Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Premier League Hall of Fame is so far full of people who never won a premier league. Kinda silly.

They've all won a Premier League bar Gerrard.

Am I missing something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,497 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

SlickRic wrote: »
    They've all won a Premier League bar Gerrard.

Am I missing something?

I have no clue who's in it to be honest.

Premier League Hall of Fame is so far full of people who never won a premier league. Kinda silly.
    I have no clue who's in it to be honest.

:D

Classic Toby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

There will be lots of inductees who didn't win the thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

i must say, fair play to Bobby.

He, along with Mané, have not been good enough this year. And even last night, in the first half in particular, he was very poor.

but he has been central in pulling out 2 of the big results in the last 3 games.

class in seemingly permanent.

Yeah, I was fecking him last night until he scored. I owe him a pint or three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

We will get a CB and a replacement for Gini, Id be shocked if we did anything more than that.

Surely a striker is a must ?
    Klopp has not bought a proper CF since he joined us its well over due,

Origi , Takki have to go so room for one more CF,

I expect our attacking options to be Mane, Salah, Bobby, Jota, Elliot , plus a new CF,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I'm convinced we will sign 2 cm's

Leaving will be Gini & Shaq & Grujic for sure
    I reckon Naby will leave to for about 35 million ,

Milner unreal for us but age ,Ox can't stay fit ,

So we are only left with Fab, Hendo ,Thiago ,Jones who can be trusted ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago

Jones, Keita

Ox, Milner

Is perfectly fine. 7 players to cover 3 spots. And we have options that involve playing 4 attackers in certain games too.

Making an addition fine. Not brining one in also fine.

People forget that we play a 44 game season, with maybe an additional 7 games if everything goes perfectly. We effectively don't partake in the League and FA Cup, meaning we don't *need* an additional player.

I can't see that being enough, on the face of it, yes it is, the numbers and talent are there but too many of them have injuries every year

Keita and Ox - are outright unreliable with their fitness
    Milner - he's 35
    Jones - he's 20, he's not ready to be fourth man up and with this group he likely will be the next man up too often.
    Henderson - has missed 8, 9, 7, 7, 13 the last five years
    Thiago - has missed 21 (four for Covid), 10, 7, 20, 5 the last five years
    Fabinho - even this guy has missed 11, 13 and 2 in his last three years (nothing on transfermarket before then)

One of Ox/Keita out and replaced with an equally talented but more robust player is the minimum we need (i.e. another Gini, who misses a game or two a season).

Javi Martinez on a free would be a Milner 2.0 for next 3 season

Lots of big name free transfers out there.

Messi
    Alba
    Javi Martinez
    Boateng
    Aguero
    Ramos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭Talisman

The regret I have watching the team now is that they didn't just make keeping Fabinho in midfield as a permanent policy, no matter what.

We'd have 6-10 more points without a doubt.

But I can't lambast Klopp for it. He was learning how deal with this injury crisis on the fly.
    The wheels came off when Henderson was moved out of midfield to play at the back. Thiago and Wijnaldum cannot anchor the midfield like Fabinho/Henderson do and it hands the initiative to the opposition.

If Klopp didn't trust Phillips or Williams to play in the position then why were they even in the matchday squad? I would really like to hear Klopp's explanation of that decision process because it sent the team into a downward trajectory at the start of January.

Philips had played against Newcastle the week before and did fine but he was dropped to the bench for the games against Southampton, Man Utd and Burnley (1 point from 9). He came back into the team in the Tottenham game when Matip was injured. He was dropped to the bench for the games against Man City and Leicester - Fabinho/Henderson should have been in midfield for those games and it was no surprise when we lost either of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

KevRossi wrote: »
    We have only ever used white or red as a trim on the kit sine 1896. This season's 'teal' was a new step, but we still kept the white as a base trim colour.

I've no idea where the crimson/salmon/orangey/pink colour comes from. It has no basis in the club's history and no basis in the city's history. So why they are doing this, I've no idea. Christ knows what colour/design the 2nd shirt will be. We played in black last night (3rd choice), we looked so much better in it than the blue option the designers choose.

Designers have to realise there's tradition at play here. The shirt should follow a fairly base colour choice, after that they can play around. So many options and things to do with a shirt, this choice of colour trim is nonsense IMO.

I think the diagonal pinstripes were proposed last year, but we got the kit we have now.

Not true. 16/17 had yellow trim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Talisman wrote: »
    The wheels came off when Henderson was moved out of midfield to play at the back. Thiago and Wijnaldum cannot anchor the midfield like Fabinho/Henderson do and it hands the initiative to the opposition.

If Klopp didn't trust Phillips or Williams to play in the position then why were they even in the matchday squad? I would really like to hear Klopp's explanation of that decision process because it sent the team into a downward trajectory at the start of January.

Philips had played against Newcastle the week before and did fine but he was dropped to the bench for the games against Southampton, Man Utd and Burnley (1 point from 9). He came back into the team in the Tottenham game when Matip was injured. He was dropped to the bench for the games against Man City and Leicester - Fabinho/Henderson should have been in midfield for those games and it was no surprise when we lost either of them.

Agree with that, the moment I heard Henderson was playing against Southampton at CB I knew our season was fecked, as it meant our midfield was rudderless without either Henderson or Fabinho, also meant that no new CB signing was imminent and that Klopp had little faith in Philips (which he has since been proven wrong on). In one way Henderson getting injured was a good thing as it actually opened the door for Philips to play, which ultimately allowed Fabinho back into midfield, which has made a massive difference to our season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

I don't care what the colour is so long as it looks good. The red and pink/salmon/crimson/whatever looks like someone washed their fake jersey and the colour ran into the trim. It's gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Don’t usually get people complaining about the jerseys, I think they’ve always been grand, with a few lovely ones. But that jersey... is horrendous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The regret I have watching the team now is that they didn't just make keeping Fabinho in midfield as a permanent policy, no matter what.

We'd have 6-10 more points without a doubt.

But I can't lambast Klopp for it. He was learning how deal with this injury crisis on the fly.

Without Fabinho
    Leicester
    Brighton
    Everton
    Fulham

With Fabinho
    City
    Chelsea
    Villa
    Southampton
    Burnley

I don't think there's much evidence that having Fabinho at CB has had much impact on the side.

3 home losses and the one against Leicester happened when he was absent entirely.

Of those we lost with him in the side, Chelsea and City could be lost any time, because they're better teams this season, and Alisson threw two into his own net against City.

Villa happened with a full strength side bar Adrian, and Fabinho was at DM.

It's only really Burnley and Southampton you can point to, but even so, we didn't start Salah, Jota or Firmino against Burnley, which are a far more likely indicators as to why we couldn't score than a defensive midfielder.
    With Henderson available, and certainly with the benefit of hindsight, we should've started him in midfield and had Phillips partner Fabinho. Ideally, we would've signed Kabak January 1st and either started him, or maybe given him the week of training before giving him a game in the FA cup.

For the Newcastle and Leeds draws, Phillips was injured, and Williams has been found out repeatedly, and you'd be daft to suggest we'd be better off with him in the team. In both cases, Fabinho had nothing to do with our strikers missing a raft of straightforward chances, and was directly responsible for conceding one of the goals.

This Fabinho has to stay at DM meme needs to stop being parroted. First and foremost we've had a lack of quality and secondly, a crisis of confidence up front. If there's a stick to beat Klopp with, it's that we were a man short at CB, which should've been better anticipated with the fitness of Matip and Gomez.

If we had more fit midfielders, Fabinho would've been playing the last couple of games instead of Williams, and we almost certainly would've been better off, because while I think he has potential, he's very raw, and has committed multiple potentially goal-conceding errors in nearly every game he's played.

You could make the argument that, especially with Henderson out, a 95 point team should stick with Fabinho at DM vs dropping him into CB, and that might be worth the 2 or 3 crucial points in a title challenge, but given where we've been, I don't think such a marginal difference is worth bringing up.

Gbear wrote: »
    This Fabinho has to stay at DM meme needs to stop being parroted. .........I don't think there's much evidence that having Fabinho at CB has had much impact on the side...........

If we had more fit midfielders, Fabinho would've been playing the last couple of games instead of Williams,.........

23 points from the last 9 games, how many of them had Fab at CB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Fromvert wrote: »
    I can't see that being enough, on the face of it, yes it is, the numbers and talent are there but too many of them have injuries every year

Milner - he's 35
    Jones - he's 20, he's not ready to be fourth man up and with this group he likely will be the next man up too often.
    Fabinho - even this guy has missed 11, 13 and 2 in his last three years (nothing on transfermarket before then)

One of Ox/Keita out and replaced with an equally talented but more robust player is the minimum we need (i.e. another Gini, who misses a game or two a season).

That's a lot of games missed overall. Each midfielder is capable of missing 10 games a season basically. You could handle 1 at a time, but if there are 2 injuries at once, forget about it.

Gini was incredible this season when you think about it. Held together the midfield at times, as all others around him fell apart.

After a tough season all over Europe with players flogged and run into the ground, coupled with a summer tournament, next season is going to be difficult. Rotation will be key again. Another midfielder, ideally young hungry and full of energy after not playing the Euros or due to go to the AFCON would be ideal.

Fromvert wrote: »

Milner - he's 35

Oxlade-Chamberlain came back from a serious knee injury and has been available to play since December. In that time he got two starts and his fitness/energy level was off, one of the appearances was also in the right wing position that he has never looked suited to. Other than that he was restricted to cameo appearances, 3~10 minute appearances were never going to improve his situation. There was a degree of frustration in what he had to say after the Burnley game - he needs minutes on the pitch and will probably have to look elsewhere to get them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,051 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Augeo wrote: »
    23 points from the last 9 games, how many of them had Fab at CB?

2 - the only 2 we dropped points in. Won all 7 that he started in midfield.

Fabinho in midfield is a huge difference; first because he protects the back four so well while winning the ball back quicker so we're starting moves higher up the field, and second because it means Thiago gets to play 15 yards further forward when we're in possession, instead of having to sit back. It's no coincidence that Thiago's game was transformed when he got to play with Fabinho.

We haven't won any of the last 9 games Fabinho played at CB. And of the 17 games he's played there, we only won 6 - and all were games before January, and for 5 of those 6 Henderson was playing in midfield. Meanwhile, our worst run of the season of 6 losses and 1 win from 7 came with neither playing in the centre. So it seems we can get by to an extent without one of Hendo or Fabinho in midfield - but absolutely not both.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    2 - the only 2 we dropped points in. Won all 7 that he started in midfield.

Fabinho in midfield is a huge difference;..........

Indeed............. "This Fabinho has to stay at DM meme needs to stop being parroted" is a fairly strange view IMO.

Indeed............. "This Fabinho has to stay at DM meme needs to stop being parroted" is a fairly strange view IMO.

Because you ignored what I actually wrote and the context of why we dropped a load of points in the other games.

I keep a rock in my sock drawer. There's no unicorns in my sock drawer. Ergo my rock is a unicorn repellent.

Because you ignored what I actually wrote and the context of why we dropped a load of points in the other games.........

Not at all, last 9 games we won 7 when Fab was in DM..... ... you seem to ignore that....... enjoy doing whatever to the unicorn.
    You were sh1tting on about games without Fab and concluding "This Fabinho has to stay at DM meme needs to stop being parroted" ....... a truly mental viewpoint IMO.

Not at all, last 9 games we won 7 when Fab was in DM..... ... you seem to ignore that....... enjoy doing whatever to the unicorn.
    You were sh1tting on about games without Fab and concluding "This Fabinho has to stay at DM meme needs to stop being parroted" ....... a truly mental viewpoint IMO.

It's because it's bull****.

Football is an extremely luck-oriented game with huge swings in results on tiny moments. Trying to take tiny samples of games and say "it was this that dunnit" is simple-minded nonsense.

Yesterday we get away with a few chances at 0-0, and Firmino's goal was extremely **** goalkeeping. Alisson bailed us out against West Brom. We didn't get that kind of luck in other games and that massively swings results against us. We were sh*t in January, February, March, but we weren't "lose 6 games at home in a row" sh*t. But that's the way football goes sometimes.

Trying to come up with narratives about infinitessimal changes to the team to try to explain things is just footballing astrology, which I'm sure I've been guilty of myself at times, but is still almost always nonsense. It's post-facto trying to explain the inexplicable, beyond that we were shagged, had no players, and our strikers couldn't score in a whorehouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Play players in their correct position.

Especially when they are the best in the world in that position.

• Advertisement

It's because it's bull****.

Football is an extremely luck-oriented game with huge swings in results on tiny moments. Trying to take tiny samples of games and say "it was this that dunnit" is simple-minded nonsense.

Yesterday we get away with a few chances at 0-0, and Firmino's goal was extremely **** goalkeeping. Alisson bailed us out against West Brom. We didn't get that kind of luck in other games and that massively swings results against us. We were sh*t in January, February, March, but we weren't "lose 6 games at home in a row" sh*t. But that's the way football goes sometimes.

Trying to come up with narratives about infinitessimal changes to the team to try to explain things is just footballing astrology, which I'm sure I've been guilty of myself at times, but is still almost always nonsense. It's post-facto trying to explain the inexplicable, beyond that we were shagged, had no players, and our strikers couldn't score in a whorehouse.

But do you not physically see the difference in how the team plays with Fabinho in midfield? Do you not see the way we're winning ball 15 yards further forward, and how Thiago is then another 15 yards further forward, allowing him to dictate play in a way that he simply wasn't with Fabinho at CB? And how Salah has a starting position 15 yards further forward than he did when we didn't have this extra pressure in midfield through Fabinho and a more attacking Thiago? And how Trent can then step into the space created by Salah being further up, and have a bigger impact on the game? All these knock-ons have come from Fabinho clearing up in the middle of the park.

As Pep Ljinders said, Fabinho is the lighthouse when he's in the middle of the park. Of course there are all sorts of little good and bad moments, but the broader picture of what the team does is fundamentally more positive with him in there and providing a higher base to build from.

As the stats I mentioned above point out, we can get by without one of Fabinho or Henderson in the middle, but definitely not both - and Fab is obviously the better of the two at 6, with Hendo ideally more of an all-action 8. We played 7 on the bounce with neither in midfield, and lost 6 of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

FSG have agreed to fan representation on the board.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1395408986489430021?s=20

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Don't like the new jersey at all, white trim really should have been selected.
    Crimson, pink, orange or whatever you call it, is just not nice at all. Reckon Dutch Pool fans will love it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

But do you not physically see the difference in how the team plays with Fabinho in midfield? Do you not see the way we're winning ball 15 yards further forward, and how Thiago is then another 15 yards further forward, allowing him to dictate play in a way that he simply wasn't with Fabinho at CB? And how Salah has a starting position 15 yards further forward than he did when we didn't have this extra pressure in midfield through Fabinho and a more attacking Thiago? And how Trent can then step into the space created by Salah being further up, and have a bigger impact on the game? All these knock-ons have come from Fabinho clearing up in the middle of the park.

As Pep Ljinders said, Fabinho is the lighthouse when he's in the middle of the park. Of course there are all sorts of little good and bad moments, but the broader picture of what the team does is fundamentally more positive with him in there and providing a higher base to build from.

As the stats I mentioned above point out, we can get by without one of Fabinho or Henderson in the middle, but definitely not both - and Fab is obviously the better of the two at 6, with Hendo ideally more of an all-action 8. We played 7 on the bounce with neither in midfield, and lost 6 of them.

While i agree that Fabinho should be in the 6 - it should not be the swing of us losing 6 games at home - other players should and are capable of performing in his role as effectively - and having the same effect as all the rest pushing up 15 yards ...

What's all that worth if the front three can't finish 1v1s, or 3v2s, or we can't defend set pieces?

The point isn't that Fabinho isn't great. He is. The point is whether Klopp's decision to play him at CB was incorrect, and has been a significant factor in dropped points, vs the big obvious reason of having our squad obliterated and our attack failing, not because our system failed and we couldn't create chances (because we were), but because they individually couldn't do the basics in front of goal.

3 of the six home games lost, and Leicester, was just Fabinho being injured. He can't play Fabinho at DM if he can't put him on the pitch. For Chelsea, Phillips wasn't even on the bench, so I assume wasn't fit. The alternative was Rhys Williams, and we're absolutely not better off having him on the pitch just to get Fabinho at DM. Then you've City, against whom we'd lose 1-3 instead of 1-4 if Fabinho was at DM, I guess?

People read too much into results as indicators for performances. We haven't been all that much better on the latest run (other than the Burnley home game, which was an abomination). We could've very easily scored one of our bajillion chances during the losing run, and could've failed to score in one of our bajillion chances in our winning run. We should've beaten Leeds and Newcastle comfortably, and could've dropped points in some or all of the other games. We were just as **** yesterday and during the week, and against Wolves, as we were during the winter/ early spring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

What's all that worth if the front three can't finish 1v1s, or 3v2s, or we can't defend set pieces?

The point isn't that Fabinho isn't great. He is. The point is whether Klopp's decision to play him at CB was incorrect, and has been a significant factor in dropped points, vs the big obvious reason of having our squad obliterated and our attack failing, not because our system failed and we couldn't create chances (because we were), but because they individually couldn't do the basics in front of goal.

3 of the six home games lost, and Leicester, was just Fabinho being injured. He can't play Fabinho at DM if he can't put him on the pitch. For Chelsea, Phillips wasn't even on the bench, so I assume wasn't fit. The alternative was Rhys Williams, and we're absolutely not better off having him on the pitch just to get Fabinho at DM. Then you've City, against whom we'd lose 1-3 instead of 1-4 if Fabinho was at DM, I guess?

People read too much into results as indicators for performances. We haven't been all that much better on the latest run (other than the Burnley home game, which was an abomination). We could've very easily scored one of our bajillion chances during the losing run, and could've failed to score in one of our bajillion chances in our winning run. We should've beaten Leeds and Newcastle comfortably, and could've dropped points in some or all of the other games. We were just as **** yesterday and during the week, and against Wolves, as we were during the winter/ early spring.

Our forwards have been bad at taking the chances we created all season. With Fabinho at CB, we created fewer chances, and very often weren't taking enough of them to get a win. With Fabinho at CM, we create more chances - we still miss absolutely loads of chances, probably the same as before in terms of percentages, but the increased volume has led to increased output.

Also for your note on conceding from set pieces - it's undoubtedly a help at set pieces for us to have 2CB's AND Fabinho all in the box for those, rather than Fab and one other CB, and, say, Shaqiri, or Jones, or Naby taking the extra place.

Fieldog wrote: »

How many kids has Salah?

Dav010 wrote: »
    How many kids has Salah?

Just the one I think, a man with sense... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

They need the goal bonus to cover the extra mouth to feed!! :pac:

dogbert27 wrote: »
    They need the goal bonus to cover the extra mouth to feed!! :pac:

And we wonder why Gini wants one final pay day :

Eq-F-D-g-XYAAj-S-l-jpg-large.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Either that or they were so tired from riding the Mrs they didn't put in a proper shift on the pitch.
    Got the Mrs knocked up, returned to pent up sexual frustration/extra energy being used correctly on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭KevRossi

How many kids has Salah?

He has two.

EdypUpWXsAI2HFC?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Fitz* wrote: »
    Maybe a young forward who can develop at the club.

Potentially even that Daka at RB Salzburg. But he seems more of a winger type forward and I think we need to concentrate more on getting a central forward in. Someone to eventually replace Firmino, or even a gradual replacement of him starting this summer. I don't like when Jota starts central in games where we can expect to have more of the ball. I think the ball doesn't 'stick' up top and his pressing is quite poor there too. When countering, he is an option of sure. Starting Jota over Firmino in the CL game at Madrid was one of worst manager decisions of the season IMO. We also have to factor in the AFCON next season too.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwo_Awoniyi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Next season, with hopefully a fit Konaté on board, we definitely need a new midfielder and striker.
    We need to strengthen as in my opinion, City are better than us and I think Chelsea possibly are also.
    Firmino and Mane were poor this season. It's possible they are have passed their peak.
    With Gini leaving, Milner 35, Shaq not up to scratch, Hendo/Thiago/Fab/ and especially Ox/Keita injury prone, Jones improving but not there yet, we need a strong midfielder to come in.
    There are arguments to bring in a RB to challenge Trent (Klopp doesn't seem to trust Neco) and I don't know why Tsimikas hasn't been given minutes....he didn't look too bad any time I saw him.
    A lot of our players will have to play in the Euros during the summer, then back intro pre-season and the new season.
    It's never-ending. Some will probably need resting as soon as the new season kicks off!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    Next season, with hopefully a fit Konaté on board, we definitely need a new midfielder and striker.
    We need to strengthen as in my opinion, City are better than us and I think Chelsea possibly are also.
    Firmino and Mane were poor this season. It's possible they are have passed their peak.
    With Gini leaving, Milner 35, Shaq not up to scratch, Hendo/Thiago/Fab/ and especially Ox/Keita injury prone, Jones improving but not there yet, we need a strong midfielder to come in.
    There are arguments to bring in a RB to challenge Trent (Klopp doesn't seem to trust Neco) and I don't know why Tsimikas hasn't been given minutes....he didn't look too bad any time I saw him.
    A lot of our players will have to play in the Euros during the summer, then back intro pre-season and the new season.
    It's never-ending. Some will probably need resting as soon as the new season kicks off!!

Absolutely not. They've tightened up at the back but they're quite dour under Tuchel. We've quickly forgotten with all of our injuries just how good we've been in the very recent past. Even now, with brittle confidence, we're the form team in the league in spite of recurring injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Well for those saying we need to add another dynamic forward this season a certain former United man just announced he's looking for a new club

https://twitter.com/AndiOnrubia/status/1395502942556393482?s=20

mosstin wrote: »
    Absolutely not. They've tightened up at the back but they're quite dour under Tuchel. We've quickly forgotten with all of our injuries just how good we've been in the very recent past. Even now, with brittle confidence, we're the form team in the league in spite of recurring injuries.

I think Chelsea are a good striker away from challenging for PL, I think MU are a striker and CB away also. If MC get Kane, that would improve their current team. So, if Liverpool want to at least challenge, top quality additions are needed at CB, midfield and centre forward.

Well for those saying we need to add another dynamic forward this season a certain former United man just announced he's looking for a new club

https://twitter.com/AndiOnrubia/status/1395502942556393482?s=20
    It has been rumored for months that he is Barcelona bound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Defender, Konate

Central Midfielder, Aouar

Striker, Andre Silva

Squad forward, Pereira.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Talisman wrote: »
    It has been rumored for months that he is Barcelona bound.

It might be in doubt now with Koeman's future.

Also read yesterday that Aguero could be going to Barca so they might scrap signing Depay

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    The most likely answer is that Klopp didn't want to potentially destroy them by throwing them into the mix with the sh!t show in the central defender positions.

Neco Williams started a handful of games early in the season and was hardly seen after the injuries to van Dijk and Gomez.

When Robertson joined the club he didn't get a look in until after Christmas, supporters were fuming that he who shall not be named was still playing at left back. Klopp introduced Robertson when he felt he was ready and we have never had reason to worry about the position since. Tsimikas was more than likely on a similar path until we were in a situation where Klopp felt he had to field central midfielders in the centre of defense.

It would have been another potential headache to introduce 'new' fullbacks in the situation in January. The end of the season will be a welcome break for the players and a chance for the team to reset for the next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

I think Chelsea are a good striker away from challenging for PL, I think MU are a striker and CB away also. If MC get Kane, that would improve their current team. So, if Liverpool want to at least challenge, top quality additions are needed at CB, midfield and centre forward.

Could argue that every squad is a player or 3 away from challenging with the exception of City. Just don't think Chelsea are a better team than we are. Tuchel's made excellent use of the resources at his disposal but we've been crippled this season. With full squads, we're a better side, no doubt.

mosstin wrote: »
    Could argue that every squad is a player or 3 away from challenging with the exception of City. Just don't think Chelsea are a better team than we are. Tuchel's made excellent use of the resources at his disposal but we've been crippled this season. With full squads, we're a better side, no doubt.

I suppose that is the point I was trying to make, the other teams are planning to buy those player or 3 so they can challenge, I disagree with you about Chelsea, I think they now have a better squad, but perhaps not a better first 11. A couple of good signings and they will have both.

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »

He’s a few steps below someone like Origi in terms of technique and mobility, so I don’t think he’s really a viable option unfortunately.

Elsewhere, Memphis is definitely worth following up on for free if Koeman leaves Barca.

Advertisement