Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Would u have the table for the first 12 games?

table-5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭giveitholly

eigrod wrote: »
    Stunned that Arsenal are 3rd in that. Would never have thought that.

Exactly and we dismissed them handily enough at the Emirates as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I have high hopes for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Sunday predictions.

Liverpool win.

Leicester win.

Chelsea draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Ridiculous as it sounds if we get Top 4 I'd consider it a bigger achievement that winning the league last season considering all that's gone on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭poppers

rob316 wrote: »
    I said after the Fulham loss no hope of champions League football next season, we would need to win our last 10 games and on form then that was impossible.

We are going to end up taking 26 points from 30. That's an incredible turnaround.

The two draws against newc and leeds should have been seen out for wins also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Ridiculous as it sounds if we get Top 4 I'd consider it a bigger achievement that winning the league last season considering all that's gone on.

I'm taking that bong off ye lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Think I predicted a drop off and a low 80's points total this season at the end of last season. Obviously didnt think it would be a min of a 30 point drop. Crazy to think if my prediction was right, even with a 15 or so point drop , the title would still be a possibility going in to the last game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Big win. That Philips goal was a big sigh of relief.

One last push now at the weekend to turn a disaster of a season to have some bit more of reward at the end. A base to build upon.

Finishing the season so strongly can certainly be seen as a positive too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

poppers wrote: »
    The two draws against newc and leeds should have been seen out for wins also

Mad as well that those 2 games are the only ones Nat missed recently, and both opposition goals came from corners/crosses bobbling around in the area - the sort Nat's been gobbling up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

That 6 game in a row losing run at home is all the more galling looking back.

If we had taken 14 from 18 pts we would've been in a title race again

Think I predicted a drop off and a low 80's points total this season at the end of last season. Obviously didnt think it would be a min of a 30 point drop. Crazy to think if my prediction was right, even with a 15 or so point drop , the title would still be a possibility going in to the last game.

It is mind boggling that 97 points was only good enough for second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

murpho999 wrote: »
    People can go on about Phillips' ability and defensive skills all night but for me he plays with great heart and works his arse off an deserves a lot of credit.

Stepped up to the plate this season and people should stop expecting him to be as good as VVD as he is just a freak.

Yeah i've stopped expecting him to be alright. I KNOW he is!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Do we not all have the feeling that next season is going to be a good one, I naively think this after every season. It goes something like... If we can keep the spine of the team and add two or three players it could be Our year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Do we not all have the feeling that next season is going to be a good one, I naively think this after every season. It goes something like... If we can keep the spine of the team and add two or three players it could be Our year.

I absolutely do. It's been a strange season. Playing in empty stadiums during a global pandemic and dealing with the worst injury crisis in the club's history. It's been hard to take anything seriously really.

When things start getting back to what we consider normal, i expect ourselves and City to be challenging for the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭Talisman

eigrod wrote: »
    Stunned that Arsenal are 3rd in that. Would never have thought that.
    There's a degree of good fortune in that and the fixture list also fell kindly for them.

They played Leicester just after Leicester had been knocked out of the Europa League and the players were leggy.

They drew with West Ham in a game where they were 3-0 down after about 30 minutes and got back into the game courtesy of two own goals.

They beat Tottenham in the game when Son went off injured early and Lamela was sent off.

They beat Chelsea in a game where Tuchel rested the first team in preparation for the FA Cup Final.

They lost to both Liverpool and Everton.

The other six fixtures were against the canon fodder at the bottom of the league: Sheffield Utd, West Brom, Fulham, Burnley, Crystal Palace and Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I mean this season's woes really can be explained pretty simply, as much as we want to point to issues like our forwards missing chances and whatnot it all comes down to the best player in the league getting a season-ending injury 5 games in, and then his right hand man having one of his own 3 games later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

We have been pulverised by injuries, no team could have performed, we seemed to be able to limp on till Henderson got injured and then it was too much, of course we can look forward with optimism

Edit, beaten to it, what osmosis said..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭Talisman

From the way Klopp has been talking it doesn't look like there is going to be an injection of new players certainly not without moving others on first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

We have too many players we don't use.

Some I understand, and some I don't.

Shaq should play more, Origi should be brought on when we are winning 2 or 3-0 with 25 minutes left but it never happens and these lads are rawer for it when they are eventually forced to play through desperation. Who knows what Tmiskas story is.

Either way, there is a good 30-40m is players to sell who will make no difference as they aren't in Klopps thoughts.

We have to get a LB he will occasionally give minutes to and we have to replace Win and/or Keita.

I'm sanguine on another forward. If the main four stayed fit for the majority of a season then that might be sufficient. I'd worry any new one would be expensive bench fodder but might be my lack of imagination.

Have to win Sunday in any case. I feel like we will have got away with one if we get CL from here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

jasonb wrote: »
    20 years ago this very day as it happens. 0-0 at half time and it was looking very nervy, God scores a cheeky little overhead kick to calm the nerves and it finished 0-4 (Murphy, God again and Owen). Only 3 days after the Uefa Cup final...

Jesus, hard to believe that's 20 years ago! I remember sitting outside the house listening to that match on the radio in my Dad's car. No such thing as a dodgy illegal stream of the game from Saudi TV in those days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

LAte night, will be 1am before the players get in tonight

eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

The end of this season has certainly been more exciting than the end of last season. I wouldn't say its more enjoyable.
    It really is a strange situation but fair play to them.
    I've found it torturous watching sometimes. Jesus some of my moods lol!!
    We shouldn't give a damn if a team doesn't finish top or be involved in the run in but that's football now. We worry about finances. Poxy really when you think about it...

Jesus, hard to believe that's 20 years ago! I remember sitting outside the house listening to that match on the radio in my Dad's car. No such thing as a dodgy illegal stream of the game from Saudi TV in those days!

Listening to BBC 5 live games was how I got most Liverpool games growing up.

Still love listening to games on the radio. Sometimes I'll actually choose radio over TV. Always enjoy the commentary.

There's an app called BBC sounds that has 5 live that can be accessed from Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Country was in a near lockdown then as well with the Foot and Mouth outbreak in the UK and few outbreaks on the island of Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Will fans be allowed back into the stadium in full numbers come August/September? Or has the UK Government planned that far ahead yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Watching MOTD and wondering why the Burnley fans were booing Mane every time he got the ball. I'd actually forgotten they were the plane flying white lives matters racists. Nice of them to remind me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Looks a bit like a Roma jersey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

TitianGerm wrote: »

Gross

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Looks a bit like a Roma jersey

That was my first thought too.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1395276856388161546?s=19

It'd look alot better if the pink was actually white.

It does look quite loose on the players compared to this seasons one so I wonder have they scraped the players version of the jersey or have they just used the cheaper one in the photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

that kit is gash, the trim is disgusting. It looks like a colour ran in the wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Im raging at that new kit, it's the worst in our history... ORANGE!!!!! WTF are they doing putting orange on our home shirt, it has nothing to to with our club colours, they may aswell change our home shirt to blue altogether, orange doesn't even go with red anyway for christ sake. If this is the best that Nike could come up with I'd hate to sé the other designs, no way in hell will I be buying that home shirt anyway and I hope no one else does either. THEY ARE NOT LIVERPOOL COLOURS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Worst title defence ever eh..17 points behind city,who finished 18 points behind us last season as defending champions!

• Advertisement

Ikozma wrote: »
    Im raging at that new kit, it's the worst in our history... ORANGE!!!!! WTF are they doing putting orange on our home shirt, it has nothing to to with our club colours, they may aswell change our home shirt to blue altogether, orange doesn't even go with red anyway for christ sake. If this is the best that Nike could come up with I'd hate to sé the other designs, no way in hell will I be buying that home shirt anyway and I hope no one else does either. THEY ARE NOT LIVERPOOL COLOURS

That's not orange.

I like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,890 ✭✭✭✭klose

I'll swerve that jersey next season, looks like a training top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Watching MOTD and wondering why the Burnley fans were booing Mane every time he got the ball. I'd actually forgotten they were the plane flying white lives matters racists. Nice of them to remind me.

I think they were booing him because they think he dived at one point.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FinnC

If Henderson is lifting the Premier League and/or the Champions League trophy wearing it next year then I couldn’t give a feck what the jersey looks like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Don't like it, I reckon goalkeeper Jersey will be popular this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

That is manky, I won't allow that to grow on me either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

gimli2112 wrote: »

All they did all night was boo. If it wasn’t Mane, it was the ref (who was fine, I thought). Didn’t hear them sing 1 song.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

That's not orange.

Well it looks orange, can you enlighten us with what colour it is then please

Well it looks orange, can you enlighten us with what colour it is then please

It's pink, crimson according to the official blurb on the jersey.

da2774r_1.jpg

This would be lovely without that ****ing AXA.

da2774r_1.jpg

This would be lovely without that ****ing AXA.

It's a nice colour but I don't like the shiny bit. Looks like Gucci design or something across it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It's **** looking but it can be the technicolour raincoat for all I care that they wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

The best thing about the new Jersey is that the current Jersey is now the old Jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Steven Gerrard inducted into Premier League Hall of Fame. And about bloody time too. :)

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/434740-steven-gerrard-inducted-into-premier-league-hall-of-fame

The ex-Liverpool captain takes his place following a combined vote of supporters and a Premier League panel from a 23-person shortlist.

He becomes the first former Red to be inducted into the Hall of Fame, which was recently launched to celebrate the league's finest players since its inception in 1992.

Gerrard progressed through the ranks at Liverpool's Academy to become one of the greatest midfielders to ever grace the Premier League.

In total, the talismanic Scouser made 504 appearances in the competition – joint-11th most of all time – after making his debut aged 18 in November 1998.

During his 17 seasons in the top flight, Gerrard scored 120 goals – some stunning and iconic – while also registering 92 assists.

• Advertisement
Advertisement