Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

So which goal is people’s favourite last minute winner? Origi vs Everton or Ali vs West Brom

McCallister's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭KevRossi

So which goal is people’s favourite last minute winner? Origi vs Everton or Ali vs West Brom

Gerrard. 2006 FA Cup Final

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FinnC

KevRossi wrote: »
    Gerrard. 2006 FA Cup Final

That was an equaliser but a great goal and moment none the less!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I really hate that when the ball hit the back of the net yesterday and the players wheeled away in celebration that my first thought was 'VAR'.

That panicked 2 seconds of waiting to see will it be ruled out.

It really has taken a huge amount away from the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭Talisman

https://twitter.com/DaleJohnsonESPN/status/1393989054253916168

Mike Dean should give Sam Allardyce a dose of Ted Hastings regarding the disallowed goal.

The 2001 golden goal to win the Uefa cup is up there.

Cue absolute pandemonium in the pub at the time!

5-4,what a game. What a season it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

murpho999 wrote: »
    E1iIjXuWEAM6HE0?format=jpg&name=small

They must have moved the halfway line so or he ran back.

No fan of big Sam and no sympathy for West Brom generally but that pic is a reminder of Gallagher’s performance. Warrior like performance, throwing himself into tackles all day. Looks gutted to get beat.

You get nothing easy - last two games will be extremely difficult also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

6 wrote: »
    The 2001 golden goal to win the Uefa cup is up there.

Cue absolute pandemonium in the pub at the time!

5-4,what a game. What a season it was.

it's hard to rank these things and I've been around a long time but 2001 was probably my favourite season. The fact we were in the wilderness for so long. Even winning the League Cup was wonderful. The last two months every game was like a cup final. Stealing the FA cup from Arsenal, raining on Everton raining on our parade, for a change and European success.

2019 was probably second. I know we won the European Cup but I never thought we would challenge City and even though we lost ultimately it was thrilling to be in a title tilt. 2020 was actually a bit of a blow out in comparison, not that I was unhappy about it.

It's funny but even though we won a lot prior to the 1990s because it wasn't Skyed it wasn't everywhere all through the year. It kind of just happened and you collected the trophies at the end of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

It's a close one. Origi's, based on the fact that it was against Everton, was obviously a huge one.

However, if we actually finish the season in the top 4, Allison's goal becomes more significant, added to the mentalness of the fact that he's a goalie.

Bobby last minute winner against Spurs this season is another one.

Always great to beat Mourinho and made it sweeter it was a last minute goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭KevRossi

FinnC wrote: »
    That was an equaliser but a great goal and moment none the less!

Ah yeah, didn't read the question properly. Felt like a winner though.

Gerrard's v. Olympiakos was with 2 or 3 mins left IIRC, Origi v. Barcelona in the 79th. But they all felt like last minute winners looking back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The brilliant thing about Thiago yesterday was that he was brilliant even though the rest, other than maybe Trent and Allison, weren't really on it.

His influence wasn't reliant on the rest of his team being good. He dragged the unit to a performance that ultimately got the win.

SlickRic wrote: »
    .............. Thiago ..................He dragged the unit to a performance that ultimately got the win.

That's a delirious fncking view, the win is 100% due to Allison getting a last minute goal.
    The performance over 90 fncking minutes was 5/10.

........ and of course credit to Mo for getting us back to level with a great goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Augeo wrote: »
    That's a delirious fncking view, the win is 100% due to Allison getting a last minute goal.

Yeah, I'd argue we couldn't score despite the best efforts of Thiago. Nor did it feel like we would.

It was an incredibly frustrating performance.

Just praying something can click for the next two games for a bit for fluency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Augeo wrote: »

I didn't say the performance from the team was good.

Thiago was excellent, despite the team performance.

And I don't believe we'd have kept any control of the game without him, and probably wouldn't have even got the opportunity to win it at the end.

Fúcking. Fúcking. Fúcking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Shanee. wrote: »
    Would that be the first corner we have scored directly from all season? Or at least one of the very few compared to last few years

Last one I remember was Matip, which was just after VVD was injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Knex* wrote: »
    Last one I remember was Matip, which was just after VVD was injured.

I was shouting at the TV about what a waste it would be to whip yet another corner in.

I didn't say the performance from the team was good.

Thiago was excellent, despite the team performance.

And I don't believe we'd have kept any control of the game without him, and probably wouldn't have even got the opportunity to win it at the end.

He dragged the unit to a performance that ultimately got the win..........

He dragged the team to nothing IMO despite having a good game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Our win yesterday was down to luck. 100%. But you can't profit from luck by letting your head drop, or taking your foot off the neck of your opponent. Were Liverpool incredible, no, were they persistent, yes. Were they lucky, by **** were they lucky! But they were there the whole time trying and trying and trying. That's all you can do. Key players kept going and we profited in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

noodler wrote: »
    I was shouting at the TV about what a waste it would be to whip yet another corner in.

Must have been 3 or 4 corner opportunities in the last few minutes and every time, I was saying how that was a waste and nothing would come of them. I was happy at one stage cos Kyle Bartley put the ball out for a throw in, instead of a corner!

jebidiah wrote: »
    Our win yesterday was down to luck. 100%. But you can't profit from luck by letting your head drop, or taking your foot off the neck of your opponent. Were Liverpool incredible, no, were they persistent, yes. Were they lucky, by **** were they lucky! But they were there the whole time trying and trying and trying. That's all you can do. Key players kept going and we profited in the end.

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,845 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

We have to have a big improvement for the Burnley game or we will lose by a couple ,

It;s going to be a really tough game with the players we have missing and the fact fans will be there,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Ali is the first person to score a goal wearing tracksuit bottoms since.....forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

First goal is crucial in these types of games. Opposition is happy to soak up pressure and frustrate us. They have to come out and play if we score first. But for Salah genius finish we'd never have got back into that game.

Home crowd for Burnley may not help too much. They might roar them on to go try and win the game. Hoping they do anyway.

• Advertisement

The fact that Burney lost 4-0 at home to Leeds at the weekend is a bit of a worry, as you can be sure that Dyche will guarantee there is no repeat performance that bad. Especially when they have home fans for the first time in over 12 months.

I've a feeling that multiple goals will be required to win the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'll be savouring that Allardyce interview for a very long time.

Fitz* wrote: »
    The fact that Burney lost 4-0 at home to Leeds at the weekend is a bit of a worry, as you can be sure that Dyche will guarantee there is no repeat performance that bad. Especially when they have home fans for the first time in over 12 months.

I've a feeling that multiple goals will be required to win the game.

Since the turn of the year Burnley have only won once at home.

5 draws and 5 defeats.

It does feel in typical fashion they will beat or draw with us on Wed.

Trent to miss out on England call up.

Great news for Liverpool! Gets a good rest before pre-season

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9587097/Trent-Alexander-Arnold-set-MISS-England-squad-Euro-2020.html

dogbert27 wrote: »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9587097/Trent-Alexander-Arnold-set-MISS-England-squad-Euro-2020.html

Sorry for Trent. Delighted for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I think that is a click bait article, I would love if he missed out but I don't see it happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

That's nuts if correct, who is in instead of him?

If Ingerland have 2 or 3 better right backs than him, then lump on them for the Euros, they are bound to win it.

Feel for the lad himself though, even if the rest will do him good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,301 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Only an idiot would leave out a generational talent like Trent. He's not even a bad defender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,956 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Every few months a new English RB has a few weeks of good form and the media all decide he's now better then Trent. We've had it with Wan Bissaka, James, Lamptey, James Justin.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FinnC

England’s lost is Liverpool’s gain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I'm fairly sure he'll go, that is just click bait. First to know will be Trent himself. Not some rag.

Looking forward to tomorrow night, want Leicester to win, but then lose to Spurs next weekend, but for Harry Kane not to score. Don't want much, I know :D

That unreal Trent's been amazing the last month the kid has it all ,
    He had a dip like all young lads do ,

Our back 4 of Trent , Robbo & whoever is fit on the day usual a kid & a CM have let in the same amount of goals as United , who have two team of the season players in Shaw & Maguire with ,Lindelöf & AWB who is suppose d to be amazing at defending ,

And Trent played himself back into form in a team that was still largely dogsh1t, with a less than great CB pairing in the back 4.
    Can't fathom how he's not be in the squad tbh.

Looking forward to tomorrow night, want Leicester to win, but then lose to Spurs next weekend, but for Harry Kane not to score. Don't want much, I know :D

Crazy to think we can still come 3rd .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Hope all the Liverpool players get the summer off, on that note the Copa America will be screened on the BBC this summer for those who can't sleep.

I think what ever happens Thiago deserves big credit ,

A lot of nonsense was spoken about him but he been brilliant ,had a horrific injury came back into a shambles of a side but slowly really got himself playing some super football

I was thought Klopp had lost the dressing room completely after the 6 home games in a row but thankfully I was wrong,
    No matter what happens in the next 2 the recent form has show what we will be capable of once we get even half the lads back fit next season ,

We need a CB, 2 CM's & a Striker for next season & i'm sure we will be right up there,

Hope all the Liverpool players get the summer off, on that note the Copa America will be screened on the BBC this summer for those who can't sleep.

Robbo & Gini looking really really tired these days.

I think Robbo was quiet, bordering on poor yesterday. Which is rare. But understandable given he has been the only constant in the defence this season. I'd worry about what sort of break he'll get this summer but at the same time, Scotland probably won't get past the group stage. As Scotland captain, you can be sure he will want to play every minute of every game in that competition too, as it is rare for them to qualify.

Gini won't really be our problem, but next season could be tough for him. He's wrecked. Came off on 70 mins Thursday night and still needed to be rested on Sunday. The long condensed season has taken it's toll for sure. He's sure to be playing 90 mins in all Holland's games, including the warm up games.

Thought Salah actually looked tired too towards the end, but at least he will have the summer off. It's the autumn we have to worry about Salah, with a couple tournaments he could play in, along with the January AFCON.

Mane will really do with the rest, and potentially a holiday back in Africa too.

I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing a settled Fab, Henderson and Thiago midfield for large swades of next season.

If we get our first-choice CB's back then Trent and Robertson will be able to get back up the field to give us that bit more width and stretch the opposition.

So many of our problems this season has stemmed from the CB and midfield injuries.

Ideally Mane and Firmino could do with a recapture of their previous form too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I've no doubt he'll be in the squad. No way he doesn't go to Euros .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing a settled Fab, Henderson and Thiago midfield for large swades of next season.

If we get our first-choice CB's back then Trent and Robertson will be able to get back up the field to give us that bit more width and stretch the opposition.

So many of our problems this season has stemmed from the CB and midfield injuries.

Ideally Mane and Firmino could do with a recapture of their previous form too.

I think we're playing with fire with Williams in defense, I'd rather see Fab in there for last two games, Jones is fit, Milner is fit, Gini is fit, maybe wise to make use of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

if none of our players went to the Euros, I would be delighted.

Will Henderson make it ? Hopefully not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Origi didn't make the Belgium squad or the 12 man short list for replacements.

Benteke make it though.

He needs to move on now for his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,301 ✭✭✭✭rob316

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We are the new Kings of Fergie Time.

Yet you will have some say late goals are luck and lucky

38 winners at 90minutes or later some some amount of luck.

https://twitter.com/goal/status/1394133071281070083?s=20

Advertisement