dislike VAR

I liked it for that decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

That's a great result for football..
    Congratulations Mr Rogers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Good man Brendan, doing a top job at Leicester. Great to see him finally win a trophy in English football, he’s a brilliant football manager and his next job will be at a much bigger club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Brilliant from Rodgers in fairness to him.

Really hope he can get the lads to keep a hold on the celebrations for just a few days, and go again on Tuesday. Such a massive game for them - and our preference has to be for them to win it, since it buys us that extra little bit of room for error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Great to see crowds back in stadiums

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Honestly think Bissouma can have the same transformative effect for whichever club buys him as Kanté did at Chelsea and Leicester.

Win today please or the magnificent win over ManU was of little real value.

Mane has to start... on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

it'll be interesting actually to see where he starts, logically you go with the starting 11 from the utd game but starting him would be a big endorsement which could spur him on

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    it'll be interesting actually to see where he starts, logically you go with the starting 11 from the utd game but starting him would be a big endorsement which could spur him on

Could. But too big a game to experiment, strange as that may sound for someone of Mane's innate ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Mane will no doubt be fuming but what can you do, the same front 3 have to start again! No reason to drop/rest any of them after the Utd game.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

I'm not bothered who starts today, or how we play even, all that matters are the 3 points.

Still hard to believe we can still do it. A lovely shiny cherry, on a turd of season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I know it's a cliche, but the first goal is vital today. Don't give WBA the chance to sit back and have something to hang on to, be it a draw or lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

No Jota anyway out with foot injury

• Advertisement

Salah chasing Kane now for the Golden Boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Jota out injured

https://twitter.com/james_carroll84/status/1393932927868850178?s=21

What a horrendous season for injuries. What an achievement it would be to get 4th in these circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Jota out is a real blow.

He's been a driving force.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Medical team/conditioning team needs a serious looking into. The amount of niggling injuries we’ve had this season is mad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement