Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I thought we were going to win this, but I didn't expect it to be such a piece of piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Drink it in lads. An utterly fabulous team and fabulous season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Turned it down as they were getting hard to listen too

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Fernandez could have had a red in both games and Ronnie deserved a red in the first. That Hannibal kid should not be praised for trying to hurt players. No wonder they celebrated winning against Norwich like it was a cup final. It’s their standard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

klopp doing a fist pump for each goal rather than the usual 3 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

While Thiago stole the show tonight, a special word for Andy Robertson. He was absolutely immense and created two goals from winning the ball back.

He’s peaking at the perfect time of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Better than sex.

+9 GD on City is huge, it’s so tight that it could be a factor at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Top of the league, embarrassed that lot once again and Mo back in the goals. A lovely lovely evening.

Imagine thinking that lot would give us a game. Same again for Everton lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

I know I had a little moan but these boys are white hot..

Four full days rest until the butchers in blue arrive..rest those muscles lads.

Great performance tonight...simply awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Yep best display of the season from Robbo. Annihilation from the reds. Onto the next ✅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

fecking hell Thiago's English is better than mine

City play twice at home before we play Everton. Can only see us being 4 points behind by ko on Sunday but here’s hoping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Did Mo say "They keep making it so easy for us" about United?

Hahahaha

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Fantastic to win 4-0, 3 points, clean sheet and no injuries.

Played them off the pitch.

Was wishing the one at the end to go in for back to back 5-0 over them but we can't be greedy.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

So easy, one team playing checkers, the other playing chess. I don't care about United, only comment I'll make is that some of their players showed an immense lack of class late on - Side Show Bob can be excused a bit due to his youth, but Fernandes, what a classless sh1te he is.

Handbreak was on after the break, and able to conserve energy.

Recover and on to Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭poppers

Mo more or less saying utd are shite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Fernandes coming out with an apology, lol

SO funny.

Every time, all the same old bull ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Thiago is so good at football.

I wish i was as good at anything as he is at football. Imagine we signed him at 24.jaysus.

The Utd apology thing has become a parody of itself at this stage alright. Interesting that he also says effort wasn't an issue, when it so clearly was. I've genuinely never seen as lazy and noncommittal a side as Utd first half. I mean, they didn't even really play better football second half, they just started actually trying to run a little bit.

It's not often you see a team play badly enough to drop a league place, without any other teams even playing 😅

Post edited by BorneTobyWilde on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

What a performance. United couldn't lay a glove on us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

What a fantastic evening's work.

A lot of great performances across the pitch, made it look very easy at times. Ground was hopping.

In a way, in glad that there was a poor 15 mins after HT and Klopp gave them an earful. A kick in the ass every now and again to keep them on their toes and not to rest on their laurels. Can't afford any sort of let ups. They kicked out of it and got on top again and scored a couple more goals again to get back into the groove.

Hopefully Thiago will be ok, but it looked like he said to Klopp that he was fine and he seemed in good mood in the interview after the game.

Salah was playing well lately, without getting goals. Now he is back in the goals. Here we go.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Keane - they should be ashamed of their lives..... they've checked out.... they're on the holidays....

Hard to disagree with him.

Hope they end up with the Conference League spot.

I wouldn’t be using Piers Morgan to make any point re Liverpool given his background in journalism, BTW.

Van Dijk has been at Liverpool for nearly 4 years and has never lost a Premier League game at Anfield

• Advertisement

Dude, you gotta stop posting content here from that absolute garbage human.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Last 2 times we were in this position with City, 2014 and 2019, City ent on and won all their games when they needed to. I dread the same will happen again.

It's possible and probable but not definite. We can but hope.

Strangely Pep today in his press conference said he was hoping United would take some points off us today. I don't remember him ever expressing such things in previous seasons because he knew it didn't matter what we did as City only needed to keep winning to stay in front.

Maybe he's worried they can't this time.

Naby was really lucky not to see red for his challenge.

Given it was above an above the knee challenge, so was Fernandez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Perhaps Stevie G and Villa will be the ones to deliver the title to Liverpool.

Naby tackle was an attempt at the ball, but ball was gone when his tackle landed, no malice there, but it was a possible red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Can you stop given that Morgan air time on this thread please

The one bit of hope I'd have is the difference in form across all comps between now and 2019 particularly... back then they were rampant, winning every game, won the FA Cup, and League Cup.

By contrast, right now they've not won any of their last 3 games. They've only won 3 of their last 8 games across all competitions. Even in the league, they've only won 3 of their last 6 - and that includes the 1-0 over Everton that was handed to them with that penalty not given, so on merit it should be 2 out of 6.

This City team just doesn't feel like that 2019 steamroller did, so I think there's a bit of hope there at least.

Salah, Mane, Jota broke 50 goals tonight,

51 total now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Yeah both were lucky. Orange card each if you will, so both probably read as they were worse than a yellow.

Lucky the game finished when it did as United just wanted to go kicking players at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I am paraphrasing here but this was Gary Neville in August 2021:

"If Man Utd sign Varane, Sancho and Kane they can win the league. Liverpool.... something's not right there, I just have a feeling".

Seriously, how can such a shameless biased fan-boy be allowed be Sky's main pundit? I mean, customers pay a lot of money for their product so there REALLY should be a better standard required.

If it goes that far I wouldn't be hopeful to be honest. Plus they've been absolutely garbage against the best teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Obviously missing Kane and only getting Ronaldo is the reason they haven't won the league then I assume?

City with two chances to fail before we play again, that's double pressure.

It was silly, as they only finished 2nd because others, and us were having injury troubles. They thought they could build on that false 2nd place finish. Wishful thinking is all it was.

• Advertisement

Bang on. Replace Ronaldo's 15 goals with Kane's 12 and that's the title sewn up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Gary F**king Neville.

That's what you're dealing with now though. Cater to the lowest common denominator and your onto a winner.

Same with Richards and his bants.

I actually like listening to some of the lads on the US/Canadian stations. Hislop is usually very good at pointing out stuff the keepers are doing.

That's my point though - Sky's main pundit should've seen through all that. Just dismissing Liverpool missing all their centre-halves for more than half the season is not good punditry. Thinking that adding a few galactico's to the Utd mess equals a title challenge is not good punditry.

It would be like Sky making John Aldridge their main man.... ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Men against boys. Thiago was ridiculous but he wasn't up against much.

6 to go, over to you City!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

An Adam Lallana hat trick tomorrow would be lovely.

• Advertisement
Advertisement