Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

VVD done well but still looks kind of flat,the zip isn't there just yet,

Its s like he's playing missing a gear

No he ran off after a knock but came back on amd seemed fine injury wise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,493 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Suarez highlights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Dortmund, Barca, Villarreal and Lille should hold no major fear for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

It's hard to know if Thiago is in Luis Enrique's plans for the national team. He wasn't fit for the last international break and Enrique has said that he wanted to focus on giving young players an opportunity before the next World Cup. Busquets/Rodri are the anchor and Koke/Llorente/Soler get at least one of the other two midfield spots. Pedri and Gavi have also been getting games.

The upcoming fixtures are against Sweden and Greece. They previously drew with Greece and lost to Sweden so he'll probably go for experience over youth for this round of fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I was a bit worried when he refused to come off after that injury scare. It was like he knew he was playing well and wanted to keep momentum. He also knows that with other midfielders injured, he has a chance to retain a starting spot now. Going off might have affected this.

Any word on what was wrong with, Bobby

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Did Jurgen and Simeone shake hands after the match?

He didn't run off, he hid in plain sight instead. But they probably shake hands in tunnel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

yup...this the red? it was a attempted rake down the back of his achilles and then a trip.. and before that a reckless kick out.. red all day.. at first look it looks pretty innocuous to be fair...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I see Klopp brought up the money the club earn for every CL win (2.5M per game apparently). Think he'll put out stronger sides that we think for the final two group games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Hamstring injury for Bobby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭mormank

Absolutely he will. Remember that dead rubber last season that Jota got injured in? I wouldnt be surprised to even see VVD in 1 or both of the remaining group games tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I never knew hamstring injuries were contagious .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Origi, taki, ox, konate, gomez, tsimikas, neco williams should all be starting 1 if not both of the games, with a mix of first teamers. Hell, start phillips in the Porto game, give him his night at anfield in front of fans, only got 40 seconds tonight

It's still too early to tell how some of the groups are likely to finish.

In group C, Sporting could beat Dortmund in the next game leaving them in a strong position for their final game.

In group D, Sheriff Tiraspol could pip Inter Milan to second place.

In group E, Benfica could beat Barcelona to second place. They've already beaten them in an earlier group game and Barcelona also have to travel to Munich for their final game.

In group F, there's only 2 points between first and third place. Either of Villareal or Atlanta could finish second and Man Utd could go to the Europa League.

In group G it's a similar story. Two points between Salzburg, Lille and Wolfsburg.

In group H the next game will decide who tops the group. If Chelsea beat Juventus then their positions will be reversed and then it's a situation where Lovren has to keep Chelsea at bay in the final game while Juventus batter Malmo to reverse it again.

PSG are certainly the strongest prospect of the potential opponents in the next round but it was always going to be so. I'd like them to top group A because it increases the likelyhood of another Manchester team getting walloped in the next round. But knowing their luck in the competition draws they'll get one of the teams from group G.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Jurgen Klopp: "You need to be lucky with injuries here and there, and we are not that lucky. Especially in midfield. Last night in training, Curtis got a finger to the eye and cannot see out of it. He needs to lie down for a week.”

• Advertisement

Reports on match saying red was a result of both the trip and his refusal to heed the refs call for him, initially seemed to be a yellow until he walked away. I wouldn’t like to be him when crazy Diego got into the dressing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Sounds nasty. That's Bobby and Jones out for West Ham anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I thought it was a nasty challenge on Sadio, dangerous as well.

Right beside the ref, off you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

If mane had committed that tackle two of their players would have went down screaming to get him hooked, despicable team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,932 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Part of me would like to see Klopp put the kids out against Porto and if they win great if they lose hopefully it helps knock Atletico into the Europa League.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

Was only saying the same to my mates last night. Weakened team out, hopefully Porto win and its a head to head between them and Atlectico to get through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I definitely would too but klopp spoke of the importance of winning for the cash last night. Warnock on lfctv followed that up saying klopp needs to be able to point to that when he looks for transfers. Personally i think losing jota for 10 games is worse than £5 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Every win is worth coefficient points as well lads. We're currently third behind Bayern and City with Chelsea 7 points back in fourth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

When the draw was made, if someone told me we were going to take all 6 points from the Atletico fixtures, I'd have laughed in their face. We didn't even manage that in previous years we had them in our group, and this is the strongest they've ever been.

Just shows the level we're at this season, I'll be gutted if we don't win a trophy but we need a bit more luck with injuries.

I think Klopp will rotate in the remaining games, while keeping the teams strongish.

VVD, Konate, Matip & Gomez will all need to get game time and/or rested. Neco & Tsimikas should get another start or two.

Origi & Taki will get a start or two each. I would think that one of Mane/Salah will start a game each too.

It's midfield where the injury problems are so we will see more rotation there. Henderson might get rested in those games now but Thiago will get a couple starts to get back up to speed. Maybe Morton gets a game now at Anfield again.

Id like to see Atletico go through , They have a better chance of knocking out one of the big teams & i feel if we meet them later in the competition we have there number now,

• Advertisement

Tell you what Tsimkas is a hell of a player to be back up

I still fancy Robbo in the big games especially away because of his intensity & aggression but Tsimkas will suit playing teams who sit deep, his left foot is a wand ,

The finger to the eye was probably inflicted by Oxlade-Chamberlain to ensure he kept his place in the team. Klopp is obviously running his own Squid Game.

Just me or anyone else thinking its a bit odd that Tsmikas also had a black eye ?

Also the wording from Klopp of he needs to lie down for a week, (to calm down or to rest his eye )

I normally hate them but thank god for the International break,

In midfield we are missing ,Naby,Eliiot,Jones, Milner,

Thiago looked very rusty last night so i reckon Fab ,Hendo & Ox again v Westham , i'm worried about Hendo he must be at breaking point he has gotten very little rest,

Bobby injury is another kick in the teeth with Westham the weekend

A win this weekend would be massive,

Yeah the black eye with Tsimikas and the eye injury with Jones is a bit suspicious.

Also found Tsimikas very brave to go into that head to head 50/50 with Trippier early last night. He didn't shirk the challenge whatsoever. Usually a player with a head injury, or had gotten a blow to the head like he did during the week, would hesitate a bit or duck out. But he went in hard. It's a great sign of commitment.

I'm fully aware of everything Robbo has done for this club over the last few years and his ability but it's hard to look past Tsimikas for LB on current form this season. I think he has been the better of the 2. It's nice to have that option too, with the 2 players keeping each other fighting for the position. I think Tsimikas deserves more game time in the PL myself.

Ye it is a bit strange and the use of wording by Klopp that Jones needs to go lie down , Sounds like something you say to someone who's lost the head,

I agree Tsimikas has preformed better but you have to take into account he has played mostly in the easier games,

Its great to be able to give Robbo a rest , i suspect Tsimika's will play the last 2 group games which can also now be used to get minutes for the lads coming back for injury after the International break ,

Guy like Kelleher, Gomez, Konate , Tsimikas ,Milner, Naby , Ox ,Jones,Bobby , Origi & Taki will all need minutes to be fit if called upon for the Christmas period & it'll still be a strong side,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I like Tsimikas, he's waspy like Robbo, and is a good option.

Word too for Ox, he was very good last night, sharp and kept it simple, and was involved even in that first half when Atleti had 11.

On a positive note Matip has already played as many games this season for us as he did last & is one shy of the number the season before that,

Fingers crossed he can kept it going fabulous player when fit,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its great to have that sort of strength at LB with Tsimikas. He can feel a bit hard done by not playing more but Klopp is loyal to his players, he will play Robertson into form before he drops him. Robertson has killed himself for the team running up and down that wing for 3 seasons without a break, its natural there is a drop off from him.

Mane is back to his best, he lacked confidence last season, wasn't running at the opposition and into spaces. When I think of Mane I just think of a really direct aggressive player who goes through the wars. You know he's been good when he's on the verge of been sent off last night and had to come off.

Finger in the eye. MAybe players should have giggles while training

• Advertisement

Kind of funny reading the replies asking who that is with VVD,

Mad that Hansen is only 66 and retired as a pundit now for 7 years when you see some of the older pundits still on tv and radio.

There is very few if any ex players that have comes close to being as good a pundit as he was.

Hansen looks ill. Seems to have lost weight. I know he's 66, but seems to have aged more than I'd have thought.

To be fair in that picture he looks to have aged massively in recent years ,

I agree he was a brilliant pundit but will unfortunately always be remember for saying "you'll win nothing with kids" on match of the day after United opening day defeat to Villa in 95, They went on to win the double that year & so began the success of the class of 92

Tsimikas has said he ran into Thiago in training 3 days ago and that where he got the black eye,

Tsimikas can feel hard done by again if he doesn't start against West Ham on Sunday as on current form he is the in form left back at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Not a huge sample to go on, but he looks a better corner taker than TAA or Robbo as well. Even when he came over to take one from Trent's side he caused havoc with it and Matip should have scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Are you Curtis in disguise? 😉

And Tsimi always seems to have a black eye. Noticed it in a previous game too.

Hopefully we will have too much for the Hammers, and give Moyesy a reality check.

Just have to keep Antonio well marshalled. Ibou should be well able for him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

He was an excellent pundit, but the lazy format on BBC in his latter years did him no favours they practically glossed over the games in a nonchalant way, when details of their salaries got out people baulked at it.

Would love to see him appear on Sky for one of the games, longer format/debating analysis would have suited Hansen of old. I'd say if they plugged it that he was appearing on say Liverpool v United/City coverage, there would be real bump in viewers of a certain genre.

• Advertisement

I think he has been out of the game too long. Younger viewers wouldn’t know who he is. Given that Sky fired their older soccer Saturday pundits for that reason, hard to see Hansen ever getting a gig there again.

He’ll be forever remembered for “You canna win anything with kids”.

Advertisement