Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

People just don't seem to realise Jones' development is the norm while the likes of Harvey are a rare beast. Jones still has plenty of time to develop.

Gerrard was a rough diamond much like Jones for a long time until he came good so go figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

I think we got a break with Kelleher today - don’t think we could’ve complained toomuch if it was a red. We’d still have won though.

No penalty for me though - the guy changed the line of his run and Konate could do nothing to get out of his way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

the guy changed the line of his run and Konate could do nothing to get out of his way

Just like the penalty Jota got when he changed his line of his run into the Palace keeper.

Consistancy say Cardiff should have gotten a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Agreed, but I think the Jota decision was wrong. VAR or no VAR, we’ll never get consistency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I think currently Jomesnjust isn't good enough

He beat assest is on the ball but doesn't produce often enough right now & often holds onto it to long

Off the ball he runs and tries but his positioning and tactical awareness is shocking off the ball, He looks clueless at times,

Still young so the penny can still drop

Porto away he was brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Everyone said the Jota penalty was the wrong decision.

Except the officials and that is who we want the consistancy from.

Klopp on the AFCON

"I will watch it but I don't know how closely. Nat Phillips will probably also make his debut tonight so I might watch that."

Klopp he really does know how to say the right things

Nat starts for Bournemouth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

I agree he is still young and could improve. Comparing his development to Gerrard though is a bit of an optimistic spin on him. He has glaring weaknesses in his game which don't suit being in a midfield 3 for Klopp. He hasn't shown any progress on those weaknesses between last season and this season so for me his trajectory has stalled. He could improve but time is ticking. I think he should be given more time but he still has lots of work to do. I actually think his attributes, where he is good in quick interchange situations, has a decent delivery and a decent shot, would be better suited to a different team and setup. He currently isn't functional or have a balanced game to play in Klopps midfield consistently and he doesn't have the pace or dribbling to play in one of the 3 attacking positions.

The comparison was probably a bit much but I'd maintain Gerrard only became a world beater under Rafa, about 6 years after he broke into the team.

Plus Gerrard had the benefit of time and being a consistent pick before he fully realised what he had. Jones doesn't has that luxury. We're expecting too much from him right now.

Mané smashes penalty down the middle and it's saved...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

It will be an awkward flight home no matter who wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Yep, after Salah got in Mane's head with mind games. Mane ended up doing something he never does, hit and hope down the middle with power.

Mo with the tips to the keeper. 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Jones probably could have done with a loan, like Kelleher tbh. But also like Kelleher, they were needed this season - that Jones has played 16 games in just the first half of the season is a fairly firm sign of that. Hopefully the team's midfield can get more settled and sorted before next season and he can go out. He's just been caught between a rock and a hard place - too raw to be a mainstay, but too talented to be let go in case we're running short of players. Only turned 21 last week, which we really need to keep in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Mane has actually reacted very well to the miss, most dangerous player in the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Roy Keane taking the Man Utd defeat to heart trying to 2nd guess Liverpool and Salah

Dream debut, it's incredible to be at Anfield and feel its atmosphere on the pitch. Great team match. Let's go Reds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

In fairness to him, Utd had enough chances to win that game comfortably and were very hard done by for the handball.

As for the Salah situation, sure he could join boards Liverpool forum here and he wouldn’t be out of place. We’ve all been doing the same for months trying to figure the situation out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Theres definitely something up with Mane & Salah - they didn't pass to each other once in those 45 mins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

I've only watched a bit of AFCON but the commentary on Sky is awful, the lads are like 2nd rate youtubers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

With Salah involved we are surely looking at extra time

Nat’s debut didn’t go well knocked out of the FA Cup by Boreham Wood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

None of the commentators are there - they are doing it remotely. The tournament in general has been woeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

How did Nat do himself? 50 defensive headers and a Cruyff turn for good measure?

He was alright you could tell he never played with them before.

Dispite all the pressure they put on Boreham, Bouremouth deserved what they got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I think jones could be compared to Jamie Carragher. Early in his career he was not in the first team plans but would eek out games in a variety of positions.

He was quite talented at a young age but had to develop his fundamentals over nearly 7 years to become the standard he's remembered for.

I think Jones is here for the long term but its gonna take another few years of him working on himself to reach at least first choice sub for us. He's not able to do what he did at underage in the pro game. If he has grit and resilience, which i think he does, he will learn from klopp and become a fairly decent squad member.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

My eyes are hurting me watching this muck.

Please somebody score a goal so our lads don't have to do another 30 mins..

Ref seems very biased towards Egypt BTW.. Fati should be off and Koulibaly? penalised every time he wins a ball. Very suspect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

4th ET game in a row for Salah & Egypt.

Mane will beat himself up for that penalty miss. Especially considering the circumstances in which Senegal lost the last final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

This tournament could not have gone much worse for Liverpool. Salah in his 4th consecutive extra time and Mane also getting all the way to the final. No way either of these will feature against Leicester at the weekend. Shouldn't need them anyway based on what I saw of Leicester today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

From what I've seen of Afcon (which isn't a lot tbh) Salah isn't exactly running himself into the ground and/or pressing like he does for Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Correct, he's basically hanging out high right for counter attacks and isn't under any pressure to press. He'll still be knackered when he gets back and will need a rest, Mane too who is actually far more involved in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Mane and Salah playing the full 120 mins in the final.... yay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Mane diving..just give him another yellow. Embarrassing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Whichever one wins will be buzzing and probably OK for Leicester on that alone. The other will need a few days off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Playing Leicester Thursday night and Burnley away on Sunday but I do agree I wouldn't want either player involved against Leicester and maybe Burnley too especially considering we now have a bit of decent cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Getting real nasty now, tackles flying in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Poor game. Really needed that early Senegal penalty to go in to make Egypt play a bit.

Hope Senegal win the penalties, Sadio will be in bad mood if they lose in the circumstances.

Bloody hell - reaallly hope for Mane's sake that Senegal can take it on pens.

Mane will be broken for the rest of the season if they lose this :(

Mane and Salah last for their respective countries... jeysus!

All down to Mane now

Might be best that Mane scores and Salah doesn't get to take one.

Great penalty and a deserved win for Mane and Senegal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Well if Mane misses this....

Surely not.

Delighted for him

Mane with the chance to win it here--

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Delighted for Mane!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Mané with the winning penalty - delighted for him, especially after he missed early on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement