Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

FAI cup final going to penalties, be interesting to see how Jaros does in goal for Pat's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Vitezslav Jaros has won the FAI Cup. My wife is raging because her Book Club friends are Bohs fans! Happy Days! 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Should be a routine victory on Wednesday, Rafa is doing a fantastic job for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Now confirmed by the manager that Sturridge had cramp and didn’t feel up to playing as he isn’t used to 4 hour flights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Hearing Gerrard wants Gomez on loan.

I'm 50/50 on this, be great to get him games but then after last year you'd fear we will need him, especially if we are still in the Carling Cup, FA Cup, Champions league & Prem ,

January & February are normally a hard slogs & people pick up muscle injuries so i reckon we will pass on it and keep him ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

We saw what happened with 3 CBs last season. Not going back to that again.

What the general thought on Konate ,

Seems very raw to me but looks like he has a very high ceiling , concentration needs to be worked on but i guess that will come with games,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

The league heating up nicely it has turned into the three horse race as predicted. 1 point between first and second and second and third. I still feel we've left some points behind us though and with the AFCON coming up but look hard to argue with were we are at for now

It crazy how much could ride on us having Mane & Mo available for the Chelsea game ,

Surely we can work something out and private yet them over after ,

• Advertisement

No obviously not but those numpties both have a obvious blind spot for a cultured ball playing CM,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Does he think he's too good for Nat?!

Not moving Gomez on yet. He's young, had a few injuries and plenty of experience. He does need some games but not week in week out just yet. Let his body recover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

Be madness to let Gomez go in January would be basically undoing signing Konate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What is with your mad notions about loaning out our first team players?

It's not my notion its been all over twitter , As i said id keep him

Only loan i wanted to see was if we had of got a Gini replacement id have let Jones or Ox go on loan just to play games,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Not used to 4 hour flights yet frequently flew to the US when playing for us. 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Ferm001

With African countries falling like flys to the red lists, bound to be major concerns if Afcon will go ahead at all now.

What the crack with the derby ,

Is Amazon the only place you can watch it ? Any way of paying a once off just for the game ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Chelsea are playing first for next 5 games, no chance to play twice before they play once, no chance to open a gap and put pressure on, it's all Chelsea playing first.

Chelsea also have to go off to Abu Dhabi  for ten days after the AFCON to play in the club world cup.

• Advertisement

Chelsea will have to rediscover how to play down the left without Chilwell. Alonso looked out of place by comparison which leaves James as the only wing back for teams to really worry about. I don't think their left side will click automajically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Sounds a bit too far away for Nat from Liam Gallagher's daughter.... 😋

We've run out of assets to sell. Out of Stock

Karius , but he's free to a good home

Neco Williams is close to being the one to step in for Trent if he's injured, can't sell him. Looking to Milner for that role is not fair on Neco, the one chance he gets, given to Milner.

Nat we could sell, but it would not raise a lot

Gomez we must keep, Matip too fragile

We really are out of stock, no one to raise 50m with.

Salah came 7th in this years Ballon d'Or.

Lewandowski robbed of it again this season.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Ballon d'Or is a complete joke. Barely worth taking about at this stage.

Messi, that's funny. He hasn't won a league title in years, yet he wins Ballon d'Or

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

In fairness, he still had a really good season in a rubbish Barca team, and most importantly he won the Copa America. Won the Copa del Rey as well.

Even though we're all a bit bored of him winning it, I think him, Lewandowski, and Benzema were the 3 best last year, and all finished in the top 4, so I don't think it's too far off. I'd have had Lewandowski ahead of Messi, but I totally see how winning an international tournament pips it for Messi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I've never understood how winning/not winning tournaments is so readily used as a measure of an individual player's ability. If that was the case you'd place Jorginho high on the list...

...wait, what?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I agree that it probably shouldn't be weighted so heavily towards players who won big things - but it is, and we know it is. In reality, if you took 10 people and asked them to write up the criteria of how to judge a 'player of the year' they'd probably all come up with different proposals of what matters most. We pretty much know where we stand with the Ballon d'Or, and what attributes are pretty consistently valued highest, for better or worse. So with that in mind I understand how they arrived at their results, and they make sense within the criteria they've held for a long time now.

Short of winning the Champions League with PSG, or the world cup in a years time, it's likely this is Messi's last one anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

It really is just the lovely girls competition and always had been.

Who do we all agree it's the best? Him! Great, he really is the best. Woo.

Football is silly at the best of times. This is beyond silly. Sport has so many natural competitions in it and then they make one up too.

What you lads think about the starting 11 tomorrow ,

I reckon we might see Matip Instead of Konate , Milner in place of Thiago & Origi in place of Mo ( Mo has never started this round of fixtures for us )

Tough game away to Wolves Saturday shame its not Sunday for the extra days rest,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I'd be amazed if Salah isn't starting, probably will be Matip starting I'd agree there, not sure about Milner for Thiago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Everton effectively ended our season by taking out Virgil and Thiago last season, worried about possibly more injuries tomorrow night. They love to kick us off the park

One reason i think Milner might be in the starting 11 ,

The Ballon D'Or is a load of nonsense, it was cancelled in 2020 basically because the lads couldn't have a soiree due to restrictions. After signing for PSG in the summer, Messi was always going to receive that award this year. In reality, he hasn't been the best player in Europe for some time.

Personally I think Lewandowski would have been a more deserving 'winner' for the past three years.

Everton aren't in great shape and I'd like to see most of our first team sit the game out to prevent unnecessary injuries in the event that we take them apart and they begin to vent their frustrations by kicking lumps out of our players. For this reason I'd go with most of the team from the Porto game with Milner in for Thiago and Origi replacing Salah.

Alisson, Williams, Matip, Konate, Tsimikas, Morton, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mane, Origi, Minamino

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Lads just a wuick question for those in same boat as myself, im going to villa game on 11th,the place im staying wants me to get a pcr test 24 hrs before i arrive, thats fine but do i need another one for coming back to Ireland on sunday, id be getting the pcr either thur or the fri which is day i leave for liverpool, will that pcr test cover me for coming home too or will i need to get another one in Liverpool? Its a right pain in the ass tbh and only for the fact ive flights tickets and accommodation payed i wouldnt be arsed going now

• Advertisement

You need either;

• Digital COVID cert
    • Proof of vaccination OR proof you've recovered from COVID within last 180 days.
    • PCR test no more than 72 hours before you arrive back in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Salah usually does get a rest around this time of the year. I remember a Stoke Game, Burnley, Palace, and Everton games where he was rested. He came off early in the last CL game and I would think he won't start the Milan or Leicester league cup games midweek so they will be 2 more tests.

Thiago came off around 60ish against Southampton too. I'd say that might be his rest. Play this game as his quick passing will be a needed asset against Everton who will look to frustrate. Maybe he doesn't start against Wolves then.

Also, Everton played Sunday, Liverpool played Saturday. So that might come into consideration.

FSG have bought the Pittsburgh Penguins. That's quite a coup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

You can get an antigen test coming back into Ireland but can't be a self administered test.

Ask over on the travel thread in the Covid forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Oh so they've money to buy an ice skating team but will not buy players for us. Typical FSG penny pinching. FSG out.

😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

òops sorry,premature attachments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Tomorrow is dangerous.

Everton on a bad run, 2 points in 7 games, players booed off the pitch against Brentford, local Derby..... They'll be fired up and that's dangerous for the Liverpool players, unless Rafa is able to control his players our players could be in the firing line. He'll have them organised and structured, but the easiest thing for them to get the fans back inside is to 'get stuck in', need strong refereeing early on to nip any BS in the bud, not like last year.

So FSG Pa pa pa picked up the Penguins. Who knew there was money is ice skating after a useless phuck . And the players are on 10m a year, USA is so weird. How do they make money to pay players, when the arena is just an ice rink with a few people in it.

Coutinho won the Copa America in 2019, and the Champions Leauge 19/20, and the Bundesliga 19/20, the DFB- Pokal Cup 19/20, La Liga 2019, Copa Del Rey 20 .

. And no one said '' here's a Ballon D'Or ''

Giving it to Messi for a TEAM winning Copa American is silly.

Ah come on we need a win , we haven't beat them away in a while ,

• Advertisement
Advertisement