Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

no wonder Nike are giving liverpoolk 20 % on all jerseys sales

because nobody will fecking be buying it

i mean they pay designers big bucks to do these things and thats the best an office of overpayed plonks can come up with ????

how about asking the fans opinions ? or a portal to upload your image of what you'd like and go with whats most requested

anything but this crap

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ikozma wrote: »
    Well it looks orange, can you enlighten us with what colour it is then please

Crimson which is a shade of red.

It could look very different in reality as to what it is on a screen.

Either way it's for one season only and Nike are giving them millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭KevRossi

We have only ever used white or red as a trim on the kit sine 1896. This season's 'teal' was a new step, but we still kept the white as a base trim colour.

I've no idea where the crimson/salmon/orangey/pink colour comes from. It has no basis in the club's history and no basis in the city's history. So why they are doing this, I've no idea. Christ knows what colour/design the 2nd shirt will be. We played in black last night (3rd choice), we looked so much better in it than the blue option the designers choose.

Designers have to realise there's tradition at play here. The shirt should follow a fairly base colour choice, after that they can play around. So many options and things to do with a shirt, this choice of colour trim is nonsense IMO.

I think the diagonal pinstripes were proposed last year, but we got the kit we have now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

The orange is obviously a tribute to Gerrard's first title win with Rangers this year. Lovely touch from the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭plibige

I don't like it, but I also accept that a lot of jerseys i don't like eventually grow on me. At the end of the day its not like what happened with Cardiff City where the owner changed the home colours and crest.

This isn't a permanent change, and if you don't like it, don't buy it. I'm not buying it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

KevRossi wrote: »
    We have only ever used white or red as a trim on the kit sine 1896. This season's 'teal' was a new step, but we still kept the white as a base trim colour.

I've no idea where the crimson/salmon/orangey/pink colour comes from. It has no basis in the club's history and no basis in the city's history. So why they are doing this, I've no idea. Christ knows what colour/design the 2nd shirt will be. We played in black last night (3rd choice), we looked so much better in it than the blue option the designers choose.

Designers have to realise there's tradition at play here. The shirt should follow a fairly base colour choice, after that they can play around. So many options and things to do with a shirt, this choice of colour trim is nonsense IMO.

I think the diagonal pinstripes were proposed last year, but we got the kit we have now.

This season's trim came from these kits

1993-95-liverpool-match-issue-25755-5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Was there any movement on Konaté? Or was that just Twitter blabber?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I get the feeling a lot of people think the job is done regards top 4, I'm very wary of Palace tbh, they are a team I'm scared of because of their countering ability, Williams is a huge worry, he's done ok the last few games, but also had plenty of near calamity moments and the lack of pace is a killer, Wood last night was looking like Usian Bolt up against him, he has snail like pace, the likes of Zaha could have a field day againt him tbh. Hopefully we can suffocate Palace from the front and stop them getting balls down the sides or in behind but yea it's still a bit dodgy imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

E10h-Tnf-WUAA3-H9t.jpg

Not sure why they couldn't have just done the above?

• Advertisement

I get the feeling a lot of people think the job is done regards top 4, I'm very wary of Palace tbh, they are a team I'm scared of because of their countering ability, Williams is a huge worry, he's done ok the last few games, but also had plenty of near calamity moments and the lack of pace is a killer, Wood last night was looking like Usian Bolt up against him, he has snail like pace, the likes of Zaha could have a field day againt him tbh. Hopefully we can suffocate Palace from the front and stop them getting balls down the sides or in behind but yea it's still a bit dodgy imo.

We won 3-0 last night.

If we can't beat Palace then we don't deserve it.

We're at home with fans, Liverpool are huge favourites and in form and Palace are not.

I don't get what you're worried about to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Watching MOTD and wondering why the Burnley fans were booing Mane every time he got the ball. I'd actually forgotten they were the plane flying white lives matters racists. Nice of them to remind me.

Why would you assume such a thing? Jesus Christ!

Mane dived just before the booing started....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

You'd swear all our kits have been fantastic in the past.

All the Reebok ones were fairly poor. 90s Adidas were mad. More Adidas advertising than Liverpool.

We were spoiled with warrior and new balance. There wasn't a single jersey from any club this season that was impressive.

We'd be going mad if there was no new Jersey and no money to spend on players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Is someone trying to say that the salmon like trim is crimson? Crimson is a dark red colour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jebidiah wrote: »
    Is someone trying to say that the salmon like trim is crimson? Crimson is a dark red colour!

Apparently there's loads of shades of crimson. I think it's a bit of Razzmatazz on the jersey.

* I still think it looks pink in the photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

With the 20% of sales going from Nike to LFC, these kits are all about kids / America / Asia. That's where the money is. Kids get the full jersey/shorts/socks combo. The teal 3rd kit this season was popular enough with kids I would think as it was 'zany' and different, the 3rd kit generally is. Unique is better here. I actually picked it up myself during the season for that reason - it's very unique and probably won't be seen again for any other clubs.

I'm not a fan of this new kit, it's very templately and as others have said, it's very Roma. I do like the current one though, just about.

I saw one image of the new training range of gear and it's the same design as this seasons one, just with the added orange. You're better off picking up some of this season's training gear if you like it as it's much cheaper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

murpho999 wrote: »
    We won 3-0 last night.

If we can't beat Palace then we don't deserve it.

We're at home with fans, Liverpool are huge favourites and in form and Palace are not.

I don't get what you're worried about to be honest.

3-0 was flattering lets be honest.

What if Palace beat us and Leicester lose, who will deserve it then?

Huge favs no doubt, fans will be an advantage too.

Well, I outlined above why I was worried, you don't see a team like Palace causing Williams any problems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Gas that kits elicit strong responses. No doubt it's ugly but I won't be buying it, haven't done so (with one exception) since I was a nipper. Strips are a bit like the ESL - aimed at the younger demographic and too flash for most of the old codgers who post here. I'm including myself in that. ;)

jebidiah wrote: »

44065.png

Weirdest picture I've ever posted here but these are all shades of Crimson according to this site about colours.

I would say the first one is like what's on the jersey.

I can't believe how controversial a trim is.
    Not in club's history etc? Well our first jersey was blue? Shall we go back to that?
    Things can also change and be added and the dominant jersey colour is red so no issue here for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Well, I outlined above why I was worried, you don't see a team like Palace causing Williams any problems?

I see Benteke as a huge threat but I'm happy we have Phillips there for that. Eze is a big loss for them if he's out. As stated, though, if we can't see it out now, we really don't deserve to. We've been in this position many times before so I expect we'll be fine. I don't think we'll do it the easy way, though.

3-0 was not flattering at all.
    They did a professional job and won comfortably and it could and should have been more.

People can always find negatives, it's easy to do and I just can't live that way.

If we lose and Leicester lose then the table decides that we deserve to go through, it's as simple as that.

I'm very confident that Liverpool have the form, ability and players to win the game on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Games against Burnley usually look like that.

We've won our last 4 games at Burnley, usually by more than 1 goal. We last lost in 16-17
    We've actually had a harder time of it at home, winning 2, drawing 2, losing 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭jem

To be honest I worried about sunday .
    Palace can be a bogy team for us when we need to win.
    Many here will be too young to remember the cup semi final where they knocked us out after we had beaten them 7-0 earlier in the season.
    also the dam 3-3 in 2014.
    I do worry about us keeping a clean sheet
    Liverpool should win BUT it will be a long match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

Anyone else old enough to remember 89/90. We beat Palace 9-0 in the league and then lost 4-3 in the fa cup semi when we were chasing the double.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Anyone else old enough to remember 89/90. We beat Palace 9-0 in the league and then lost 4-3 in the fa cup semi when we were chasing the double.

Yep and if we had beaten them we would have probably beaten United in the final and stopped the next 20 years of United and Ferguson domination.

Gerrard's last home game too. Lost 3-1. There is too many examples of those bad Palace results.

But. Generally, when a Klopp team needs to win on the last day of the season, they have won. Wolves 2-0 in 18/19. Hammered Brighton 4-0 in 17/18. In 16/17, Liverpool needed to beat Middlesbrough on the last day to get top 4 and after an extremely nervy opening 45, Gini came up with the goods and opened the scoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Yep and if we had beaten them we would have probably beaten United in the final and stopped the next 20 years of United and Ferguson domination.

Rush went off injured in first half, a sliding doors moment in premier league history for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

murpho999 wrote: »
    44065.png

Weirdest picture I've ever posted here but these are all shades of Crimson according to this site about colours.

I would say the first one is like what's on the jersey.

I can't believe how controversial a trim is.
    Not in club's history etc? Well our first jersey was blue? Shall we go back to that?
    Things can also change and be added and the dominant jersey colour is red so no issue here for me.

The world's gone mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

If Spurs have any intention of selling Kane we should be all over that hes just that good be a shame not to try
    He can play the Firmino roll but with twice as many goals

A CB, 2CM & Kane

While getting rid off Gini, Shaq, Taki, Origi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

That new home kit is gash. Hopefully the away kit or 3rd is decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭jem

Oh I am old enough unfortunatly.
    sorry I put in 7-0 as opposed to 9-0 in my earlier post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

If Spurs have any intention of selling Kane we should be all over that hes just that good be a shame not to try

A CB, 2CM & Kane

Should have stayed in the European Super league with that shopping list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The 6 home losses were annoying and frustrating but they happened. The team had gone through this amazing three year run where they were moving from one must win game to the next. We don't appreciate how mentally tired they must have been. In the end, the injuries to Gomez and Jota proved the straw that broke the camel's back. This wave of mental and physical tiredness was due to hit at some point - an injury crisis and various players suffering covid accelerated its onset.

The International break in March proved to be the reset point for everyone. Their ability to bounce back from such a low point and start reeling off results on the trot is a testament to the resilience of the players and coaching staff.

Obviously it would have been better if it didn't happen. And the manner in which it happened was shocking. Down years are normally more like City's 2019 - 2020. You just drop games here and there. We dropped all of ours within a two month period. But that's Klopp's football all over - dizzying highs and terrifying lows.

I genuinely feel like we're back on track. Back sustaining the type of form we were managing at our best under Klopp. And with starters to come back and potentially new starters to come over the summer. I expected the down period would last through the end of the season and the reset would be the summer. That we're already here so quickly is amazing.

Feeling really positive overall. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

A CB, 2CM & Kane

We will get a CB and a replacement for Gini, Id be shocked if we did anything more than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

We will get a CB and a replacement for Gini, Id be shocked if we did anything more than that.

I don't think we are going to get a replacement for Gini unless there is a good deal out there.

Starting midfield next season will be Fabinho, Thiago and Henderson.

Ox, Jone, Keita and Milner are still there unless Milner retires and Keita is sold I don't see us getting someone new.

Maybe a young forward who can develop at the club.

Potentially even that Daka at RB Salzburg. But he seems more of a winger type forward and I think we need to concentrate more on getting a central forward in. Someone to eventually replace Firmino, or even a gradual replacement of him starting this summer. I don't like when Jota starts central in games where we can expect to have more of the ball. I think the ball doesn't 'stick' up top and his pressing is quite poor there too. When countering, he is an option of sure. Starting Jota over Firmino in the CL game at Madrid was one of worst manager decisions of the season IMO. We also have to factor in the AFCON next season too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I don't think we are going to get a replacement for Gini unless there is a good deal out there.

Ox, Jone, Keita and Milner are still there unless Milner retires and Keita is sold I don't see us getting someone new.

I would think that Grujic will come in to make up numbers if Keita - as I expect - is sold.

The jersey is awful, but thats to be expected coming from Nike.

Probably designed by some short-sighted, moccasin wearing tree-hugging plank from Greenwich Village School of Groovy Design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i must say, fair play to Bobby.

He, along with Mané, have not been good enough this year. And even last night, in the first half in particular, he was very poor.

but he has been central in pulling out 2 of the big results in the last 3 games.

class in seemingly permanent.

Mane made the second too, lovely bit of play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Which leaves us with

Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson, Jones to rely on.

Milner can't play 90 mins week in, week out, so we can have him as an impact sub, or someone who may have to be subbed off on 60-75 mins most matches.

Keita and Ox are too unreliable in terms of niggles.

No idea if Ox is just going through an unlucky phase, or if he's a player we just can't rely on permanently. He'll be 28 in July, 2 years left on his contract.

Keita usually needs a match or two to get up to speed and as Klopp favours the same set-up most weeks he could be used occasionally. He's just turned 26, has 2 years left, so we can sell now, or at the latest in 12 months. He's an excellent player, but just isn't showing it with us.

Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago

Jones, Keita

Ox, Milner

Is perfectly fine. 7 players to cover 3 spots. And we have options that involve playing 4 attackers in certain games too.

Making an addition fine. Not brining one in also fine.

People forget that we play a 44 game season, with maybe an additional 7 games if everything goes perfectly. We effectively don't partake in the League and FA Cup, meaning we don't *need* an additional player.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Mane made the second too, lovely bit of play.

Doing one of the things he's been rightly criticised for this season, seemingly unable to take on a man.

Much more like himself in that moment. And even the weighted ball for the Robertson Cross for the 1st. It looked more like normal.

I think the reset point was mainly not playing CMs at CB tbh.
    The current CB partnership is as good as any we've had in 2021 (not on paper of course) and it allows the midfield to function as a midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Steven Gerrard inducted into Premier League Hall of Fame. And about bloody time too. :)

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/434740-steven-gerrard-inducted-into-premier-league-hall-of-fame

The ex-Liverpool captain takes his place following a combined vote of supporters and a Premier League panel from a 23-person shortlist.

He becomes the first former Red to be inducted into the Hall of Fame, which was recently launched to celebrate the league's finest players since its inception in 1992.

Gerrard progressed through the ranks at Liverpool's Academy to become one of the greatest midfielders to ever grace the Premier League.

In total, the talismanic Scouser made 504 appearances in the competition – joint-11th most of all time – after making his debut aged 18 in November 1998.

During his 17 seasons in the top flight, Gerrard scored 120 goals – some stunning and iconic – while also registering 92 assists.

Premier League Hall of Fame is so far full of people who never won a premier league. Kinda silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The orange is the color of an Orange Split ice-pop

What link to Orange have we? What inspired it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Premier League Hall of Fame is so far full of people who never won a premier league. Kinda silly.

Ok take Gerrard out and put Ronnie Johnson in so. Makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Fitz* wrote: »
    Gerrard's last home game too. Lost 3-1. There is too many examples of those bad Palace results.

But. Generally, when a Klopp team needs to win on the last day of the season, they have won. Wolves 2-0 in 18/19. Hammered Brighton 4-0 in 17/18. In 16/17, Liverpool needed to beat Middlesbrough on the last day to get top 4 and after an extremely nervy opening 45, Gini came up with the goods and opened the scoring.

A match I was at and the first visit to Anfield for my kid.

It was a cracking atmosphere in the build-up, a nervy start and then the sense of relief and elation when we scored.

Ended up getting all the way to the final the following season too.

Augeo wrote: »
    I think the reset point was mainly not playing CMs at CB tbh.
    The current CB partnership is as good as any we've had in 2021 (not on paper of course) and it allows the midfield to function as a midfield.

The regret I have watching the team now is that they didn't just make keeping Fabinho in midfield as a permanent policy, no matter what.

We'd have 6-10 more points without a doubt.

But I can't lambast Klopp for it. He was learning how deal with this injury crisis on the fly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Eh? Gerrard is the only one of the 8 in it who hasn’t won the PL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

The orange is the color of an Orange Split ice-pop

What link to Orange have we? What inspired it ?

Nike make the Roma kit also. Must save money if they can use the same colours in multiple jerseys?

• Advertisement
Advertisement