Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

Yeah they did it last time around apparently.

I thought it was a tribute to someone who passed away - no just pure hubris!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Translates to "going for 14"

They did the same before the last final and the press made a big deal of it saying it was disrespectful but I'd have no issue with it as they are going for 14. I just pray they'll have it on again in the next semi and not 15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

If only City had to play at 12.30 on Saturday morning after. Wednesday game...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭Thud

only negative is that Real have won La Liga already so can wrap players in cotton wool until the final

Hopefully we have match sharpness from the 5 finals we play between now and then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

This made me laugh....it makes no sense whatsoever yet somehow catches the moment perfectly (from the Guardian min by min report)

😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Real will now have from now until the final to prep for the game as they have the league wrapped up. That can be both good and bad for them, plenty of time to prep, recover from any knocks etc. but maybe they come in a little undercooked. Four weeks and four games, how intense will they be playing, everyone trying to avoid injury etc. Where as we will likely be going hard right up until the week before the final provided we keep winning.

Obviously if you're a Madrid fan you look at it the opposite way and we might turn up for the final running on fumes while they're rested and healthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Yeah sickener that. They've got the rub of the green both with who they have to play and when in these last few league fixtures.

We'll just have to do it the hard way, as we always do! Hopefully their mental state is shot to sh!t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Yeah but it may also not be a positive. Our lads have to keep focused and keep our rhythm for five games. They won't have that.

As some wise man once said, can't quite remember his name, "what a fùcking season!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I'm not worried about Real at all, Park them and finish the league.

Let's see where we are in a forthright.... We perform better with routine and Tempo anyway, we're better with a tight schedule than when we have a long rest. Bring them on,

Just had a look at the Bluemoon forum, bloody hell, those players are in for a rough homecoming if that is anything to go by. Apparently it’s a UEFA conspiracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

To score 6 goals against City over 2 legs is phenomenal. Madrid will be an extremely difficult game. We'll need to be on it from the very first second

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Bluemoon in full on tinfoil hat conspiracy mode. It’s absolutely glorious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Perfect result tonight, a City collapse with one foot in the final, surely this will knock their confidence now, we need to beat Spurs to keep the pressure on them and hope that Newcastle will make it difficult for them which I think they can, just a pity that match isn't on Saturday, that extra day might be enough for Pep to get them going again, I think if they survive the Newcastle game they'll see it out.

Long term it probably hastens Pep's exit which is great news for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Going to be some final that's for sure!

Still had a feeling Madrid would do it all along...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I said it before we played them last, that city defence is porous, what's even more shocking is for the ammount of money they have spent on it they have'nt a single world class player in their back 5.

I know we were lucky to get a point against them, but i think we really missed a trick not going all out for them in the last game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Madrid have just so much experience and Ancelotti tends to do well against Klopp. That **** Ramos isn’t there this time though and we have Diaz and Thiago this time. And Allison!

Could be a cracker.

Origi to the rescue again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Last time we played Real Madrid in the Champions League final, Origi was loaned out to Wolfsburg.

Real Madrid won’t be so lucky this time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Klopp vs. Carlo played 10 won 3 lost 3 drew 4.

Champions League record played 6 won 2 lost 3 drew 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Would be a fitting end for Origi, but Salah deserves it more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah we cant afford any slow starts like last night and the CBs are really going to have to marshall Benzema well. I didnt rate Vinicus when they first bought him but he has turned in to some player and was toying with the City defence tonight, Trent is going to have to be on it.

Just hope whatever ref gets selected is up to it. The first goal is vital as if they take a lead they will go full dark arts and spoil the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'm happier with Madrid.

Despite all the dark arts, comebacks, heritage etc I think city are better.

I want revenge for 2018.

I also would be gutted for City to take this from us as well as the league.

The fact it might affect their league performances is just gravy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Pep has officially become a meme again:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

the second leg of a CL knockout game is always mental, you have very good teams going for it with nothing to lose, these things happen. City were unbelievably unlucky and given their dominance in the first leg should really have gone through. Whether the players have the toughness to get over it, I don't know, they don't strike me as mentally tough but the dross they are likely to face in the PL will get them over the line.

They'll then get to sing their nasty little songs about Liverpool.

City conceded six goals over two legs when Kyle Walker was not on the field. For the 72 mins he was on the field they conceded none.

Lifted from Blue Moon, it's interesting to see what happens when you remove an integral part of your team, I don't think it's an excuse, it simply shows what can happen. Kind of puts our own injury woes in perspective from last year. Ideally I'd wrap our players in cotton wool but because they have an outside chance of the league, you just can't do it.

Post edited by gimli2112 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,470 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Some lovely comments from Blue Moon:

*52 minutes into my working day, and I’m flabbergasted at how many people suddenly want to talk about football. ****.

*bring on the super league and end this ****

*Game management skills akin to a box of **** fish fingers.

*wish we could **** this bent competition off. It’s corrupt to the core

*Angry the last 40 minutes. Extremely **** angry. It was like we just switched off at the most crucial time.

That said, funnily enough at the end it’s done and we still have the league to go for.

1. Go and **** win it

2. Stop the murderers doing the quad, because they’ll demolish these in the way we couldn’t.

*Anyone who still thinks winning that **** tournament would be better than winning the PL must be crackers.

I hate the CL with a vengeance. I don't think we'll ever win it - UEFA won't let us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Enzokk

City's defense is good because the keep the ball for 60-80% of the time. The other team cannot score against you if they don't have the ball. But teams that are clinical has shown you can score and score a lot against this team. In the 9 matches against us, Tottenham, PSG and Real they have conceded 20 goals.

Add in RB Leipzig which they conceded 5 in 2 games, it shows they can be gotten at. Amazing really that we have conceded almost the same amount this season across all competitions as City - 43 each, yet our defense gets called flaky. We have also played more games as we won the League Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Don’t forget this doozie lol

”I know this sounds a bit overdramatic but personally I was seriously worried about a load of pissed up scousers in paris picking off a few blues here & there (& lets face it they have plenty of history on that front) so if its saved one blue from a beating off those scum thats got to be good”

Edit: reading down that thread a bit and there is a poster saying the problem with football is that it’s all about money… I’m sure the irony will dawn on him eventually😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

This final is Ali vs Frazier.

It is that big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Next season's home kit. People asked for a plain red kit so looks like that's what Nike have provided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

New home kit, nice enough, plain red

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdKtlTcoVpc/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There's a queue on the Liverpool site to buy the jersey but it's available on the Nike store for members.

€90 for the normal one and €140 for the player version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

All that for a kit that's pretty much as plain as you can possibly get🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,537 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Looks like a tshirt or training top, unfortunately not priced as one though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

A summary of my Champions League final experiences :

Pre 2005 : In school.

2005 : Was ill, watched it at home.

2007 : Went to the local at 2pm. They had a free spread on. Got mullered. We were really bad.

2018 : See 2007, add on I had a fight with a Leeds fan. Karius.

2019 : Went very early to the pub. Can only remember the peno, Robertson had a shot, and Origi. Broke my foot jumping up for 2nd goal.

Supposedly the club are doing well out if the % based deal with Nike, after a slow COVID impacted opening year.

The fact that there's a big queue already today shows that there is high demand and probably a high number of sales again. That's a big price too, so plenty of revenue.

So many games... getting withdrawal symptoms the rare days Liverpool arent playing.

My wife can't believe every 3rd or 4th day Liverpool are playing "AGAIN!" Of course, I may be taking the piss watching the MC games too of late 😬

provided you can convince her the Liverpool away kit is blue you may be ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Have often wondered, what is the difference between the two Shirts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Normally I prefer simple kits but that one is almost too simple. Looks like a plain red t-shirt with a badge and a sponsor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

From what I know, one is a sports performance jersey with a different fit, different materials, better ventilation and moisture wicking etc etc designed to give marginal gains or wherever.

The other is just a copy with none of the performance features and made with cheaper materials probably.

You definitely don't need the players version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

i remember the days of €45 for jerseys , wtf are they so expensive now

and they looked better then aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

SportsDirect in Limerick are still selling the jerseys from 2 years ago (the first Nike one) for €25 😂

• Advertisement
Advertisement