Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Admittedly I was late to the Thiago party, but the guy is absolutely phenomenal.

Pity he's not about 3 years younger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

And if me auntie had a mickey she'd be me uncle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Given his skills & style of play, I think he could play for another few years.

We already had our ole period though with Roy Evans, now they have their Houllier IN rangnick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Tough game, tough on Wolves who dug in and looked like getting the draw, but this team is extraordinary in many ways.

We should have won it easier, missed a few, especially Jota who is normally ice cool, but the fact it was Wolves seemed to have effected him, he tried to burst the net when the goalie was out of play rather than just sliding it I to the empty net.

We played well though. I liked the way Klopp managed the game. I'd often be critical of his in game management, he sometimes is reluctant to change the shape and formation in game, but today he made brave changes throughout the second half and kept altering the point of attack. All 14 players played some part in the win, they ground Wolves down.

A word on Origi-many are praising his attitude and I wouldn't disagree with any of that, but he has looked sharp when he has played this season, sharper than I've seen him in a couple of years, and his touch was good from the start today. Crucial goal-well done big man.

Houllier wipes the floor with Rangnick. Not a fair comparison.

Hodgson would be a fairer comparison in terms of career trophies, although Hodgson probably shades it in numbers I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Hodgson definitely is the better manager. The Houllier comparison is ridiculous.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,662 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The game today is on sky. Is it worth watching or skip to motd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

A bit disappointed Divock didn't try to retrieve the ball after he scored 😆

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I love the big D.

There I have said it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

I've only just calmed down after big Divvy did his thing once again. What a fella.

The Reds with their football miracles on a weekly basis🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

I think the Evans diss is way off the mark. Evans' side played some of the best football in the league. Brilliant young players were brought through. Team was blighted by a bad defence and United being at their peak, then at the tail end Wenger came with his own brand of brilliance.

Comparing Evans and Ole is mental IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Top 3 all have two home games now, on the back of the two away game we all had, kind of annoying, I feel a mix is better. It's kinda a case of who will blink first.

Would rather be at home to Newcastle, while Chelsea are away to Leeds, the potential for something to change. I only see all 3 winning their two home games.

Villa next for us, that's tricky, because of the Gerrard thing. I hope Villa win tomorrow, to ease their relegation fears.

Who was the Magnificent Male Of The Moment.

I think Thiago for me was the MM of the M . He fought like a dog against Traore , never over the top, but went head to head strongly to disrupt, or foul him through doggedness rather than anything sinister.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gerrard vs. Rodgers tomorrow could be fun if the had a camera on the managers for the game this dislike Gerrard has for Rodgers will be hard for him to hold in for the entire game.

Hopefully when we play Gerrard he will be a Steve Bruce and always fold for his former team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I'd still have us as 3rd favourites to win the league, Chelsea and City have better strength in depth, January will be pivotal for us, if we're within 3 or 4 points by the end of January anything can happen.

Today was'nt just about the result, yes the 3 points were nice but more important was the boost to our confidence, today had a whiff of 19/20 about it where we pulled wins out of draws and you could see the whole squad is up for the battle.

What players does the other two lose to the afcon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Man.... just watching the highlights and Jota's miss just looks more and more mental. He really let himself down there.... absolutely no composure, just tried to smash it. All he had to do was keep his eyes open and roll it. It looked to me like he wanted to make a statement to the crowd who were booing him. I hope he learns from this as he'll be leading the line in January.

As for Divock.... the way he sent the Wolves keeper for the papers was beautiful.

Jota and especially Divock to get their moment to shine in January. Thankfully our fixtures during the time frame in Jan aren't the hardest.

What if someone actually takes Klopps advice and actually says '' here Liverpool, take this 28m, we want Origi'' then what? And maybe on the last day of the season when it's the 88th minute and we need a goal , we look to the bench and he's not there !

Would we still sell in Jan????? As we all know Origi's next Mission Impossible is going to be as stretched out like the installments of the movies were.

Post edited by BorneTobyWilde on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Klopp said one day. He also said Origi is very happy. Nothing happening in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Looking forward to seeing the Jota-Div-Taki attack in Jan, may get a sneak preview vs milan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

A front line of Jota, Firmino and another (likely Origi) should be able to see us through Palace, who will be missing a few vital players, and Brentford. That's a better front line than either of those teams have at full strength.

But I think clubs will strike a deal with the African FAs to release them as late as possible. Salah and Mane are their team's main men, they'll have a say in the matter too I would think. They want to play for their country but also want to win another league so a compromise will keep everyone happy.

And we're winning one of the big one's this year, maybe both.

It’s the Chelsea game that neither side wants to lose players early to the AFCON for which they would if the nations call them up as allowed by FIFA.

So hopefully a deal can be made with there nations to left them play in a huge game that will play a part in where the title will go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Europe to do what its done for hundreds of years. Do a deal so it can keep using African resources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Can't believe he didn't take the ball out of the net and bring it back to the half way line so Wolves could kick off quickly, he's losing his touch!!

I wasn't dissing Evans at all tbh.

Again, I was only talking about the timelines i.e. Club legend in charge - > well respected European manager comes in to sort it out

• Advertisement

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Wow. One of the most stupid statements ever!

But listen, you've been ridiculed enough since your comment so i'll leave you be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Still a bit worried about Mane's form. Very poor again for a lot of the match yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Sadio needs some lovin,he's single ,said it harder in covid times when you have no wife at home .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Probably too busy trying to figure out how to send his wages and bonuses to Origi because he missed a good chance.🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I had given up hope yesterday.

Salah and Mane off target in the last 5. Jota with a ludicrously out of character miss. Wolves with the most pathetic time wasting since Mourinho's heyday.

Then Origi.

This is big.

Manchester City are the favourites. They have to be. Squillions spent, 2 for every position, and a style of play that suffocates at least 15 teams into submission if they're anywhere near their best.

Christmas is massive, with AFCON even bigger. If we're in touch after that, when City's squad will tell the most, then I'll have legitimate expectation that it's possible.

This team, lads.

Never ever take this for granted. We're not impenetrable long term. Walls of money in London and Manchester dictate that they'll be at the top, mostly, no matter what. We're in a purple period with this manager and team.

Enjoy it while it lasts. It won't always be this way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

If Wolves weren't wasting time we wouldn't have had the injury time to score in, works both ways, thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Not sure if jota had scored it would have stood, the elbow into the back in the build up might have gotten it disallowed, arguably his free header he put wide early on was a better chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Thanks for mentioning that. He should try that more often, I wasn't expecting it as in sure the wolves defence weren't expecting it. We played so well in that first half it felt like just a matter of time before we score a rake of goals here. The patterns are impressive, rotation of positions and quick recoveries of ball are all light years ahead of most teams.

To that negative nelly ikozma, who only ever seems interested in having a bloody moan, check your attitude sunshine. Where's the praise for the substitution or the player, not a whimper you grim name calling flatulence ridden air breathing waste of a boards account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

If someone walked on water, ikozma would say it's only because they can't swim!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just on that video, something that always sticks in my mind is Gerrard’s interview when he announced he was leaving Liverpool. He made it very clear that he thought highly of Rodgers, and he said the very same thing again here as he did then; he’d likely have won more trophies if he worked with him earlier on in his career.

Stevie’s upward trajectory as a manager has been extremely positive so far, certainly higher than Brendan’s in his early days as a coach. It all depends on what his peak will be though, I’d love to see him become a good enough manager to deserve the Liverpool job one day. I don’t think there’s any fear of FSG giving him the job if he hasn’t earned it though, they’ll have seen the drawn out car crash that was Ole’s tenure at United and surely wouldn’t make the same mistake in making an undeserved, sentimental appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Glad to see that video, I read on here that Gerrard can't stand Rodgers, guess that was probably unsubstantiated bs, the usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

Your second paragraph is so unnecessary. Don't understand the issue some of you seem to have with this poster. If you think his posts are too negative then fine ignore if you don't want to read them, or challenge his points, but why attack the poster? At the end of it all i am sure he is a fan like you who just wants to see the club do as well as possible.

Not everyone who posts here is a regular poster. Myself I tend not to post too often, especially if we win as I celebrate in other ways than coming on here. I tend to post when we are not playing well or I have watched a game and identified issues with tactics or form of players. It interests me more to discuss ways the club can improve than come to a forum to heap plaudits on the team. Does that make me negative or a whinger? I don't think so.

Unfortunately didn't see the game just the highlights but delighted Origi could pull us out of the fire and not for the first time. Hopefully proves to be a key moment in the season. City are looking invincible again but still a long way to go.

The fight for Arthur Cabral is on, Newcastle, West Ham, Barca, Leeds, Spurs all linked. He'd be a great Jan signing for us, as he's cheap, and as soon as he puts on a Liverpool shirt his value would be 3 times what we paid. I thought FSG loved that, we need stock, players to flip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Thought it was my fault again, was at a wedding when we drew with Brighton and was at a wedding yesterday watching the Liverpool twitter feed for updates. Bell rings to get everyone seated for dinner as the game goes into injury time so resign myself to another draw. Sitting down and hear the shouts of yes coming around from other tables. Mixed crowd so thought it may have been United fans celebrating our draw only to look at my phone and see the notification on Origi Goal 90+. Made the champagne for toasting go down that much sweeter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement