Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

He looked to have handled that outside the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I remember him going on a few wild headless chicken style jaunts alright deffo no output until this season

I thought he looked injured after he took the penalty, he said something to Hendo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

4th 20 goal league season for Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Mo back up thankfully doesn't look too serious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We don't have the gold diggers City have, we sign personalities that fit the club. City for example will try sign Haaland, while we'll uncover the like of Diaz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I can a bit but I think they've gone too far and now just expect VAR to catch their mistakes.. It feels like they barely whistle fouls now, everything is play on as they're now in the mindset of the VAR will make the decision and they have shown to be awful at it.

It's not a reaction though, the arm was there, not raised it deflect, but yes you're right,

Suarez at world cup was a deliberate handball, rare in football

Not because he is being paid more than them, more that if he is being paid X, they should be paid Y, which is more than they are currently being paid. Liverpool might be a great team, but they don’t negotiate collectively as a team, each player has their own agent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

The irony of Brighton fans getting on Dean’s back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Hopefully Mo is ok

Yeah I see that but imagine making massive decisions that is televised and shown around the world to millions of people to be then undermined by someone with the capability of watching the same incident a few times over from different angles and in slow motion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Yep..did treble captain this week with him. Had to get injured 😪..I blame myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I mean if your output is a goal by him then fair enough but he regularly gets forward providing the extra man to break down an entrenched defence. It's played it's part in many a decent attacking move over the years, getting us in on central positions.

The passing today, just awful. We could have had two or three more if we didn't just give the ball away so easily in good positions.

Robbo always go for the pull back when everyone is flying in. No one else thinks of pulling to the peno spot though.

• Advertisement

Diaz passed when in, dang, should have finished it

Great early kickoff away win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I miss the days we'd have kept haring forward when 2 up and ended up hanging on late on or drawing 2-2.....

Too much control.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

That'll do, hopefully Mo's injury ain't serious

A weird performance it was sloppy but also felt a little comfortable. The Diaz goal was fantastic, great run and pass and a brave finish.

Brighton always look good on the eye but they're poor where it counts, up top. Just don't have goals in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

They create plenty of chances though. Potter is doing a great job there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Very very comfortable. Could’ve had 2 or 3 more but that’s ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Looked an easy enough day at the office,didn't have to get out of 2nd gear Diaz excellent again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Good 3 points but a strange game.

Klopp is pissed at them for not passing when players have a shot on goal. Salah’s was a bit trickier but Diaz should have passed.

Excellent win and a bit easier than I expected.

We can only keep it up.

Arsenal away is looking like our toughest Arsenal game in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

A potentially tricky game out of the way and 3 points to show for it, that’s all that matters.

Looking at the fixture list, it certainly doesn’t get easier. One soft game left this season and the rest are all difficult on paper. If we can win the league with the games we have left, it’ll be the biggest achievement from this squad to date.

But it’s still City’s to lose, there isn’t a whole lot of pressure on us but there’s a metric s**t-ton on them.

Another game that shows how bad the officals are in the premier league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

We absolutely butchered chances today,happy with the win tho, I think the Diaz signing has put a few noses out of joint up top ,his impact has been immense.

You'd almost want us to be ahead of city before the Ethiad game AND then to win that game if we are to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

I like Des Kelly on BT Sport, he seems a bit more genuine than the Sky Sports guys, Geoff Shreeves and others, who are clearly instructed to needle the managers into a reaction.

Jurgen asked him his opinion on the possible red card and Des was very honest in his reply. Said probable red and was surprised it wasn't at least brought to pitch side monitor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Yep. There's a bit of it creeping in. I don't want to call it selfishness but it's definitely poor decision making and all three of them were guilt of it today. Sadio should have put Mo in when he robbed it and bared down on goal, Mo should have picked Díaz out when he broke away and got into the box and Díaz should be doing the simple square pass to jota late on.

Just on this Mane had the highest pass percentage on the pitch at 90

Crazy for a CF to be top, passing way off for everyone

As long ng as that happens in games we win its fine,

Id expect if its Arsenal or City the lads will make sure the goald are got regardless off who is getting them,

When u feel like the games in the bag your always more likely to try score yourself,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

3 points, happy with that.

Diaz is seriously our kind of player, the necessary injection we needed up front.

Joke that the keeper didn't red.

Appaently, only 2 Centre Halfs have received the Premier League Player of the Month awards since 2013...... Matip and Van Dijk.

This first two instances were at one nil when the game was very much in the balance. Jurgen was going mental over it so it's clearly an issue. One of them may have even been at nil nil.

Paul Tomkins made a good point on twitter, we have five excellent options up front now and they all want to play so maybe they are more focused on scoring themselves sometimes so they stay in the team rather than passing.

We won't be able to squander chances like that in the bigger games. A win is a win but its a concern I've had the last few games,not just today.

Crazy that Diaz right now on form after only 6 weeks at the club would be the first name on the team sheet ahead of Salah, Mane, Jota & Bobby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Great start to the weekend really, nothing better than winning the 12.30 kick off and can relax!

I thought Klopp seemed p***ed off in his post match interview, and also during the game. There was a couple of times that the lads should have scored or passed the ball to a player in a better position. Henderson and Diaz come to mind. Salah too. Goal difference could prove to be vital at the end of the season.

Don't want to be negative after a win though. Thought there were great performances in the team today too. The back 5 were great, also thought Keita had another strong ticking along performance. Quietly effective.

I said it at the start of the season that I thought Ivan Toney would be a great fit for us and a good replacement for Origi and the more I watch him this season the more I think he would be great under Klopp he would fill the Origi role perfectly as striker and also fit in with the hard graft chasing everything down that Klopp wants from a player.

I think bottom line is FSG want to cash in on Salah, and I can see how it makes sense, even if no one wants that. In summer he's still a 130m pound player.

And I think we'd go out then and replace him for 30m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Don't see him been sold, if he goes it's on a free.

Giving Salah what he wants is the easy bit it's the effect on the wage structure is the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Harry Maguire strikes again, we can only laugh

The bottom line is we don't want to trash our wage structure and thats fair enough. The club cuts it cloth to its means unlike others. Any decision on Salahs contract has repercussions with the rest of the squad. Is he worth at least 100k a week more than Virg? I don't think so.

Mo has the same decision to make the Coutinho had, stay and be a club legend forever still while challenging for trophies or leave and be just another player at Real in 2023 or join psg this summer and win a few French leagues.

I could understand players leaving before the Klopp era cos of ambition to win things, there's simply no argument to leave this Klopp team to go win things, you can do it here.

Looks like footballers from the Ukraine and Russia will all be free agents in the coming week as players union FIFPRO call on FIFA to cancel their contracts.

I wonder is there anyone we could pick up on a free there are some really good young Brazilian players at Shaktar.

Ronaldo knocking Jota off his perch as the best Portuguese player in the league, Only Salah ahead of Ronaldo now in scoring charts.

Come on Jota! Get back on the scoring trail

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

This really is a great year. Trophy in the bag and well in the hunt for 3 more. I expect city to win the league but it's nice to be a constant thorn in their side where they don't actually see Liverpool dropping points until they go to the Etihad where we'll have to go for it and they'll be nervous as hell about losing because then that's the league lost. It's fun right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

It's going under the radar how well Trent is defending lately.

City have no chance of winning the league, it's not possible. People thought Chelsea had it won at one stage, look at them now. I fully expect Palace to take points from them. Palace have only lost 4 at home, same as WH, Man U, Spurs, I expect a draw.

No chance 😂. Good one Toby.

I'm hopeful for the Palace game alright but our own fixtures are no picnic, starting with the toughest away game we have left on Wednesday.

City are still huge favourites given their current position and the difficulty of both teams remaining games but I'm positive and hopeful we can take the fight to the final day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

First Nike home jersey I have liked the look of, this lad is normally on the ball...

• Advertisement
Advertisement