Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Are only Burnley fans allowed to attend the match? No away supporters?

3500 Burnley fans only, all getting in for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

.red. wrote: »
    If we finish 4th, and Chelsea 5th, but they win the Champions league.
    Do we loose out?

It hasn't been asked in about 10 hours so I wasn't sure.......

It's been asked 10 times a day for the last month at least, NOOOOOOO

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I'd be hoping that the fans in the stadium tonight will mean Burnley will want to put on a show and not just sit back and play turgid football. That plays in to our hands, but only if we find out scoring boots. Our conversion rate this year is shocking. I think Salah is just a machine and nothing can stop him. Mane seems to be suffering the after affects of Covid and doesn't have the same energy levels. Bobby has been dropping off each season but the man is pure class when he's on it so hopefully we see that again next season. With all our injured players coming back and a bit of luck that we don't have the same issues again next season, we will be well in the hunt for the league again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

LFCFan wrote: »
    I'd be hoping that the fans in the stadium tonight will mean Burnley will want to put on a show and not just sit back and play turgid football. That plays in to our hands, but only if we find out scoring boots. Our conversion rate this year is shocking. I think Salah is just a machine and nothing can stop him. Mane seems to be suffering the after affects of Covid and doesn't have the same energy levels. Bobby has been dropping off each season but the man is pure class when he's on it so hopefully we see that again next season. With all our injured players coming back and a bit of luck that we don't have the same issues again next season, we will be well in the hunt for the league again.

Did u not get the memo? Bobby has found his shooting boots and is back. He'll see us through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Eze potentially ruled out for the rest of the season according to Sky. Big loss for Palace for their game with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

If the last game is anything to go by this will be 1-1 when in the 94th minute Alisson concedes a penalty and gets sent off. Karius comes on, saves the peno, runs up the pitch and gets the winner.

Who writes the script for the Palace game after that is anyone's guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Just win 3-0 please. Couple of early goals and no bloody fuss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,118 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Think we'll need to score multiple goals to win this. If Liverpool could score the 1st & 2nd goal, it would settle an awful lot of nerves. Don't fancy chasing the game again.

Sounds like the only change will be Gini for Jones. Then again, there aren't any other changes possible really.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

If we don't score in the first 15 minutes. It's going to be a long night..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭plibige

3-0 would be perfect, give us a nice +4 goal difference heading into the last game.

But because that would be the easy/nice option and based on the season we had i just don't see it happening!

Anyway a wins a win and its what we need so that's all I'm hoping for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Here's what I'm thinking:

- after a disappointing couple of months, isn't this exciting?
    - also, it kinda doesn't matter

The second will be weird to people, but this has been a great recovery run over a two month + period. It bodes well for next year regardless of whether we sneak 4th or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

.red. wrote: »
    If we finish 4th, and Chelsea 5th, but they win the Champions league.
    Do we loose out?

It hasn't been asked in about 10 hours so I wasn't sure.......

we'll finish 3rd , Villa will Draw/beat Chelsea and Spurs will Draw/beat Leicester. we'll win both our matches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

3500 Burnley fans only, all getting in for free

I still expect to see a pocket of scousers somewhere in the crowd. They always seem to find a way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Eze potentially ruled out for the rest of the season according to Sky. Big loss for Palace for their game with us.

Gotta love Sky with their out for the rest of the season headlines with 4 or 5 days left :D

Sure wasn't Jota out for the season as well :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,844 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

The second will be weird to people, but this has been a great recovery run over a two month + period. It bodes well for next year regardless of whether we sneak 4th or not.

Agree with first point

but ohh god it matters ,its huge to miss out on the champions league, Even bigger if we missed out 2 seasons in a row which can't happen if you don't miss out the first season,

This period with the current great players & manager won't last forever
    It's so important we make the absolute most of it while we can & not be missing out on even one season of Champions league football ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,844 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Speak Now wrote: »
    Gotta love Sky with their out for the rest of the season headlines with 4 or 5 days left :D

Sure wasn't Jota out for the season as well :P

Eze is possible ruled out for the rest of the year not just season , a big difference there ,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Very unlucky for Eze. Looks like a bit of player, maybe one we could be interested in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

A win tonight guarantees europa league at least ......................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Agree its very exciting, that United game was the most passion I've seen from the team this season.

2nd point, no way, from a financial perspective coming out of a pandemic we need all the revenue we can get.
    From a footballing perspective, its hard to get back into it after missing out, and it becomes a vicious circle of you not been able to compete and hold onto your best players.

• Advertisement

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Very unlucky for Eze. Looks like a bit of player, maybe one we could be interested in?

If Liverpool were, it does seem to suit their 'new' transfer approach.

What was moneyball, and buying players where their transfer value was undervaluing their actual value and buying these players to exploit the market. They were happy to develop the player at the club. Think Henderson, Coutinho, Borini, Alberto, Aspas, Markovic etc. Obviously there is a risk attached to these type of signings where the player may not develop as expected.

Whereas now, they seem to be happier to buy the players after they become more established in a top league. Liverpool could have signed Alisson, Firmino, VVD, Salah etc earlier in their careers but in a lot of cases, they let those players to sign for other top 5 league clubs and develop their before signing them. The transfer fee increases, but the level of risk decreases. Let VVD, Mane et all come in and play for Southampton for 2 years and then swoop in.

Eze is that type of signing. I would think a lot of top clubs saw him light up the Championship last year and were very impressed. But they were happy to let Palace sign him for £16m and get him settled + embedded in a PL side for a season or two playing consistently before making their move. It mitigates the risk. If he is good enough, signing him for a ~£25-30m after 2 seasons in the PL is still cheap enough in their eyes if they think he is good enough. Which he could well be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm bricking it lads. Don't know why.

Not been this nervous for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Liverpool team:

Alisson, Trent Phillips Williams Robertson, Fabinho Wijnaldum Thiago, Salah Firmino Mane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Who is Will Norris?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Shanee. wrote: »
    Who is Will Norris?

Chucks brother?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Who is Will Norris?

Some lad who has played most of career in League 2 and below. This is a game where Paul Ince's attacking tactics are spot on.

vlcsnap-43555.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,278 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Who is Will Norris?

Makes his premier league debut in goal for Burnley tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

ShamoBuc wrote: »

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47jxf3gsjvosq6l4axadf68njpeii2yh8wre91jng5&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Cue another keeper playing the one game of his life against us. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭tinpib

dogbert27 wrote: »

Cue another keeper playing the one game of his life against us. :(

Fingers crossed he has 3 howlers in the first 20 minutes and we win the game comfortably, but the lad then puts the game behind him and goes on to have a good career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

It’s either going to be a brick wall performance for the keeper or the ball will bounce over his shoulder a la Flowers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Who is Will Norris?
    ShamoBuc wrote: »

He is going to have the game of his life aint he? He is probably going why now

Edit: Dammit beaten to it

If Bale could be injury free he be great as a squad player for us.

Oh and his wages

If Bale could be injury free he be great as a squad player for us.

Oh and his wages

I think he has lost the hunger for the game in his time at Madrid.

He'll just drift around for a few years picking up as much money as he can like Owen did and fizzle out to retirement and spend the rest of his days on the golf course.

I think he has lost the hunger for the game in his time at Madrid.

He'll just drift around for a few years picking up as much money as he can like Owen did and fizzle out to retirement and spend the rest of his days on the golf course.

He has been the best Spurs player for months and scores most time when on.

In saying that not 2 hard being best Spurs player at the moment

Kloop could get some hunger out of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

We must be due a 3rd choice keeper making a couple howlers against us rather than turning into prime Buffon.

Ah hurry up kick off!

He has been the best Spurs player for months and scores most time when on.

In saying that not 2 hard being best Spurs player at the moment

Kloop could get some hunger out of him

He still has a year left of ridiculous wages from Real and we won't be paying him the same so I think it will be one more loan season for him.

Might not be a bad loan option but I would go for Son if we are looking for a player for an attacking option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭mormank

Who is Will Norris?

Tonights MOTM no doubt. :mad:

He still has a year left of ridiculous wages from Real and we won't be paying him the same so I think it will be one more loan season for him.

Might not be a bad loan option but I would go for Son if we are looking for a player for an attacking option.

Oh I agree the his wages are out of the price range

• Advertisement

4-0 to the Kloppites!

Oh I agree the his wages are out of the price range

He’d have to cut off that silly bun as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Great chance for Mo to pass Kane tonight of Spurs Villa finishes as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

It’s just written in the stars for Norris isn’t it……

It's possible for Norris to get MOTM, and Liverpool to win!

Another 95th min winner, although not sure how much my heart can take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

tumblr_ozuiz7n9vK1w7o37yo1_250.gifv

Norris in goal, this is good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭tinpib

Fitz* wrote: »
    It's possible for Norris to get MOTM, and Liverpool to win!

Another 95th min winner, although not sure how much my heart can take it.

I remember Liverpool beating Newcastle 1:5 or something and Shay Given got MOTM, it should have been about 1:12.

If someone just clicked on as Liverpool was waiting would be going WTF did they get changed behind a wall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

If we can finish the game with more goals than Burnley we'll have an incredible chance of winning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

So Spurs losing means Europa league at worst, not that dreaded new conference thing a ma jig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

If we can finish the game with more goals than Burnley we'll have an incredible chance of winning

Go back to watching Corrie

• Advertisement
Advertisement