Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

A few injuries lately for Milner, but that happens to anyone, hard to say it's age related. I think level he is at now, is not likely to drop for 2 years. I just really thought we'd upgrade in summer, that Milner, Jones, Ox, Origi, Morton (loan), all could leave, and that we'd bring in proven midfielders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I am going off his last couple of performances, a younger player and you would say out of form, at milners age he may never get back in form,i don't love him any less for it but I fear he is may not be up to the level we have available now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Couple of thoughts, with offside and the assistant not raising their flag I see that as a positive. It keeps Alisson in the match and his concentration up as well. Keeps him sharp to make saves so when a player is onside and there is a 1:1, he won't be rusty than he would had those flags gone up to stop play. There is still a risk for injury to a defender though.

As for Milner, I think we need to look at English eligibility in our squad. Our problem is that we don't have enough players who are homegrown to fill out our squads at the moment. If we cannot get the player who will not take an overseas squad player spot in the midfield then it may be prudent to keep him around. I am sure those in charge is keeping that in mind as well when looking at our squad for next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I think it's worth considering the space and wages a player take up too. If one player leaves, what type of player can replace him? If two leave is it an opportunity to get one top player in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

One of the rare occasions in football you’d choose a player because he came from Leeds, and not La Masia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Klopp wants Milner in the squad for next season that's all that matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Ye pretty much sums it up , we all have our opinions bu thankfully its Klopps one that matters,

I'd like to see a Fabinho Thiago Keita midfield tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Predicted team?

Allison, Robertson, Trent, VVD, Konate, Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson, Jota, Salah, Mane,

I think he will give Matip a rest as he played midweek. The question is whether he will start Henderson, who has just recovered from injury. I would prefer to see Keita or Elliot. He could also throw Diaz in instead of Mane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

My predicted team/team id like to see;

Allison

Trent--Konate--VVD--Robertson

Kieta--Fabinho--Thiago

Salah--Jota--Diaz

This is what I'd go for personally:

Alisson, Trent, Konate, VVD, Robertson, Fabinho, Keita, Thiago, Jota, Firmino, Salah.

Mane, Elliott, Henderson and Diaz all available to come on with the 5 subs in the UCL. I don't like seeing Bobby left out in these big away games, he goes through some amount of work and the chance to bring Mane on against a tired defence could work out very well for us.

A midfield of Fab,Henderson & Thiago to start is what id go for,

I think we can beat these with aggressive pressure,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

If Firmino is fit I think he will start. Klopp likes using him in Champions League games.

We are being linked to Ajax's Brazilian right winger Antony this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Jaysus...in two minds over our current boldness in the market. Half thinking we're finally putting depth in there finally, other half is thinking it's just buying now in advance of big changes.

Hopefully it's the former.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Clearly big changes coming - very little chance of Salah, Mane and Firmino still being here next season. The real question is will we lose one or two of them!

We bought one player, and missed out on another who likely won’t even go straight into the first team. I wouldn’t be worrying too much about departures based on that and being linked to yet another player that we more than likely won’t sign.

We’re probably going to lose one of the front three in the next 18 months, but I’d be shocked to see more than one of them depart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Excited for this tonight, real big game feel, inter look a proper side and test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭dzer2

Not looking good for ticket collection in Milan the away end could be down a few lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Some show of faith in Elliott starting away at the San Siro to make his CL debut!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That bench is ridiculous so many options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

Not that long ago pretty much all of us were moaning about lack of depth. That’s a fabulous first team with good bench options.

5 subs in the Champions League too, not that Klopp will use them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Says it all about Elliott that he can be picked away in the San siro against the Italian champions and nobody bats an eyelid, especially given we're at full strength and can pick anyone. He's made for this level at such a young age.

Liverpool playing back to back games in the same stadium, against different teams!

• Advertisement

Kerr saying playing Elliott is insulting Inter that Elliott wouldn't be in Klopp's first 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Kerr hasn't a clue, he's spouted so me nonsense there for the last few minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Jota breaks away from a rugby tackle and its a free kick against him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Absolute lol at that being given as a free out.

Lovely pass there Thiago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Anyone using Livescore, no commentary at the moment?! Jokers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,039 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Early days, but already the ref isn't looking like giving us much..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Big chance for Mane, fantastic ball from Robbo

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Blessed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Wow we got an attacking free kick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is it raining over there? Loads of players losing their footing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Ugh Thiago's arm, could easily of caused serious damage to it.

That looked an award one for Thiago on the landing. Hopefully noting to serious!

Missing Henderson

Elliott side is far to open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

There will be goals in this, very open.

Henderson has been woefully out of form and a liability lately so I don't know how much we are missing him to be honest!

Elliott decision making has been poor so far

We've a real battle on our hands here. Inter are well up for it.

There has been a huge amount of talk and build up to this within the Italian media so Inter deffo up for it. Id have taken a draw and win by 2 in Anfield before it and I'd still settle for that although we will need to score here as this ain't finishing scoreless!!

Elliott keeps giving the ball away in simple situations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,039 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Great atmosphere there too, which i'd say is helping them. I'd say keeping things calm for the first half, and going for it more in the second when the adrenaline has worn off a bit might be the way to go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement