Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,662 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Hoping Liverpool will do it. Not a Liverpool fan but I can appreciate the style of football they're playing and what they're doing in general.

Its so much better in so many ways over City's boring Pep stuff (with endless oil money at their backs).

So not a Liverpool fan but I hope they play City off the pitch today. Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

it's funny but Martin Tyler was just on Sky waxing lyrical about the poise and passing of City and the contrasting styles of both teams, he really has a blind spot for us just as I have for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Sounds like Bobby is in the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Those decisions have a huge effect on today's match, as we would have likely being ahead of City on points going into the match today. That makes a huge difference in how the match will play out, City know if they avoid defeat the league is virtually theirs, so if it's level with 10 minutes to go they can just see the match out and no need to go for it, for us we really need to win, so unless we get into a lead we will have to keep going for it throughout the match which is likely to give City opportunities to pick us off. The onus is on us to take risks at some stage of the match which will hopefully pay off, but, is also likely to play into City's hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I wish I had a deaf spot for him. His awful droning offends my ears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Imo, we need to win today to win the league. Don't see City slipping up in their very easy run in. Will be intriguing to see how they approach this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,488 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I'm waiting for the incoming '' Thiago and Keita are out, a leaf landed on them during training''

Not today hopefully.

_____Alisson____

Trent_Matip_VVD_Robertson

_____Fabinho_______

__Henderson_Thiago__

Salah__Jota__Birthday Boy_

Kill em that way

• Advertisement

So it's Sadio's birthday today and Thiago's tomorrow? A goal each would be a nice gift for the fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I get what you're saying, but the same can be said about City in terms of them dropping silly points. Both teams have slipped up and paid the price on occasion.

What's different is I don't remember us benefitting in terms of points on the board as a result of questionable refereeing decisions like City have had. Their mad game against Arsenal is another example when they got a winner deep into injury time. People love to point to a couple of soft penalties we got against Wolves and Palace - but both of those were very late on and we were already winning so the chances are highly likely we would've won anyway. Plus, like GirlyGal has said, because we're behind going into this, it changes the complexion of the tie massively and allows City to play a bit more safe while we have to be a bit more risky. Previous poor refereeing decisions are still having a direct impact on both teams' approaches in the game today.

City v Liverpool

The One Billion Pound Man v Mr Net Spend Zero

Evil v Good

AND IT'S LIVE !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭passatman86

Hopefully this is a good luck sign, cause I was waiting for your match day humour post "and you delivered"

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Key today will be the front 3. We need to make the ball stick up front. If the front 3 are off it and keep coughing up possession under pressure, then it's going to be a real test for our defence.

Salah and Co. need to be sharp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

So nervous.

So excited.

These are the days we want. Bring it on. Come on redmen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭ArtyM

The one player I dont want to see on the city team sheet is Grealish. The guy is a foul magnet and knows how to con refs.

With him on the pitch, city would get a few free kicks, maybe a pen, or pool players would be carded.

If grealish were a movie, it would be called Falling Down.

And he's likely to have willing officials.

11 v 11 I'd be confident of getting victory or giving city a good game.

Less so 12/13 v 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

those 3 draws killed us.... in total control and then bang.

Worried about City and their diving today. Watched the highlights of their CL game during the week, multiple players going down easy in the box, was crazy stuff...the ref wasnt conned though.... hopefully it wasnt diving practice for today

• Advertisement

He and Sterling are blown around like Autumn leaves in the breeze if an opposing player comes near them. I actually hate to see Ederson on their team sheet more. He is an accident waiting to happen with his rash decision making, rushing headlong into challenges he should be nowhere near, expecting to get an advantage because he's a goalkeeper.

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Mane, Salah, Jota.

Subs: Kelleher, Konate, Milner, Keita, Firmino, Gomez, Jones, Tsimikas, Diaz.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Happy with that team, surprised Jesus starts for them

CITY XI: Ederson, Walker, Stones, Laporte, Cancelo, Rodrigo, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Sterling, Jesus, Foden

Substitutes: Steffen, Aké, Gündogan, Grealish, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Mahrez, McAtee, Lavia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Expecting a tight cagey game maybe a 1.0 win for either or 0.0 now cue a tonne of goals after I saying that😄😄,anyway I'm looking forward to the game it's great to be up there challenging for league titles..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Will have to watch Foden. Always seems to play well against us.

• Advertisement

would love a couple of early hard tackles into Bernado and Sterling.... surprised Jota is starting... Might have had Diaz in there myself... hopefully we can get the win....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm not.

Pep has his best pressers on the pitch.

Not a hope it'll be cagey. That's the problem.

Two high lines, both feeling feeling they need to win.

I think it'll be 2-2 again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

O Mane with his high kicks , fella caused serious damage .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Ah dear god..my stomach is in knots

That's a good bench we have today too. Something in the past we haven't always been able to say..

Some attacking team from City too..

Foden terrifies me tbh..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Mane needs to relax this game. He gets hyped up in big games. Could have been sent off vs Chelsea. Games vs Real and Atletico he was flirting with yellow/red card territory for needless challenges

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Salah wants to be the highest paid player in the Premier League on £500k a week this the game he needs to show up and show why he deserves that kind of wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

He's been making a strong argument about why he should be the highest-paid player in the Premier League since he joined Liverpool. He'd be mad to ask for less. He's got little to prove.

I'm not optimistic about Liverpool's chances today though. I think City are too smart for the ultra-high line and will pick their way through a few times. This Liverpool team has proved me wrong before so here's hoping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Very nervous for today. Wondering what Liverpool team will show up.

More worried what City team shows up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Had Thiago managed to injury himself in the warm up yet, Can't believe he's actually available for a big game

The thing is we can't play like the Anfield game, or we'll lose. The only reason we drew that was Salah.

The threat of Trent's passing from deep should keep City honest, and will hopefully be a big difference from that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Sky hype machine in overdrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Well Liverpool won't pay him £400k let alone £500k so he'll be auditioning for a City move today if that's his goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Jasus that sky opta stats is a blood bath for us at the Ethiad over the past few years 🤣🤣

• Advertisement

God that song before the Match is a bit cringe

Tyler trying to be poetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Some pressing by City..

Come on reds..let's do this

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Lucky Sterling is such a dodgy finisher.

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

balls.

that free kick was not taken in correct spot !!!!

Oh for fcuk sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Holy **** that was way too easy for city... brilliant from Alisson!

edit> ****.

• Advertisement

Twice in that passage of play van Dijk could have;

A) left it to Alisson

B) headed it back to Alisson

but instead headed it back into trouble.

Advertisement