Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Liverpool to finish 3rd with a win, no way Chelsea win away to Villa, Leicester will beat Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Big Nat for life. Up the reds

Leicester will get CL spot, ahead of Chelsea hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    We're moving into territory where he may end up partnering VVD, particularly if the rumours around the impending signing are nonsense. But certainly there is no reason to keep Kabak.

Big Sami had the likes Henchoz/Carra beside him.

I think there is definitely a space there for Nat in there, especially for the games that require a few flying elbows. He's a trustworthy player who could play the cups also.

I think it would be mad to let him go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Phillips is grand and he has done very well but I think anyone thinking he's more than 4th/5th choice when everyone is fit is mad. He can't run and he can't pass well enough to be a starting CB in a PL/CL winning team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

razorblunt wrote: »
    What rumours?

That Konate from Leipzig is a done deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Damien360 wrote: »
    Unbelievable. I’m not that only one in here that said 4th was gone and people were deluding themselves thinking it was possible. I’m sorry for loosing faith.

I don't apologise for "losing faith". It was more that they all had a pass from me, given the previous two and a half years. I didn't care. But I certainly didn't expect them to come back to league winning pace over the last 10 games.

This is likely to end up being 26 points from the last 30. With Henderson, Virgil, Jota, Keita, Matip, Gomez all to come back into the mix. And a full badly needed summer off for Mane (and maybe TAA too).

There's plenty to be optimistic about. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

When was the last time we went into the last game needing a win for top four?

I can only remember away to Charlton and winning 4-0 with Fowler scoring a couple.

Tiago is a joy to watch, he is such a clever player, with star CBs back next season he will be conducting the orchestra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Charlie19 wrote: »

I can only remember away to Charlton and winning 4-0 with Fowler scoring a couple.

I think 4 year ago at home to maybe southhampton

• Advertisement

We're in title winning form, said it 3 games ago, had we won the 6 games at Anfield we lost we'd be a point above City now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Nat Phillips doing everything in his power to be the next man inducted into the Premier League Hall of Fame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Didn't we need last day wins in klopps first two full seasons in charge?

mightyreds wrote: »

Going back further, who can forget Gary MCAllister.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Needed a win in 16-17, before we went on that run to the final in Kiev the following year.
    We beat Middlesborough 3-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Of the 17 games Nat Phillips has this season played Liverpool have won 11 drawn 4 and lost 3.

Conceding 14 goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Wasn't there a game against Middleborough a few years ago iirc...I think Gini cracked one in at the Kop End to settle the nerves

mightyreds wrote: »

Was it Middlesborough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The head to head with Chelsea almost 20 years ago was a massive one. Hyppia and Deaily scored, the Desailly header in particular was beaut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Fromvert wrote: »
    Chelsea have no gimmie, I do not expect all three teams to win on Sunday. Hopefully we're not the ones looking for a goal late on.

One goal better goal difference than Chelsea now as well but will only come into play if they lose and we draw.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Wasn't there a game against Middleborough a few years ago iirc...I think Gini cracked one in at the Kop End to settle the nerves

That is the one I am thinking of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

What a bizarre season.

8ZE1XtA.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Gbear wrote: »
    What a bizarre season.

8ZE1XtA.png

Liverpool the form side in the league the past 6 weeks weirdly enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

20 years ago this very day as it happens. 0-0 at half time and it was looking very nervy, God scores a cheeky little overhead kick to calm the nerves and it finished 0-4 (Murphy, God again and Owen). Only 3 days after the Uefa Cup final...

Just had a look at season stats:

Big chances created: 69 no 1 in league.
    Big chances missed: 66 no 1 in league.

What a bizarre season.

That little blip cost us the title, win those 6 at home and we'd be top.

What a bizarre season.

8ZE1XtA.png

Remember the poster/s saying Klopp had lost the dressing room and was having his BVB final season and it was time to look for a new manager during that middle of the season run as Klopp is finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Dav010 wrote: »

Does that not mean that we should only have scored 3 goals? Or at least only 3 goals from 'big chances' and all our other goals have come from small chances or something? :)

• Advertisement

jasonb wrote: »
    Does that not mean that we should only have scored 3 goals? Or at least only 3 goals from 'big chances' and all our other goals have come from small chances or something? :)

Only goalkeeper to beat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Delighted for Ox. He's a different player than anything else we have from midfield. If he could stay fit and get a preseason under his belt he could be a player next season. Jurgen has faith in him so he'll be there no matter what, it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dav010 wrote: »

So we've scored 3 of our 69 big chances?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

VVD will struggle to get a game next season!!!!!

TitianGerm wrote: »
    So we've scored 3 of our 69 big chances?

Apologies, that should be 79 big chances, also, Liverpool number 1 with average of 5.6 shots on target per match on target.

E1x_CvdWUAAwMtG?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Remember the poster/s saying Klopp had lost the dressing room and was having his BVB final season and it was time to look for a new manager during that middle of the season run as Klopp is finished.

To be honest they were kind of right about the BVB bit - even though they were misremembering at the time, and forgetting that he got things back on track there over the last few months and stormed back up the table to the Euro positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭Talisman

Liverpool to finish 3rd with a win, no way Chelsea win away to Villa, Leicester will beat Spurs.
    Wishful thinking, the form table would suggest otherwise. Aston Villa have only beaten Everton and Tottenham in the last month or so. In the same period Chelsea had one hiccup against Arsenal in the league, beat Real Madrid in the CL and Man City in the FA Cup SF. If Tuchel gets the starting selection right then Chelsea should comfortably win the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Didn't we need last day wins in klopps first two full seasons in charge?

I genuinely don't know, we definitely had loads of last minute winners during the Klopp era but I can't remember them being last game of the season.

I see the Gary Mac free mentioned but surely that wasn't the final day and from what I remember of that is was definitely night time.

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    To be honest they were kind of right about the BVB bit - even though they were misremembering at the time, and forgetting that he got things back on track there over the last few months and stormed back up the table to the Euro positions.

Of course they just didn't seem to know or want to know he had the same kind of injury crisis at BVB then as well.

They just saw bad form and equated that to Klopp losing both dressing rooms and weren't prepared to listen to the context of those seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Fromvert wrote: »
    Phillips is grand and he has done very well but I think anyone thinking he's more than 4th/5th choice when everyone is fit is mad. He can't run and he can't pass well enough to be a starting CB in a PL/CL winning team.

Well he can stay fit longer than matip and Gomez so he's 2nd choice as of now.

Ox now will have a couple of months to get his fitness levels up over the summer uninterrupted which could be a great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I said after the Fulham loss no hope of champions League football next season, we would need to win our last 10 games and on form then that was impossible.

We are going to end up taking 26 points from 30. That's an incredible turnaround.

LAte night, will be 1am before the players get in tonight

Would u have the table for the first 12 games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Ox now will have a couple of months to get his fitness levels up over the summer uninterrupted which could be a great.

I think Ox's issue is he's lacking match sharpness. He needs gametime.

GiftofGab wrote: »
    I think Ox's issue is he's lacking match sharpness. He needs gametime.

I agree with that for sure however coming back from two major injuries having the next few months just working on fitness levels will help him I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

rob316 wrote: »
    I said after the Fulham loss no hope of champions League football next season, we would need to win our last 10 games and on form then that was impossible.

We are going to end up taking 26 points from 30. That's an incredible turnaround.

Absolutely incredible. I lost all hope and was beginning to think it was the end of a Liverpool era. This team never ceases to amaze me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Stunned that Arsenal are 3rd in that. Would never have thought that.

Advertisement