Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Virgil for 6-0!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

VVD is the man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Goallllll

He got his 70+ minutes tonight. My initial response was to Tusky suggesting three substitutions in which Thiago and Fabinho should be withdrawn from midfield. Whatever about wrapping Thiago in cotton wool for Sunday, there's no way Curtis Jones should be the midfielder to play the full 90.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Exactly what we needed, goal difference could be crucial. On to win a trophy at weekend now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Nice symmetrical goalscoring - 2 each from the Afcon finalist forwards, and 1 each from the CBs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

KLOPP WITH THE EXTRA PUNCHES TO THE CROWD

........OH IT'S ON !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

Someone tell me why Bielsa is held in such high regard. They have been on the end of some woeful beatings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Nice handy game tonight plenty of goals now roll on Sunday hopefully another trophy too add to the collection..

• Advertisement

My comments were entirely aimed towards the post I quoted of you saying; "So long as Jones is on the pitch, Leeds are still in the game."

Which just comes across as needlessly negative about a kid in a game we were 3-0 up in at the time. (I'd have also had no problem with the other two being replaced to rest them, with Jones playing the 90 in an easy win. didn't happen, but it would've been totally fine if it had).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Outstanding perormance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The guy took a poor lower mid-table Championship team to top half of premier league. Plays an explosive style of football that's hard not to admire, just got to take the bad with the good. He wouldnt be taken at a top club, definitely wouldn't suit that position, but his re Ord in improving players is something else

Curtis was replaced and we scored another three goals without any further slip ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Jones had a good game. There would have been no issue with finishing the second half with Henderson-Keita-Jones.

Great game and result. The team is purring. The squad is strongest in living memory. VVD looks sharper than earlier in season. Thiago and Fabinho are silky smooth together. Salah and Mane both scoring. Diaz looks crazy good. Happy days!

Only complaint: why oh why did Salah play 90 mins. No need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Seven fist pumps... Secret message??

Lads, we're going to win the league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Overall he's performed absolute miracles with that Leeds team (and just about everywhere else he's been).

He does have a weird blindspot for matches against the best teams alright though - sticks to his game plan despite it demonstrably not working against a higher calibre of player.

But as a fella, he's especially likeable as this enigmatic underdog guy who takes on smaller teams and builds them up to something way beyond the sum of their parts, and this strict dedication to his style is almost his biggest strength and biggest weakness. It's probably what's stopped him getting the biggest jobs, but it's also a mark of his unrelenting self belief in his team and himself.

I'd give him a break this year, they've been absolutely ravaged by injuries - like, as badly as we were last year. It's just been an awful year for them.

We lost how many times this season Pep?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Actually felt sorry for Leeds there.

Play an extraordinary type of game..the way they go man to man is brave bordering on insanity.

Rather watch them than all the rest of them teams defending with 10 players virtually on the 18 yard line.

They die with their boots on...

In saying that I'm glad I don't support them..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Unbelievable professional performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Outstanding indeed. Leeds just gave up after 3-0 though. Hopefully we didn't see Liverpool using up all of their goal scored for the week tonight!

Nice for the big goal difference increase and to get some confidence into some players like Mane before the cup final. Salah is purring and Hendo is finding some form too again.

Klopp is well up for the cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

That Salah pass to Henderson for Mane’s 1st was so good. Best player in the World.

Yup, 3-0 with him, 3-0 without him. An absolutely ideal game to play him in and give him more time. (unless you're trying to say we wouldn't have scored any more if he was still on the pitch, after already tearing them apart time and time again when he was there?)

I dunno, I just find the whole thing a bit odd, like, it feels like raising a negative where one doesn't really exist. A young fella getting time and making his few mistakes without them costing the team is a good thing rather than a bad thing. Young players will make mistakes, and he did plenty of good things too. I'm sure he'll learn from both the good and bad, which is great for the club. Hurray for everything, I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That's the 2nd time Matip scored along with his CB partner, he done this along with Loveren against Palace in 4-2 win back in 2016.

Useless fact of the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Lads VVD is back!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Liverpool currently have the top 3 goal scorers in the league

I wonder has a side ever finished a season with that

I love when he's on the ball in more forward positions, like after a set piece or something - he just casually stands with the ball and looks around with 100% confidence that it's impossible for anyone to take it from him, and then plays his simple pass, and trots off. Just an incredible specimen of a fella, imperious. Delighted he's recovered so well over the course of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I don't say it often,in fact ,this may be the first time...but it really could have been 10-1 tonight.. the hunger these players have is astounding,mo and sadio are absolute machines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Mane as a centre forward is something I didn't think of, could be a reinvention of him. Diaz looking very comfortable as the left forward.

• Advertisement

I saw that!!!

He let it slip emotionally that yes indeed he is thinking what we all are, regardless of him saying he doesn't give City a seconds thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Salah and mane played the 90, whats the chances one of them doesnt start the final? Think Minamino is the top scorer in the cup the season, Div has a few as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭ltd440

Are the highlights on anywhere ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Sky sports football YT channel.

Really just the goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭redlad12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Matip finally did it!

Mo with 19 goals and 10 assists in 24 games is just obscene!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

No chance either of them are on the bench.

Diaz, Mane, Salah

Hendo, Fab, Thiago,

Robertson, VVD, Matip, TAA

Kelleher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

I think that 2nd half Palace performance seems to have ignited something in him. He was having an OK season with a few dodgy moments up to that point, but he was dreadful in that half and completely all at sea. I've never seen him looking so unimpressed with himself but since it has been huge improvements in all aspects of his game.

it feels like raising a negative where one doesn't really exist

Curtis Jones can't press, I made that point during the first half when his failed attempt at pressing a defender setup the counter attack from which they almost scored. We got away with in that moment but pressing is a fundamental part of the way we play and he can't do it. Pressing is not unique to the senior team, it's practised at the junior levels so it's not like he hasn't been coached in how to press the opposition.

In the second half, he misplaced a back pass near their 18 yard box which setup a Leeds counter attack. Jones didn't react and Klopp got quite animated on the sideline. On our right, it was Mo Salah who was sprinting back to help out the defenders, not Curtis Jones. In contrast when Thiago gave away the ball on the edge of the Leeds 18 yard box he chased back into our half to win back the ball.

Those are two issues I have with how Curtis Jones played tonight. Thankfully we didn't concede a goal from either situation.

I would see allowing him to remain on the pitch for the full 90 while replacing the other midfielders as giving him the wrong message. He needs to learn to focus and concentrate on becoming a player deserving of playing the full game, he doesn't need his ego massaged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Jones I thought was disappointing again. He's doing all the hard work getting into great positions, then makes bad pass after bad pass and wild shot after wild shot. He isn't learning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Yeah didn’t think he was hectic. Looks to me as a bit slow on the ball.

• Advertisement

He isn't learning

That is what I'm afraid of for him. He's a talented individual but I have yet to see him show that he is adapting to how Liverpool need him to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Jones is grand, the problem with the lad is who he's up against for those positions in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Calm the ham there, it's not even March Toby... 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭grinder23

Great video think I'm after watching it 5 times

Mane didn't really celebrate his second, and looked down at full time, VVD calling to him with a huge smile, Mane turns back walks away, VDD is like MANE, MANE, MANE! Calling him, Mane eventually turns around and gives him his hand, but no smile, then turn back and walks away.

I think Mane knows there is more to do, that this is no time to celebrate, we won nothing tonight. Mane is a winner, he'll smile when we win something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement