Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The only teams in this league, bar the big ones, that can trouble City, are those with pace on the break.

Burnley though, are ready made for a Pep side.

It'll be 5 or 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

They looked very solid for 3 and a half of those though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I know city are already one up but don't just presume next week decides the title, If I remember correctly you thought we weren't even in a tile race a couple of months ago.

It's possible that City will drop points in the remaining games and Liverpool just keep grinding out wins.

Keep believing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

Are you Toby, Are you Toby, Are you Toby in disguise :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Okay Burnley having one of those 'Chelsea'' days , where they lose by many

In the tune of a very passionate set of away fans.

We were top for minutes 😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Nick pope has to be doing better for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Burnley players havnt broken out of a jog from the first whistle. Both goals, midfielders left untracked and unmarked in the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭McFly85

shockingly little fight from Burnley considering how valuable any points are to them at this stage. Someone needs to tell them Leeds are winning.

If they do go down though, they won’t be missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

The only time I can remember Burnley giving City a game was 18/19 late on, every other time they got walloped. I was expecting nothing from them today. City have other games far trickier than this one, namely us, Wolves and West Ham away.

In any case I don't want this turning into another 18/19 where they just don't slip as we all desperately hope for it, this time we have the chance to do it to them ourselves, then make them feel what its like when your rival just will not budge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I wasn't expected a result from Burnley but thought they would at least try. They only had six players gone on internationals, 3 of them playing today. So Dyche had two weeks with his squad and this is what they produce.

When they get relegated, they're going to fall into obscurity with the debt they have. And no one outside of Burnley will miss them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

After next few weekend, Wolves and West Ham offer the only hope of City dropping points. They just have too much of a easy run in...we have to win next weekend as I can't see us winning all our remaining games. And hope maybe Wolves or West Ham can force a draw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

If we win next week I'd be even more confident we'd win all our other games. We just won't give them a sniff. We have to take that opportunity. If we don't were back to hoping for a slip up that probably won't come and focus may well switch the the two cups. It shouldn't be hopefully we win and the point is moot 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Yeah, I never thought we'd be in it. The team has been nothing short of miraculous since Christmas. I'm delighted to be wrong.

I didn't mean to sound negative. It's honestly just because it's Burnley today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Suppose at least city didn't eat into goal difference in the second half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Klopp after Gomez's assist.

"Big banter with Trent on the bench that it's not him it's the position!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Burnley actually did better than I expected, City usually score 4 or 5 against them, at least City didn't close the goal difference gap, which might be vital yet. The City game is definitely a must not lose game, but, ideally we need to win it as we have a much harder run in. City could well win all their remaining games after us so might settle for the draw with us.I think we could be looking at a re-run of 18-19 when we needed someone to get a draw against City, but it never came, so think we'll need to beat them to win the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Burnley v Liverpool - "I'll break your fcuking legs".

Burnley v Man City - "After you".

Yeah no probs, I just find it a little annoying when I see lads writing off the season so early. I'm sure that you're probably around the same age as myself so you've been through the heartache of previous teams and mangers but this collection we have at the moment is unreal and I wouldn't doubt them for a second.

City have been near invincible but the signs are there that they can be stopped.

Naa, they face tough teams too, Liverpool, Brighton, Wolves A, WH A, Leeds A, plus Villa at home on last day is tricky . Villa win or lose away from home, no draw as of yet, tricky, could be a easy win, or a loss, Villa are good or bad.

Leeds have a good home record, 9 times avoiding defeat, with 7 losses, at least it's percentage wise favorable for a result that is positive.

Watford and Newcastle at home is 6 pts for sure, they don't travel well

Next week is vital, if we win, City then play Brighton, a team that has lost only 3 games away all season.City could lose to Liverpool, and fail to beat Brighton, an implosion.

We see it every season, the 10 day implosion that a top team goes through, could be us, or City,

City lose to us, go out to Atletico, and then get knocked out of FA cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

wow Chelsea that's what happens when you're owned by rogues and represented by merceneries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Avoid defeat next weekend is crucial. Draw might be OK, a win better, but we MUST not lose.

• Advertisement

Brighton?? Really?? Worst team in the league on form, no wins in 10,2 points out of 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,100 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Just keep winning games please.

Fab now with 4 leagues goals in his last 9 league games.

. Mirror saying tonight Mo is gonna sign up, a deal to see out his career at Anfield apparently.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

F**king hope they can sort it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭McFly85

Announce it 30 minutes before kick off against city for a nice psychological boost!

I could see him signing a 5 year deal on £350 a week instead of a 4 year deal on £500k.

Throw in £100m buyout clause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭passatman86

Mo was probably holding out to try and boost his wage demands if he was successful in winning the afcon and having a super world cup - neither was possible so less bargaining for his wage demands. Either way hes fairly priceless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

Realistically, only Real, Barca, City, PSG and Utd could be those wage demands. Of that lot, it’s really only City and PSG who have the real money for that. The others have stacks of debt. A move to City would be viewed as toxic so his only bargaining chip was PSG. I don’t remember hearing too much noise from them about signing Salah. He was right to command the highest club salary but I still don’t think he is right to try bring the club to its knees to get it. Hope it’s a good deal for both him and the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Mo celebrating a new contract and bagging the winner next weekend would be nice. MOTD confirming we have only won once in our last 10 visits to the Ethiad so we are due one!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Can believe in still thinking of this ar 2am minus the man u fan reference. Could have done without that Cheers

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Also - what was the name of that player wordle game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

On this sort of line of thinking, I wonder if not being in the world cup takes PSG off the table for next season. As a project they really are entirely focused on that one big event, and have been for over a decade. The 'powers that be' may be reluctant to bring in a guy they can't use to push the Qatar World Cup agenda. (I also expect their spending to drop dramatically after the World Cup is over).

Cheers, gave up one page too soon and just asked :)

• Advertisement

IF Salah was to run down his contract and leave on a free wouldn't he be taking a bit of a risk? If he were to pick up an injury like say Van Dijk got then I don't think he would have as many suiters after that,or get the wages he originally would be hoping for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,100 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Salah's form is more of a worry than his contract for me. He has looked tired since the AFCON & losing that final & WCQ on penalties is sure to have a mental strain on him.

Need to have him back on top form for the big game today week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

According to the papers Salah deal is done, 400k a week

Yeah in fairness he has some amount of minutes played since Christmas,majority of his Afcon games going to extra time and yet again during the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

The mirror are claiming to have an exclusive on the story, it's not as if they have it in the gossip column, i presume that they have something of substance to back it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

He has a poor patch every season so I wouldn't worry yet. I do think the AFCON has dented his confidence though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Very true. Hadn't thought of that. Reports were that there haven't been any discussions since Christmas, that leads me to believe that Liverpool have made a final offer. As you say perhaps Salah, or more like his representatives, thought that the WC would give them more leverage to go back to Liverpool to ask for more.

Salah's team have probably played all their cards now and,hopefully, have realised that this final Liverpool offer is the best one for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

The best contract from a club for his team of agents/representatives is purely financial.

The best financial package from a club is not necessarily the the best contract for Mo.

Either way he's ridiculously wealthy when he retires but does he wanna be seen as a club legend somewhere or have an extra few million he can't spend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Thomhic312

Advertisement