Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

It wasnt me who said it either by the way just for clarity.

🤣 Reading that at the end just cracked me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

I read an article on this lately, we sold him for an initial £19m & there were add ons then which have all been since activated bringing the fee to £24m & Edwards also got a buyback clause & a 20% profit sell-on clause so he would need to be sold for above £24m for that to kick in & Bournemouth will apparently be looking for £35m plus if anyone comes in for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,111 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

A good few weeks back, I thought that if we were within 3 points of Chelsea at this international break, I would be happy. They had 5 very easily winnable games. And we had a couple of tricky fixtures. 30 odd games to go. The gap is currently 4 so a draw or win tomorrow and it's still on course.

A few draws here and there are not the worst thing. This season does not look like a 100 point season, but closer to 90 points may win the league so the odd draw is ok.

A win tomorrow would make a nice return of 10 points from 12 between the international breaks. Of which 3 were away from home. Thats still a nice return. All about the win there. A win will really put the club into a positive bounce again and the Brighton draw is almost forgotten about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Let's face it,every league game is practically a must win with the standards these days, 70+ point league wins won't happen anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

#kloppout #manesfinished #sellbobby #titleisgone

Yep you run the full gamut of brain-dead in this place.

Neither should it be a love in. The thread shouldn't be the Borg collective. Everyone should be allowed to make the case for any argument. And rebutted. What's far more tiresome and damaging is a frequent poster then trying to make a meme out of it or years to get thanks. That's incredibly boring.

Open and lively debate is great, the same 3/4 immature, reactionary posters dominating is incredibly off putting.

Leaving it there for this discussion. Big game today and that's where the discussions should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

To be fair, the title was gone when that trended last year and both Bobby and Mane were on the back of a horror season. They may have turned a corner or it may be just be that Mo has upped his game so much that all the attention is on him, thereby creating space for the others.

I haven't seen a whole lot of negativity here this season apart from the usual reaction when results don't go our way. There's nothing wrong with feeling frustration if a rival has a better weekend than us. Heck, if we lose this evening, we'd have every night to be annoyed (despite it being a tough game, no one wants to lose or draw).

Calling people brain-dead is more than a tad harsh just because they don't agree with your red tinted glasses. One of my family members has a brain injury, requiring lifelong care, and it is not nice to point and laugh or namecall. Grow up and be a bit more considerate of others, especially fellow fans.

Why is it that you and one or two others think you are the arbitrators of what is “lively debate” and the “brain dead” variety? I’d say all of us have sat in groups where there has been lots of different views, no one likes the guy who then insults the ones he/she doesn’t agree with.

• Advertisement

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, or so we are frequently told here. Works both ways. Nobody suggested others can't post but if it's nonsense then it's fair game to call it so.

And ya I'll hold my hands up there was no need for the "brain-dead" comment. It was based on some of the really off the wall nonsense posted here at times.

It’s “nonsense” in your view, to others it’s just conversation, none of us are claiming to be experts, but we like to talk about Liverpool and express our views, right or wrong. What we don’t expect is you or anyone else to be insulting just because you don’t agree. Calling people “brain dead” is out of order.

And I agreed and owned it, move on.

And yes, exactly, it's nonsense in my view, not in yours. I'm expressing my view on something silly said about the team I support. And its fair it gets called that. All part of the discussion.

Some people are easily offended, some have thicker skins and can take a bit of criticism when they post very silly stuff. I took my criticism for the insulting comment and have taken it on board and don't intend to use it again. That's how it works, if you post something stupid then you need to stand over it.

Win today and we could be 8 clear of 5th in the league. A big gap this early. Outside of us, City and Chelsea, West Ham have been the best team in the league so far. A big marker if we win there today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Antonio plays I think he will give the backline a tough game today, He has been one of the real consistent inform forwards over the last 2 years and when he is on form West Ham really tick.

6 goals and 3 assists in 9 games for him so far in the league this season.

Agreed, hopefully supply to him can be cut and midfield get on top for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I just hope that we have a midfield. Given our recent injuries and reliance on certain players to carry the can, we may struggle against a very robust unit like West Ham. It'd be great if Hendo Fab and Thiago could be fit and click today. We need some grit.

I'd like to see Tsimikas play today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭ratracer

I’d like to see West Ham (Moyes, really) finish above ManU this season! Just not with points from today though! :)

Post edited by ratracer on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Listening to klopp's comments at Friday's press conference then I reckon robertson starts

Pity if true, Tsimikas has earned the starting position, for me. Has been excellent when he's played this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Charlie Adams is only 35 years young and still playing professional football, I just watched him pick up a yellow card against Celtic.

I had to check it was the same Charlie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,492 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Salah hasn't scored in 220 minutes of football, surely that won't continue, I feel if we can keep a clean sheet we'll win.

I'd like to see the club test Leeds with a good offer for Raphinha in January.

Me too.

I wonder if Klopp will start Konate? Power, pace and height. Height will be needed against a very big West Ham team who target set pieces. He started, out of the blue, to deal with Ronaldo who is very strong in the air. Very important when challenging against Soucek & Antonio in play. Let alone set pieces with Rice, Ogbanna & Zuoma also in tow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I see Guinea are after calling Naby up for this international break. They do know he's out injured don't they?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Matip is still a much better defender right now, may not be as quick or as tough but is pure quality, reads the game well and nobody better at getting vital tackles in without going to ground, he is the master of those little toe poke tackles.

Having said that Konate looks quality but needs time to build up an understanding with VVD, im just not sure this is the game to do so.

Yeah would agree on all accounts. It's nice to have the options to select different skill sets at the same time.

Happy with Matip starting myself too. He has the international break too so plenty time to let the body recover again.

OX deserves his start too. Proof that application and making use of the league cup games and sub appearances can pay off. While Tsimikas is unlucky in my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

About the expected 11, with Ox keeping his place in midfield with Fab and Hendo.

Alisson; Trent, Matip, VVD, Robbo; Fab, Hendo, Ox; Mo, Jota, Mane.

Strong enough bench too, hopefully another half hour for Thaigo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah OX deserves a start as does Kostas imho, Robbos delivery has been very inconsistent for a long time now.

• Advertisement

At the start of the season, I would have looked at the next 2 games, WH and Arsenal as probable W’s, both teams now in great form, both as I type, only 2 points behind.

On paper this is a tough fixture but I think we'll win comfortably enough.

2-0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I thought the bench looked very weak tbh, nothing on it, would hate to be relying on Origi or Minamino as game changers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

No foul there

Ah Alisson you have to do better.

Poor from Alisson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Should be a goal...keeper needs to be stronger..

No foul nothing wrong with that at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

To be fair there wasn't great protection for Allison there. We let West Ham put 2 players right around him. You got to get goal side of them and clear some space for the keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

A bad feeling about this and I don’t know why, hope I’m wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Poor from alisson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Thats shocking by Becker

Handed the crowd and Westham a leg up here,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Carragher trying so hard to be impartial on the goal.

It's a foul every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Creswell's follow-through seemed to be because of how his foot initially contacted with the ball.

• Advertisement

Studs to knee could have been a lot worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That ended up knee high from Cresswell. He may have got part of the ball first but he's lucky there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

looks like ref is gonna ref this by letting things go, lets see if he is consistent for both teams....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Cresswell very lucky there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Absolutely no way a tackle like Cresswell’s would go unchecked if a Liverpool player had committed it there

• Advertisement
Advertisement