Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

The mighty ****ing Reds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,674 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Mad that Liverpool finish 3rd in the end.

It is. After all the gloom about the chances of making top 4 , myself included, 3rd is amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Mentality Monsters.

Incredible to drag themselves up to third with the season of injuries, loss of forms and shocking VAR decisions.

Fantastic to see.

Absolutely. Delighted for Sadio, poor form this season, questioned by many, but never gave up and came good in the end.

Good end to a poor campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Never doubted myself.

However what amazes me is they had the 3rd best defensive record.

If Mane had scored the guilt edge chances he had during the season they would have finished a lot closer to City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

We had absolutely no right to finish in the top four given our injury crisis this season, and the turgid football we played for months as a result.

And yet we finish third. Mentality monsters are back! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Once those Leicester players where caught breaking covid protocols when in a top 4 race you knew they weren't fully in it.

But what an end to the season :D

We can just put a lid on this one and move on, add a few players and give City a go next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Fair play to you for believing Toby.

I doubted it BIG time but you didn't (you were mental btw:D).

What a ****ing round-a-bout season!

THAT WILL ****ING DO PIG!
    Yeah I wrote them off as well,I have no problem holding my hand up and admitting it,thought top 4 was gone,fair play to klopp and all the players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Not a classic season, but a really great finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

So after ALL THAT DRAMA the Top 4 is still the 4 teams everyone would've called at the start of the season :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Good to end the season in decent form. Thiago looks settled in and will be a beast next year, Jota will chip in with goals when fit. Going to need a replacement for Wijnaldum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

A nice touch from the pitchside signs. Thank you for your support.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

murpho999 wrote: »
    26 points from 30 in last 10 games answers your question. Not so mad
    We got more points then then the others below us obviously :p
    How are we only 5 points off Utd and their brilliant season :pac:

I should have used the rhetorical question font

Well well, well.

Finished 3rd after such a poor season. We probably shouldn't doubt that Liverpool team and manager. Brilliant stuff :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Can only be excited at the thought of next season.

Well done to Williams and Philips. I really don't expect to see many minutes next year but massive salvage job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

I'd like to see the term Mentality Monsters end today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I think in terms of greatest achievements ever in football, in descending order
    3. Leicester winning the league
    2. This
    1. Putting manners on the blues last year

Mane marvellous

Lads we actually secured Champions League football because our fcuking goalkeeper scored a 95th minute winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Nice to finish the season on a positive note and secure CL football again for next season.

Worst season in 5 years and it's a 3rd place finish. Will be 5 consecutive years of CL football now too. A good standard & baseline to set.

Great turnaround from Klopp & the players the last month or so. Best form in the league the last 9(?) or so games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,674 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Meanwhile Vardy's bouncing himself off defenders and screaming three times a game to plaudits of clever play

Its because he's English, innit

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

Dislocated both shoulders doing that, so he did.

:D

Fromvert wrote: »
    Once those Leicester players where caught breaking covid protocols when in a top 4 race you knew they weren't fully in it.

But what an end to the season :D

We can just put a lid on this one and move on, add a few players and give City a go next year.

Seeing Vardy laughing and joking with the spurs players at the end shows how much it means to him.

Crazy to think we'd probably have challenged for the title very closely if we literally just forfeited that game against Everton at the start of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Worst Champions Ever.

Up your collective ****ing arses, each and every one of you.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

What's our longest consecutive stint of CL football?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,049 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Getting 4th would've been a huge achievement from where we were 10 games ago, but getting 3rd is out of this world! Really thought Chelsea would be opening the gap the way they were playing, not closing it!

Huge huge end to the season, it means that despite everything that happened this year, next season is effectively a do-over. We get to come back with a fully fit squad, and no penalty for having a bad one. Losing out on CL would've been really painful, but now, as the man himself said, We Go Again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Well these lads proved me wrong and no two ways about it.

I suppose, we were never as bad as we thought we were. The string of terrible results really were anomalous. Even with the depleted team it totally defied logic that we lost game after game. There was no lucky let offs, or sendings off, or penalties, or poxy deflected goals in our favour. It might've been a weird case of statistical bunching, but it was incredibly depressing, and to come out the far side still able to grind out results is a huge credit to the side. Whatever luck we might've had lately was something we had none of when the season was at it's worst, so it'd be ridiculous to suggest our place in the top 4 was anything other than richly deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Finishing 3rd and 26 points from 30 should silence the doubters and people will see that this team is not that far off and if players are back next season and a couple of signings then they'll be PL contenders next season.

Well a cold Thursday night in Uzbeckhestan can go **** itself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

26 points from 30 in last 10 games answers your question. Not so mad

Unreal when you consider we started the run with relegation form having lost 7 of the previous 10.

Finishing 3rd and 26 points from 30 should silence the doubters and people will see that this team is not that far off and if players are back next season and a couple of signings then they'll be PL contenders next season.

I'd like to see some signings of course, but once they're all fit we're contenders with the squad exactly as it is right now

An in form Thiago in front of Van Dijk with fab and Hendo beside him is going to be a sight to behold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Looking forward to hearing from Klopp.

Perhaps one of his best ever achievements, considering the context?

We finished closer to City 17 points than they did to us last season 18 points.

Worst title defense ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

DrumSteve wrote: »
    An in form Thiago in front of Van Dijk with fab and Hendo beside him is going to be a sight to behold.

We saw this for 5 minutes against Everton in October and it was a sight to behold.

• Advertisement

Tell ya what, that kit's after growing on me over the last 90 minutes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

3rd.

What were we stressed about?

fyfe79 wrote: »
    We saw this for 5 minutes against Everton in October and it was a sight to behold.

Yeah, but an even more in form Thiago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

I don’t think Gini wants to leave tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

noodler wrote: »
    What's our longest consecutive stint of CL football?

9 from 77 to 85, 6 from 05 to 10. This will be 5.

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »

Looks smashing on the TV anyway

SlickRic wrote: »
    3rd.

What were we stressed about?

Somehow only 5 points off 2nd too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭doc_17

2 months ago I said that I thought Thiago was a good player but it just wasn’t working. It’s working this past two months. Getting Fabinho in along with him had been the making of him.

Thank you Gini

Thiago was the man over the last 10 games controlled everything and made the team tick.

Thiago was the man over the last 10 games controlled everything and made the team tick.

There's a lot to be said for playing with your socks down.

~Rebel~ wrote: »

Statistically, it’s our most successful kit ever so far. There’s a lot to love about it given the 100% winning record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

When we do qualify for the Champions League we make the final 30% of the time. Quite the record that

Fromvert wrote: »
    When we do qualify for the Champions League we make the final 30% of the time. Quite the record that

The Anfield Conundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I don’t think Gini wants to leave tbh

I'm sure he'll feel better when he sees his new paycheck and signing-on fee. Pity a deal couldn't have been done to keep him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Great to finish third after such a terrible season, very important that we secured CL football next season. Would have liked Leicester to have made it too, especially with Chelsea losing.
    It was a season to forget really, but, we've had a positive finish to the season which I feel was important for next season. We won't have any problem attracting any players now that we have CL. I think this season should stand to us for next season, we've found another way to win, hopefully we won't have the same level of injuries next season and we have a decent transfer window this summer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement