Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I guess I called that wrong. Well done young Caoimhin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It’s 144 on Sky for anyone looking for it. Starts at 10:30pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

That was great entertainment. It's fantastic watching this team going for it right till the end in games and we are scoring so so many late goals. I always believed we had a chance of equalising,was not surprised at all when it happened. I spent about 20 years of watching United do it under Alex, I'm glad it's our turn again.

As people have said the audio on the Carabao stream was brilliant, makes a huge difference. I guess sky don't want us to hear, "bum", or "bewb" or "willy" from the crowd so they mute it out. Then combine that with Martin Tyler who quite clearly lost all passion for commentating years and years ago and they can present a very dull product at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Place was hopping I'd to pass on my tickets as I got covid, I'm disappointed now there was some noise fair play to the fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

When is the draw

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

might do the lotto lads.

one of the most enjoyable games I’ve watched in a good while even tho it was a cup game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Corgaigh abú!

Some game though, bloody hell, one of the most enjoyable of the season so far. Talk about showboating - giving Leicester 45 minutes against a team half full of kids, before bringing on the adults for business time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Arsenal, lovely. 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

First leg away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

That leaves January looking like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Jota is something else, isn't he? That instinctive header from the shot of Keita was great, and either side of Schmeichel and it is a goal. Good save though. There was some needle in that match, Maddison sliding in front of the Kop wasn't taken well and seems like their fans were far more interested to sing about Liverpool and its people than their team when they were 2 up. That is what you get. Don't see their injuries getting better when we meet them in 6 days time again with a match in between.

Kieta was superb when he came on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

If the league cup stays as 2 legs, it's not actually the worst timing tbf, because of the FA cup draw. Although one would be nicer.

But playing the 'kids' against Shrewsbury only is kinda got out the window now. A small bit. For example we might see TAA & Robbo play 1 alternative game out the 3 each so that Neco & Tsimikas are not playing 3 games each in the week. And to keep rhythm for the lads. 1 game in 2 weeks basically.

Midfield hopefully there will be enough bodies around then to be able to move them around. Hendo, Fabinho, Thiago, Milner, Ox, Jones, Morton. I'd nearly expect Jones to start 2 or 3 of the cup games but definitely play in 3 of them.

Up front could be an issue. Because of the AFCON, Origi & Taki can't really be overworked in the cups as they will have to play the PL games moreso. So we might see Bobby & Jota get a game each in the cups, along with Gordon. Probably too early for Elliot. It's a nice opportunity to play Origi & Taki into form though. They've taken their cup chances this season. So hopefully they can carry it through with momentum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I read somewhere today,not sure where,that Klopp was throwing that match tonight!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Was that game 1 of Robbo’s suspension games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

The only criticism I’d have was when he got into their box he needed to shoot rather than pass.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Great atmosphere! Fantastic to come through after being 0-2 and 1-3 down.

Happy with Arsenal, get over them and beat Spurs in the final, Robbo scoring from a rebounded disputed penalty from a Keane hand ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Sometimes Naby has the makings of one of the best players around. Other times he disappears for a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Aside from the penalty miss I think Taki had a great game

Waterford Whispers News?

Nobody could question the will the win tonight. Anyone that does so to a Klopp team probably never even watches football tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Can someone explain the atmosphere tonight, came across as unreal, almost champions lge comeback volumes, for last 8 of league up,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I think MOTM tonight was the crowd.

Players had no option but to respond to the energy coming down from the stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Partially I think just that we were all watching on channels beyond the usual - Sky in particular are absolute fckers for lowering the volume of the crowd and raising the commentators.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

U could have a point, I was watching in Saudi Arabia, cough, cough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Different crew than the regulars for this competition? Expecting a second string?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Class, enjoyed that alot. Never quit, what a group of players

Agree with the above mentioned TV coverage but also add in, it was partially influenced by reacting to the Leicester fans who kept singing that dreadful 'feed the scousers' chant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

What has happened to the art of defending a lead? Liverpool did well but, really, Leicester did hari-kiri.

Leicester led to their own downfall with time wasting so much in the last 20 mins

Yep, the time wasting came back to bite them 🤭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

It was like watching when he managed Liverpool

New 4 part show on ITV starting on Jan 2nd called Anne

All about Anne Williams journey from Hillsborough to the Justice campaign and beyond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

League game at Arsenal on Feb 26th will need to be rearranged as that's final weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

On a similar note, we scored in the 95th minute and after the restart we regain possession and then Williams launches a helpless ball towards the Leicester box but it's cleared and then results in Milner giving away a free 40 yards out but thankfully Leicester made a mess of the following free.

It doesn't look like we'll ever be able just control a game in the dying minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Really delighted for Ox he will never regain the form he had before his injuries however he is now showing really great consistent form that the team needs in midfield.

I was surprised he wasn’t used in the Spurs game as his press and donkey work over the last month have been really good.

Just looking at the fixtures the Arsenal cup games probably do us a favour, without them we'd play Chelsea on the 2nd and then our next league game would be Brentfrod on the 15th , 2 weeks is a bit to much without a proper game we tend to do better when we start playing in a rhythm ,

The 2 Arsenal games & Shrewsbury will give us a chance to give lads minute & also figure out our best attack without Mane & Mo

The Arsenal games you have final riding on it so any fringe lads who play will try there heart out with the hope of playing in the final .,

Obviously a covid outbreak fu*ks that all up .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

I think it was a mixture of Leicester fans singing horrible stuff and riling the crowd, the way the match went and also a lot of people attending the game tonight were not the normal season ticket regulars , i seen a ton of tickets over the last few weeks on groups up for sale for face value or less which i havent seen in a long time.

I was at the game last week vs Newcastle in the Kop, and i thought the atmosphere was very flat compared to the last match i was at ( march 2019), maybe season ticket holders are just used to watching greatness every week😀

A few things form last night ,

Gomez needs games in a row to get his head right ,struggles when he just comes in form the cold

Konate is going to be some player,

Ox is back to his best,

Jota unreal signing still doesn't get the credit he deservers probably the best CF in the league this season & its not his favourite position ,

Bobby looked silky but a bit slow, ,

Naby was brilliant

Tsimakas another great singing

Also not sure about anyone else but every time the ball went to the right back Neco ( he was great) or Bradley i was expecting certain type of pass we are used to seeing form that position is on & then id remember ohh sh*t only Trents capable of that ,

Honestly i think it was because there was so many young lads & fringe players the crowd wanted to help them out, there was less expectation & more encouragement, Then when Leicester started acting the boll*x it lifted everyone again ,

Also the subs came on with a real sense of we are the proper first team lads and we will change this & the fans also seemed to take to that, It was mad never seen a CB sub have such an impact without scoring, Once Konate started to dominate everyone from player to fan thought hold on we can do this,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

If I would have known how good this club is, how much we mean to each other, I would want to be here much earlier

Does Klopp ever say the wrong thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Crowd made that game last night, theirs and ours. Theirs with their moronic identikit songs that every other fan of clubs around England sing and our feral response to it. Oh and that cocky git Maddison knee sliding in front of the Kop.

It's going to be epically crap when they close the stadiums again.

So which foot is is Jota's strongest?

Left foot

Right foot

Headfoot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Only saw the highlights last night, so can't really comment on many specifics. Good win though, I was very indifferent to the result really, but even from the highlights you could see the lads and the crowd were up for it throughout the second half especially - it was noticeable that a couple of lads that scored the penalties kinda gestured or reacted to the Leicester crowd after scoring, the comments about abide chants probably explain some of that. Thought some lads looked rusty, Gomez and his partner at the back who looked very slow and leaden footed in the highlights. Big change apparent when the reinforcements came in, really seemed to shore things up. Kelleher mada a few decent saves, was close to caving vardys goal, maybe a stronger hand would have if I'm being critical, buy hard to tell how he did in the highlights.

Once again though, in a game in a competition that is bottom of our priorities, once again the lad's didn't want to accept defeat, even when 2 down. Great attitude, great spirit, real togetherness. These are special times with a special playing/coaching group - I'm around long enough to know that these days come and go and we should enjoy this group while we have them.

No game now until Leeds - Happy Xmas Lads and Lassies, here's to plenty of silverware in the new year!

Just hope Santy leaves a big present under the tree like he did with Virgil a few years ago 😁

• Advertisement

I'v a feeling Tsimakas will start against Leeds,

He was playing really well and Klopp took him off on the 80th when we still needed a goal .

Probably to keep Robbo fresh for the away Leicester game ,

Advertisement