Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I would take League + League Cup over Champions League + FA Cup + League Cup.

But Champions League + FA Cup + League Cup would also be incredibly sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Let's be greedy and grab the lot😀😀,Premier league for me aswell but don't see city slipping up,just going to enjoy the rest of the season as might never see a season like this again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'd take Champions League but it's very close.

PL given the context of what a fightback it would be plus how good City are plus joining United on 20....would be huge

But CL is the top competition and I just love it more. Gives us a Super Cup game v Frankfurt or Rangers and a CWC so potential for more silverware

Ah no I can't really decide. It'll have to be both. And the FA Cup. I'll allow us to lose the Charity Shield but that's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I really don't care.

I do care about the players and really want them to have one of the big two. I also care that Salah, Fabinho, Alison prefer the champions league. Thiago and Diaz didnt join for the Premier League. They knew they had a good chance at the champions League. For them i lean CL. Slightly. Ever so slightly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Come on u can’t pick fa cup over any of the other 2, doesn’t matter if we haven’t won it with Klopp. For me it’s 60/40 in favour of champions league. The final in Paris is the biggest event in club football each year and winning it brings a lot more status and prestige than winning PL, it also brings more chance to the likes of Salah, Mane winning Balon D’Or. Plus Alison, VVD, even Klopp will win euro awards. Benzema will be up against us for Balon D’Or also. But anyway hope we win both and fa cup would just be a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

I'd always say the champions league over the league but missing out on celebrating the last league win like we should have means winning this one is very enticing. But I defo can't decide. I want all of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,098 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Because there was no parade the last time, I think that the players & fans deserve that league title parade. So I'd go with the PL over the CL. But I am in no way turning my nose up at a CL!

Also I think the last few seasons kinda deserve multiple league titles and were unlucky with 97 points coming 2nd. To have 'only' 1 from these 4 seasons sounds like it was a once off-off, whereas it's actually been 3 brilliant seasons and might have not have the trophies to show that in years to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

CL is the big one, lads, it's the one the top foreign lads join for. Winning another one just adds to our worldwide appeal and further cements us as a viable option for top players over the likes of Madrid, Barca etc. Of course the PL is huge for supporters, bragging rights etc, but CL is the main trophy. Also, this season it's the only one we actually have in our own hands to win, as we're relying on snookers in the PL.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭davidm20

Double post

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭davidm20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭passatman86

Heres a scenario, would you be interested in winning the C/L milan comeback 2005 style. And winning the league last game of the seaseon Sergio Aguero style but the commentator screams Firminooooooooo . AND winning the cup Stevie G long range last minute shot vs west ham for the win style but Hendo with the long ranger

Imagine

I think that's why I always think winning the champions league is better. Because its a final and it happens on the day and all the elation that goes with that whereas you win the league over an entire season of great moments but very often moments like an Aguero one in the final league game are few and far between.

If you win a league I'd defo choose to win it like that over any other way but let's be honest, we can't be fussy, whatever way, if it happens I'm getting drunk for a month. If we win it all I'll need a new liver.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Infoseeker1975

Lets just win tomorrow night😉

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

CL for me. Raises the clubs profile long term more than the league.

we don’t have state money and are not able to bend the transfer market to our will. The players we sign really have to want to come to anfield. 7 stars resonates better with non British players

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

The league is and always has been the main one for Liverpool, we went 30 years without winning it, unlucky to miss out despite getting 97 points and when we did win it, it couldn't be celebrated properly due to Covid, our defence of the title was then destroyed by injury. This squad deserves a second league title for the last few years, plus it gets us to 20 titles with United.

We'll always have a chance of winning the CL, as we proved in 2005 when we were far from the best team in Europe. Hopefully we get all 4, as we are unlikely to be in this situation again and would be great to pull it off, but, would be happy with 2 of the remaining 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I can still remember vividly the days when I was hoping for a top four finish the same way I’m hoping for us to win a 20th league title and 7th European Cup now.

2010 to 2013 was a truly horrible period to be a Liverpool supporter, but I appreciate those hard times so much more in hindsight now because all the glory is even sweeter.

From 2006, we had droughts of 6 and 7 years with no silverware (or 13 in total if we’re talking about just the major trophies). Now we’re here discussing which trophy we want to win the most in the next 22 days out of the three competitions we have a superb chance of winning.

You have to pinch yourself sometimes, if someone told me in late 2010 that we’d be in this position less than 12 years later along with a Premier League title and a 6th European Cup in the trophy cabinet, I wouldn’t have been able to believe it.

It’s f**king great to be a Liverpool supporter at the minute, but it’s even better to have been one all the years we won nothing, because it means so much more now having been through those barren years.

Fantastic season so far.

We need to deliver major silverware or it'll be a disappointing one imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I don't think the haters would survive. Not sure I want that on my conscience.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

just last week City were eyeing up a double, a lot's happened in a week. I had been thinking with all the media hysteria around a quadruple City were quietly working their way to a CL and league double very much under the radar

• Advertisement

This dude worth a follow on twitter, he's putting together some lists of good places to watch the game in Paris. Has also confirmed that the city will not host an outdoor screening of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Had a very real dream last night of Man Cty going 1-0 down late on to Wigan Athletic, Hugo Rodallega scored the goal.

This title race is doing strange things to my brain. Need to stop watching Prenier League Years late at night too I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭Enzokk

We could end up with only 1 trophy but it will not have diminished the fun and enjoyment I had this season waiting for a Liverpool match or watching one. It would be great though to have 2 or 3 more before the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Tbf at this stage it would be desperately disappointing not to win at least one more trophy, still would be a great season, but, it would be a bit like 2013/14, enjoyed it greatly (still one of my most enjoyable seasons)but ultimately disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,482 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

If plastic waving tiny club like Chelsea has now been sold for 5.2 Billion, what is Liverpool worth. Will such a price for Chelsea make FSG contemplate their options. Liverpool claim to have 600m fans worldwide, compared to Chelsea with 135m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭Damien360

I’m struggling to get details of that purchase other than 2.5bn is going to a locked account to pass to a charity of Roman’s choice. Not sure what’s happening the rest. The guy co owns the LA Dodgers, is this another Glazer like purchase using existing franchise values to raise the loan ?

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/chelsea-fc-sale-boehly-led-consortium-signs-purchase-agreement-to-buy-club-12607230

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

You're the personification as to why other fans hate Liverpool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

London property market , Chelsea own quite a bit I believe,due to Roman.. Chelsea are huge club now

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

• Advertisement

Come on, they're no Liverpool, no United, no Barca, no Real, no PSG, no Bayern. Sunderland have a bigger stadium, all Chelsea's honours came in last 20 years on the back on Billions.

Okay not tiny, buy you get what I mean.. compared to Liverpool

Point being a precedent is set regarding a price, 5.2b in 2022 for Chelsea. So I'm thinking that if Liverpool was sold today, you'd be talking ??? 8-10B

Its £2.5bn Toby. Big difference to £5.2bn! And frankly it massively over priced even at that given they need a new stadium or a massive refurb and extension of the existing one, not to mention the fact they lose nearly a million quid every single week. The numbers make no sense from the outside looking in to me or any of the finance observers I've seen comment on it. I'll be a very interested observer in to how that club is run from now and how those owners plan to get their coin back.

A consortium won't be without it owns issues too, lots of different voices with their own opinions. Under Hicks and Gillet we only had two and they were at each others throats from the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Chelsea don't actually own Stamford Bridge or the name of the club it is owned and run by a non profit.

They're the current European Champions.

Google tells me Liverpool are valued at 3.2b - which I believe is about right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

So much for Uefa's rule that name on ticket must match name on passport when entering stadium. Another wishy washy effort to avoid touting

Tchouameni's price has now gone up to €70m over the last couple of days

Monaco see a bidding war ready to go on by the looks of it and they also have an option of an extra year on his contract leaving him under contract till 2025 if they use it.

Great result for Liv... I mean Wolves against Chelsea coming from two goals down... and that's away. Still something to play for.

€70m isn’t outrageous for a top young midfielder these days. If he’s good enough, we might well pay that fee. If we paid that amount for Fabinho who played for the same club, in the same position, in hindsight it still would’ve been a great deal.

If it’s Tchouameni for €70m or Bellingham for €100m, I’d probably lean towards the latter to be honest.

Tchouameni & Bellingham for around combined £150m the same price West Ham have put on Rice the British club tax is mental.

• Advertisement

Not a single player in the world is worth that amount, fair play to West Ham if they can get anywhere close to it.

If the price was right for Rice, I’d definitely have him at Liverpool though. He really is top class, but not £150m of top class.

Seems strange that United have to twiddle their thumbs for over two weeks to play their final game of the season. How do they only have one game left, weird.

Everton still on 33 games.. if they can make it count it's something to cling on to.

We play every few days right up to the start of June. Success is hard work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Because they were to be playing Chelsea next week in their final home game of the season but Chelsea have a bigger game on so that game was moved forward.

Naa they don't play Chelsea, it's Palace in final game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Yea they were to play Chelsea next week but Chelsea are in the final so the game has already been played last week hence United have one game left now after today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭No Bills

"Because they were to be playing Chelsea next week [May 14th/15th] in their final home game of the season..."

Chelsea now have the FA Cup Final next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,098 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Don't think it needs to be said how important this game is. massive.

Come on redmen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,874 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Petition to have every home game at 8 o clock, Anfield is fcuking rocking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

World class tackle by Henderson there

Advertisement