Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Draw was fair based on how open we were. Sense of injustice is the absolute horse sht VAR. Won't look at Kane but no problem with Robertson. And then Tierney with a howler of a call for the penalty first half.

We need a break now as we have no midfield thanks to COVID and will drop plenty of points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I guess they'd have been working in the same league as each other for over 10 years at this stage, moving from Germany to England around the same time. I don't think Son's had a pro season where he hasn't faced a Klopp team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Is that 3 games for Robbo now? That would include the two games against Leicester (one in the cup) and the game against Leeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Given we were down to 10 and they were up to 12, that’s a decent result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Without our normal midfeild nobody pressed Spurs well enough that why the ball over the top worked so often

Alisson huge error for there goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Glen Hoddle also believes in ghosts, so, ah, yeah....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Ah here. It was very exciting in fairness.

2 teams going for the win throughout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,806 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I know it's IMPOSSIBLE for VAR not to see the penalty on Jota, so how do you explain it, He was about to shoot, then barged over forcefully. Needs to be some accountability, needs explaining, everyone including Spurs would argue it's a penalty. I'm sure they're glad it wasn't given, but they'd too, if honest, would say it was a clear penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Yeah he did both teams at 100% with there best teams out.

• Advertisement

Kane it was strong tackle and I won the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Kane thinking he tackle was strong and fair lol

KANE

''NO red on Robbo, I WON THE BALL''

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Over the course of that came it could have gone either way I don't think the 2 incidents changed it much

Spurs weren’t at 100% to be fair.

ndombele and winks don’t start.

So that’s a b team centre midfield.

He wasn't a mile near the ball, that part is clear as day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

First thing is, Spurs were well worth a point. They had better chances, and could've easily won it. Alisson was MOTM until his mistake.

But that doesn't mean referees' incompetence should be justified. We can all go 'but sure, we probably didn't deserve to win', and that's fine, but that doesn't take away from the fact we'd have had a far better chance of winning if officials were competent.

The Jota penalty.

The Kane non sending off, the injustice of which enhanced by the Robbo sending off.

Not small ones. Not ones where he's merely awarding all the niggle bits to the home team, which can easily happen, and is forgivable. These were massive, game altering decisions.

I've not seen a Liverpool game with that level of refereeing incompetence in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Probably tried to take Robertson’s goal off him too.

he talks that shíte and the journos just nod their heads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Thought Kieta played well considering he had to cover for Milner and Morton for large parts, i'd love him to stay fit for the rest of the season he's such a good player.

The ref was a disgrace today, he was'nt even subtle about his bias in the end.

I think Tierney is awful, he always looks out of his depth. But VAR are to blame for the Kane and Robertson incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Jesus lads Kane is hardly going to say yes it was a foul and I should have been sent off no player is going to say that. That answer is the most predictable thing from today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I knew he was going to answer like that but it still sounded utterly stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Ref can only be as bad as VAR leaves him be for the big decisions.

Can't complain about the draw with the midfield you'd never expect to see.

Interesting where the covid situation takes the league from here, Chelsea were really pushing for a postponement today. The info being released is sketchy. 6 out of 10 games called off.

Klopp that was not a good game it was a fight.

This is as down as I’ve ever seen Klopp.

You should ask Mr Tierney these question.

Robbo is a red we can except that

Kane is more that the yellow

Mr Tierney told me Jota stopped looking to be pushed in the back.

Mr Tierney seems to have an issue with me.

Mr Mariner was fine with me.

We just ask for an Objective referee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Son looks offside for that second spurs goal also.

Yeah, thought it was touch and go myself.... was there a VAR check? Didn't seem to be.

It's both.

If Tierney was competent, VAR doesn't overrule either decision.

Ha ha this is Kane that stole agoal from Eriksen and sweared on his daughters life.

The problem wasn't that it was a fight.

The problem was that it was a fight where only one team was actually allowed to fight.

• Advertisement

ahh Chris Kavanagh was in charge of VAR enough said

Dermot Gallagher getting destroyed by Hoddle, Owen & Given for saying Kane going in low with studs up was not dangerous.

Gallagher it's subjective

Gallagher at least say Jota was fouled and it was clear penalty and he's not sure why it wasn't given

Klopp is the only manager than can talk that long and talk so much sense.

Jota was shaping to shoot, clear as day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

We had more possession, more attempts, more shots on target (albeit less clear cut) and winning with 17 minutes to go, so expecting 3 points wasn't unthinkable. Sadly we also had more red cards and more decisions go against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Forgot that is a three match ban for Robbo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I thought so too, one ASSUMES that it was VAR checked in the background, but who knows given the other calls VAR officials made today

Thought that was a very accurate summary from Klopp. Ref rode us, but we can have no complaints about the Robbo card, red any day of the week. I've no problem with Tsimikas, but he's still behind Robbo, who we'll now miss for 3 games?

It was a game I was worried about, even before I knew Hendo and Thiago were out. It was a pretty cobbled together outfit, and again it shows just how critical Fabihho is to our chances. We were so open when we lost the ball.... I love our attacking style but sometimes you wonder....there were times late in with 10 men we had the 2 full backs up the pitch along with at least one of the centre backs FFS! Anyway, that's how we roll, so we take the rough with the smooth.

Alli and the back 2 were good, they were left very exposed and overall coped reasonably OK, but a bad error by Alli for the second goal. Naby was good but was ran ragged covering others, Morton was a bit out of his depth TBH, showed some nice touches but wasn't really able to give us an anchor in the middle, and the same could be said for Milly. Both struggled really, both at opposite ends of their careers but neither very effective today.

Of the front 2 only Mane really performed. Jota took the goal very well, but he struggled to maintain possession and it was a cause of several counter attacks especially in the first half. Mo was quiet too, play went down the other side mostly and he didn't really threaten.

I don't have a big problem with the game being played today but what's sauce for the goose has to be sauce for the gander. Everyone has to play with weakened teams due to the Covid or else nobody does - it may be what's happening but it just seems that Liverpool in particular (and possible Chelsea given the squad they named) are being asked to play weakened teams while others can get the games put off.

Robbo misses the League Cup quarter final V Leicester if its played that is and that is all

Referees as pundits adds nothing, referees in the VAR booth add nothing.

replace the refs VAR work with actual, stand alone “rules officials” like in the NFL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

• Advertisement

I dunno how refs can even weight up decisions based on their opinion, should be black and white as in the rules. Ref have no right to have personal input into a call, based purely on their bias one way or another. Should be none of this '' hmm I think Jota stopped and looked for it'' Eh Jota has every right to stop where he likes when he's in control of the ball, it doesn't grant immunity to players to barge him over.

VAR is there to correct bad calls, so Refs should ALWAYS give the call, and VAR should ALWAYS be there to over rule and call BS on the likes of Deli Ali dive, while confirming Jota's as a CLEAR penalty. Ref's should give every penalty, even Deli Ali's, but VAR should see what's a penalty, and what's not.

Sky said one game ban which will be the league cup if it’s played

VAR was Manchesters Chris Kavanagh wouldn’t be surprised if it was r checked and not surprised there was no Pen and Kane wasn’t sent off when I seen who was in charge of VAR it’s not the first time for this ref in Liverpool games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

OK, that's OK. Thought it was 3 for a 'violent conduct' tackle, no loss really if he misses the Leicester game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Robbo was taking the piss out of the ref with his goal celebration i think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,471 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Hope Klopp and Mane were tapping up Son for a move, looked very friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

In general, that was an embarrassing day for the Premier League.

The ref was a disaster.

And Var was a dogs dinner.

And should the match even have gone ahead ?

Thankfully, the draw instead of a win means very little for the title race on its own.

It's still in our hands.

Unfortunately we can't rest as many players as City can consistently and still get results.

• Advertisement

Bein Sports reckon it's a 3 game ban for Robbo as it was a straight red, and the fact that even just a yellow would've given him a culmunative suspension.

Advertisement