Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Doesn't sound too bad, final only 10 days away. Even he misses the final we should be only talking about weeks not months out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

You're adding 'the form' and 'automatic choice' element, Klopp didn't say any such thing. When everyone is fit, it's horses for courses in midfield.

If you go back to my post that you first quoted, it mentions “form” and Elliot was picked ahead of him. My point was, the fact that Hendo is club captain and lifted the premiership trophy does not shield him from criticism if his performance drops, nor protect him from being replaced by Elliot in the starting lineup. Nothing more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Thought Elliot struggled last night.

Bold decision to start him that didn't really work for me.

I wouldn't be playing Minamino or Origi given we have five options for the front three against Norwich.

The game didn't go as Klopp expected, thus he made the subs which changed the game. That's the beauty of having a strong bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Both the Norwich & Leeds games are on Premier Sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

The most followed pl team in Ireland should be on tv....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I know Konate has VVD or Matip next to him but we really have gotten the better out the pair from RBL. Upamecano has been fairly underwhelming at Bayern apparently. Think teams were scared off Konate because of injuries but Liverpool's scouting once again knew what they were doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

For sure

The club also seem to have nailed the welcome and integration process. Despite decent price tags there's been no early expectation on him or Diaz (albeit he's had a quick impact), seems like they're allowed to settle and become part of the squad in a very low pressure way, it's great to see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

A Lot of people are quick to call Diaz a success, Yes he has played well so far but if he is to replace Mane its all about numbers, he needs to start scoring goals,

Yep.

He is settling in nicely and you can see that he is going to be a top CB in a couple of years. I wouldn't have him as the leading CB just yet, like a VVD etc, but he's more than capable of being the 2nd CB right now. I think he can grow into that leading CB eventually. It could well be the plan.

What I like about the scouts is that they have a designated skill set they want and then go and target players with those skills. It's not a name basis or 'oh this is CB is good' or 'this guy is available'. When they signed VVD, they wanted players aerially dominant, comfortable in possession in a high line and could pass the ball. Laporte was another they looked at iirc. He would have fitted into the system with ease if VVD was not signed and the system would not have been changed to suit the one player. Look at Man Utd for example mis-mashing styles with Varane and Maguire. They don't make sense as a pairing. If Konate was not signed, you just know that the next target down the list would have come in and performed the same role in the same manner. Maybe even better. Look at Werner / Jota for example. I have complete faith in the whole scouting department and how they operate.

I'm not sure i agree,

I think the 3 that changed the game may have been planned pre-game, & nothing to do with how the game was going,

All 3 bang on 60 minutes makes me think they where pre planned by the fitness team ,Even more so when its Elliot just back ,Mane just back form Afcon & Fab who plays almost every game ,

Will Mo play bpoth games this week ?

Im serious thinking of triple captaining him in the aul fantasy football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Just heard a stat on the Anfield Wrap there, since Real Madrid knocked us out of the CL over 10 months ago, this team have only lost two games in every competition! Unbelievable run of form and really I hope this team adds plenty more trophies over the next few years because if we don't, as great as the last few years have been we'll likely look back with a hint of regret that we hit the bar in a few competitions. Champions League finalists, second in the PL with 97 points, Europa League finalists and League Cup finalists under Klopp with one more final coming up next week.

The start of a trophy filled season begins next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Worst fans in the world we are....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

It's a great run of form, but, nothing to show for it yet, would agree that we do need to start picking up some more silverware, starting with the league cup next week. The league is a long shot in my opinion and a long way to go in both CL and FA cup, but, well capable of winning both.

Agree that one league title and one CL as great achievements as they are would be looked at, as a poor return for this team if no more silverware is added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Was it not Atletico Madrid? Don't recall losing to Real 10 month ago.

Or am I losing my mind???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

you're losing your mind !! 3-1 defeat V Real Madrid in Madrid last April

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That was the COVID year where there was a massive outbreak in Madrid but they let the games go ahead. Then Liverpool had huge infection rates.

We got beaten by Real last year with no fans in the stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Yeah that's still the last game, last event of any kind, I've been to. Madness that they let it go ahead in hindsight.

It's also, I think, the only Anfield defeat for van Dijk since joining. A 3-2 loss after extra time

He's never lost over 90mins at home in any competition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Konate's doing well on that front too - 15 appearances, 13 wins, 2 draws, no losses. Those are the sorts of records it's very nice to have from your CBs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd start Luis today and see if he has the same effect on Norwich that the last Luis did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Thanks, just proves the theory that we tend to foreget painful experiences 😥

• Advertisement

Bit of a quick double header with Norwich & Leeds games coming together before the cup final.

Thinking about it now, I think Klopp may rotate today a bit, and then give a lot of players the double game of Leeds & Chelsea together before giving a big rest then in the fa cup against Norwich after.

Think we could see Gomez, Ox & Diaz start today. Maybe Tsimikas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Such a big game, that chance to close gap to 6 pts, I'd not be putting out a weakened team. City face Spurs, a Spurs team that has lost last 3 league games, conceding 7 goals, will they lose 4 in a row, not likely. I'm sure Conte will make sure they at least give a good account of themselves today. Could be a big day in the title race.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

#LFC Starting XI: Alisson, Gomez, Matip, Van Dijk, Tsimikas, Henderson, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Diaz, Mane, Salah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I knew there’d be rotation, but wow, that’s a lot of big players rested. Trent, Robbo, Fab, Thiago and Bobby, that’s five of our current best XI (taking Jota’s injury into account).

It says a lot about the squad depth that the starting XI today still looks great. I do worry about Gomez at right back though, not a fan of him in that position but if ever there was a game to do it in, it’s Leeds in midweek where he’ll actually have some defending to do rather than Norwich at home where I’d expect him to have a very quiet day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Firmino has a muscle injury. Why does it always seem to be the one position it affects when we get injuries

• Advertisement

Is Trent injured

Just shows the importance of team depth. I think FSG are fully on board with this now.

Gomez my ownly concern too

As long as he focuses on his defensive duties first and foremost, I'd be confident we can do without Trent's wizardry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

TAA not even on the bench.

Hope he's not injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

The Echo saying Trent is just rested, Firmino has a muscle injury though.

Hope it works out, Norwich a different team this past month, this could be a disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think I would have liked Kelleher start this and the Leeds game if he is going to start the cup final that’s not a game to being starting cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Plenty of pace up front anyway.

Trent is the one player I wanted to see rested so I'm happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Lads,it's Norwich,at anfield.

• Advertisement

We should have enough, 2 early goals would be nice, followed by 10 more.

Not to windy today,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

Something tells me this won't be the walk in the park we think it will. I don't doubt we'll win but dont think we're looking at a 5-0 job here.

Diaz center, cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Jaysus, living dangerously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I still get palpitations when they score from the high line but 9 times out of 10, its offside. Just can't get comfortable with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Greek scouser you messer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

What a miss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Pitch looks in shite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Was just going to post the same. Looks like they've had a few games of rugby there over the last few days.

• Advertisement

Gomez very central there when trying to get out.

Advertisement