Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

FFS Naby. Any decent contact and it’s a goal. Complete air kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That ball should've been played out wide to Timmy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Ah ffs Naby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Ah Naby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Naby, my WORD. What were you at!?!?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Had enough time to take a touch there and then hit it, did Naby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Keita ffs...Sunday league stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

My stream is so behind:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Oof, Naby!

Still, hard to be too harsh when he created the chance himself with his dribbling just before.

Trent’s final ball is back on tonight thankfully after it went missing for an hour and a half on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ref is being influenced now by the home fans because he has been bad with his decisions for both teams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

True, but to me it looks ominous. Just based on my own personal experience of multiple grade 1 tears (my best guess from the sidelines), I'd be incredibly surprised if we are him play again for a couple of weeks. And if he did appear again before then I'd be anxious he'd aggravate it.

That going off and then being beckoned back on the pitch by the ref has to be the most ridiculous rule in football, and there are a few of those to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Diaz getting booed for getting an elbow in the mush.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Trebt is awful yet again tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Awful game, lads know the title is gone, real end of season feel to this.

His jaw could’ve fractured Digne’s elbow, very dangerous play from Diaz.

Jones really doesn’t strike me as a “Klopp player”.

This is brutal stuff. Has Jones shown any signs of development this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Such a scrappy match..really could go either way

Playing a little better as the half goes on. Have to say I'm bricking it when one of our lads goes down...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Diaz has some control.

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Villa not great, could have put up a score on them but the match Saturday has put a halt to that

Klopp won the race to the dressing room, bodes well for the second half.

clumsy best describes much of that half and that includes the officials. I think a lot of ours are minding themselves for cup finals

Much like a lot of our away first halves this season to be honest. It's always the second half we step up away from home, so not feeling too bad about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Should be 2-1 up. Kieta missed a sitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

We got this.

Much more stable since Henderson came on, created a few chances.

Just need to put some of them away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ya he's developed the amount of wild shots he takes per game. I'd rather we were playing Harvey instead of him.

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I don’t understand what’s going on with Elliott, there has to be something keeping him out of the team apart from his footballing quality, because he’d have racked up a decent amount of appearances since returning from injury if everything was well with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Infoseeker1975

Jones is good but not good enough for this Liverpool team. If you put Thiago and Salah on for Jones & Jota around the hour mark, assuming it is still 1-1 then we are far more likely to win this game, fingers crossed re Fab that he is at least available for CL final and that it was a tweak and nothing else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I don’t think Curtis is up to our standards, at least not for the starting 11. I think I am right in saying, whenever he starts we are fairly average at best. Let’s hope Fabinho is not out for long.

Was a fairly horrible injury... I'd say it's taking time to get over the niggles. Might even be some psychological effects from it too, being a bit afraid to trust it fully. I mean, feck, his foot was facing the wrong direction, it's bound to be very hard to get beyond the PTSD of something like that even.

For Jones... he's obviously a very good footballer, I'd be reluctant to write off a fella at 21 years old. Could do with a year out on loan to play regularly though, and get more match experience in tougher grittier situations. Who knows if he'll make it at Liverpool, probably not, since most don't. Plenty of quality there though, which just needs to be polished with experience. 21 is just so bloody young, i think we lose sight of that a bit since he's been around for so long, with expectations just being waaaaay too high.

I’ve always been optimistic about Curtis Jones and a supporter of him getting games, but the fact that he still isn’t improving his biggest weaknesses or learning from the same mistakes makes me worry for his future at the club.

Hendo telling TAA to use his **** head.

Yeah that's why I mention a loan... he's just never had any sort of real run at senior football, and that's where real development comes in. A year or two out on loan playing every week will produce a completely different player - whether he's ever good enough to be a Liverpool regular, who knows, but it's hard to judge much before he's actually gotten enough proper real game experience into his bones.

As an example - Harry Wilson has developed hugely since leaving for his loans. Looked to be stagnating with us at the same age as Jones, but is now a proper player that impacts games throughout. Not good enough for us still, but it shows how much more development there is to come from playing regularly in your early 20s. Same with Ryan Kent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Bobby doesn't seem to be getting a look-in these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

These Villa lads are going to hurt somebody, likes of McGinn and Konsa, Douglas just jumping into lads and being reckless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He's been injured for pretty much the last two months this is his first game back.

• Advertisement

Only just back from a foot injury, most he could be fit for is the bench still I’d imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bobby has been put for a few weeks with a foot injury. This is his first game back.

If Jones goes on loan at this stage he's never coming back. He may be 21 but he has over 50 appearances for the senior team now. There's nothing for him to gain from a loan other than establishing himself at another club that he'll ultimately end up joining permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

We pass and pass the ball around slowly edging into opposite 1/3 and the build is so slow and space is so tight we constantly giving the ball away with sloppy passes . Villa literally getting into better positions in fraction of the time on the break.

Trent seems to have reverted to his covid no fans in stadium form where he’s just relentlessly giving up possession. It’s very frustrating - don’t look like scoring at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Konsa was the one who let out a big scream when nothing happened to him as well

Doesn’t look like Mo’s coming on tonight, still sat on the bench not warming up.

Frustrating. Can’t get any rhythm going at all. Game is full of niggly fouls, slow set pieces and stupid officiating

Not convinced that Thiago works well off the bench.

Beautiful goal. Diaz is some signing, lovely ball in.

• Advertisement

Thank **** for that.

Advertisement