Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Yeah, your guessing. I've seen my own club barely turn up in games where it might benefit those we don't like if we win and I've seen Everton do that a few times recently. For us, Blackburn 1995, we did our bit and we all lauded that, yet years later against Chelsea we turned it in and were very happy about it cos it stopped united winning. I'm just telling you what I've seen Evetonians say on social media I don't really care what you think about it to be honest.

I was being kind when I said I was guessing, I’m certain the taker would have wanted to put the ball in the net.

Does anyone really think a player/team/club in danger of relegation would miss a penalty on purpose just to stop a neighbour winning? Did you get a sense of what you are saying from the booing of the crowd, or the players reactions when the penalty wasn’t awarded or from Lampard’s interview afterwards? Silly stuff.

Purely going by their players recent performances when a win might help us then yes I did think so. Neither you nor I know for sure of course but i do have the benefit of previous experience with players at that club. They wanted the pen, we all wanted the pen. What would have happened if they got it nobody knows for sure but Manchesters finest saw to it that it wasn't an issue and now I'd be even be surprised if City fans didn't think something was a bit dodgy given those same officials performance in the spurs v lfc game

We won't agree obviously due to our previous interactions here so no point discussing further.

You are saying Everton purposely contributed to the team dropping into a relegation fight, in order to stop Liverpool winning the league, and that the officials are in on it. That is a remarkable level of paranoia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Disgraceful call. Ref should of at least went to the monitor considering it took var so long to make a decision.

No I didn't say that at all. Kudos for being a tit.

Edit; willing to take the card on this. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭Enzokk

The whole process is flawed. Instead of trying to improve decision making it is implemented in such a weird way. Only if a "mistake" was made will the referee be asked to check the screen. They should learn from rugby and swallow their pride. Have a discussion with the VAR about what may have been missed and then the referee on the field can still make the decision but change his mind, instead of being told to change his mind.

Seems that’s exactly what you said, you would have “expected them to slot it wide” and that “Manchester’s finest saw that it wasn’t an issue”, the same officials are in some way seeing to it that Liverpool prevented from winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭passatman86

I heard we are wearing white armani suits tomorrow

Show me where I said they want to be relegated and the refs are in on it. Thanks.

• Advertisement

I just did, they are 1 point above the relegation places but you expected the Ev player to “slot it wide” and that the same “Manchester” officials who officiated at the Liv v Spurs match “saw to it that it wasn’t an issue”, and that you wouldn’t be surprised if even MC fans think “something is a bit dodgy” about them.

Everton put in a very good display today and but for a deflection/mistake by Keane would have got a well earned, and needed point. There is no question the players would have wanted to score a penalty. I can see why dyed in the wool local players might hate Liverpool, but do I think Richarlison hates Liverpool enough to shoot wide on purpose? Of course not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I want us to wear our Yellow Kit, with a big blue armband, and Sky to introduce the game like this

''Liverpool v Chelsea

Good v Evil

Right v Wrong

And it's live!!!!!!!!!!!''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Looks like Jota will make the bench tomorrow

Shearer

'' that is as clear a handball that you'll ever see in a season, how on earth can Chris Kavanagh not see it, a pathetic decision, ''

Gary

'' Chris said there was NO clear evidence that it was handball''

Shearer '' the technology works, ..............pauses it as ball hits arm........there is the evidence, as clear as I and anyone needs to see''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Are you or are you not implying that Ricalison is capable of missing deliberately in order to help City and at danger of his own teams welfare?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Really, cool, he'll be up all night with his Saw and Hammer putting it together.

Is he defo taking it? The same fella who recently said he doesn't want liverpool to win anything cos their fans banter him on twitter.

Their own fans say they'd rathef be relegated than see us win anything. It's hardly a stretch to think that might rub of on their heroes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

I had initially heard the Rodri peno was ruled out because of offside In the lead up but watching MOTD is was due to “no clear evidence”. It was so clear they really should be more questions for how that peno wasn’t given, it was that obvious.

That peno is given and City are on ropes with 1 point from 2 games with United to come while we are flying it with all the momentum. Instead now City gifted a crucial 2 points and resolve they “ground” out a result with pressure back on Liverpool to keep up. It would have been huge for City to drop points.

We have best team in 30 years that unfortunately coincides with City financially cheating for years and decisions like this really helping city even more to point it’s takes utter perfection never seen before recently to win league. Sickening

This liverpool squad is the best I've ever seen and the fact they may not win as much as they should is not due to the owners as many moaners will have you believe but is in fact due to the biggest sports washing project since Chelsea. The fact we're even up there is a miracle and I thank the footballing gods every day for Jurgen and the lads. They've done us hugely proud despite the naysayers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

You brought up the name.

What the fans think is irrelevant - they're not in the pitch.

Using the same logic, can we look forward to Ronaldo deliberately missing shots next week, even if it means missing out on the champions league, and he'll be OK with that?

Because this is how paranoid and stupid the theory sounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It's an absolutely huge stretch to suggest he might miss the pen on purpose. It just is.

Did i? Check that again. Fairly certain I didn't mention any payer by name before said player was mentioned to me

A lot of stuff being attributed to me incorrectly for some reason.

• Advertisement

I mean he might. Can You say for sure he won't? Thought not.

With Calvert Lewin not playing, Richarlison is listed on a number of sites as Everton’s designated secondary penalty taker when he is on the pitch. He would be the one you expect to slot it wide.

Here, again, is the quote from your post.

“even if the Ev got the pen I'd have expected them to slot it wide cos they hate us more than they love their own team”

Hi dav obsessed with me. What's your point exactly?

I mean, you can’t prove that Div won’t go out and take a massive dump on the centre circle tomorrow, but it’s an outlandishly dumb idea to present as a genuine possibility. Just as much as suggesting a fella would’ve purposefully missed his pen is.

like, I can’t believe this is even a real conversation..

My point is, Everton played well today, they were unlucky not to get at least a draw, they are in real trouble now with a list of difficult matches between now and the end of the season. It would be breathtaking to suggest their penalty taker, Richarlison, would “slot it wide” because he hates Liverpool more than he loves Everton.

• Advertisement

Wild how many of our fans leap to the defense of the ev players despite knowing exactly that same as me as to their approach if they had a pen to take. I've given opinion as to how I think they'd approach it but I'm 100% wrong and what I say is not remotely possible 🤷‍♂️. I mean my view is just as possible as theirs....

It's not really though when you dig down into the Ev mindset. I suggest you have a browse of Ev twitter or the grand old team forum. Nothing is beyond bounds.

I mean I've literally seen some of their lot be happy to be relegated of it meant we didn't win the league.

Do Everton use Twitter to find penalty takers now?

Suggesting a player would purposely miss a penalty to stop Liverpool winning, while risking putting his own team further into trouble has to be one of the more surreal and paranoid opinions yet.

Don’t think this conversation could get any more ludicrous , so I’ll leave you to your paranoia.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Well, no, you're suggesting a footballer will ignore their job entirely and purposefully do something that is to the detriment of the club their play for, and who pays them.

Your view of "I think he'd purposefully miss this penalty" is not as possible as "I think he'll try to score this penalty". We have literally millions of cases of players trying to score their penalties. How many events of a player in a competitive match purposefully missing their penalty because of their feelings for a team that's not even playing can you point towards?

<edit> Christ, I'm annoyed at myself for engaging. Nevermind. Carry on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Most of the world will be supporting us today to beat the Russian owned club.

Really hope we can win.

Post edited by dogbert27 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

When I first saw it, I thought it was handball, but could be debated as 'not an obvious error'.

The more I see it, the more the decision can't be justified.

Nevermind the title race, as funny as we'd all find it if it happened, it could also help relegate Everton.

The fact it wasn't deemed worth a look on the monitor is so telling about the system. As in, under anyone's description it was a borderline decision, but it wasn't checked because the VAR didn't deem it a mistake. So the journey to the monitor is nothing more than ceremonial. You can infer that every time refs are sent to the monitor they're told a mistake has been made, not 'have a check in case', which is what it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

It's possible Everton would have missed the penalty as the taker - probably Richarlison - would have been under massive pressure to score it so late in the game, but, anyone who suggests they would have deliberately missed it just to spite Liverpool really have their head in the clouds. Does anyone really think anyone at Everton even thought about Liverpool when the handball incident happened. Everton are desperately fighting for their lives, deep in relegation trouble. That potential dropped point against City could well be the difference between staying up or going down. If Everton were safely in mid- table then they might not have been too bothered, but, their performance and reaction to the handball incident suggested otherwise.

I think they are the only team to never get relegated from the top flight, that's a proud record they want to maintain, so I think the vast majority of Everton fans - despite what's said on Twitter- would suffer Liverpool winning the league in order to stay up.

We could nearly do with an additional little rule, like, if the VAR is taking longer than 2 minutes, the ref automatically goes to the monitor. It's ridiculous to have these lads spend so long looking at something, and then say "nope, nothing to see here". If you're at that stage, it makes sense to let the ref look and make a call.

So the name is incorrect but the idea is true. Sorted, then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

If the officials don't have anyone to answer too then corruption is gonna happen,be it biased officials or bribery,it will happen,they keep their jobs with zero scrutiny,in this day and age where corruption in football isn't uncommon it's downright stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

You would think so, but over the years we've seen other fans supporting Man City over us, even Utd fans. I doubt most people care who owns Chelsea and where that money came from as long as they beat Liverpool.

Liverpool Football Club is the embodiment of the evil empire in the eyes of many. Despite other clubs being owned by actual evil empires.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Where are Dublin reds watching today? Bit worried it'll be over shadowed by the rugby in pubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

I watched the Leicester game in Lysters in Harolds Cross - there a Liverpool fan group that meet there. Food is good as well, nice pub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

yeah just for when the VAR team are deliberating and when the ref goes to the pitch side monitor..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

there was another video of the same 4th official guttted when Lacazzete didnt score against us when he was reffing the game...seems very strange....

https://youtube.com/shorts/JvjQ30_fMik?feature=share

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Thinking of heading into town for a pint and watching it myself, no idea where mind you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

In london, incredibly hungover and just secured a ticket for Wembley. Buzzing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Today the Hallowed Wembley turf will play host to a theatre of war. This is Russia versus the West, but played out on the football pitch instead. Its dodgy roubles versus noble African princes, its Never Give Up versus Never Pay Enough. Chelseas most expensive bauble will be sitting fat and dopey like a sloth while our lads will show them what real 100m players ought to be doing. 7 touches in 90 minutes, that's all your stolen money can buy? That's your contribution to football dynasty building is it? No condemnation of an invasion costing innocent lives, that's where u stand is it? Get lost Chelsea and take ur rotten filth owners with you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Fair play man...

I was there roughly 6 year's ago for the one against Mancini's City and couldn't get a ticket anywhere!

Advertisement